Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E08: Fear Keeps You Sharp

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

The problem with Chris is that he was a good ally as long as you did what he wanted you to do. Chris was a dictator, that is why Wendell emphasized that Chris needs to stop using the word I and learn to listen to people. So you would have someone who is loyal, can't lie, a challenge beast and who has to make all the decisions. And then there is the bad rapping...

This is true. But given his lack of depth, I think you might be able to finesse Chris. Dom and Wendell approached him head on. That didn't work. If you were able to play Chris in a way where you got him to do what you wanted, but he thought it was HIS idea, I think he'd be a lot more malleable than Dom. It would just take a SWA-VAY person to handle him just right. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, survivinmt said:

The rapping on Ponderosa - I had to stop as I felt my brain slipping away.

I thought it was just me. I honestly tried to watch. Even turned up the sound. Still couldn't stand to watch or listen more than 30 seconds. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, green said:

Who were the two Chris loyalists that dutifully voted for Wendell?

No one voted for Wendell. Des and Angela voted for Libby. Chelsea/Kellyn/Des/Angela (the original Naviti women) were shown discussing voting against Libby and likely decided to have 2 of them do it in order to avoid blow back on any of them if Chris, Dom, and Wendell had all played idols.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, green said:

I'm with many of you not being able to tell any of the Coven of the Blondes apart.  There must be some male casting agent fixated on always casting these endless stream of blonde 20-something young women every year.  This season he went even further overboard and is now totally out of control.

There are only two young blondes, though.  Assuming Angela’s too old and Kellyn too brunette/quirky, that is.  There are also two black women.  

Hey, all the black players made the merge.     And 7 of 10 women.  Nice to not have the barrage of sexism/racism posts this year.  

Edited by Guest
13 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I know Michael said he was lying about his age, I don't remember Angela saying that she was lying but I could have missed that statement.

Hmmm... I've gone looking and I can't find it either. Maybe it was just spec that because she looked much younger in her photo above that she could do it to avoid the Mom label. 

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously. This is horrible and shallow but he is just off looking. Also, he truly seems medicated in some way and it makes me feel weird. It's like half funny and half unsettling.

This. Something about him is just off. On a VERY shallow level I think part of it is his eyebrows - they seem oddly plucked (and more oddly, they seem MORE plucked on the island than they do in his publicity shots). But it's also everything else. He's difficult to look at. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2018 at 10:47 PM, LordBowen said:

Michael reminds me of Chris Pratt.  A bit in appearance, but more so in mannerisms and facial expressions. (I've been calling him StarLad.)

That's it!  At first I was like, "No...." but then I saw the Michelob Ultra commercial Chris Pratt is in and then I saw it.  Thanks!

• Love 1

I’ve wateched the rap video several times because it’s hysterical. I don’t even listen to “straight” rap because I think it’s junk and can barely hear what they’re saying. Anyway, Chris’s video is so over the top cheesy that you have to laugh. That said, I’m not sure Chris was in on the joke at the time. Now, he has the whole picture with the edit of him on Survivor and the reaction of people hearing him stay all the stupid stuff that he had no ideas were stupid. I think he’s still going along with it (the joke) but I don’t think he would ever admit publicly that he had no idea that he’s been like this his all life and didn’t realize it. 

I must say I don’t get the Kellyn hate. Is it because she acts goofy? She doesn’t bother me. I’ve had stronger reaction of people of the woman who are useless or bitchy. The only thing I could find wrong with Kellyn is if she really is involved with Bradley in real life. Now, that’s unforgivable. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, green said:

I'm with many of you not being able to tell any of the Coven of the Blondes apart.

There is a Jenna, right?  Or did she get voted out?  There were two blonds talking about how they had a lot of power.  One was Libby and I thought the other was Jenna.  Or was that Kellyn?

I probably wouldn't like Des IRL but she's playing the game.  Moreso than Libby or Kellyn.  (Or Jenna?  LOL)  I have to respect that.  Lauren and Chelsea are playing a more subtle game but it may not be enough (yet) to win.

I don't know if I can point to a specific reason I don't like Kellyn. Referring to herself in the third person is certainly one of them. There's the whole golly gee, little me shtick. She comes across a bit "Hall Monitor" to me, but I'm not sure why and that might not be fair.  In general, to me, she just bugs. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, greyflannel said:

I don't know if I can point to a specific reason I don't like Kellyn. Referring to herself in the third person is certainly one of them. There's the whole golly gee, little me shtick. She comes across a bit "Hall Monitor" to me, but I'm not sure why and that might not be fair.  In general, to me, she just bugs. 

I do see where the golly gee stuff would grate. She’s too old for it but she’s only in her 20’s. If she’s like this in her 50’s I’m going to tell her to knowck it off. 

Random piece of news. Chris Noble has made his way to NYC and is hanging out with Andrea Boehlke. They were at a bar and walking the streets rapping. It seemed harmless enough. I thought he lived in Florida full time but I'm guessing he lives in NYC for the modeling gigs. You might as well jump on the Reality meal train while you can, right? LOL!!!

