Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Wow! That back looks like nothing we've seen from the wedding pictures! 

They actually kept a secret/surprised us! Well played Duggars!

Why hide all that embellishment under two feet of wilted hair and fifteen feet of veil? All we saw was frump.

• Love 15
(edited)

Yes, it fit well, but the tee shirt sleeves can't be forgiven. Fundie brides have upped their game since Anna got married in her sister's ill-fitting tee-shirt Gothard Special (and yes, he was there).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Her hairstyle is amazing. The heat and humidity must've killed it early on for it to look so limp by the time the wedding was over.

She could have easily had the exact same bun that Jinger had. It would have looked neater with  the humidity that day.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

She could have easily had the exact same bun that Jinger had. It would have looked neater with  the humidity that day.

But...but...but long hair because of Jesus...and Gothard.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, it fit well, but the tee shirt sleeves can't be forgiven. Fundie brides have upped their game since Anna got married in her sister's ill-fitting tee-shirt Gothard Special (and yes, he was there).

Meh, the sleeves didn't bother me much. I'd rather see plain short sleeves than a generic strapless or sleeveless dress as seen on every other bride in real life! 

• Love 18

I think Lauren looked beautiful on her wedding day, and I don’t believe I know the first thing about what she is thinking or feeling during her honeymoon based on a brief video that they seem to have written a transcript for before they ever hit the record button. I don’t enjoy how soft spoken she is, but I’m withholding judgment until I see her on the show.

• Love 10

The hair looks beautiful in the back; too bad it didn’t show in the forward-facing pictures!

the dads sure do look thrilled to have the womb fruit married off!  

The car looks ridiculous. 

How much would one get paid for a People exclusive, to start their newly-married fund?  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, awaken said:

The hair looks beautiful in the back; too bad it didn’t show in the forward-facing pictures!

the dads sure do look thrilled to have the womb fruit married off!  

I thought the exact same thing when I saw her LOVELY hair from the back.  It just did NOT translate to the front at all, did it?

womb fruit... HA!

• Love 8

The picture with the parents really squicks me out. I realize that the cold cockles of my heart are supposed to be warmed by this loving family, but I just see boundaries getting trampled again.

Part of the ritual of marriage is that the bride and groom are adults now, and are stepping up and ready to make their own way in the world and start their own families. That's part of the symbolism of the father "giving away" the bride. Aside from the awful, patriarchal claptrap, it's a symbolic statement that she is an adult, and she is now joining with another adult to start a new phase of life as an adult. These pictures -- with the parents front and center -- would be gross and over-stepping of normal boundaries if they were prom pictures. Get your hands off of them! Step back and give them some air. Jesus Christ, this is one day in your child's life that is 100% not about you.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

JB looks like an ass in the one picture and why is Michelle bending over like that.

I was wondering about that pose too. It looks so odd and uncomfortable. 

• Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

why is Michelle bending over like that.

Because she is saying after all these years and kids my butt still looks good

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

JB looks like an ass in the one picture and why is Michelle bending over like that.

I also noticed that she doesn't have her arm around Boob. You can see her bell sleeve at her right side. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also noticed that she doesn't have her arm around Boob. You can see her bell sleeve at her right side. 

She might have touched Lauren's dad if she did that. Note that JB isn't touching Lauren's mom, and Lauren's dad isn't touching J'chelle. Those naughty thoughts that can't be righteously fulfilled can come from anywhere at any time. Vigilance is essential!

• Love 10
(edited)

Based on that picture with the parents, I wonder if Jedidiah was the best man.

ETA: If he was, then every Duggar son has chosen the next younger brother to be the best man (i.e., Josh chose JD, Joe chose Josiah), which means if the trend continues, Joe will likely be JD's best man if/when he and Abbie get married.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 3

Back to the honeymoon video. Lauren looks like she has come to the realization that her life from here on out will be focused on being joyfully available even though sex is painful, awkward, and embarrassing. And the idea of pushing out babies until her body gives out must be a sobering thought given that she's still a teenager and has no other options. I'd be bravely trying to hold back the tears, too. 

