Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

37 seasons??? Good grief. I can't believe I've never seen it. I'll have to try to find it and watch. 

I highly recommend it. I’ve been watching on MTV.  And on Paramount+ they have the All Star version, but I haven’t seen that version yet. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

37 seasons??? Good grief. I can't believe I've never seen it. I'll have to try to find it and watch. 

Watching a retread come apart on the interstate can be exciting, too, but I think I’ll pass.  😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

If this version of the Challenge is a fraction as tough as the usual ones, Big D would be carried off in a stretcher 5 minutes into the first episode.  

Don't worry, he is used to being carried. 😅

13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The challenges they do are physically extreme.

I'm a person who skips all big brother and Survivor competitions - challenges so I don't think I'd be interested in that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, himela said:

I'm a person who skips all big brother and Survivor competitions - challenges so I don't think I'd be interested in that.

Interesting. I thought I was the only one. Well, I don't completely skip them, but I often FF them, unless my husband is watching because he enjoys them. Personally, I'm way more interested in the interpersonal dynamics of the show. To each his own. 

Anyway, because of this, I'm questioning how much I'll enjoy The Challenge since it sounds like it's all comps. My husband would probably enjoy it though. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Interesting. I thought I was the only one. Well, I don't completely skip them, but I often FF them

Regarding BB, I always know the result when I watch the episode so I don't care to actually watch that competition. Re Survivor, I don't watch the challenges, I'm bored, I don't care to see half naked, dirty, hungry people carrying water or other things, solving puzzles etc. I just feel sorry for them more than anything else. The only thing I want to see on Big Brother and Survivor is a) the strategy and b) the social relationships. Most of the time I also skip the tribal council cause the discussion there is fake. I just get to the reading of the vote.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Interesting. I thought I was the only one. Well, I don't completely skip them, but I often FF them, unless my husband is watching because he enjoys them. Personally, I'm way more interested in the interpersonal dynamics of the show. To each his own. 

Anyway, because of this, I'm questioning how much I'll enjoy The Challenge since it sounds like it's all comps. My husband would probably enjoy it though. 

Hey, there is a lot of interpersonal too.   They live in the same house, and the alcohol seems to flow freely.   They usually have a mix of vets and new comers so there are a lot of interpersonal dynamics at play.  Also, there is voting… in the most recent  season, people were voted into elimination by a combination of the whole house and the challenge winners, and then face off 1-1 to decide who leaves. 

Todrick finally talked to press

https://toofab.com/2022/03/13/todrick-hall-breaks-silence-after-controversial-big-brother-win/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

If The Challenge has an interpersonal component as well I'll probably give it a try. 

If you can stream the last two seasons…a bunch of BB players who you will recognize.  

• Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, Melina22 said:

The Challenge has been going on since around 1999. Started off as MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge where they pitted alumni from both shows against each other in various competitions in a Real World type setting. Actually I think the first season was a bunch of Real Worlders doing a Road Rules-type format, which then morphed into real world vs road rules contestants. After several seasons in that format, they brought in some 'fresh meat' players who hadn't been on either show but had likely auditioned for them at some point and were rejected. Then they brought in players from other MTV shows like Are You the One and Ex on the Beach ((around this time it turned into just The Challenge). Then they started bringing in players from shows like BB and Survivor, and then they started casting people from international versions of all these shows just in the last few years.

They put them all in a big compound and let them squabble, fight, hook-up, and politic amongst all the elimination challenges, and there is LOTS of drama. Usually they do two or three seasons a year, it seems.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The MTV Challenge still has plenty of drama, but it's been toned down a bunch by some of the fav contestants getting older and more mature. CT especially. I don't know if they cut down on the amount of alcohol in the house, but it seems like a lot of the players just don't drink, or don't drink as much as they used to.

The CBS version is bound to be way tamer, way less physical but will probably have conversations that you can follow as the MTV version has to bleep out a lot. ETA: To clarify, I'm sure they'll have to bleep stuff out, but with the contestants coming from CBS shows they'll more conditioned to not curse as much.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I often get posts on my FB about the various meal box offers and usually scroll right on by. But this morning I saw one come across my page for EveryPlate. Guess who is hawking it?  Nicole Franzel Arroyo

On 4/9/2022 at 11:26 AM, LuvizBlind said:

I often get posts on my FB about the various meal box offers and usually scroll right on by. But this morning I saw one come across my page for EveryPlate. Guess who is hawking it?  Nicole Franzel Arroyo

Why would anyone think that voice is good for selling anything?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Those were my thoughts exactly. :)  And yes, she was very nasally and used um quite often.  She does mention Vic and reference her child though, so I suppose she may draw in their fan-base and shippers.

