Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Do Not Send Us Astray

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Meanwhile on Twitter, folks are pissed at AMC for a) violating canon but even more so b) are giving AMC hell for the 2-hour-episode-isn't-really-2-hours-but-1-hour-show-and-1-hour-preview-of-their-new-show. Might be more interesting drama than the show.

I saw that. I haven't watched the episode - I fell asleep before it started - but people I follow, including people with those tick marks after their name, were pissed over the guts now causing infection (on weapons/when they come into contact with wounds), when that hadn't happened before. 

4 hours ago, sarthaz said:

Simon: Let's all group up in the open and advance slowly on higher ground.

Viewers: That sounds like a really stupid plan. Won't they just shoot all of you?

Simon: Nope. They can't hit shit, and I'm wearing plot armor.

How does this show continue to get worse? I'm on Facebook, and some article about viewers hating Negan is trending. Um ... Negan ain't the fucking problem. This episode was able to fucking suck without him anywhere near it.

I hate Negan, so that part makes me happy, but I think part of the reason the writing is bad, is because they're protecting the character. Everyone is stupid, because they want to keep him around. 

• Love 10

Just skimmed the chat thread. You all make me laugh - but I didn't know I missed the beginning of "Trust" last night. Damn. I will check out "The Terror" but by itself. I don't like it when they fudge things, or make you wait for something that would be on at 10pm, just to try to gain viewers for a new show (which might actually do better than TWD, given their ratings this year). 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, spiderpig said:

the female doctor being so nasty to Sahib

I hated that too until he stood up to her and called her* out for her bullshit and she said "I like you". I figured it was her way of testing his mettle and he passed with flying colours; it was dumb as fuck, given the situation, but I can appreciate it, in concept. That was about it though, for this episode. I've been far more forgiving than most up to this point, but this was the episode that broke the camel's back. Never before have I so actively, consistently and frequently expressed my incredulous disbelief at a single episode of television....out loud....and I live alone. To put into perspective the magnitude of how utterly horrible and inanely fucking stupid this episode was with regard to how it completely negated the established rules of the universe and any common sense or knowledge gained by its inhabitants.....I used to read message board threads for various shows where people claimed they would FF through parts they didn't care for, and I thought that was the most idiotic thing I'd ever heard; only a complete moron would do that! Well, consider me one of your moronic brethren....The Walking Dead has managed to do what I would have claimed to be the impossible; I almost made it to the end, but when that fat, blubbering nobody in the king size bed started crying about how he was too much of a wuss to kill himself before turning it was more than I could handle. I grabbed the remote and my fat, mere mortal thumb hit that button like there was no tomorrow. It was brief!....but I caved. It just could not be helped, my moral superiority is now a fading memory.

I know I'm in the minority, but JDM and his shit eating, scenery chewing Negan portrayal, in all it's cartoonish buffoon glory, is the best thing about this show right now. It's gone on too long and I'll be glad to see him dispatched, however that occurs, but for now it's pretty much the only thing keeping me coming back.

Oh, P.S., every single one of you, up to this point, gets a "like".

Edited by Daltrey
  • Love 12

It's possible Tara got hit with a clean arrow, but I think Sidiq will figure out an early stages cure.  We aren't going to be free of Tara that easily.  Plus, isn't Rick injured too?  And turning down all offers to treat his wound.  That could be  a fakeout though and he's the one with the clean injury.  FPP is still alive after receiving antibiotics.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

Dish or (more likely) AMC lied to me.  My guide said that TWD was two hours long tonight.  Instead we got a normal episode, and a god awful "Terror", that they had to trick us into watching.

Having read the book, The Terror, I think the show is worth a watch.

• Love 1

I figured that the zombie guts brought on the fever that's usually attached to walker bites... So when ur cut with an infected weapon the fever gets in you.. And from there its night night... I think most of the really injured ppl were in the infirmary.. The one dude we saw in the house had basically a minor cut that got stitched up... So he had no reason to think he'd die... Also they don't really have a bunch of room to put ppl hopes nice the bunching up... I actually liked how that happened.. But I agree where were the guards for the prisoners and the medbay

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Meanwhile on Twitter, folks are pissed at AMC for a) violating canon but even more so b) are giving AMC hell for the 2-hour-episode-isn't-really-2-hours-but-1-hour-show-and-1-hour-preview-of-their-new-show. Might be more interesting drama than the show.