• Love 9

I like Lauren's dress, it's kind of party in the back, business in the front. Maybe she does have some worldly thinking and was showing both her Fundy personality and her fun personality. I do think it's a good choice considering her age. Rather than go princessy, or patchwork Fundy she chose a classic style dress.

In my opinion, Jessa's, Jinger's and Lauren's make the top 3 wedding dresses, followed by Kendra's, with Jill's, Joy's & Anna's not even worthy of an honorable mention.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Back to the honeymoon video. Lauren looks like she has come to the realization that her life from here on out will be focused on being joyfully available even though sex is painful, awkward, and embarrassing. And the idea of pushing out babies until her body gives out must be a sobering thought given that she's still a teenager and has no other options. I'd be bravely trying to hold back the tears, too. 

I wish someone with experience would give Lauren and Josiah a tube of KY jelly.  Somehow, I don't think that JB's LEGO talk ever included information on lubrication. 

• Love 5

If I'm not mistaken, Lauren, Joy and Kendra all got married at roughly the same age, but Lauren seems way more sheltered and fragile than the other two. I'm just wondering what happened to make her go from clinging to Si on their wedding day to looking shell-shocked not even a week later. 

I also feel bad because you know Boob and Michelle are reading the comments being left on their social media pages and are probably telling the poor girl to get her ass in gear as we speak. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I like Lauren's dress, it's kind of party in the back, business in the front. Maybe she does have some worldly thinking and was showing both her Fundy personality and her fun personality. I do think it's a good choice considering her age. Rather than go princessy, or patchwork Fundy she chose a classic style dress.

In my opinion, Jessa's, Jinger's and Lauren's make the top 3 wedding dresses, followed by Kendra's, with Jill's, Joy's & Anna's not even worthy of an honorable mention.

I thought Jingers overall look was the best.  She nailed the trifecta of flattering gown, attractive hairstyle and cohesive look.  Jessa’s dress was pretty, but her hair sucked and she just had too damn much going on with her color scheme.  I really liked Lauren’s gown, but she needed more of an updo to show off the back.  Kendra’s dress reminded me of those paper dolls I had as a kid.  You could match different tops & bottoms for different looks. The tones just didn’t work for me.  Joy’s hair was a mess too.  Someone should hvae told her big boobs and 3/4 are not a good mix.  Better sleeves and a different waistline would have made all the difference.  It was still better than Jill’s though.  Did Jill not know your gown should be altered to fit? It fit worse than Anna’s used gown.  She should have bought a temple-ready gown instead of trying to make one, or went to Kleinfeld’s or Bridals by Lori.  

As for Anna, her dress wasn’t cute but it was borrowed. It fit her dowdy, mousey personality, and I can appreciate getting the job done on a small budget.  It was obvious her parents weren’t middle class, but it was a nice, low key down home wedding that was focused on the marriage not the decor.  So much better than all that me me me, I always get what I want, over the top crap you see on tv nowadays.  At least they had real food. 

• Love 10

I feel bad for her. It could've been a traumatizing experience for her, and totally not what she expected. Of course, like a fellow poster essentially said, we could just be attributing feelings to her that she doesn't even have, and she really is happy. Just shy.

15 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I thought Jingers overall look was the best.  She nailed the trifecta of flattering gown, attractive hairstyle and cohesive look.  Jessa’s dress was pretty, but her hair sucked and she just had too damn much going on with her color scheme.  I really liked Lauren’s gown, but she needed more of an updo to show off the back.  Kendra’s dress reminded me of those paper dolls I had as a kid.  You could match different tops & bottoms for different looks. The tones just didn’t work for me.  Joy’s hair was a mess too.  Someone should hvae told her big boobs and 3/4 are not a good mix.  Better sleeves and a different waistline would have made all the difference.  It was still better than Jill’s though.  Did Jill not know your gown should be altered to fit? It fit worse than Anna’s used gown.  She should have bought a temple-ready gown instead of trying to make one, or went to Kleinfeld’s or Bridals by Lori.  

