Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

That was quite the awkward “expect the unexpected” wedged in to Derex’s VERY scripted video. I guess I should just be happy that they didn’t squeeze in a few of Julie’s homilies.

Ky paints just like he talks. It’s perfect, actually.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Drogo said:

And Ky continues his lifelong mission of overcomplicating what should be simple things. 

I believe Ky thinks he is BB’s answer to Jackson Pollock, and I’d be inclined to agree - assuming, of course, Jackson Pollock got ahold of some bad clams and then did a Technicolor yawn over a a nearby canvas….

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The RHAP exit interviews with Tiffany, X, Big D & Azah were interesting. Of course, Big D was still delusional as ever and even presented with evidence later on I still think he’ll be delusional. He was shocked that Tiffany won AFP and said he thinks he lost because how he treated Azah towards the end. I think he forgot the sleeping around part and calling the woman bitches left and right.  I just hate that he won $75,000. They loved Tiffany and she was as happy, nice and well thought out. She just has it. They were very sweet with Azah and she knew exactly who they were. X was sort of just there. He was a good winner but he’s very dry and not that exciting. Taran is dying to do a deep dive with Tiffany and she was game for it. Usually, he does it with the winner but I’m not really sure if he’s that into X to peruse it. Overall, they were great interviews with limited time. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I wish Taran or ANYONE would point out when these men inevitably bring up putting self interest ahead of the Cook Out that the cookout was absolutely in his and Ky's and Big D's self interest stop pretending this hurt your game in any real way.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The RHAP exit interviews with Tiffany, X, Big D & Azah were interesting. Of course, Big D was still delusional as ever and even presented with evidence later on I still think he’ll be delusional. He was shocked that Tiffany won AFP and said he thinks he lost because how he treated Azah towards the end. I think he forgot the sleeping around part and calling the woman bitches left and right.  I just hate that he won $75,000. They loved Tiffany and she was as happy, nice and well thought out. She just has it. They were very sweet with Azah and she knew exactly who they were. X was sort of just there. He was a good winner but he’s very dry and not that exciting. Taran is dying to do a deep dive with Tiffany and she was game for it. Usually, he does it with the winner but I’m not really sure if he’s that into X to peruse it. Overall, they were great interviews with limited time. 

Instead of interviewing Xavier, maybe Taran should interview Lucius.

• LOL 7

I started watching in season five, but know who won seasons two and four, and I hate that I know every single one of these peoples names (except one and three).

Also I’m still bitter about Maggie.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I started watching in season five, but know who won seasons two and four, and I hate that I know every single one of these peoples names (except one and three).

Also I’m still bitter about Maggie.

Eddie and Lisa....and now I hate myself a little for knowing all their names.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lilac2000 said:

Eddie and Lisa....and now I hate myself a little for knowing all their names.

That reminds me. I was watching an old episode of Law and Order from about 2002, and Eddie played a war vet who lost a leg. Very random. 

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

He really thinks he was a great player. "Maybe if I had won a couple more comps".  

He also takes credit for every eviction. Maybe he thought "evote" meant more than " vote to evict."

• LOL 8

I wonder who will remain friends after this season.

Tiffany will likely stay in touch with Claire, Hannah and DX

DX - Claire, Tiff, Hannah and Travis

Claire - Tiff and Hannah

Hannah - Claire, Tiff and DX

Azah - Britini, maybe X

Alyssa - Christian and X

X - Alyssa and Christian, maybe Whitney

Dunno about Ky, Derek, Britini and Whitney

• Love 1

Interview with the full CO:

https://www.etonline.com/big-brother-the-cookout-alliance-on-making-history-and-those-claims-of-reverse-racism-173092

It turns out Deref actually did (sort of) create the CO after all! Or at least they’re letting him take the credit. I liked Azah’s response to the question about reverse racism, which was basically “It’s not a thing. Next?”

Here is also a post finale interview with Julie, if you can stand her referencing God in every. Damn. Sentence.

https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-season-23-finale-julie-chen-moonves-says-xavier-is-best-winner-ever/

I disagree with her take on why Xavier won unanimously. It was not because he was the bestest ever, it was because he was sitting next to Deref

Her choices for returning players? Derex, Tiffany and Frenchie. Tiffany, yes. Derex, I think we’ve pretty much seen his whole bag of tricks already. Frenchie, please no. Didn’t we already suffer enough?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm most interested to know what happens between SB and Kyland. SB was very pissed with him. Also I would like to know how Kyland reacts to twitter in general. If anyone knows, please give us the links :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Here is also a post finale interview with Julie, if you can stand her referencing God in every. Damn. Sentence.

https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-season-23-finale-julie-chen-moonves-says-xavier-is-best-winner-ever/

Wow. That is most definitely an interview of some sort. 

