Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E08: Fear Keeps You Sharp

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Well, Chris's arrogance finally bit him in the butt. He really has no self-awareness. He thought he could just lead everyone down to the well like a pied piper and tell them all what to do. He just didn't get it. And his face during Tribal was everything. He was literally shocked that people were voting for him. He couldn't fathom it. I laughed so hard. I guess you're not so swa-vay after all. Or clutch. (wtf is "clutch?")

That vote was kind of all over the place. It seems like mostly everyone listened to Wendell/Dominick and voted out Chris, but there was that pack of 4 Naviti girls who wanted to target Libby. And two of them still did. But the others voted for Chris, including Kellyn. I was a bit surprised by that. Something must have gotten lost in translation. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Well, Chris's arrogance finally bit him in the butt. He really has no self-awareness. He thought he could just lead everyone down to the well like a pied piper and tell them all what to do. He just didn't get it. And his face during Tribal was everything. He was literally shocked that people were voting for him. He couldn't fathom it. I laughed so hard. I guess you're not so swa-vay after all. Or clutch. (wtf is "clutch?")

That vote was kind of all over the place. It seems like mostly everyone listened to Wendell/Dominick and voted out Chris, but there was that pack of 4 Naviti girls who wanted to target Libby. And two of them still did. But the others voted for Chris, including Kellyn. I was a bit surprised by that. Something must have gotten lost in translation. 

Clutch is someone who comes throw with the big play in a sport. Great defense or hitting the home run or striking out the batter or hitting the three point shot. Someone who comes through at the last minute and does something that rescues the situation. A real clutch player is known for doing it whenever it is needed, think Tom Brady or Michael Jordan. They are reliable, you can count on them when things are bad.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, vb68 said:

Plus the other fact that he couldn't even vote! Good God, if you can't vote, use your damn idol!

Cue JT, Erik, James, etc. laughing and saying "thank you dumbass!"! 

Right? I was quite surprised that Chris didn't pull out his Idol after Dom did. Now he knows Dom is safe. So if he still thinks they're vote splitting, he knows all the Dom votes are cancelled out. Leaving just the Wendell votes. He HAD to know that those two, at the very least, were going to write down his own name. He really is the epitome of arrogance if he didn't even consider that maybe ONE other person might write down his name. I mean, really. Use the freaking Idol! Especially after he JUST talked about how he wasn't going to be stupid like JT. 

10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Another stupid move by Mr. Suavee was not agreeing to bury the hatchet with Dom. He didn't need to honor the deal Wendell tried to broker, but he should have at least pretended to patch things up with Dom.  

EXACTLY! He had no social game at all. A good player tries to keep everyone on their good side. You don't just flat out say, "Nope, not entertaining anything you have to say." Just not depth or finesse to that guy's game whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I mean, I think it was an extremely bad call.  Chris is a moron.  He may be good at challenges, but he is an ultramaroon.  There is nothing threatening about him.  At all.  And everything he did today proved that.  Whereas Dom and Wendell are both extremely dangerous.  I basically like Dom and still love Wendell (they both talked way too much this episode, though) but they are definitely not the people I would keep over Chris. 

I tend to agree with this. And yea, Libby made the point that while both Dom and Chris are threats, Chris is so shallow, you always know where he stands. Dom is harder to trust, because he's SAVVY and sneaky. So yea, as a viewer, I was glad to see Chris go. But I don't know if it was the best game move for everyone else. The only real worry with Chris would be an Idol streak, but once they're post merge they do enough balance comps like last night, that a big, buff guy isn't always going to do well. 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

3) Dom and Wendell are playing that good a game. Neither of them got all that ruffled when Chris pulled the entire tribe, minus Dom and Wendell, to the watering hole. Wendell discussed voting out Chris while munching on an orange for gods sake. They didn't get overly hyper. Their approach was pretty chill. I think Dom took Donathon's advice to heart, like he should have.

Donathon is a lot more savvy than I gave him credit for on episode 1.  

• Love 20

I tend to agree with this. And yea, Libby made the point that while both Dom and Chris are threats, Chris is so shallow, you always know where he stands. Dom is harder to trust, because he's SAVVY and sneaky. So yea, as a viewer, I was glad to see Chris go. But I don't know if it was the best game move for everyone else. The only real worry with Chris would be an Idol streak, but once they're post merge they do enough balance comps like last night, that a big, buff guy isn't always going to do well. 