• Love 1
On 4/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, peachmangosteen said:

No one voted for Wendell. Des and Angela voted for Libby. Chelsea/Kellyn/Des/Angela (the original Naviti women) were shown discussing voting against Libby and likely decided to have 2 of them do it in order to avoid blow back on any of them if Chris, Dom, and Wendell had all played idols.

Thanks.  Man how did I hallucinate two votes for Wendell.  I knew Libby had two but thought Wendell did as well.  Glad to hear I was totally wrong about that.

So that means 100% of them were for getting Chris out.  Makes it even better.  Thanks for the info.

• Love 1
On 2018-04-11 at 9:01 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Great episode tonight! I was so busy wondering if Dom would play his idol, I completely forgot he had the LA as well. Chris was so annoying, I really wanted him gone but then he'd bust out those ridiculous raps and tells us how swa-vay he was, and I wanted him to stick around forever, purely for my own entertainment. I'd also really love to know how he managed to sneak away for hours to go to GI and nobody noticed. Did they roofie them all asleep or something? In the Dom vs Chris war though, I'm definitely Team Dom. He doesn't bother me at all, to be honest. Plus, I really like the Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan alliance. If only they could somehow add Michael, it would be perfect.

And some news from over here in the shallow end of the pool, Wendell is beautiful. (Also, his goodbye message when voting...LMAO!)

I am so happy that we get TWO pieces of eye candy to drool over this season - Michael and Wendell. I can't believe that I initially focused my attention on James! Once he grew that silly moustache, I was over him. And I agree, I love the DWLD alliance, and would be ecstatic to have Michael join them, but I don't think it's likely. They view him as too much of a threat.

On 2018-04-11 at 9:04 PM, Haleth said:

I was hoping there would be 3 idols played by the guys, only to find out all the women voted for Libby.  That would have been spectacular.

Wendell was hilarious when he was showing his vote.  Chris is a dumbass.

It finally occured to me who Chelsea reminds me of -- Sophie Turner.

I was fully expecting Libby to go, as I thought Dom, Wendell and Chris would all be putting idols out there. Pleasantly surprised to see Chris go, finally! Two in a row! Whooo. I may actually LIKE the actual winner.

On 2018-04-11 at 9:13 PM, wallflower75 said:

I'm still trying to figure out who Michael reminds me of.

How did I miss that Chris had never been to a tribal council?  Oh, the irony--he avoided it all that time and got voted out at his first one.  Bwahahahaha!!!!  And so J.T.'s idol remains cursed.  What an idiot.  Knowing that Dom and Wendell were gunning for you, you take a chance that your plan will work?  No.  You play it to be absolutely certain you're around another three days.  Especially after Dom played his!!!

And I seriously loved Wendell's vote.  Just when you thought he was done...nope, here's a little bit more!!

I don't know anyone that reminds me of Michael, he is absolutely gorgeous. Especially if you look at those full body shots. Yowsa.

On 2018-04-11 at 11:25 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sebastian looks like this.  He doesn't talk much, and he's weird.  We've decided to be somewhat charmed by it.

ca40ed9f195781ab_svr_snoel_800x1000.jpg

Also, apropos of nothing, Chris randomly brought up Dwyane Wade, and then he said "Yeah, I'm like Dwyane Wade. Started from the bottom, now I'm here."  I don't know much about basketball, but that's a Drake song, not a basketball reference, so I don't get if his reference made any sense whatsoever.  At that point I was ready for him to go.

I had forgotten that Sebastian actually looked good at the beginning of the season. His hair now remind me of Michonne's dreads - or even Darryl's hair after several years of no showers. (The Walking Dead reference}

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news/1008448/survivor-s-chris-noble-explains-the-adorable-origin-behind-his-raps/  Still deluded as ever, and referring to himself in the third person. Apparently thinks everyone but Wendell "loves" his raps. If you go read the interview, you get to enjoy this great photo.

image.thumb.png.3b0f69b3675027b7fd0430ae14befec2.png

• Love 3
21 hours ago, greyflannel said:

I think she's arrogant, but likes to play humble. And she enjoys the sound of her own voice too much. She's not horrible, as far as Survivor contestants go. Far from it. But I do find her annoying. 

• Love 7

The only confessional I can remember with Seabastian is the one where that girl was trying to get him to smell her hair.   And that wasn't even a confessional.   

I always find it bit jarring when he appears and talks on screen.   

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
On 4/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, truthaboutluv said:

So right now I think the lines may be Dom/Donathan/Wendell/Laurel and Libby/Jenna/Michael and Des/Kelly/Andrea[?]. I believe a few of those have decent bonds with others and so some manoevering of alliance lines can happen.

