Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: The Bossy Rossy Show

• Start Topic

The Vixen is my least favorite because of her default shit stirring mode, but she had the best look tonight, I think she should have won if she'd only done a little better during the maxi challenge.

Were Eureka's nipples blurred out during her big sexy baby scene?

Mayhem was robbed, Monet's lipsync was a brutal striptease, she had the worst runway outfit this season and air guitar should always be an immediate disqualification.  This isn't RuPaul's "teenager listening to Van Halen in their bedroom" Race.

Edited by beartrash
  • Love 11

Minichallenge: The Vixen did the best imo. What was Blair St. Clair wearing? I didn't like her outfit.

For the rest of the show:

I loved that Aquaria got paired with Eureka. 

Cameron Michaels was my favorite and should have at least been in the top, if not the winner.   Glad she got to speak to Shania. 

I liked Monet's outfit.  I'm embarrassed that I mix up Monet X. Change and Monique Heart. Part of that is that the names are similar. 

I agreed with Michelle that was giraffe, not brown cow.

I didn't like her performance for the challenge, but I adored Blair's outfit on the main stage. It was so cute. 

Spoiler

I like Mayhem. Sorry to see her go. 

Easily the Best Untucked of the season. Easily. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I'm annoyed that Mayhem was in the bottom. Ultimately I think she wasn't ready to turn it out as much as I really wanted her to (she was my pick to win the season, pre-season) and likely wouldn't have survived Snatch Game, but I saw no issue with her maxi challenge performance. At first I wasn't sure she was playing up her role enough, but she built it up to running around the set like the glorious weirdos with strange phobias do on Maury. She executed her brief just fine, and deserved more of a middling or bottom but safe finish. I can't be enraged because I don't think she was cut out to go the distance, but this felt like the wrong time to put her in the bottom. Probably should've been Vixen and Monet.

I'm really ready for Aquaria to end up in the bottom and have to LSFYL. She's the other one where I just don't get it, and I want to see her demonstrate some actually charisma.

• Love 6

I would have put the Vixen in the bottom too. She was just so bad in the maxi challenge. Her runway was great, but her performance was terrible.

Mayhem was dead on for one of those people who have phobias on Maury. Mayhem should have been solidly safe. I don't think Mayhem was going the distance either.

Aquaria is still not doing it for me either.

Monet is a lip sync assassin. She understands building a narrative in a lip sync performance better than anyone else this season.

• Love 9

I'm glad The Vixen is self-aware about her problems calibrating her responses. If she can master that, her directness and lack of fear regarding confrontation can be harnessed for good.

Eureka often annoys me, but she really excelled in this episode.

If there is a returning contestant this season, it will likely be Dusty or Mayhem. And I don't know exactly why Ru completely dissolves when Michelle says "Miss Vanjie," but I could watch it all day.

• Love 9

I loved when Michelle told Eureka that, without a wig as the sexy baby, she looked like Pepper from American Horror Story.

Edited by SHD
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Monet is a lip sync assassin. She understands building a narrative in a lip sync performance better than anyone else this season.

Completely agreed. I have been consistently impressed with her wit on the runway (in both of her LYSFLs as well as the walkoff mini challenge in the first episode) -- she finds ways to tell jokes and stories without saying an audible word. Every gesture feels like a deliberate choice, and almost all of those choices are fantastic. And something about it feels a lot more effortless than the comedic lip syncs from queens like Dela and Alaska -- like she's not really trying to get a laugh, she just is insanely funny?

It's really been so shockingly refreshing to see how many of these queens are just sharp as hell this season. I'm not sure I've ever laughed out loud this much in any other season, so many of them are just so naturally funny and entertaining.

• Love 14

I don't like Eureka, Aquaria (although I love that as a man, he sounds like someone I would've shared a cabin with at a Jewish summer camp in the '90s--and that is not a euphemism!), or the Vixen.

And I know that Aquaria is not actually Jewish and Miz Cracker is. 

I know things!

Monet annihilated Mayhem in that lip sync, like Shangela vs. Trixie annihilated!

Kameron and Blair are boring in really different ways. 

I'm not rooting for anyone to win, but this shit is watchable. Once Eureka goes it'll be more watchable, which means she'll be here until the final three. 

Oh well. I liked Drag Race Thailand so I can rewatch that to cleanse my spirit.

• Love 4

Again, this season its a thought competition... Like, no one really bombed this week (ok, no one but Monet for really be lacklust on the max challenge for the horrible runway look) but bitchy manages to be a killer lip syncer (shes this year Peppermint, just dont know if the competition this season will allow her to go as far..). I´m sorry to see Mayhem go.. She was a really nice and polished queen and I was expecting her to bomb at the max challenge, but she did better than Monet, The Vixen and Aquaria.. The runway tho, not my favorite from her...  But what really put her in the bottom/sent her home was the fact that after week one, she wasnt able to steal the scene... Shes more quiet so she would need something to stand out among this group.. Her looks were really good, but IDK, she lacks presence.. Watching her walking on the runway and her lip sync, its too expected.. Other queens are pulling out stuff out of the box while she was doing the basic.. Well done, but basic.

