Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Do Not Send Us Astray

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

I will give the show something it was nice to see an actual Walker attack again. It reminded me of S3 and what happened in the prison. That is all.  The reason was stupid though. If the guts mixed with there blood that might make more sense but did it? I guess when they were shot.

Henry is a fool but he is still young so I guess that is an excuse Maggie is not a kid and her plan was stupid.  I know she missed Glenn but this is why she should not be a leader she cant think clearly. The fact that people had to tell her she was a good leader only proofs more she is not good.

So is Tara a goner?

Still way too many people on this show.

Jerry lives that is a plus.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, EllenC said:

Past experience also means nothing. After the prison zombie/flu massacre (and everything else over the years) you'd think ol' Camp Dinner Bell would be a little more cautious about everyone sleeping so close together at night with injured close by ... and prisoners too. With the giant cast, they could have a few more guards on duty, right?

And more possible attacks by the Saviors. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, EllenC said:

Past experience also means nothing. After the prison zombie/flu massacre (and everything else over the years) you'd think ol' Camp Dinner Bell would be a little more cautious about everyone sleeping so close together at night with injured close by ... and prisoners too. With the giant cast, they could have a few more guards on duty, right?

Agreed. It's dumb to have injured people sleeping together. Death would result in the individual becoming a walker.

The new rue about Zombie guts causing infection is bizarre.

• Love 10

Well, the good news is that Maggie doesn’t have to fade the prisoners no mo.  

Since Tobin ate several red shirts, she doesn’t have to fade them either.   Maybe a win win that so many had to dah.

• Love 13

Come on guys, have you learned nothing in all these years? No guards? No alarms? Dealing with contamination? Come on guys. Its practically like we`re heading back towards early season 1 levels of competence! At least then they could fish! 

Tara finds s shred of self awareness, we learn that kids shouldn't be handling firearms, and that no one in this world can shoot with a damn. Somewhere, even the Storm Troopers were feeling sorry for these guys. 

• Love 23

Dear Saddiq...

Carl Poppa is sitting on the roof of that Great Gazebo in the sky.

Eating pudding from a can, because he was bitten while helping you.

Please keep your ass out of harm's way, until u acquire an actual skill set.

To fight and survive in the ZA.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. It's dumb to have injured people sleeping together. Death would result in the individual becoming a walker.

The new rue about Zombie guts causing infection is bizarre.

You are being too generously kind.  I am thinking more along the lines of...
tenor.gif?itemid=9427204

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Scootman said:

I'll be the first to call it. Dwight shot Tara with a "clean" arrow. She will not die. And personally, I like her and hope I'm right.

I can't stand her and have been rooting for her to die for two seasons now.  But I still think you're right and that's where this is going especially with the heavily falling anvils of her and Daryl talking/arguing about which side Dwight is on.

I'd rant about the stupidity of not keeping the wounded in one place under heavy guard and how they could learn nothing from the prison epidemic but too many have beat me to it.  Guess we're all on the same page on that.  Why do the same writers who come up with some brilliant twists also treat us and the characters like idiots so often?

Poor Carol can not catch a break, honestly given her track record at this point I'd be afraid to even be her friend.

• Love 16

Where are Rick and Michonne?

1 minute ago, econ07 said:

Isn't TWD at least 2 years in show time ahead of FTWD.  They are going to have to have a huge time jump on FTWD for Morgan to show up there, no?

Why?  They'll probably just hand wave it off after just ignoring 8 years of zombie infection canon.  

• Love 14

I wonder if guy who is ghosting Morgan will follow him to FTWD? Never mind, don’t care. 

This episode was a comedy of errors. I call B.S. on the zombie gut infected arrows and bullets, no guards, no one watching the injured people, no one guarding the prisoners, etc... I’m getting to the point where I’m more entertained by reading the comments on this forum instead of watching the show. 

I hope Tara doesn’t die only because Eugene, Negan and Simon need to die first. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Well, the good news is that Maggie doesn’t have to fade the prisoners no mo.  

Since Tobin ate several red shirts, she doesn’t have to fade them either.   Maybe a win win that so many had to dah.

Tobin was eating like he smoked weed before being weaponized and turning.

• Love 12

No need to repeat how mind-numbingly dumb it is to not confine or watch anyone sick or injured. Who would think of that.

I just can't. I kept falling asleep between blasts of gunfire in total darkness and Rick telling Maggie that he wanted to kill Negan. He tried to kill Negan. But, well - he didn't. At least I think that's what he said.

I thought Turned Cobin killed Dr. NewFriend, but guess not. Kind of looked like him, but I couldn't tell in the darkness. I should have known they wouldn't kill Dr. NewFriend so soon after his latest monologue.

That's all I saw. Oh, no. I lie. I saw Ghost of Gavin Past again, screaming at Morgan. I think, anyway. Whatever. Good riddance to this shit. It isn't even fun to hate anymore.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, candall said:

Hey, there's a Special Sneak Preview of "A Quiet Place" within the Special Sneak Preview of "The Terror." 

I think it's okay for me to say this because my DVR informs me I'm still technically watching TWD.

It's like a big turducken!

Maybe it's the Turbriskafelte of previews?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Must've missed the announcement about the new show preview and like a dumbass, watched it for a good five minutes thinking it was a dream sequence and wondering when the hell I was going to see someone I recognized.

OMG! hahahahaaaaa! Me too! I woke up and wondered what the hell they were doing on a ship!