When is AMC going to learn that fooling your audience into watching a new show is not the best marketing strategy?  The pulled a similar stunt with Into the Badlands (which I refused to even give a chance because of it) by delaying the preview of the next TWD episode until about 20 minutes into the premier.   

Now they have taken it up a huge notch, by apparently advertising this as a 2 hour TWD episode, (Fios and PS Vue both listed it that way) but delivering an hour of TWD and an hour of The Terror.  I was planning on watching The Terror, but now I will not.  Not, that I was hoping for an extra hour of the drivel that TWD has become.  But don't play games with your audience.  

10 hours ago, Scootman said:

I'll be the first to call it. Dwight shot Tara with a "clean" arrow. She will not die. And personally, I like her and hope I'm right.

You are probably right.  Tara is way too annoying to die. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

When is AMC going to learn that fooling your audience into watching a new show is not the best marketing strategy?  The pulled a similar stunt with Into the Badlands (which I refused to even give a chance because of it) by delaying the preview of the next TWD episode until about 20 minutes into the premier.   

Now they have taken it up a huge notch, by apparently advertising this as a 2 hour TWD episode, (Fios and PS Vue both listed it that way) but delivering an hour of TWD and an hour of The Terror.  I was planning on watching The Terror, but now I will not.  Not, that I was hoping for an extra hour of the drivel that TWD has become.  But don't play games with your audience.  

I didn't watch Into the Badlands, either, and I'm usually willing to give new shows a chance. I just don't like people trying to make me do something. Heels go into the ground, every time. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

You are probably right.  Tara is way too annoying to die. 

So, you're going to figuratively cut off your nose to spite your face and potentially miss a good story.  I read the book.  It was excellent.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lynnann said:

So, you're going to figuratively cut off your nose to spite your face and potentially miss a good story.  I read the book.  It was excellent.

No, I am going to spite AMC by not watching their show because of their deceptive practices.  If millions more do this, maybe they will change them.  Besides, I watched for several minutes before catching on to the scam and I didn't seem too interesting.  

• Love 12

Isn't Morgan's cross over on Fear supposed to be back when he was not shown on TWD? Between his last interaction with Rick, when he was crazy, and his meeting the cheese maker guy. It's his 'clear' time...no? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't give shit about Henry.  Die already you little asshole.

This, I wouldn't normally advocate the death of children, but this isn't a child. He's not even a human. He's like this weird cardboard stand-up that you see at a bookstore. Nothing about his badly written and terribly acted "character" rings the least bit true, and the best thing that could happen is for next week's episode to start with this exchange:

CAROL: What happened to the kid?

MORGAN: Harry?

CAROL: Yeah, where'd he go? He has my gun.

MORGAN: Oh, he died.

CAROL: Oh, OK. Do you know where the gun is?

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Isn't Morgan's cross over on Fear supposed to be back when he was not shown on TWD? Between his last interaction with Rick, when he was crazy, and his meeting the cheese maker guy. It's his 'clear' time...no? 

It's more unbelievable to me that he would have found them in some far off state, did whatever, came back to Georgia, found the map in the church, and then went to Alexandria.    The timeline doesn't add up anyway, so might as well just pretend it doesn't matter, since they are rewriting the rules as they go.

Edited by peach
  • Love 8

Best line of the Forbes review of this episode?  "I'm sorry, dear readers, I cannot wrap my brain around this level of stupidity and bad writing."  I hear you.  Believe me, I hear you.

Multiple reviewers are having a lot of fun in multiple reviews over a walker tumbling down stairs and nobody sleeping in the giant puppy pile of Hilltoppers right next to those stairs hearing a thing.  Meanwhile, one of my kids crosses the hallway floor to the bathroom and I'm awake for the rest of the night.

