Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

So far I see nothing that would make me want to watch .

Drita?  Lance Bass?  I am so in!  Little wary about Tiffany and Natalie - both have been fame whores on many shows.  What the hell is Dog the Bounty Hunter going to do in the house?

Damn it!  See you all on kick-off night.

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Again, that site is not credible. It's trash.

Good point!

Just saw the ET vids and I have to say that Raven is still toeing the scammer line and Matt seemed to be a bit wary of maybe the scam is true.  Who am I kidding, he'll still hit it.

Paul's vid on ET was so off.  I kind of want to slap him but I am not a physical person.  He is going with the bitter jury and has no take on his own screw ups.  He still is pedaling the story that he was true and he was the only one playing the game.  Josh played too but did it better.  I really don't think he knows we all saw what he did.  Oh and he is willing to go into the house again.

Just rewatched Paul on Robhasawebsite and he is very mad at Josh and, in so many words, thinks Josh cheated or double crossed him.  He has never been a fan of the show and said he has no idea what happens in the jury house or the Will and the jury.  How can he not have watched his first year?  That is his own mistake.  Josh remarked that he liked the way that Derrick did his goodbye messages and replicated them.  Good move!

Edited by jumper sage
Paul is delusional
  • Love 11

thanks.

I was pretty annoyed with Matt, wondering why did he even bother applying for BB if he wasn't going to do anything (other than Raven).  In response to Will, Matt said he thought he'd do much better in the physical comps, acknowledging that he really wasn't into the mental comps.  But then when he sucked so much at the comps, he couldn't do anything else because he wasn't interested in a social or back-stabbing game.  You shouldn't go on the show if you have no intention of lying at some point, you can't succeed in the show by physical comps alone.  Which, of course, makes me annoyed with BB casting that they cast a guy who was so one dimensional.  I swear they'd better not bring back this lump of cereal to another season.

All these interview of Paul saying he didn't know what more he could have done.  The problem, you numbnut, was that you did too much, not that it wasn't enough.  Until Paul realizes that he screwed his own pooch, he'll never do better.  That said, it would be interesting to see him on Survivor.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I was pretty annoyed with Matt, wondering why did he even bother applying for BB if he wasn't going to do anything (other than Raven).  In response to Will, Matt said he thought he'd do much better in the physical comps, acknowledging that he really wasn't into the mental comps.

Yes - my first impression of Matt was that he wasn't bad looking, seemed like he could be interesting. 

It didn't take him long to blow that up.  Zero personality, less than average intelligence, no self-awareness at all.   I bet his friends and family are giving him a tough time about what an idiot he was on the show. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes - my first impression of Matt was that he wasn't bad looking, seemed like he could be interesting. 

It didn't take him long to blow that up.  Zero personality, less than average intelligence, no self-awareness at all.   I bet his friends and family are giving him a tough time about what an idiot he was on the show. 

Let's not forget the "drawer of disgust".

• Love 8

A number of us from the Finding Prince Charming forums are pretty sure Lance Bass is some sort of animatronic.   I don't think it's fair for someone who isn't going to need food or sleep and who isn't going to have to deal with emotions to be playing this game.  IMO, of course (about animatronics being allowed to play, not about Lance Bass being a robot.  He's definitely a robot).

• Love 7

Natalie and New York on the same show, that might be interesting.  Mainly because they would either get along really well or want to kill each other.  Also, Natalie does run L.A. so there is that.

• Love 2

In an interview, Raven said that BB asked Matt and her to be on Celebrity BB!  This is where Matt has to start believing she is a compulsive liar.  Has to. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

In an interview, Raven said that BB Matt and her to be on Celebrity BB!  This is where Matt has to start believing she is a compulsive liar.  Has to. 

Saying anybody in this cast "has to" achieve a functional level of cognition flies in the face of virtually everything we've been shown over the course of the past three months.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Saying anybody in this cast "has to" achieve a functional level of cognition flies in the face of virtually everything we've been shown over the course of the past three months.

Ya got me there! 

• Love 3

I haven't looked at this in detail, so I don't know if it's real or verified (and I don't really know anything about how AMAs work), but apparently Megan is doing an AMA on reddit.

Interesting that everyone knew she was a vet before she left.

• Love 2

ETA:  Huh.  She says they get $1K / week.  At 24 hours/day, 7 days a week, that's about $5.95/hour, which is a lot less than minimum wage.    Money is money, and I suppose we could debate whether sleeping while being filmed constitutes working (I'd say it does), but I still feel that's not near enough money.  I guess that's why I'll never be on a reality show, because I'd be shouting, "Pay me my minimum wage!"*

*There must be some exception to minimum wage rules here that CBS is using.  Maybe when I have time, I'll go research what it is.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

ETA:  Huh.  She says they get $1K / week.  At 24 hours/day, 7 days a week, that's about $5.95/hour, which is a lot less than minimum wage.    Money is money, and I suppose we could debate whether sleeping while being filmed constitutes working (I'd say it does), but I still feel that's not near enough money.  I guess that's why I'll never be on a reality show, because I'd be shouting, "Pay me my minimum wage!"*

*There must be some exception to minimum wage rules here that CBS is using.  Maybe when I have time, I'll go research what it is.