It could be that Libby floated the idea of Dom and not enough people were willing to flip. There was the question of Dom having an idol and split votes can be tricky. So others were probably willing to vote out Chris because it was the easier target.

It seems like Dom's fake idol is working out far better then he thought it would. I was surprised that no one said that the necklace Dom showed Chris was a fake and that Dom had told everyone that it was a fake. It clearly looked like a fake but in a season where sticks with a face are idols, and everyone knows past ridiculousness is being brought back into the game, the fake idol could very well be a real idol that used to be fake.

And the worst case scenario for Libby could have come to pass. If the four women had stayed together and the votes had been split, Libby would have gone home.

• Love 5

At last the merge and this whole Dom v Chris feud which they wasted lots of time on in the early episodes is over.  The edit made it very obvious that Chris wasn't going to last long anyway, and I found it quite tiresome seeing all these montages about him.  And not seeing idols played is kind of boring normally.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LanceM said:

So what happened to Bradley? I am finding it hilarious that they showed nobody mentioning he was gone. lol

What I wanted more than anything on this episode was Kellyn's reaction to Bradley's exit.  If she showed any reaction or said something about it, I completely missed it.

I wasn't paying attention when I heard the phrase, "Miss Kellyn has won immunity."  I assumed someone else other than Kellyn was speaking.  When I looked up and saw that she was referring to herself in the third person with the added fluff of "Miss," I rolled my eyes so hard I think I broke them.  What a princess.  Please follow Chris to Ponderosa soon where you can both fight for mirror time.

10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I don't know what was funnier, Dom calling Jeff 'Jeffrey' or Chris calling him 'Probst'. Jeff had kind of an FU look on his face. 

That ticked me off but good.  Two self-important, pseudo-alpha-male newbies calling him anything other than "Jeff" is a big NOPE.  Courtney Yates gets away with it because Jeff had been giving her crap for weighing 50 pounds and mocking her lack of ability to do anything in challenges.  She gave it right back to him and it was magical.  Dom repeatedly calling him "Jeffrey" in the middle of his ridiculous, multi-chapter storytime at Tribal was over the top, and I honestly thought that the longer he babbled the more votes were going to come his way.  And Chris calling him Probst?  Go away, you non-talented, blowhard loser.  Please don't come back, but please do sit by the phone composing love-raps while waiting for Probst to call you.

I loved this episode so much.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

If people are going to stick with Dom, and not just for the one vote, Libby is absolutely in danger because now that Chris is gone, Dom is going to turn his sights on “the devil.”

Also Jenna interviewing how her subgroup of three has all the power in a group of thirteen made me laugh.

Haha.  Who is Jenna.  Being for real.  (Edited:  I will predict that she is the blonde person who was flirting with Sebastian earlier.)

I wonder if the "Well Group of 11" were sick of seeing Chris in his underwear.  I know I was.

Personally I've liked Dom more and more with each episode.  Wendell so far can do no wrong.  I love him casually approaching the Well Group of 11 and being like "I know that you're thinking of putting our names down" and then an awkward pause and then Sebastian finally coughing up "It's a possibility."

@ProfCrash really enjoyed your post

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Haha.  Who is Jenna.  Being for real.  (Edited:  I will predict that she is the blonde person who was flirting with Sebastian earlier.)

I wonder if the "Well Group of 11" were sick of seeing Chris in his underwear.  I know I was.

You're right, that's Jenna.

The only person not tired of seeing Chris in his undies was Chris.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I guess you're not so swa-vay after all. Or clutch. (wtf is "clutch?")

In baseball it's used for players or especially hitters who make a hit when it's most needed.  Like the score is 4-3 for the other team and you somehow get a hit and bring in two runs for your side, so you're up 5-4.  It kind of makes sense for Chris because he'd do a good job in the Immunity Challenges.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Nice try, those of you insisting someone named Jenna is on this season!  (Are you sure you aren't thinking of Chelsea?  I believe there's a Chelsea.)

I know my dear little Donathan won't win, but I'm so happy that he's still there and doing pretty well for himself.  Kudos, my fellow hillbilly!