As for the top two, Cracker and Eureka both did great and IMO it could be a double win. Eureka went for the more obvious/in your face/shameless joke while Cracker build it up with her puns.. Different styles  but both efficient.. And their looks were adorable (Cracker really knows how to sell a character on the runway). And wow, Kameron got her first talking head!!!! She actually surprised me with her max challenge, she did well.. But she still no delivering on personality... She and Blair should be worried because Mayhem had the same problem and went home on just a little slip.

• Love 3

The irony of Mayhem’s long quest to be a contestant on RDR is that I don’t think the show will help her career at all. In fact, it may hurt it. Prior to the show, Mayhem was talked about as this fierce queen, but I never saw it. The judges also clearly never saw it as most week’s she had pretty lackluster critiques.  Instead of demonstrating what an amazing queen she is, her performance on the show makes me feel she is highly overrated. 

I am so happy that Monet was spared. I agree her looks are not as polished, but she has tons of charisma. I just adore her. 

Miz Cracker and Monique Heart are both hilarious!  And glad to see Vanjie! continues to bring us joy. 

• Love 8

Ha, I loved that Blair and Monique chose VANJIE as their safe word and then ended up incorporating it into their skit. I love how much just hearing that makes Ru laugh.

Miz Cracker REALLY committed to that dill pickle character (a sentence I never thought I would type). I also loved her runway look so I would have given her the win. I felt like she was much more creative than Eureka in both the challenge and the runway.

I really want to know what these "deluxe hotel accommodations" in Las Vegas are for this week's prize. I even watched the credits to see if anyone specific was listed under promotional considerations, but no answers there.

I have to admit that I was not very enthused about the runway looks because I am not a fan of Canadian tuxedos or the denim/country look.

• Love 10

Ross Matthews: American treasure.

10 hours ago, beartrash said:

Mayhem was robbed, Monet's lipsync was a brutal striptease, she had the worst runway outfit this season and air guitar should always be an immediate disqualification.  This isn't RuPaul's "teenager listening to Van Halen in their bedroom" Race.

Monet was giving us "MAN, who feels like a woman" realness. The air guitar makes more sense in this context.

• Love 13

I was thinking about this some more, and while I thought these sketches were genuinely pretty funny especially by Drag Race standards - they really need to let the queens improve and/or create their own scenes way more often, it's always way better than a lame script that's been handed to them - I think we missed out on the trash talk show staples of guests who make the crowd gleefully and loudly boo them. Something like:

The "cash me outside" girl or the general proud juvenile delinquents who turn up on Maury. Great opportunity for a queen to have fun manipulating Vh1's bleeping into yelling some absurd-ass swears at the audience, and the other queen could either be her scandalized mother or a butch queen bootcamp drill sergeant who's there to whip the little brat into shape.

Or a good old fashioned paternity test -- two queens kai kai'ed and now Monet won't pay a dime even though the photoshopped baby doll has Monet's actual out-of-drag, glasses and all, face on it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think Eureka and Aquaria were so funny because Maury literally only has five topics, and one of them is about obese toddlers (MY 2 YEAR OLD WEIGHS 200 POUNDS). Also, they just *went* for it. There is no vanity in comedy, and kudos to both of them going out there in diapers. 

Blair had me nervous, but I'm so glad her and Monique pulled through. Miss Vanjie. Miss Vanjie. Miss Vanjie is in my city tonight! I shouldn't go. I have to work tomorrow. I feel like now I must. MISS VANJIE. MISS VANJIE. Oh my god. I can't stop.

Also glad that Kameron got to speak with Shania despite being in the middle. I forgot how much I love that song. Let's go, girls.

• Love 11

I did enjoy Blair's "I'm his WIFE! Who are YOU?!" with the cactus, it was very true to Maury form. Mayhem was playing a bit too "eew pickles" and not enough "AAAAH PICKLES!" Vixen was worse, though. I'm sure she is being kept around for the drama. Aquaria had me laughing with the Valentina/Aja shade as a baby. Really enjoying the improv challenges lately, I hope they keep doing it. It's a great way to challenge the queens to think on their feet.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I thought the big sexy baby thing was kind of revolting. I did not enjoy that one bit and I"m mad Eureka won for that. Was that drag? Whole skit skeeved me out.  I thought Eureka's outift was butt ugly too. I didnt see denim or diamonds. Meh.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I did enjoy Blair's "I'm his WIFE! Who are YOU?!" with the cactus, it was very true to Maury form. Mayhem was playing a bit too "eew pickles" and not enough "AAAAH PICKLES!" Vixen was worse, though. I'm sure she is being kept around for the drama. Aquaria had me laughing with the Valentina/Aja shade as a baby. Really enjoying the improv challenges lately, I hope they keep doing it. It's a great way to challenge the queens to think on their feet.

I was expecting Miss Cracker to really be "Embrace the pickle! Feel the pickle! Lick the pickle!" but that didn't happen :(

25 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I thought the big sexy baby thing was kind of revolting. I did not enjoy that one bit

I didn't enjoy it one bit either.