At this point, I'm kind of hoping bloody ghost Gavin follows Morgan to FTWD so he can randomly yell at him that "I know what it is" there too.  Because, why not.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, peach said:

It's more unbelievable to me that he would have found them in some far off state, did whatever, came back to Georgia, found the map in the church, and then went to Alexandria.    The timeline doesn't add up anyway, so might as well just pretend it doesn't matter, since they are rewriting the rules as they go.

I was thinking the same thing.  I can't see how Morgan, in his crazed state, could have made it across the country and back, met the cheesemaker and then found Rick again.  Maybe that mysterious helicopter brought him there. 

• Love 5

So the "no guards" thing was annoying as shit but you know what was even more annoying to me? EVERY freekin door was standing wide open. All the bedrooms, all the trailers, the freekin front door to the big house, all WIDE OPEN. So far, even if they try, walkers are unable to open doors so all those doors were left open by living humans. Humans who have been dealing with the walker threat for YEARS NOW. Ugh, Im giving myself a damn stroke just thinking about it.

Edited by diebartdie
missed an "o"
  • Love 21
22 hours ago, peach said:

I made it through the first 20 minutes.  I mean, all the Saviors should be dead.  I read you guys talking about bad aim, but wow.  They had those idiots in a brightly lit kill box (which was asinine for them to walk into in a mass like that), unloaded automatic rifles on them, and only killed a couple. 

https://gph.is/2cUSSDh

Hi, Shane -- this really made me miss early seasons RICK. Sigh. AL probably begged the writers not to treat Rick's injuries -- in the dark, I don't know if I could even tell if sweaty wild-eyed Rick zombified. Ditto for Daryl, since the eyes usually show it first -- and he mostly grunts from behind that hair curtain. I'm almost excited just to hear him have a conversation, even if it's with Tara about Dwight (again). 

And I should clarify -- I don't expect that Rick wouldn't have changed after all this time. It's just that this once very clearly was Rick's story, and the story of a small group of people surrounding him. Now it feels very much like a comic book, cartoony, bad action movie and not necessarily anyone's STORY. 

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 10

Wait, wait...wait.

So from what I'm reading from the live chat and in here...There is a psycho kid still running around getting (the wrong) people killed, the sick/injured sleep together with no locked doors, there are no guards at night. And all of this actually happens while freaking Carol is on the premises? What the hell kind of bizarro world is this? Get thee away from those people Carol, their stupidity is infectious. Holy crap.

I'm not even going to attempt to touch the whole 'weapons/bullets covered in walker guts suddenly turns people' nonsense.

• Love 11

This show is dead. Between the horrible lighting where i can't even tell what is supposed to be happening to changing the rules to suit this shitshow. To Maggie being considered a guide leader lmao to rock threatening to kill negan for the 20th time. I used to love this show. Still love carol and Daryl and I like fpp and Ezekiel abd Jerry but the rest can just die. I think at this point I like negan and Dwight more than Rick and Maggie. I'm just done. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, peach said:

Everything about the "plot" is nonsensical and backwards, and yet they throw me moments of Rick and Michonne in their grief that get me in the feelz.  I guess I'm with it a bit longer, with my FF button handy.  And Rick has his murder coat back on next episode.

Murder coat is promising.

• Love 5

I'm going to give this show the benefit of the doubt because I just can't give up on them .. since no one knows how the virus started, how to stop it or how to prevent it from killing it would make sense (in as much as a show about zombies can make sense) that there are other ways to be infected. If you were hit with the arrow, the wound would become infected and it's the fever that kills you ... 

I don't want to be removed from the cool kids club but I'm guess I'm part of the minority that still enjoys the show. Not sure if I could handle a show where they thought of everything ahead of time, had a perfection solution to all problems and always escaped danger unscathed. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, kira28 said:

This show is dead. Between the horrible lighting where i can't even tell what is supposed to be happening to changing the rules to suit this shitshow. 

I had to rewind the Tara scene 3 times to figure out wtf happened. The lighting and editing were horrible there. It's like everyone involved in this project made a pact to just suck. 

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure Dwight shot Tara with a clean arrow.  He purposely shot her in a way that would not cause a serious injury which is pointless if he hit her with an infected arrow.