Also, I love Wendell.  As someone mentioned earlier, I like that when he said Chris was garbage, he clarified that he meant at rapping.  I don't know if I would have been so magnanimous lol

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

It clearly looked like a fake but in a season where sticks with a face are idols, and everyone knows past ridiculousness is being brought back into the game, the fake idol could very well be a real idol that used to be fake.

I love that this sentence makes perfect sense.

Also “Sticks With a Face” is going to be the first single for my new garage band, which will be called Swavay.

• Love 22
Just now, mojoween said:

I love that this sentence makes perfect sense.

Also “Sticks With a Face” is going to be the first single for my new garage band, which will be called Swavay.

I was worried that the sentence made no sense and was poorly structured but after re-reading it a couple of times I went, what the heck.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

3) Dom and Wendell are playing that good a game. Neither of them got all that ruffled when Chris pulled the entire tribe, minus Dom and Wendell, to the watering hole. Wendell discussed voting out Chris while munching on an orange for gods sake. They didn't get overly hyper. Their approach was pretty chill. I think Dom took Donathon's advice to heart, like he should have.

Regarding your last sentence, I'm surprised not much has been said about that moment. It was brief but very interesting in my opinion. Donathan's response to Dominick to not go to Libby and Jenna at all, especially Libby, because she'd just puff him up, was very telling.

But as I thought about it, I realize it's not so surprising that Donathan is of the "don't trust Libby" camp because it was clear at the start of the season that he didn't have strong bonds with his original tribe, except for maybe Laurel. The first swap was a godsend for Donathan.

I think he bonded well with Dom and Wendell and I don't see him siding with Libby, Jenna and Michael against them, unless maybe Laurel convinces him it's a good idea. So right now I think the lines may be Dom/Donathan/Wendell/Laurel and Libby/Jenna/Michael and Des/Kelly/Andrea[?]. I believe a few of those have decent bonds with others and so some manoevering of alliance lines can happen.

Oh and I too had no clue who the hell Jenna was. When Libby sat on the beach talking to her, I kept struggling to remember who the hell she was. Then I remembered that she was the one who talked about her resting bitch face but still couldn't remember her name. I did wonder what the hell she was talking about with their having "all the power" now. So yeah, she's clearly never watched this show because swing voters often get blindsided and booted out. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

I don't know how you all could forget Jenna!  She was the one who asked Sebastian to smell her hair.  He, visibly recoiling, replied that it smelled like dead weasel and then he licked his own shoulder.  That was hands-down the most awkward exchange I have ever seen between two people playing this game, in the history of ever.

• Love 23

One of my favorite things on this show is sending cocky players home with an idol in their pocket.  I even like it when they are not so cocky.  It's just good Survivor entertainment.  

Another favorite thing is when people are able to keep their mouths shut, and to not share information with people who don't need to know.  I don't think anyone knew Dom had a real idol in his possession did they?    That is so rare, that people can keep it to themselves.  It must be hard to do, because I think most of us, who watch the show, see the advantage of keeping an HII to yourself.  There might be a reason to share it with another person, but because you never really know who you  can trust, it's best to keep that kind of stuff to yourself.  

Also Donathan's advice to not share their plan with Libby and Jenna ( I think that's who it was) was nice to see.  The more people you tell, the more likely it is, your plan will blow up.  Sometimes the plan blows up, not because someone wanted it to, but simply because someone said more than they needed to, to the wrong person.  

I know that there are no hard and fast rules for playing this game, aside from the ones production has set, but generally, I think it helps to be subtle, and keep your cards close to your vest at all times.  I think it's one of those things that easy to say and hard to do, because watching this show over the years, so many times I have thought that people needed to just shut up about their strategy.    The best players are the ones who are able to pull people in to work for them, but not give away the whole plan.  

So anyway, I enjoyed the show last night and was very happy to see Chris go.  And we still might be entertained by him because he is the first member of the jury, right?  

Edited by mishap
  • Love 7

I don't even smoke and I need a cigarette after that.

12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Man those players must have really played Chris well for him to have been that confident as to not even play the idol, despite knowing Dom was gunning for him. Or he was just that much of an over confident tool. Yeah I’ll go with the latter.

