Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Julie obviously is no longer a company team member after what happened with her husband and The Talk. She can claim The Cookout’s agenda isn’t what it is but I have a feeling when the s**t hits the fan in a few weeks CBS will put out some sort of carefully worded statement expressing a certain degree of disapproval.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They won't do that.

Agreed. Some viewers are unhappy about the CO, but overall this has been a really popular season. I see positive press about it all over the place. I'm convinced CBS is very happy with the CO and think it makes their show look progressive. 

Worst case scenario for them would have been that after selecting such a diverse cast, the game was again taken over and run by a white alliance, ending with a white winner. They took so much flak for this in past seasons that they're probably breathing a sigh of relief. At the end of the day, all they care about is being a popular show with the maximum number of viewers, and in my opinion, right now they're thinking that this season is exactly what they were hoping for. 

• Love 8

I just saw over at Hamsterwatch that Celebrity BB 3 is slated for February! I know everyone here likes to trash Celebrity BB, but I love it. It's fast, and I get a close look at some celebrities (D List I admit) who I never normally see. I find it fascinating, whether I like them or not. (Probably the weirdest choice so far was Anthony Scaramucci. Bizarre to see him on BB but so weird and interesting to watch.) Sometimes I find myself quite liking people I was sure I'd hate. Sometimes it's the opposite. 

And of course, it's in February, so it's that or watch the snow pile up in my yard. I'm ready! 

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I just saw over at Hamsterwatch that Celebrity BB 3 is slated for February! I know everyone here likes to trash Celebrity BB, but I love it. It's fast, and I get a close look at some celebrities (D List I admit) who I never normally see. I find it fascinating, whether I like them or not. (Probably the weirdest choice so far was Anthony Scaramucci. Bizarre to see him on BB but so weird and interesting to watch.) Sometimes I find myself quite liking people I was sure I'd hate. Sometimes it's the opposite. 

And of course, it's in February, so it's that or watch the snow pile up in my yard. I'm ready! 

I was quite happy to see that as well, since I'm legit afraid the Olympics will be cancelled or delayed. I'm an Olympics junkie, and this past summer Olympics barely registered on my radar. 

Casting is everything though, so they could still really mess this up. Depending on who they get, I might even spring for the feeds since I will hopefully have a better phone/tablet/5G plan by then.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Claire is something else. What a legit wonderful person. Too good for this show tbh.

Not that I disagree, I loved her from the moment I saw her, but honestly what else would we have expected her to have done or said?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, himela said:

Not that I disagree, I loved [Claire] from the moment I saw her, but honestly what else would we have expected her to have done or said?

Not much; Claire’s control of her own destiny was pretty much taken out of her hands by about Week 3.  Even had Claire actively exercised her secret HoH power to change Tiffany’s noms:

1. At the least, Claire might’ve shuffled the final Block noms to include a different CO target - in which case Claire would have accomplished little more than to rearrange the CO’s planned eviction order.
  2. At the most, Claire might’ve shuffled the final Block noms to include a two CO members - in which case she would have changed the CO’s F6 plan to a F5, but the ultimate impact on the CO’s planned eviction order would have been only to delay it one week.
  3. If Claire had managed to pull off #2, she would have been the very next non-CO person targeted - resulting in her House experience being even shorter than it was.

I will say I thought Claire was going to be a BB phenom in the challenges. For some reason, I thought she be like Kelley Wenthworth from Survivor. I don’t even know if she played sports or not but she just came off as one by looks alone. There is no rhyme or reason for me thinking that. I guess I bring it up is because I think it would have helped her game. Not so much that she could have broken up the Cookout but she might have gotten an HOH or two for some power. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Maybe, she’ll be asked back but I would think Derek X or Tiffany would be in front of her for that invite. She seems like the nicest girl. 

On 9/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, Melina22 said:

Exactly! He wasn't anything like I expected. I finally could sort of understand how Drew could marry him. Sort of. 

I, too, enjoy seeing celebrities "in the natural", so to speak. Totally unscripted and for long-ish periods of time.

Tom Green is a friend of a friend and I've been fortunate to spend a fair amount of time with him in casual, candid settings. He really is a good person, warm, somewhat shy, thoughtful, kind and just a pleasure to be around. He loves dogs, too!

I've always thought the "character" of Tom Green did him no favors. I'm glad others were able to see the real Tom. I also liked his friendship with Kato Kaelin on CBB.

Am curious to see who they'll get this time around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I will say I thought Claire was going to be a BB phenom in the challenges. For some reason, I thought she be like Kelley Wenthworth from Survivor. I don’t even know if she played sports or not but she just came off as one by looks alone. There is no rhyme or reason for me thinking that. I guess I bring it up is because I think it would have helped her game. Not so much that she could have broken up the Cookout but she might have gotten an HOH or two for some power. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Maybe, she’ll be asked back but I would think Derek X or Tiffany would be in front of her for that invite. She seems like the nicest girl. 

