Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Stumbled across this the other day.  Methinks IMDB is getting its Helen Kims mixed up, because I’m preeeeetty sure these two are NOT the same person….  😁

Helen_Kim_BB.webp.3bc25149bba1ad6e66c38200693986ac.webp   Helen_Kim_KB2.thumb.png.4ecc8f0eb5aed63679f6bcc570012d7c.png

#Helenshotgunnedthebitchwhopushedher

Edited by Nashville
Arrangement
On 1/27/2023 at 8:26 AM, peachmangosteen said:

They stayed together as long as they did so they could milk their fans for money lol. 

While Kyle may have put in the hard work necessary to get himself identified - temporarily, at least - as the poster boy for casual racism, I’m hard-put to see how that offers much in the way of opportunities for immediate monetization.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, they weren't gonna let go of that revenue lol.

And not just revenue (although there IS a direct relationship); if BB loses the feeds, it loses its identity.  The feeds are the primary unique characteristic which distinguishes BB from every other reality tv show; Expect the Unexpected® notwithstanding, it’s got no other themes or gimmicks.  Lose the 24/7 access, and the audience is left watching a bunch of oddballs arguing social politics in a set resembling a poorly constructed house - and who thinks THAT’S gonna bring in the viewers in droves?  🙄

• Like 6
On 3/9/2023 at 2:59 PM, Lamb18 said:

Big Brother feeds is the only TV I watch during the work day.

End of memo to co-workers: "With all that being said, I have decided.....not to use this vendor for our office supplies."

So apparently Liana and Pooya from RHAP who met each other during Rob's search for live feeders got married. I'm so happy for them, Liana has always been my favorite live feeder, apart from Taran of course. Now I've come to like all of them. Congratulations Liana and Pooya, I wish you all the best 💓

19 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

So apparently Liana and Pooya from RHAP who met each other during Rob's search for live feeders got married. I'm so happy for them, Liana has always been my favorite live feeder, apart from Taran of course. Now I've come to like all of them. Congratulations Liana and Pooya, I wish you all the best 💓

Oh, good - I was afraid it might be someone I knew.  😉

• LOL 2
On 2/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, 30 Helens said:

That is one insanely good looking couple.

They're history, donezo as a couple.  Taylor and Joseph have announced splitsville.  Hardly a surprise - I always saw their "coupling" more as for PR - to milk the media after the show.

There have been rumblings from fans that they're on The Amazing Race.  Duuno.  Both weren't really very good at comps on BB.  

• Like 3

It’s not a surprise for me, either— but not because I think they were together for PR. (I have no idea about that.) It’s because they are in their early 20s and relationships at that age tend to last about as long as an uncorked bottle of wine in my kitchen. I wish them both well, and I’m sure it won’t take either of them long to find a new partner. (Call me, Joseph.)

• LOL 7
On 4/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, 30 Helens said:

It’s not a surprise for me, either— but not because I think they were together for PR. (I have no idea about that.) It’s because they are in their early 20s and relationships at that age tend to last about as long as an uncorked bottle of wine in my kitchen. I wish them both well, and I’m sure it won’t take either of them long to find a new partner. (Call me, Joseph.)

She's 28, he's 25.  So I don't know about early 20s.

They had a showmance.  Remember she also hooked up with Monte.  But real life is not the BB house.  And once the PR of the season died down, they likely didn't have anything else.  Same with Kyle and Alyssa.

• Like 3

I hadn't heard that Taylor and Joseph broke up. 

On 4/22/2023 at 3:20 PM, inandout said:

I always saw their "coupling" more as for PR

I think that's true on Taylor's side, but Joseph seemed really into her, strange as it seems, since she had just slept with Monte.  But he didn't seem to mind that, which makes me think he was really in love.  Taylor seems to like the attention of men (I remember her laying over the pool table with the guys on the first day in the house), and maybe Joseph just got tired of it.

2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I hadn't heard that Taylor and Joseph broke up. 

I think that's true on Taylor's side, but Joseph seemed really into her, strange as it seems, since she had just slept with Monte.  But he didn't seem to mind that, which makes me think he was really in love.  Taylor seems to like the attention of men (I remember her laying over the pool table with the guys on the first day in the house), and maybe Joseph just got tired of it.

I don't think he was in love with her. It was just having fun.  The fact that she hooked up with another guy was a red flag that Jaylor was never a serious couple.

BTW, Monte, Alyssa, Ameerah are competing on Season 2 of CBS's The Challenge, which is currently filming.  Joseph is an alternate.

• Like 4

alice in wonderland sigh GIF

Someone on Twitter asked if her husband had found god yet. Then EvelDick replied to that person by saying it wasn't god her husband found when he locked his office door....

I would have turned to a really good divorce attorney instead of religion especially knowing in addition to what what he did to his victims he then went on to control the narrative and do what he could to ruin their careers. All of this pertains to BB because of her being the host and the fact that she's done things like sending bibles to past contestants for example since being "enlightened".

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
(edited)

I just had a thought -- I feel like CBS might push Big Brother into August so that it can cover the holes in the Fall schedule caused by the writer's strike. What do you guys think?

ETA: For reference, the pandemic season aired August 5 – October 28, 2020

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Makes sense; it's also not THAT late. It's only late by about a week. Last season started July 6th, 23 started July 7th (and ending at the very end of September) and 22 started around August. Season 21 was the last season that started in June, and that was when they had the 99 day season.

At least we're still getting a shorter season. I'm very glad they went away with the 99 day season, because those were always JUST too long to keep entertained by.

• Like 1

They already announced that Survivor and The Amazing Race will be on Wednesdays so I wonder if they'll go back to the Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday schedule for BB. That would actually be a nice change though so they probably won't lol.

• Like 3
On 5/19/2023 at 11:26 AM, Hanahope said:

Yeah that definitely looks like writers strike fallout.

I agree, they must be trying to fill the fall schedule. (Is sweeps still a thing?) I don’t want Survivor/TAR/BB all on the same day, though. Too much to watch. I second Peach’s schedule.

• Like 1