"Xavier won by knowing when to lose and winning when he had to, and was liked and admired by all in the house. How many times have we ever seen that? In addition to winning all nine votes, not a single negative comment was made from any juror when it came time to insert the keys! If that's not proof of God and miracles, then what is?!"

Yes, when I think of holy miracles, I think of a lack of petty comments from a jury on a fairly trashy reality show. I'd assume she was joking, but based on the rest of the interview, maybe not. Lol.

Also this:

"My takeaway is that Azah has a healthy fear of the Lord — and that's the first step towards true wisdom. She spoke about how she did what she could to glorify Him in her actions and speech while playing this game where lying and deception are both allowed. "

I think I'll just leave the irony in that one alone. And she wants Frenchie back? I guess he was the one spot of crazy in an otherwise drama-free season, and even a holy reality TV show host knows that one's reality show cast must bring the crazy.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I wonder who will remain friends after this season.

Tiffany will likely stay in touch with Claire, Hannah and DX

DX - Claire, Tiff, Hannah and Travis

Claire - Tiff and Hannah

Hannah - Claire, Tiff and DX

Azah - Britini, maybe X

Alyssa - Christian and X

X - Alyssa and Christian, maybe Whitney

Dunno about Ky, Derek, Britini and Whitney

You forgot Brent! Oh, wait...

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Interview with the full CO:

https://www.etonline.com/big-brother-the-cookout-alliance-on-making-history-and-those-claims-of-reverse-racism-173092

It turns out Deref actually did (sort of) create the CO after all! Or at least they’re letting him take the credit. I liked Azah’s response to the question about reverse racism, which was basically “It’s not a thing. Next?”

I disagree with her take on why Xavier won unanimously. It was not because he was the bestest ever, it was because he was sitting next to Deref

Her choices for returning players? Derex, Tiffany and Frenchie. Tiffany, yes. Derex, I think we’ve pretty much seen his whole bag of tricks already. Frenchie, please no. Didn’t we already suffer enough?

Called those three weeks ago! I wouldn't be opposed to Derex playing again if he goes back and watches some more seasons. Frenchie...well, yes, we do need the requisite crazy, and no one seems to know where Sam is, so.

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Frenchie, please no. Didn’t we already suffer enough?

I thought we determined that every first week has to be a Frenchie HoH week just because of how fun and batshit the feeds were for those first two weeks that Frenchie was in the house. I am not backing down on this: Frenchie for first week HoH every season!

...then again, I think he was the reason for the hour long HR meetings HoH one-on-ones this season so maybe... nah, Frenchie for first week HoH every season!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

"Xavier won by knowing when to lose and winning when he had to, and was liked and admired by all in the house. How many times have we ever seen that? In addition to winning all nine votes, not a single negative comment was made from any juror when it came time to insert the keys! If that's not proof of God and miracles, then what is?!"

Yes, when I think of holy miracles, I think of a lack of petty comments from a jury on a fairly trashy reality show. I'd assume she was joking, but based on the rest of the interview, maybe not. Lol.

I’m fairly certain Chenbot was attempting at this point to engage a humor subroutine, but its microcode has always been a little shaky in this area….

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Social media is media of a sort.

Claire changed her bio on Instagram to add "Child of God" to it. She also took a picture of her and Christie the Clout Chaser (she came to the finale party since she's a cast member of BB23 and all) and captioned it with a shoutout to Christie's positive COVID test.

Can we find a second AFP prize kicking around in the back for Claire?

Edited by Callaphera
further details
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Christie came to the finale party with Covid? 

(For the record, I forgot about BB21 Christie [I know, how?]. This is about Bald Christie from this season. Just to avoid that confusion.)

No, no positives from the party. It was Christie's positive COVID test that got Claire her spot on the show this summer. Claire was her alternate. Christian was also an alternate.

Bald Christie has been a trip on social media. She lists herself as a cast member of BB23 even though she left one week into sequester because of her positive COVID test. She also sells Cameos for $75 and lists herself as a Big Brother Houseguest. She contacted every pre-juror when they were evicted to introduce herself as their cast member and try to get on IG Lives with them and talks like she understands what it's like to be in the Big Brother house. In the past few weeks, she was all over Twitter liking anti-Claire tweets so it's especially hilarious to see that she got an invite to the cast after party and was taking selfies with Claire.