They may officially pay them more, but there's probably something in the contract that says they relinquish part of their salary for living rent-free in the BB house & Jury House, plus meals.  Really, I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

They may officially pay them more, but there's probably something in the contract that says they relinquish part of their salary for living rent-free in the BB house & Jury House, plus meals.  Really, I wouldn't put it past them.

You're probably right.  That's a very common technique in the entertainment industry -- paying someone, but charging back "expenses," so that they end up getting paid a lot less.

12 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

You make valid points about minimum wage rules. Even so, it’s probably still more than most of them make in a week at their regular jobs.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, backformore said:

$1k a week when housing and food are provided, is pretty good money.

Sure, it's good money.  But what's bugging me is this isn't a 40-hour or even a 60-hour/week job.  Let's say I estimate the food/housing costs to be around $500/week (that's a bit high, IMO, but I'll just use that for now).  That makes their effective wage $1500/week.   $1500/week is good money, I'm not disputing that.  But from an hourly perspective, that's only $ 8.93/hour (@ 24 hours/day, 7 days/wk), which is still below minimum wage.  If I'm working, I want my effective salary to be more than minimum wage, which is why I'd never be on reality TV.  I suppose I should be grateful, though, that there are people out there willing to go on TV and act the fool for my viewing pleasure at this salary.

3 hours ago, backformore said:

And I assume they are independent contractors, not hourly employees.

They may not be hourly employees - they could be exempt employees, but I don't see how they can be classified as independent contractors under either CA or Fed rules.  That's not really my area of expertise, though, so feel free to add salt grains.

ETA:  If they are "charging back" expenses like food to the HGs, then I wonder if that's why so many of them seem so happy to go on slop all the time.  Maybe the charge-back for slop is lower and they get more cash in their hand at the end whenever they're on slop.  Just idle speculation on my part, though.

Edited by MrHufflepuff

So, Jess and Cody just took off a little while ago on TAR. I will put this Tweet in spoilers, as it does show another team next to Jody:

Spoiler

There's already many videos and pictures of the two on Twitter; it seems like a whole group of fans went to cheer them on.

ETA: 

Meanwhile, on another reality show called MTV's Challenge, there are four BB18 alumni who will be appearing on the show. These people are Victor, Natalie, Corey, and Michelle. Interesting four choices, I will admit. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Meanwhile, on another reality show called MTV's Challenge, there are four BB18 alumni who will be appearing on the show. These people are Victor, Natalie, Corey, and Michelle. Interesting four choices, I will admit. 

That may be the first time Corey has ever had the word "interesting" applied to him.  But, speaking of Corey (via Sucks) (and possibly NSFW) ...

2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

From Twitter and Instagram:

Jillian, James Rhine, Jackie and Britney (BB16) are all safe. Seems Britney was there when it happened.

Good to hear.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

That may be the first time Corey has ever had the word "interesting" applied to him.  But, speaking of Corey (via Sucks) (and possibly NSFW) ...

Good to hear.

That's the most intelligent Corey has ever sounded.

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Would this still have happened if Cody hadn't won AFP?

This is why I voted for Cameron.  He wasn't on the show long enough for me to either like him or hate him.  Plus, I wasn't voting for someone that I didn't like just to give a middle finger to this past season of suck a.k.a. the Summer of Paul. 

Unless people truly liked Cody, I think having him win AFP was a huge mistake.

Yes. TAR already contacted Jessica about it before the finale. Cody found out while in jury, I'm not sure exactly when (the rumours of Jody being on TAR started a week before the finale), probably to give him the choice on whether he wanted to do it. That was long before AFP. Jody was a popular couple. They garnered attention, whether it was negative or positive. I mean, look at Rachel/Brendon, who appeared on TAR twice. I didn't personally like the couple, but I can see why they were invited on. For Jody, them going straight into TAR shortly after BB gives the show some buzz. They're still at the height of their popularity, which will die down long before BB20 starts, possibly around CBB, so that's probably why they rushed them into it. 

• Love 2
On 10/2/2017 at 2:24 PM, icemiser69 said:

Would this still have happened if Cody hadn't won AFP?

Yes - it was a done deal on Jessica's eviction because Julie said she wanted to see them do Amazing Race.

On 10/1/2017 at 3:27 PM, Lady Calypso said:

This intrigues me a lot.... so much that I will probably watch.... but I don't understand it!  

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

She was good, see why they asked her back. Wasn't campy like normal appearances.

Yes, very good!  Thinking back to Paul's appearance as the florist.  He was terrible.  

4 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Just saw a comment from Evel Dick on Twitter, apparently Raven is threatening fans with lawsuits. 

LOL.

I don't even know what to say to that. I guess, since Matt left her last week and went back home, she's been lonely.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I went to check that out, it sounds like there was a RavenExposed hashtag and its most active members (including I guess the author of the below) have seemingly disappeared from social media, as if ceast and desist orders were issued. 

Here's some fun stuff about Raven and her Munchausen-by-proxy MENSA momma.

Wow. That story came out in July...I imagine if ppl had read it, and contributed that they were PO'd at seeing her in the house complaining, yet doing well enough. Also not throwing up X 14 per day. Thx for sharing that clickable link. 

• Love 3