1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

I thought the big sexy baby thing was kind of revolting. I did not enjoy that one bit and I"m mad Eureka won for that. Was that drag? Whole skit skeeved me out. 

1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

I didn't enjoy it one bit either.

I believe it was taking something that is both ludicrous and terrible to its ridiculous extreme to highlight how awful it is. Baby talk is a real thing. Sexy baby shtick is a real thing.

And this is some shit that a grown woman who is dating a multimillionaire tv and movie producer does at night before bed.

I think the point of the sexy baby skit was to be weirded out.

• Love 7
On 4/20/2018 at 1:56 PM, calpurnia99 said:

I know it is a real thing but I didn't find it entertaining.

Ross had me rolling with his "When did you start living as a sexy baby?"

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 7

Ross was gold, so in his element. I think when Ru and Michelle Visage both say Eureka was by far the funniest thing in the Bossy Rossy Show, then that's probably how it was. It was certainly the most fully rounded performance for me.

Mayhem seems like a lovely person, but I never quite saw the magic on the runway. I think this is such a good season that fairly good queens will be leaving from now on.

• Love 6

I'm waiting impatiently for Blair to break out and hit the top three. She's just gorgeous on the runway and I love her persona.

13 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I was expecting Miss Cracker to really be "Embrace the pickle! Feel the pickle! Lick the pickle!" but that didn't happen :(

That would've been hilarious!

• Love 4

This episode was a bit meh for me, which I think goes to show how strong this season is. None of the improv performances stood out in a really good or really bad way, and same for the runway. I'm fine with Eureka winning but with some editing manipulation and few different comments from the judges I'm sure someone else would have looked just as good.

There were two nice emotional moments in my opinion. When Eureka and The Vixen were talking at their stations I thought it was very mature and they were both showing their vulnerability, which was obviously tough for them. On Untucked I also really liked hearing Mayhem be so positive about the challenge, and Blair had a sweet comment on that where she thanked Mayhem for saying that it was the most fun she'd had because it made her realize that, too. Maybe the queens are just excellent actresses this season, but both of these just struck me as sincere, which is something that's been missing the last few seasons.

• Love 6

Somehow I feel like Miss Vanjie is going to get the biggest career boost from this season, especially in proportion to her amount of actual screentime.

I thought the Vixen's plan to roast Aquaria and Miz Cracker was delicious and I was here for it when they were planning it, but it was executed so poorly that the whole scene was cringeworthy. This challenge was kind of looking for escalated ridiculousness and I'm not sure enough of the pairs were throwing things out that could be built on by their partner. Even if Eureka/Aquaria's premise was one of the least appealing, they did the best in building up their narrative to something funny. Miz Cracker did some of that, too, but I don't think it seemed quite as naturally built.

I still don't really have a favorite this season yet.

• Love 3

I think Cracker’s performance was better.  Definitely more wit.

Maybe it’s because I haven’t seen Untucked in so long—there are only so many apps and whatnot I’m going to use for additional content—but they seem so much more supportive of each other this season.  When they fight, they seem to own their behavior.  Don’t get me wrong, I love shade as much as the next girl, but they seem good about resolving their issues.

• Love 4

For the second week in a row, I didn't get the judging at all.

Eureka wasn't the funniest, she was just the loudest. Cracker was a thousand times more clever.

And Mayhem had no business being in the bottom two. The Vixen, Monet and Asia were all significantly weaker than her. Mayhem and Cracker put together what was arguably the best sketch; that ought to count for something.

But Eureka and The Vixen both bring the drama, so of course the judges will give them far more credit than they deserve.

• Love 8
On 4/19/2018 at 9:37 PM, beartrash said:

Hmm I disagree, I always know who Ru is going to pick because it's the one you can't take your eyes off of.  I thought Monet was a riot because he was supposed to feel like a woman.  Mayhem phoned it in imo.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:37 PM, cyberfruit said:

I don't care what the judges say, I loved Mayhem's outfit. 

It was adorable, but if only she had let the denim show through.  It could have passed for taffeta.

• Love 3

Am I the only one struggling to differentiate between Monet, Monique, and Asia when they're in drag? They have such similar face shapes and makeup techniques, and even their shticks are similar....though outside of drag they're clearly 3 different people. Though I swear, if Bob the Drag Queen were to make a surprise cameo, I would just be confused forever and assume one queen had been cloned 3 times. Are we SURE Bob didn't come back for a second go around...?

I like Eureka in general, but this is probably the least funny she's been. I thought Miz Cracker seemed funnier in rehearsals and when she was talking about the performance, than the performance itself. I really thought she was going to whip out the Jewish NYC accent too. Disappointed. Still, she was the most fun to watch, and I LOVE her confessionals and ad libs on the runway. I don't normally like the weird queens, but I find her delightful. 

Aquaria can go yesterday. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sugar said:

Am I the only one struggling to differentiate between Monet, Monique, and Asia when they're in drag?

I think Asia looks quite different out of drag, but I had trouble with Monet/Monique at first because they both have big expressive eyes (although Monique's are more expressive). Agree that if Bob popped up I'd be calling her Monet and Monet Bob for all time, they sound identical and have a similar face in drag!

• Love 4