As for Anna, her dress wasn’t cute but it was borrowed. It fit her dowdy, mousey personality, and I can appreciate getting the job done on a small budget.  It was obvious her parents weren’t middle class, but it was a nice, low key down home wedding that was focused on the marriage not the decor.  So much better than all that me me me, I always get what I want, over the top crap you see on tv nowadays.  At least they had real food. 

Anna made her own gown with a pattern Priscilla had wanted for her own gown one day.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wish someone with experience would give Lauren and Josiah a tube of KY jelly.  Somehow, I don't think that JB's LEGO talk ever included information on lubrication. 

Maybe now that Meechelle is seemingly into her new season of life Boob will have to learn about it if he expects her to continue being joyfully available. 

Then again, after having all those kids, I suppose it hardly matters...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I thought Jingers overall look was the best.  She nailed the trifecta of flattering gown, attractive hairstyle and cohesive look.  Jessa’s dress was pretty, but her hair sucked and she just had too damn much going on with her color scheme.  I really liked Lauren’s gown, but she needed more of an updo to show off the back.  Kendra’s dress reminded me of those paper dolls I had as a kid.  You could match different tops & bottoms for different looks. The tones just didn’t work for me.  Joy’s hair was a mess too.  Someone should hvae told her big boobs and 3/4 are not a good mix.  Better sleeves and a different waistline would have made all the difference. 

Agree about Jinger. Makes sense, since she's also the most put-together daughter post-marriage.

Of everyone who had their hair down, I think Kendra's looked the least hot messy. 

It's also unfortunate Lauren didn't have the sense Tori Bates did about needing an updo to show off detail on the back of the dress. What's the point of all that plus the pretty hair accoutrements if it's just going to be hidden? 

I guess it's nice Joy got to choose what she liked (even though she appeared to have no idea what that was initially), but the first dress she tried on was so much more flattering on her and more original. The one she wore was like a bad knockoff of Jinger's. I don't understand the need for 3/4 sleeves or t-shirt sleeves. Are armpits really defrauding if the hole is cut close enough so not much skin is visible? I mean, put cap sleeves on if you must?

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Lauren wanted the people in the audience not to be bored sitting at the altar when she and Si had their backs turned away; thus giving them something interesting to look at?  (I know this might be stretching it a little, ha.)

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1

I really like the back of her dress!  But why wear your hair down and thus not let people see it?  And if you really want to wear your hair down, put the embellishments on the dress in the front.

• Love 8

If someone did that to my car, I'd be furious.  At least with balloons, shoes, etc. you can quickly remove them, and whipped cream can be washed off going through a car wash.  How do you get those post-its off except one by one?  Or maybe they'll speed down the highway and leave a trail of litter the entire way.

• Love 9

ITA with the others that her hairstyle is so much prettier as is the back of her dress.

Meanwhile I just got traumatized realizing that Josiah has probably never slept with only 1 other person in the same room as him (much less the same house/residence).  It’s peobabkg true for almost all the kids except the oldest.  It must be really different and lonely for them.

Good grief never kissing to sex is a huge 12 hour rush but even simple stuff seems really crazy.

• Love 4

I looked up the boutique where Lauren got her dress and I'm pretty sure this is her dress. It's an Allure gown with a lace back. Of course, it was altered with sleeves and appliques to cover her back.Screenshot_20180712-174201.thumb.jpg.3ad86c80ca2a4c3b62d32fff0397e8cf.jpgScreenshot_20180712-174636-341x680.jpg.006d99bc7fe47f862155d014e7bf594a.jpg

Screenshot_20180712-174706-400x689.jpg.f8b0a907e7ab66cfc9e1305837670806.jpg

• Love 4

And there is the difference in a dress that is fitted and someone who bought it a size or two too large and then tackied it up with non-matching add-on sleeves and hiding her back for the sake of modesty.  

• Love 6

Maybe Lauren has a raging UTI? In the video, she seems to shift in her seat like she's uncomfortable. I'm sure no one warned her about that either!

On another topic, let's hope the majority of her wedding pictures were taken before the heat/humidity ruined her hairstyle! 

• Love 8