Over confident tool is the tip of the iceberg.  The cringeworthy rapping, the dragging of everyone except Wendell and Dom to the well--I just can't with this dude.  When Sebastian was talking about first impressions on his fishing charter, "This guy is a douche..." I was thinking that he was directly referencing Chris.  Chris is Lord of the Douches.

Much love to Ms Blue Jay for the Wendell transcript.  I have already decided that I'm saving this episode in my DVR forever and ever just so I can watch Wendell whenever I'm feeling low.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, mishap said:

One of my favorite things on this show is sending cocky players home with an idol in their pocket.  I even like it when they are not so cocky.  It's just good Survivor entertainment.  

Another favorite thing is when people are able to keep their mouths shut, and to not share information with people who don't need to know.  I don't think anyone knew Dom had a real idol in his possession did they?    That is so rare, that people can keep it to themselves.  It must be hard to do, because I think most of us, who watch the show, see the advantage of keeping an HII to yourself.  There might be a reason to share it with another person, but because you never really know who you  can trust, it's best to keep that kind of stuff to yourself.  

Also Donathan's advice to not share their plan with Libby and Jenna ( I think that's who it was) was nice to see.  The more people you tell, the more likely it is, your plan will blow up.  Sometimes the plan blows up, not because someone wanted it to, but simply because someone said more than they needed to, to the wrong person.  

I know that there are no hard and fast rules for playing this game, aside from the ones production has set, but generally, I think it helps to be subtle, and keep your cards close to your vest at all times.  I think it's one of those things that easy to say and hard to do, because watching this show over the years, so many times I have thought that people needed to just shut up about their strategy.    The best players are the ones who are able to pull people in to work for them, but not give away the whole plan.  

So anyway, I enjoyed the show last night and was very happy to see Chris go.  And we still might be entertained by him because he is the first member of the jury, right?  

I kind of agree about Dom but not really. I don't know that anyone knows that Dom has a real idol but his fake idol is being treated as a real idol, which means that he has pretty much told them he has a real idol even while showing them the fake idol. His problem is that he showed Chris the note for the real idol and Chris shared that info with people. Dom can tell everyone that the shell on a string is a fake idol that he made to dup Chris, but he still some how or another got a hold of a note regarding a real idol that he included in his fake idol for Chris. I don't think for a second that anyone thinks the shell on a string is a real idol but they know Dom has a real idol.

Dom benefits from the theme of the season because old artifacts are being reintroduced which allows for the possibility of something stupid being something powerful, see the stick with a face on it. So fake idols can be real idols. If people do not watch the show all that closely they are not going to know that most of the fake idols had more then a shell on a string, but included beads and other things pulled off of flags, reward baskets and the like. They did not watch last season before playing so that they do not realize that a rock on a string was an actual idol when joined together but this years idols are in a weird place so it can make people think something fake is real. Dom would be in a better place if Michael had played the fucking stick because it would actually make it look like Dom's shell on a string might be the real thing.

While Dom has kept his real idol mostly quiet, I think he did tell someone but I can't remember who, he did keep the advantage quiet, no one expected that tonight. Wendell was smart to tell Dom about his idol. I think it knowing that Wendell was safe kept Dom from going off the rails. I wonder if anyone else caught how comfortable Wendell was and realized that he might have an idol. I know Wendell has been chill all game but this idea that he was calmly discussing voting out Chris when Wendell knew he was a target should have tipped people off.

I did love that brief Donathon conversation. I like that Donathon was clearly excited to pass the info on to Dom and Wendell. I like that when Dom said he needed to go and talk to Libby and Jenna, Don said don't. I really like that Dom listened to Don. Dom even commented that it is hard to know who to trust while trusting Don. I think it speaks volumes about how strong that alliance is. Dom did not seem to question Don's comment and simply listened to him.

As for enjoying Chris on the Jury, at least he cannot rap. Personally I dread his final tribal council question because I suspect it is going to be a rap. And that is going to be painful.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But Chris looked so shocked and humbled at the vote that I actually felt bad for him. At least until I saw this.

So this?  Is making me think that maybe, just maybe, Chris has acquired a smidgen of self-awareness.  No more than a smidgen, though.  