Quoting myself because I only just realized that I completely forgot Sebastian and Chelsea. With Chelsea, it’s more so a case that I’m not sure where exactly she falls in alliance lines. I literally just forgot that Sebastian even existed.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:54 PM, Charlesman said:

can't picture anyone having any agenda other than the one he has

THIS. Seriously, I think Chris thought everyone else was there just to sacrifice themselves so he could win the million.

• Love 4
On 4/12/2018 at 6:46 AM, ProfCrash said:

And then I listened to his rap at Ponderosa and I started to understand why they would vote him out. There is no way in hell I would want to live with someone who rapped that badly and thought it was gold. I mean, it would be like living with a delusional Vanilla Ice. Well, a more delusional Vanilla Ice. I couldn't do it. Just no. Absolutely not. I think it would be easier to live with Bradley then Chris. Worse yet, Chris seems to be legitimately like that. I don't get the Coach vibe from Chris, that he is playing some ridiculous character who thinks he is all that. I think this is actually who Chris is and oh my god is he annoying. Just so, so wrong.

That video, my god. He was posing like a Sears catalog model too. I would've done a Cher "Snap outta it!" Moonstruck-slap to him.

• Love 2
On 2018-04-14 at 4:47 PM, greyflannel said:
On 2018-04-12 at 6:53 PM, shelley1234 said:

While I will miss gazing at Chris' abs, I won't miss him thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread and the stupid things he says.  He had an idol for only two weeks and he knew it was a show down between himself and Dom and he didn't play it.  He's dumb.  Stupid dumb. 

Wendell's speech makes me a fan and now I want him to win it all. 

Can't stand Dom though.  The ladies should band together and send him packing.  

Chris has abs? I hadn't noticed. I don't find him attractive at all, face, personality or body. Why don't you check out Michael? He has awesome abss Although I am a little mortified that I am impressed so much by an 18-year-old!

On 2018-04-13 at 3:35 PM, ghoulina said:

This is true. But given his lack of depth, I think you might be able to finesse Chris. Dom and Wendell approached him head on. That didn't work. If you were able to play Chris in a way where you got him to do what you wanted, but he thought it was HIS idea, I think he'd be a lot more malleable than Dom. It would just take a SWA-VAY person to handle him just right. 

Like Boston Rob? He was a master of that, as long as he could keep his arrogance hidden.

21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Just in case anyone needs a running tally of where we are:

7E7D91E3-F3F8-4337-B455-A2A7E57B9BCD.jpeg

Does Des have a crown because you are betting on her to win? I certainly hope not. Pawing thru that bag and her screeching as Maze & Puzzle Master turned me off her completely.

I think I really dislike Kellyn the most because she kept going on and on about "Naviti Strong," Idiot.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

Does Des have a crown because you are betting on her to win? I certainly hope not. Pawing thru that bag and her screeching as Maze & Puzzle Master turned me off her completely.

I think I really dislike Kellyn the most because she kept going on and on about "Naviti Strong," Idiot.

I have no idea why there is a crown. I got this somewhere but don’t recall where. Oddly enough, I didn’t notice the crown until several weeks in. I’m a Survivor geek and have been doing “check off’s charts” for years. It keeps me sane in my otherwise uneventful life. LOL!!! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I have no idea why there is a crown. I got this somewhere but don’t recall where. Oddly enough, I didn’t notice the crown until several weeks in. I’m a Survivor geek and have been doing “check off’s charts” for years. It keeps me sane in my otherwise uneventful life. LOL!!! 

I was looking at the picture and said, “why does she have a queen hat on?”

i have no idea where that came from!

On 4/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, PaperTree said:

Chris takes the gang to the well.  "What could possibly go wrong?"

The moment Chris tried or orchestrate a vote plan with EVERYBODY ALL AT ONCE (except his intended targets, of course), I knew he was toast.  When has such an attempt ever NOT gotten someone evicted?  Bonehead.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:54 PM, Charlesman said:

Viewed through that POV, what Chris did makes perfect sense (to him). He's in his own fantasyland where he's the hero of everyone's story.

Swear to god; for the last week or so, I've been calling Chris "Brak" in my head.

On 4/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Mic drop.

Yep, Wendell is pretty firmly locked into my Top 3 now....

On 4/12/2018 at 3:23 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Where is Sebastian getting his pakalolo?  Dude looked stoned at Tribal Council!

I figured Sebastian simply managed to locate the island's Friendly Neighborhood Cannabis-Equipped Cameraman.

• Love 2

I have no real problem with Kellyn. She strikes me as one of those new survivor players who seems to be playing to be casted on future seasons. As long as she continues to play to win this season, she won't bother me. That being said, she needs to take the reins and become a leader and stop doing that passive aggressive nonsense. That suggest a female alliance and drop it because they didn't pick the right name was sloppy as hell.

11 hours ago, LordBowen said:

Brak's better looking, but I hear what you're saying.

Brak has better English skills than Chris, too.  :>

And that’s one scary MFing low bar to be crawling under....