The question is whether Our Intrepid Heroes will know that and wind up killing Tara preemptively for no reason.

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, jcin617 said:

I'm pretty sure Dwight shot Tara with a clean arrow.  He purposely shot her in a way that would not cause a serious injury which is pointless if he hit her with an infected arrow.

The question is whether Our Intrepid Heroes will know that and wind up killing Tara preemptively for no reason.

We can only hope.  

• Love 15

Not only did AMC trick people into recording the first hour of The Terror; they added insult to injury by announcing that the previews for next week's TWD would air during The Terror.  Doubling down on your double dealing is a unique approach to attracting viewers to a new show.  Kinda like shooting too many scenes of TWD in total fucking darkness.  Even in the dark, we know when we're being snowed (see what I did there?), AMC.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

And Rick's group still hasn't learned to shoot at the tires of escaping vehicles.

No, they always aim for the trunk lid or door panels, to make sure no damage of the kind that might stop a car is done. Reminds me of old Westerns where Indians are chasing the stagecoach and are always portrayed as too stupid to just shoot the horses.

1 hour ago, jcin617 said:

Someone needs to give Carol a can of lighter fluid and point her in the right direction.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Why did that damn Henry even need to open the cage at all? He could have shot through a fence hole if he so desired!

I don't know. That's a pretty fortified enclosure they have. I mean, when all the guards sleeping through a zombie attack, it would have to be a serious fence to keep 30+ people locked inside. Still, if he couldn't shoot through the fence holes, the plot holes are big enough to fit a tank, let alone a gun.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Why did that damn Henry even need to open the cage at all? He could have shot through a fence hole if he so desired!

Needed somebody to unlock it for the great escape, so why not make the kid stupid and have him do it? Or better yet (eye roll), he starts shooting and inadvertently blows the lock off.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

Needed somebody to unlock it for the great escape,

Yes, because all those men couldn't push the fence - made of posts stuck in the ground and three strings of wire - over. It's not like anyone but that annoying kid was watching them.

3 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Michonne to Rick :"I saved you a turnip."

If that ain't love, I don't know what love is!

Was it cooked at least? She didn't give him a raw turnip, did she?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, kira28 said:

Between the horrible lighting where i can't even tell what is supposed to be happening to changing the rules to suit this shitshow.

The light was there only to make some advertising for those big gas guzzler pick-up trucks standing proudly around, nothing else. 

They put the projector on the pick-up truck but we can't see shit on anything else.  They are really taking us for dummies, 

They really think that because of this today I want a Dodge ram?  Fuck them!

Edited by heisenberg
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Boofish said:

I'm going to give this show the benefit of the doubt because I just can't give up on them .. since no one knows how the virus started, how to stop it or how to prevent it from killing it would make sense (in as much as a show about zombies can make sense) that there are other ways to be infected. If you were hit with the arrow, the wound would become infected and it's the fever that kills you ... 

I don't want to be removed from the cool kids club but I'm guess I'm part of the minority that still enjoys the show. Not sure if I could handle a show where they thought of everything ahead of time, had a perfection solution to all problems and always escaped danger unscathed. 

I don't think everyone is expected to hate it. I just don't enjoy it anymore. I still haven't watched it. I WISH I still liked it. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, diebartdie said:

So the "no guards" thing was annoying as shit but you know what was even more annoying to me? EVERY freekin door was standing wide open. All the bedrooms, all the trailers, the freekin front door to the big house, all WIDE OPEN. So far, even if they try, walkers are unable to open doors so all those doors were left open by living humans. Humans who have been dealing with the walker threat for YEARS NOW. Ugh, Im giving myself a damn stroke just thinking about it.

THIS!!!! This bugged me so much - ok maybe a bedroom door gets left open but the front door of the main house?!?!? REALLY?!?!? This pissed me off even more than the "infected" weapons. 

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ha, what fence hole? It's not even a chain link fence. Just a few rows of barbed wire that doesn't block anyone's vision nor any bullet. The wire is so widely spaced, that the saviors only need to step on one row of wire, and they could all pass through easily. 