Bald Christie has been a whole ass story herself outside the house.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yikes! I was actually thinking of BB 21 Christie. It sounds like the cast dodged a bullet by not having to deal with Bald Christie. I haven't seen a photo. Was Christie... eligible to be a member of the CO? Because if not she could have been voted out even before Frenchie! 

I'm happy we got Claire. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’m fairly certain Chenbot was attempting at this point to engage a humor subroutine, but its microcode has always been a little shaky in this area….

If the rest of the interview didn't exist in nature, I would give her the benefit of the doubt, but...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Xavier won by knowing when to lose and winning when he had to, and was liked and admired by all in the house. How many times have we ever seen that? In addition to winning all nine votes, not a single negative comment was made from any juror when it came time to insert the keys! If that's not proof of God and miracles, then what is?!"

God influences the Big Brother votes? Hey, God, we've got all kinds of crap going on that could use you help. Climate crisis, a pandemic - how about you turn off the TV and get back to the important stuff?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Christian was also an alternate.

What! We came thatclose to no hairflip? I wonder if Alyssa would have giggled with the OG? So many questions. Including why wasn’t the other guy at the party?

4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Was Christie... eligible to be a member of the CO?

I remember seeing her photo in the original cast. She had a memorably shiny bald caucasian skull. No CO invite for her. But I wonder if she’ll be gracing a future cast with her shyness and humility.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Hey, God, we've got all kinds of crap going on that could use you help. Climate crisis, a pandemic - how about you turn off the TV and get back to the important stuff?

God is in the tub! (Now there’s a classic throwback for you.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

What! We came thatclose to no hairflip? I wonder if Alyssa would have giggled with the OG? So many questions. Including why wasn’t the other guy at the party?

BB23_Garrett_Small.jpg.16ac7bb229b1704f4780929c2071aa50.jpg

They really just have an alternate for these people that is basically just their copy lol. Also, he hasn't talked about BB at all so I doubt he'd wanna go to the party. I also assumed Christie just crashed it, as opposed to being invited.

5 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'd love to know the logic behind Dan being out of order.

Probably just a mistake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Bald Christie was a one-to-one swap with Claire in terms of Big Brother casting: they're both white women who are vegans.

And East Coast big city dwellers--Christie is from Philly.  Which, hearing all the above, I'm actually feeling Deref was a better rep for my city, and someone I like better, despite his shortcomings!  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

BB23_Garrett_Small.jpg.16ac7bb229b1704f4780929c2071aa50.jpg

They really just have an alternate for these people that is basically just their copy lol. Also, he hasn't talked about BB at all so I doubt he'd wanna go to the party. I also assumed Christie just crashed it, as opposed to being invited.

Probably just a mistake.

Who is this guy?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The guy Christian replaced.

They both look like Birkenstocks, don't they? I'll die if he gets in next season because he quietly went home and didn't call himself a cast member all over social media. I think that's what Bald Christie was trying to do, make people feel sorry for her so that they would consider her for another season but then she lost the plot and Whitney started quietly dragging her on Twitter and it all turned into a shit show.

7 hours ago, HelpMeRondah said:

I bet you’re all happy to know that Kyland and @tarakellymusic reunited. 😂😂

TARA KELLY MUSIC: the 17th HG this season (but only when Ky was HoH). That's M-U-S-I-C, just in case. Ky's never kissed her. Just like Sarah Beth! (it's like a reflex at this point - I see TARA KELLY MUSIC, I shit post.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Social media bios continue to change.

On IG, Derex had added "Tiffany's Favourite Pawn" and "America's 2nd Favourite Player". Alyssa has added "The winner of the losers" (being the last non-Cookout person evicted) with a picnic basket emoji because the rest of the non-Cookout jurors are jokingly calling themselves The Picnic.

And for those that think these are coded, pointed messages at the black HGs because the others are still afraid of being cancelled... sorry. They really all like each other. Literally no one in the house is crying "Racism! I was the victim of racism!" now that they're out. Not in interviews, not on social media, not in the few fan interactions that have been reported. I'm sure that means that they're still hiding their true feelings.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

the rest of the non-Cookout jurors are jokingly calling themselves The Picnic.

That's adorable. I love how forgiving and lighthearted they're all being. I'm sure some of them will get offers for other shows. 

• Love 2