Very much in the vein of the tremendous Stepbrothers "Boats and Hoes."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Xcptnl said:

Donathon is a lot more savvy than I gave him credit for on episode 1.  

Indeed. I loved how he was immediately like, "Don't tell them. They're just telling you what you want to hear." He's actually perfect for doing intel like that; he's likeable and unassuming. I'd wager a lot gets said around him. 

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

In baseball it's used for players or especially hitters who make a hit when it's most needed.  Like the score is 4-3 for the other team and you somehow get a hit and bring in two runs for your side, so you're up 5-4.  It kind of makes sense for Chris because he'd do a good job in the Immunity Challenges.

Ahhhh, okay. Thank you! I loathe baseball, so it makes sense that I didn't know that term. I was thinking it was some trendy new word that I hadn't heard yet. It made me think of Gretchen Weiner trying to make "fetch" happen. 

• Love 8

When I realized, early in the episode, that the editors were going to thoroughly mock Chris in all kinds of THs and crosscuts with others' reactions, before seeing his ass voted off in humiliating fashion, I was almost literally rubbing my hands in glee.

I like to play this game in the individual challenges, where I try to predict who will win from the very first moments of the challenge.  This works best in endurance challenges when you can often tell right away who is set up right and who is already hanging on for dear life.  I was SO sure that Chelsea was going to win this one until she dropped out -- she was like a statue.  And then to have daffy duck Kellyn actually win it.  Argh!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, mishap said:

I don't like to see too many idols wasted as they are meant to be played.  In this case I'm tired of this Chris v Domenic thing we've been fed since episode one, and the stupid Chris montages were over done as well.  But normally I want idols played.  It feels like now they are finally merged and the Chris v Dom thing is ended we can finally move on with the show.

• Love 1

If Dom follows Chris out the door next week, that means the Legacy Advantage truly is cursed.  So the next player who gets it, will probably set it and the person holding it on fire, just to be safe.

• Love 2

Kellyn is kind of like Chrissy last season.  I should like her well enough - she's a woman, with a good head on her shoulders (I know, not amazing reasons, but I do root for the women on Survivor since it seems so skewed towards males so much of the time).  But I disliked Chrissy heartily, and dislike Kellyn as well.

Agree with the previous posters that it was strange there was no mention at all of Bradley's ouster -- someone, like Kellyn, has to have had some kind of reaction.  And it could've been a good argument for Chris that Dom wasn't keeping "Naviti strong" and therefore was trouble (except that Chelsea was with Dom, of course).

I was surprised that Donathan went straight to Dom after the 11-person communion at the well.  They had shown that scene of Donathan and Chris "bonding" over taking care of their mothers, to suggest that Donathan might have some loyalty to Chris -- but apparently not.

I joined some others in being annoyed at the level to which Dom and Chris made this next vote so personal and about them, but it was entertaining TV, so that's a plus.  That, along with last week's Bradley vote-out, were much more storyline-based than strategy-based, especially considering there was some background story about Bradley's vote out that didn't get shown in the episode.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Probably if the vote was based on a strategy reason than just being annoyed at a person, it should be portrayed that way; but you can't argue that it still remains an entertaining hour of TV.

Also, I land on the Dom-Wendell side of the fence, but I thought both of them were playing to the cameras a bit too much.  Dom's yelling of "Chris Noble" made me laugh, but seemed like such a clear throwback to Crystal's vote of Randy and a deliberate move (whereas when Crystal voted for Randy, I think it came from a genuine place of emotion).  And, I agree that Wendell's comments on Chris rapping were funny and extremely well-timed, but that also felt scripted to me, like he'd been thinking all afternoon about the best way to insult Chris in this little video clip.  Kind of in line with my comment above about the show focusing more on the easy viewing, entertainment aspect rather than the perhaps more complicated strategic aspects.

• Love 7

Personally, I think Kellyn or Wendell have the winner edit. I could see Dom in the finals but not necessarily winning. Michael only real story is that he is 18. He has found idols and survived the Mololo curse but in the end I think he's more of a jury person. That said, I could be totally wrong. It could be Libby, Chelsea & Jenna in the finals for all I know. LOL!!! Great episode last nights and it's why I will always continue to watch Survivor.