Wentworth was a dud in her first season so maybe Claire will be much better in her second season. 

24 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I've always thought the "character" of Tom Green did him no favors. I'm glad others were able to see the real Tom. I also liked his friendship with Kato Kaelin on CBB.

This is fascinating. I used to watch him in his early days and yes, I never realized he was playing a character. This explains a lot! 

Glad to hear the Tom on CBB was a lot more like the real Tom. 

• Love 2
On 9/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, jsm1125 said:

Err, even though I don't think much of Da'Vonne as a player, Cody decided to bash her pretty hard on his podcast yesterday. He claimed that she was not at all a factor or motivation behind any of the member of the Cookout forming, which I know isn't true, and he said it with a fair bit of contempt.

What the fuck?  What a stupid weird reaction of his.

• Love 1

Most of them are cute but why do they keep treating Claire like she's some kind of clumsy, shambling giant? First Bigfoot, now Claire Bear? I wouldn't blame her for starting to feel insecure about how she appears to people 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 7

I saw a funny clip somewhere with Derek F, Hanna & Azha. Basically, Hanna & Azha were basically going on about great Derek X is and Derek F wasn’t having any of it. They were saying how funny he and this and that. Big D was fighting them on all points. Finally, asked if he was a hater which was hysterical. Big D said he isn’t a hater and that he only speaks facts. OMG! It’s killing that he’s amounted to nothing in the game and knows he ain’t going to win. It’s so funny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I saw a funny clip somewhere with Derek F, Hanna & Azha. Basically, Hanna & Azha were basically going on about great Derek X is and Derek F wasn’t having any of it. They were saying how funny he and this and that. Big D was fighting them on all points. Finally, asked if he was a hater which was hysterical. Big D said he isn’t a hater and that he only speaks facts. OMG! It’s killing that he’s amounted to nothing in the game and knows he ain’t going to win. It’s so funny.

I expect at this point:

1. DerF knows there’s no way in hell he’s winning this season.
  2. DerF sees his only remaining shot at additional big bucks beyond the stipend as AFP.
  3. DerF sees DX as his primary AFP competition, so DerF is going to rank on DX at any/every opportunity.
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ellee said:

Speaking of AFP —

Am I the only one thinking the top 3 vote getters will be DX, Claire and, depending on how much jury footage is shown, Britini?  

I’d suspect DX to be leading the pack, with Claire and Azah duking it out for 2nd and 3rd.

One of the good things about not doing anything is, that also means you’ve not done anything to piss anybody off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My take on the comics: 

1. Why is Ky wearing a kilt plus what looks like a turtle shell? I get the Kylander/ Highlander part (which is dumb). But is he also part Ninja Turtle?
  2. Tiffany’s robot toes look weird and stunted. Like a sawn-off seashell. But I’m sure she loved the concept.
  3. X looks unnervingly sinister. But as far as BB comics go, it’s fine, I guess.
  4. Clam Chaddah? Really, is that the best you can do? At least she looks good. But why is she harassing that poor fish man from The Shape of Water?
  5. Deref: Hahaha, I’m guessing this pissed him off, so I love it. I’m sure he expected something that showed him pulling all the weight.
  6. Wizard of Oz-ah. Another dumb pun. But I guess that’s what happens when you don’t give them anything to work with. Anyway, it’s flattering, so good for her.
  7. Alyssa, SB, Whitney, Brent: Fine, whatever, who cares.
  8. Claire: I thought this was cute. Tiff and Hannah called her Claire Bear as an affectionate nickname, so the character makes sense to me. I don’t know how she can crush anyone considering she’s not even as tall as that guy’s knees, but I’m sure she can charm them to death.
  9. I know they get a copy to frame as art, and the portrait hanging on Derex’s wall for the rest of time will be him as Bathroom Guy, holding a plunger. Leading an army of toilets. <sigh> Poor Derex. Always gets the shit end of the stick. Literally, this time.
  10. Christian’s is dumb, but good on them for incorporating a Hairflip. (Do they read these boards?)
  11. I don’t get Britini’s. Or Travis’s. Or Frenchie’s. What, his name is Frenchie so his superpower is shooting French Fries?? I guess early boots just aren’t worth the effort.
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Clam Chaddah? Really, is that the best you can do? At least she looks good. But why is she harassing that poor fish man from The Shape of Water?

Personally I thank God at least ONE other person on the planet is as twisted a fuck as me because every time Hannah was referenced by her last name, I couldn’t help but have the last line of this particular scene flash through my head:

https://youtu.be/_SKdN1xQBjk

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Christian’s is dumb, but good on them for incorporating a Hairflip. (Do they read these boards?)

If there was a giggle in there somewhere, we would know for sure. So close!