• Love 12

Regarding the show, I'll stick it out to the bitter end.  However, I used to watch it on the edge of my seat.   Well, except for Camp Dinnerbell.

Now, however, I watch it with boredom and disappointment.   Last night I was laughing out loud at everything.    I'm sure the writers didn't set out to write the show as a comedy, but it has sadly turned into that.    I have to wonder if the actors are just embarrassed at this point.   They have to know how awful it's gotten, right?   

Regarding all the windows and doors being left open, there was a scene (the turnip scene!) when Rick was prying off the boards that covered the windows (reminded me of Signs).   He told Michonne that they were saving fuel by not using the generators (yet they had no problem wasting fuel to pointlessly move the vehicles around at the end) and because of that, they needed to open up windows and doors to keep the house from getting too hot.   

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
  • Love 10

Ha, what fence hole? It's not even a chain link fence. Just a few rows of barbed wire that doesn't block anyone's vision nor any bullet. The wire is so widely spaced, that the saviors only need to step on one row of wire, and they could all pass through easily.

Exactly what I mean. I actually feel like it looks flimsy enough that if they all pushed on the wire together, they could topple it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Token said:

I think it was AMC because a lot of people got lied to about a 'two hour' Walking Dead episode tonight.

I was pissed, I was so excited for the 2 hour, I ran out just before to get extra beer and some slim jims...only to be mislead. I want to take whomever did that out to look at the flowers

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

More significantly:

1. Where are the guards who should’ve stopped Henry from opening the chicken coop?
  2. How the fuck did the little sociopath get hold of the key in the first place?

i mean, what is the security system in place here!?!?  The honor system?  Harsh language?

2 minutes ago, slaterain said:

THIS!!!! This bugged me so much - ok maybe a bedroom door gets left open but the front door of the main house?!?!? REALLY?!?!? This pissed me off even more than the "infected" weapons. 

In truth I originally thought the notion of sleeping with all the doors open was about as sharp as a sackful of ball bearings; in retrospect, however, I have to give the writers a smidge of credit for foreshadowing.  Remember why Rick was pulling the boards off the upstairs window?  They had the doors open because it was hot, and they were trying to catch a breeze.

Still doesn’t excuse the lack of guards, though - at the main house, OR the infirmary, OR the Supermax chicken coop.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Exactly what I mean. I actually feel like it looks flimsy enough that if they all pushed on the wire together, they could topple it.

Every episode that featured the Hilltop, the showrunners have us looking this "enclosure" as a prison. Am I wrong or did a previous episode have the stay behind Savior ask for time out of the "cell" for exercise or sunlight? I said "What????"

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

The unexpected visitor being an idiot showrunner named Gimple who violated the previously established canon of how zombie infection occurs.

This, for once, is Kirkman's doing, i'm afraid. Same thing happened in the comics. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Because he’s a miserable little brat like the one who got eaten who stole cookies.  Because this isn’t a spoiler, but he was probably abducted by that Axel Rose looking Savior to become Negans murderin’ little brat.  

• Love 7

I don't get it. Now that they lump Carol back in with Camp Doofuses she has to go dumbo and ooc right off the bat? Henry would have looked at the flowers by now, the infected would have been killed before they even had a chance to turn (extra bonus points for killing Tara anyway by being pre-emptive for security reasons) and she would have either said something or gotten the hell out of there as soon as it was clear that no one watches during the night and all the doors are unlocked (ala 5x02).

I wanted to maybe watch this for Carol (or next episode) but eff this show if they drag her down like this too. And she had avoided the stupidity for the most part this Season, damn it. Guess I will skip those episodes with Carol in them too. Which leaves me with no episodes to watch. Oh well. At last I'm still enjoying the hell out of the live chat and other threads. The sarcasm and humor makes it worth it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Oh, and apparently Jesus showed up at some point to appear in the background. Without any lines. Hope you got a paycheck that week, Tom Payne.

I, for one, was glad it wasn't two hours. One hour of this crap is bad enough.

I thought the same thing!  I was like, "Holy Easter, it's Jesus! I bet he's going to do something really interes--uh, he's gone already? Was he just in the background for that scene? Sigh ..."

• Love 7