• Love 3

I was surprised that Donathan went straight to Dom after the 11-person communion at the well.  They had shown that scene of Donathan and Chris "bonding" over taking care of their mothers, to suggest that Donathan might have some loyalty to Chris -- but apparently not.

I did not see that scene as them bonding. I saw that scene as Chris trying to bond but discussing only his issues and his Mom and not being very sympathetic to Donathon. I never got the feeling that Donathon felt all that much closer to Chris after that conversation.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Chris was like the Michael Scott of Survivor.  Whoever cast him should get a bonus.  

But Michael Scott was lovable! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SHD said:

Has anyone this season used an advantage/idol correctly?

I thought Dom did. He could play the advantage at 13 or 6. He knew his name was in discussion tonight so he played the advantage just in case his plan fell through. I thought that was a good use of the advantage. And he preserves his real idol and his fake idol. Who knows, by the end of this season his fake idol might be a real idol with super powers....

• Love 17

Of the many excellent things that happened in this episode, my favorite was Michael at the watering hole meeting saying nothing and probably thinking, "don't notice me don't notice me don't notice me."

3 hours ago, Josette said:

Chris the Rapper is just a Gerardo fan, of course.

I was just going to post that! I'm surprised that Chris gets so much shit for pronouncing it suavay, since he's clearly thinking he's Rico Suave when he says it. He's such an egotistical bonehead, but in an endearing way so I'm going to miss him and his trash raps and his comical lack of self-awareness. I also liked how he and Dom hugged it out at TC. Losing graciously and understanding it's just a game are always worth a few points in my book.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Haha.  Who is Jenna.  Being for real. 

She's the one who's not Libby, but beyond that? No idea. When they were talking at the beach, I genuinely couldn't remember which one was which.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ProfCrash said:

I thought Dom did. He could play the advantage at 13 or 6. He knew his name was in discussion tonight so he played the advantage just in case his plan fell through. I thought that was a good use of the advantage. And he preserves his real idol and his fake idol. Who knows, by the end of this season his fake idol might be a real idol with super powers....

He played it at a good time, but it looked like he didn't get any votes, so it was wasted.  I agree with his choice of when to play it, but it ended up being pointless.  But you're right, he did play it at a logical time.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SHD said:

He played it at a good time, but it looked like he didn't get any votes, so it was wasted.  I agree with his choice of when to play it, but it ended up being pointless.  But you're right, he did play it at a logical time.

Especially when you factor that he does have another idol.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

She's the one who's not Libby, but beyond that? No idea. When they were talking at the beach, I genuinely couldn't remember which one was which.

Wait, there's a Jenna?  I really have to pay more attention.  I just looked her up and I still don't remember her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Personally I've liked Dom more and more with each episode.  Wendell so far can do no wrong.  I love him casually approaching the Well Group of 11 and being like "I know that you're thinking of putting our names down" and then an awkward pause and then Sebastian finally coughing up "It's a possibility."

No, no, no!  Chris was eye candy for me.  If only he hadn't spoken, sigh.

Edited by neh
Spelling
54 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If Dom follows Chris out the door next week, that means the Legacy Advantage truly is cursed.  So the next player who gets it, will probably set it and the person holding it on fire, just to be safe.

He wouldn't have been able to play it next week.  It has to be played during the final 13 or the final 6.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wasn't....eye candy. Ack, my husband says I being sexist!

13 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

He wouldn't have been able to play it next week.  It has to be played during the final 13 or the final 6.  

No I know that, it’s that the LA tarnishes everyone who touches it.  

• Love 1

Future seasons.  Provided the next group of contestants watched prior seasons.

And this season is so crazy, who knows if the producers will put it back into play for six people remaining?

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Of the many excellent things that happened in this episode, my favorite was Michael at the watering hole meeting saying nothing and probably thinking, "don't notice me don't notice me don't notice me."

Michael's face every time he was shown was great. It looked a bit more depression-y to me lol, but 'don't notice me' makes more sense. Whatever it was, it was a great moment in an ep full of great moments.

This season is SO good! Although I was sad to lose either of Chris or Dom because I think they're both great characters. Honestly though I preferred Chris so I was kinda hoping he'd win out. Or that they'd both play their idols. But then Libby would've went, which would've also sucked for me.