Edited by LuvizBlind
ETA: On second thought, I can't stand her but it got me to watch the darn thing!
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

My first thought was that I couldn't wait for my fellow feedsters to hear the news.

So, when exactly did you learn you were such a vindictive bitch?  😂

• LOL 9
(edited)
21 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

My first thought was that I couldn't wait for my fellow feedsters to hear the news.

Am I wrong, or is there some serious Uncanny Valley happening?

The dog is adorable though.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 5/12/2022 at 4:47 PM, CrazyDog said:

The entire style makes me uncomfortable, especially his sister being in a bra-style top even if I do understand it's Leia.

Except the dog. The dog is adorbs.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
pin pointed ari-leia grande being the biggest thing making me uncomfortable haha
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Are you going to get sucked in with the rest of us, peach?

I was really hoping this was gonna be the year I kicked the habit but ...

I love that it's starting in July like the old days. Hopefully that means a shorter season, which is a good start in fixing it.

• Love 1

I'm actually anticipating the new season solely for the simple fact that I'm intrigued to see what effect, if any, the cookout's success last season will have on this upcoming cast and their game play.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 4:13 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I was really hoping this was gonna be the year I kicked the habit but ...

Hahahahaha… you know you can’t quit this show.

Or us. 😏

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I love this time of year.  When the possibilities are endless and hope springs eternal that something has been done in the BB world to discourage that whole "vote with the house" bullshit.  And that the feedsters will have actual feeds to watch and recap, and not continuous fish and puppies and no house content.  And also that the hamsters won't be flaming assholes like Paul, Jack, Jackson, etc and that the whole "Bros and Hos" alliance versus the "Freaks and Geeks" non-alliance dynamic won't set up this time.  

This feeling lasts until about the second episode and a few days of reading the live feed threads.  Because, as BB shows us time and time again, the house will degenerate into middle school sniping and gossip and cliques and I'll start hate-watching, and gleefully reading the snark in the live feed threads.

But this feeling is good while it lasts!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Going to be interesting to see how BB alumni do against Survivor folks.   The Challenge makes Survivor look like a walk in the park and BB challenges aren’t in the same arena…Hall Brawl anyone?

• Love 1

Was season 23 that popular or was this their low effort way of satisfying the 50% BIPOC mandate instituted by CBS? (yes, I can be quite cynical.) And Derex's photo is high-larious. It's like they tossed a black bag over his head, threw him into the back of a van and then released him in front of a camera. Blink twice, Derex, if you are there of your own volition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Based on the show itself, they are definitely cannon fodder, lol.  Their "competitions" are usually some version of truth or dare or other such "party' games.  That said, we have no way of knowing what the contestants' actual athletic skill may be, as it was never tested on camera.  Of course, any challenges that involve identifying who kissed them while blindfolded, they have in the bag.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I don't watch Love Island - are the competitions and challenges like in the other shows? If not, those folks are likely toasty cannon fodder. 

My exposure to Love Island has been limited to occasionally seeing it (without sound) on the TVs at Planet Fitness while working out - but from what I have seen…?  
Unless the competitions involve multiple permutations on a string of Extreme Lounging challenges, I’d guess they are well and truly fucked before they start.

• Love 1

There have been some big brother alumni on The Challenge classic including Kaycee (she was co winner last year), Josh, Fessy, Amber (the one Caleb stalked and the previous season’s co winner) and more. 

I didn’t see anything mentioned, but I ran across a tweet that Derek X & Claire are currently filing the new season of The Amazing Race.

I won’t spoil anything about their placement, but the info is out there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/12/2022 at 4:47 PM, CrazyDog said:

My first thought upon seeing those photos was, "Is this dude pulling a Liberace?",  marrying someone who looks like him.

3 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Get your alliance, yo! He ain’t lying. Also, almost the whole Cookout Alliance is on this Challenge show. Can you imagine not being the one in the alliance not asked to do the show? Ouch! 

• Sad 1