• Love 9

Quick recap based completely on the "stellar" dialogue, as the show was 90% in the dark, so it's anyone's guess if any of this actually happened:

• Simonologuing
  • a video game shoot out
  • red shirts praising Maggie's "leadership"
  • a kid does something stupid
  • new infection rules
  • Rick laments that the plot last week didn't include him killing Negan
  • and Gavin the Savior Ghost reminds Morgan he's got a crossover to get to.
  • Love 21
32 minutes ago, peach said:

So, if I understand this correctly, this show never changes, the characters go around in the same loops, the plot is rehashed over and over again...but all of a sudden, they change the method of infection.  THAT they change.

They are clearly convinced that there is nothing they can do that will derail the show. I'm sure they had a discussion in the writers room and "wouldn't it be cool if" won out over respecting the shows history.   It doesn't bode well. 

To make matters worse, the network is being even more cavalier, tricking people into watching/recording their new show.  I'm also sure it was totally an "accident" that they released that Gimple (to explain this stupidity) and Rooker (who people would want to see) would be on Talking Dead.  That's completely believable.  They wouldn't contemplate lying to viewers to make them more likely to sit through their new show waiting for TD.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, econ07 said:

... and why no guard on the prisoner pen that could have told Henry "Hey, give me that gun kid before you shoot your eye out."

"You ll shoot you eye out you'll shoot you eye out..."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MichaelaRae said:

Meanwhile on Twitter, folks are pissed at AMC for a) violating canon but even more so b) are giving AMC hell for the 2-hour-episode-isn't-really-2-hours-but-1-hour-show-and-1-hour-preview-of-their-new-show. Might be more interesting drama than the show.

The best thing I read on Twitter tonight about the show was a woman who thinks that the Walking Dead justifies people in the South being allowed to continue having guns.  Like the Walking Dead is somehow real life or something.  Admittedly, I've never been to the South, but I'm pretty sure I'd have heard about it if there were a bunch of dead people running around eating people!

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Rock knocker said:

Dish or (more likely) AMC lied to me.  My guide said that TWD was two hours long tonight.  Instead we got a normal episode, and a god awful "Terror", that they had to trick us into watching.

I think it was AMC because a lot of people got lied to about a 'two hour' Walking Dead episode tonight.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, candall said:

It's like a big turducken!

emphasis on TURD

18 minutes ago, Token said:

I think it was AMC because a lot of people got lied to about a 'two hour' Walking Dead episode tonight.

Yup. It's some BS IMO

• Love 12

Ugh, it seems like they had written a dozen "stupid kid wanders around with weapons, ignoring rules and causing trouble" storylines and decided to use EACH AND EVERY ONE.  It's to the point where I roll my eyes every time a kid is introduced.  If the kid gets a speaking line it's very probable. If the kid even speaks to Carol, it's a given.  Blargh. Fuck this show.

• Love 16

Wow, so not only did Simon's (or really, Negan's) plan actually worked (despite going against pretty much everything that has already been established in past seasons), it really only worked because there as apparently no guards or any kind of lookouts once the battle was over.  Really?  Even if they didn't know about the tainted weapons, you'd think they'd still have people up, in case someone dies, the Saviors came back or, really, so many other reasons.  But it's like everyone just took a damn nap at the same time. What the fuck, Hilltop?

RIP, Tobin, I guess.  Didn't really get much from the character, but he was a familiar enough face, so it's kind of sad that he is gone.  But man, he developed some stealth skills once he turned!  In particular, the only way I can buy him getting the doctor that easily was because he was hiding in the bushes.  You'd think a lumbering walker would be noticeable, but it's kind of amazing how easily they can just sneak up on someone!

Tara will be fine.  They are totally setting it up that Dwight used an untainted weapon to "save her."  But she ain't going anywhere since this show really seems to think she has what it takes to be a major character.  I wish I could see what it/they see.

Aww, a Merle reference!  I kind of miss him, but Michael Rooker was lucky to get out when he did.  

So, thanks to Henry, all of the prisoners have escaped, except for the nice one who stayed behind.  Gregory left too, which is hilarious.  Nothing can kill that guy!

I guess it wouldn't be The Walking Dead if Morgan didn't go crazy every five or so episodes.  Here's what I wish the Morgan/"Ghost Gavin" scenes were like instead:

Ghost Gavin: "You know what this is."

Morgan: "No!"

Ghost Gavin: "You know what you have to do."

Morgan: "Please don't say it!"

Ghost Gavin: "You must go to Fear the Walking Dead, now."

Morgan: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

• Love 13

I made it through the first 20 minutes.  I mean, all the Saviors should be dead.  I read you guys talking about bad aim, but wow.  They had those idiots in a brightly lit kill box (which was asinine for them to walk into in a mass like that), unloaded automatic rifles on them, and only killed a couple. 

https://gph.is/2cUSSDh

Edited by peach
  • Love 10

I wish I could photoshop Negan's face onto Fonzie's body. Then this photo would be the embodiment of this season.  I also wish I could delete this episode out of existence.

Of course Tara was nailed with a "clean" arrow. I hope they put her down as precaution and find out that Darryl's arrow was "clean" after fact.

Jumping_The_Shark_happyDays.jpg

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 24

Simon: Let's all group up in the open and advance slowly on higher ground.

Viewers: That sounds like a really stupid plan. Won't they just shoot all of you?

Simon: Nope. They can't hit shit, and I'm wearing plot armor.

How does this show continue to get worse? I'm on Facebook, and some article about viewers hating Negan is trending. Um ... Negan ain't the fucking problem. This episode was able to fucking suck without him anywhere near it.

• Love 21

Everything about the "plot" is nonsensical and backwards, and yet they throw me moments of Rick and Michonne in their grief that get me in the feelz.  I guess I'm with it a bit longer, with my FF button handy.  And Rick has his murder coat back on next episode.

• Love 6