I think these people will end up regretting this decision. Dom (and Wendell) is like 5 million times more of a threat than Chris. Chris had no chance of winning. And he was a stupid fool! Dom (and Wendell) is much smarter and much, much more likable out there. 

My fave part of this ep was actually Laurel busting out laughing and then covering her face during Chris' Dwayne Wade rap. Amazing! But Wendell's vote gave that moment a run for it's money. The delivery was perfect.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

two weeks in a row with an ending I didn't dare hope for. Good game or not for the rest of the contestants, it was wonderful to see another annoying player leave. Wendell's vote speech was so awesome. My youngest was watching with me (for the first time) and I had to explain you don't normally get to see awesome speeches like that.

I was glad they didn't get Libby but was surprised that Kellyn didn't vote for her since she once again sounded obsessed with voting out people from the other tribe for some unknown reason.

• Love 5

This season is different for me.  The team switches early on took me out of the game, keeping me confused as to the who's who on everything.  I am enjoying this new perspective.  Wendell for the win!  Dom and Donathan would please me as well.  The women are faceless creatures who move around the camp from time to time. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Finally, I wonder if there will be any explanation for why Angela and Desiree voted for Libby while Kellyn and Chelsea voted for Chris

They showed Angela, Desiree, Chelsea and Laurel discussing voting out Libby while Dom and Chris were trying to vote each other out. Angela and Desire saw Libby as a threat and wanted her out and were hoping that the Dom/Wendell vote for Chris and the Chris, Donathon, Michael, Sebastian votes for Dom and Wendell would lead to Libby going home. They had a conversation at the water hole.

I remember the conversation. However, it doesn't explain why only two of them decided to vote for Libby while the other two voted with the majority for Chris. @Haleth suggested that it was in case of idol bounce-back, which is as good a guess as any, but I'm surprised that we didn't see a confessional with Kellyn explaining this. Libby wasn't expecting to get any votes at Tribal Council, and while she may blame one of the votes she got on Chris (it doesn't seem like anyone knew he didn't have a vote), she has to be wondering who cast the second vote for her and how she came to be the target over Domenick or Wendell, who each got no votes. In fact, if everyone assumes that Chris voted, the people who aren't Kellyn, Desiree, Chelsea, or Angela have to be wondering why Chris apparently changed his target from Domenick/Wendell to Libby and only told one other person.

On an unrelated note, the new tribe, "Lavita" is an excellent demonstration to me of how I read words by shape, instead of by individual letters. Every time I saw the name, I wondered why they had named their tribe after the Baltic country, Latvia.

• Love 9

I think a lot of us tend to think of other people and situations as they relate to us, not as separate and apart from us. That's human nature. But most of us are aware that even though we think of things from that perspective, that's not really the way it is. I don't think Chris has that awareness. He did make us laugh quite a bit though. I'll miss that.

• Love 2

Two straight weeks of douche-bouncing is almost enough to make me want a cigarette after three years quit. 

Chris was the right vote. Dude avoided TC until the merge because his team never lost. Even though not all the IICs favor his talents, how many times have we cringed at merged tribes not taking out the Big Dude Who Wins All The Challenges when they had the chance? Annoying + dumb might be a good reason to keep someone around, but annoying + dumb + challenge beast is too risky. PLUS his complete and total mismanagement of the Dom/Wendell olive branch. Annoying + dumb + challenge beast + loose cannon. I wouldn't want him around. Thank goodness he was too stupid to play his idol.

If Michael could have walked around with a bush covering him, he would have. I imagine how he must've felt watching it and seeing himself invisible after how long? Three or four TCs? on the hot plate (tm Dom). 

Donathan continues to quietly impress. I have no doubt that he'll hold his own in many IICs, and I'mma call it now that he wins at least one. Laurel is also killing it. She's everywhere and her name hasn't been mentioned in any of her tribes. 

Great merge 9/10 would watch again.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Hera said:

On an unrelated note, the new tribe, "Lavita" is an excellent demonstration to me of how I read words by shape, instead of by individual letters. Every time I saw the name, I wondered why they had named their tribe after the Baltic country, Latvia.

Livin' Lavita Loca  (LOL)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7