Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

How can Boob truly make anyone do anything?

With the lack of interest in this wedding I don't think Boob will do a damn thing.

Did Stormy Jill and family get invited? I wonder if they made the trek if they were??

Can't wait for pictures of Josiah and Lauren. 

At the reception, guests enjoyed cupcakes, a candy bar and a strawberry shortcake-flavored, heart-shaped wedding cake.

The bridesmaid dresses were made by Jana and Anna. (haven’t seen them yet)

C1DA68C7-42FA-482C-AC37-B4A69FBE2D68.jpeg

• Love 3

No wedding ring, or did they take their pictures before the ceremony? 

Lauren is a pretty girl, but she'd have looked better without the sloppy hair. Her dress is nice enough, from what I can see. Better than Joy's. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, graefin said:

I found the link on Instagram directly (saw it there rather than on FB) and used that link to post. 

The picture has already been removed from Instagram and will probably disappear from here as well. So, I took a screenshot:

Counting On 2.png

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, Jana had to make at least 4 bridesmaid dresses in addition to everything else she does? 

Run girl, run!

And take Anna with you.

• Love 5

Josiah looks like a blonde, thin Josh. Nice suit, though. 

Do they follow the tradition of the bride’s family paying for the wedding? I can’t imagine why anyone would still have dresses MADE. Jinger found nice ones for a good price. 

• Love 4

Wait, wait, wait.  Let me get this straight.  The colors for the wedding were:  white, grey, pink, green, olive and blue.  Pick enough there did you?  So you gave your guests cupcakes and a candy bar/shortcake cake - did Jana get to make that as well as the bridesmaid dresses?  Don't they know it's garden season adn Jana has enough to do???

• Love 12
(edited)

Yeah, that’s a cornucopia of crap colors. I hope the bridesmaid dresses are olive camouflage. 

What exactly is a candy “bar”? You stroll down and take some M&Ms and a Baby Ruth?

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Yeah, that’s a cornucopia of crap colors. I hope the bridesmaid dresses are olive camouflage. 

It kind of depends on the shades. I'm reserving judgment until I see them. 

I don't have a problem with the desserts. It sounds pretty good, actually, especially by Duggar standards. Just think, it could have been Mullet and Jilly with their knives and unboxed cartons of cheap ice cream! 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

What exactly is a candy “bar”? You stroll down and take some M&Ms and a Baby Ruth?

No, no, you either take the M&Ms or the Baby Ruth. You can’t have both, thus A candy bar. Maybe they had the littles pass them around.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

The candy bar was probably an assortment of candies like this:

Counting On.jpg

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

He looks miserable and that makes me sad.   I really think he was forced into this.  She looks too dim to grasp what she’s committing to, bless her heart. 

His smile doesn’t quite reach his eyes, does it?  Sad, sad, sad.

• Love 22

Little rant:

Out of all their "special friends" don't they have one just one that is a real hairdresser? What about Josie Bates? They could have flipped her some money to make Lauren up. Lauren's sloppy hair ruins that picture and Josiah's sad face of why, Jesus, WHY!!

• Love 16

Josiah looks miserable.  She looks clueless and who let her have her hair like that?  What is with these girls and not knowing any hair up gorgeous styles for the day?  I read her father did her ceremony like Kendra's dad did.  Is it cool in the Fundie circle that a "pastor" can come into another one's church and do a ceremony? I've never seen that before.  It was always the priest(s), pastor(s) came with the church.  

If they did a candy bar like the one in the photo it would probably involve butcher paper and styrofoam bowls.  So sad.  

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Josiah looks miserable.  She looks clueless and who let her have her hair like that?  What is with these girls and not knowing any hair up gorgeous styles for the day?  I read her father did her ceremony like Kendra's dad did.  Is it cool in the Fundie circle that a "pastor" can come into another one's church and do a ceremony? I've never seen that before.  It was always the priest(s), pastor(s) came with the church.  

If they did a candy bar like the one in the photo it would probably involve butcher paper and styrofoam bowls.  So sad.  

The Counting On star wed Lauren Swanson on Saturday at John Brown University Cathedral of the Ozarks in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.

It's fundie, but it also doesn't have a denomination attached, so it's not like he took over for Kendra's father in Pastor Caldwell's church or something.  I feel like it's thus nonsectarian ground, though could be wrong:

https://www.jbu.edu/events/type/weddings/

48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Except the Duggar version was done on the cheap.