Hey, has there been any news about Christian's plan to ride his bicycle from Connecticut to the studio on finale night? I heard he held a meet and greet - I think it was in a grocery store or something? The parking lot? I can't quite remember. Christian is seriously a treat outside of the house. Dumb as a post but wholesome as fuck.

• LOL 1

I think Frenchie's is for the people who gave him different names based on his last name. If you look at his belt you can see a bottle of French Dressing and a French press. I would have liked to see a Poodle in the background.

I liked Derek F's and Brent's the best. Don't know why there are cars with cracked windshields in his, unless that's showing the power of his snores.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

DX and Claire I can see.  Britni?  Why Britni..... not trying to be mean, just curious.

Britini did get the 100 BB Bucks. Plus, she has a bit of a TikTok following apparently. But I think she probably went too early to be in the running for AFP.

9 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’d suspect DX to be leading the pack, with Claire and Azah duking it out for 2nd and 3rd.

I can't see Azah getting AFP at all. She only got 50 BB Bucks every week.

I think Derex and Claire are pretty much locks for Top 3. I could see the other spot going to Brit, Deref, X, or Tiff. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Britini did get the 100 BB Bucks. Plus, she has a bit of a TikTok following apparently. But I think she probably went too early to be in the running for AFP.

Agreement.

I can't see Azah getting AFP at all. She only got 50 BB Bucks every week.

Azah was almost an afterthought, but I included her in the AFP running for two reasons!

1. Unlike pretty much everybody else in the running for AFP, Azah is still in front of the cameras; that continuing exposure to the AFP-voting public can be a massive advantage - assuming she doesn’t screw up the #2 factor.
  2. Like some floaters and most coasters, Azah is currently languishing in BB purgatory; not enough good game to get Jury votes, but likewise not enough bad game for anyone to hate her.  The former dooms Azah in terms of winning, but the latter can be a significant bonus for her when viewers start voting for AFP.

I think Derex and Claire are pretty much locks for Top 3. I could see the other spot going to Brit, Deref, X, or Tiff. 

If X is in Jury come finale night, I’d be inclined to agree.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

DX and Claire I can see.  Britni?  Why Britni..... not trying to be mean, just curious.

I just was thinking Britni because she and DX seem to be having fun in jury and keeping it light.  I don’t know. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Whenever they mentioned Frenchie I thought "Franch Fries!"

I.  FREAKING.  LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!  It's so utterly ridiculous but I laugh my ass off every time I see it.  Two dollars!!  You owe me two dollars!!!  Love.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, cartoqueen said:

I.  FREAKING.  LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!  It's so utterly ridiculous but I laugh my ass off every time I see it.  Two dollars!!  You owe me two dollars!!!  Love.

Gee - I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.

😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Gee - I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.

😆

Go that way, really fast.  If something gets in your way - TURN.*

I love you guys so much.  I can't believe I'm not the only weirdo on earth to geek out on that movie.

*Charles, teaching John Cusack to ski

Edited by cartoqueen
Got my Curtis Armstrong characters mixed up
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

If X is in Jury come finale night, I’d be inclined to agree.

Isn't even the F2 up for AFP now? Tyler won. I mean, obviously Grodner changed the rules just so he'd win but I'm assuming maybe they're keeping those rules now so it isn't so obvious that that's why they changed them in BB20 lol.

• Useful 1

Xavier might be the hottest, but is he a fan favourite?  Twitter seems kind of negative about him because they prefer the women in the Cookout and the impression is that he's a dictator?  I don't know.  He seems kind of boring, coming from someone who just watches the episodes and not the feeds.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Isn't even the F2 up for AFP now? Tyler won. I mean, obviously Grodner changed the rules just so he'd win but I'm assuming maybe they're keeping those rules now so it isn't so obvious that that's why they changed them in BB20 lol.

You’re right; guess I’m just not yet accustomed to taking that rule “adjustment” into account.

1 hour ago, cartoqueen said:

Go that way, really fast.  If something gets in your way - TURN.*

I love you guys so much.  I can't believe I'm not the only weirdo on earth to geek out on that movie.

*Charles, teaching John Cusack to ski

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE STREET VALUE OF THIS MOUNTAIN IS!?!?!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Last season, Julie only announced the Top 2 vote getters for AFP.

This season, I can't see any HG over taking DX and Claire.

There's also a certain amount of viewer fatigue with the CO.

So if there is a filler 3rd slot, I can see someone like Britni over Azah.  She's been rewarded enough for riding the coat tails of her alliance.

Edited by tealeaves
6 hours ago, Melina22 said:

In my family we quote this on a regular basis. 

Same.

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Ok, you guys have worn me down. I guess I have a movie to add to my Watch List.

You’re welcome.

4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Actually, it's been many years since I last saw it. I need to watch it again too. 

We have it on DVD.

• Love 1