Possibly...but remember, her family should have been calling the shots so hope springs eternal.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, asuwur said:

Possibly...but remember, her family should have been calling the shots so hope springs eternal.

Homemade bridesmaid dresses don't inspire much confidence.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C1DA68C7-42FA-482C-AC37-B4A69FBE2D68.jpeg

Lauren looks unkempt and Josiah looks like a hostage .

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Josiah has the saddest, fakest smile of them all 

Screenshot_20180630-165529.jpg

Is that a man bun or a fuzzy ball on the top of his head? Looks like mom gave him a bad home perm. I didn't even notice Lauren's hair.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Linnee said:

Is that a man bun or a fuzzy ball on the top of his head? Looks like mom gave him a bad home perm. I didn't even notice Lauren's hair.

He’s damn near bald on top.  I think he’s made it messy-looking so it will appear that he has more hair than he actually does.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Linnee said:

She has the same hideous, messy, too-long hair that Jessa, Jill, and Joy had. Ugly.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He’s damn near bald on top.  I think he’s made it messy-looking so it will appear that he has more hair than he actually does.

He should give up fighting the fight and go for a buzz cut.  My friend balded early and said "eventually it's wise to just shave it all off".  

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

He should give up fighting the fight and go for a buzz cut.  My friend balded early and said "eventually it's wise to just shave it all off".  

Do fundies believe in buzz cuts? ?

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Misread this as Jana and Anna made the wedding dress and I thought "makes sense." The top reminds me of Anna's (ugly, IMO) plain wedding dress, particularly the t-shirt shape. The overall effect reminds me of Meghan Markle's wedding dress, but at least she had the tiara to go with it, plus the veil...and the fact that she's Meghan Markle.

The bouquet is gorgeous.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

Josiah looks so sad.  We talk a lot about the girls getting married as a way out, but Josiah may be attempting to do the same thing with this marriage.  I don’t think he will ever be free of Jim Bob, but maybe he feels like this will get him off his back a little.  :-/  Also, poor Lauren.

• Love 15
(edited)

Any other pictures popping up on Insta? I don't have one so I'm asking. TIA

*sob* People at FJ are posting about the wedding pictures besides the one that was released via People Mag. I don't know know how they are finding them but they are talking about the dress in it's full length and the cake. There are pictures out there and we must stalk the sources!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3
(edited)

Poor Lauren and poor Si. I'm hoping beyond hope that we're all totally misreading this and SiRen will come off much better in live action, but we're a pretty astute bunch so I'm not hopeful...

Before I even read the comments, my first thought was "Si looks absolutely miserable." He could barely manage a half-smile and his eyes are completely dead.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The candy bar is most likely

1. Bagged candy dumped into plastic bowls

2. Limit one piece of candy per person 

3. Likely to have already been licked and manhandled by Josie

• Love 20
(edited)

Screenshot_20180630-181941.thumb.jpg.b9991e42e4cac5b1773552ea85e7c0d7.jpg

How low budget was the wedding? They couldn't even afford a tiered cake or bridesmaids dresses. As for Lauren's dress, I hate it, Jana could have made her something similar or even nicer.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 12

Aren't the cakes usually a "gift" from a baker friend?

I saw the actual cake on FJ it's a huge heart with fresh cut strawberries on top. Not exactly made from a professional bakery. No buttercream roses or a bride and groom cake toper just really plain and childish looking.

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, a sheet cake for the bride and groom? It looks like something grabbed last minute at the Walmart bakery.

It's actually a heart shaped cake with fresh strawberries on top. Maybe it really is two sheet cakes cut up to make a heart--I really didn't think of that! I would lift the picture off of FJ but I don't know how.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180630-181941.thumb.jpg.b9991e42e4cac5b1773552ea85e7c0d7.jpg

How low budget was the wedding? They couldn't even afford a tiered cake or bridesmaids dresses. As for Lauren's dress, I hate it, Jana could have made her something similar or even nicer.

I had really hoped that we were all wrong in supposing that they really weren't that into each other, but these photos are just sad. Josiah looks miserable in the People photo, and there's no eye contact, and no physical contact in this picture. I realize it's just a candid shot and could have been taken in one split second where they weren't holding hands, or touching, but I just don't think so.

• Love 9