Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Jel said:

Anyone expecting to see BB celebs like Will, Dan, Derrick on this? 

I believe Julie or someone said that there would be no former BB houseguests on Celeb BB, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I mean if they have a hard time getting people they might just go with former players.

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I believe Julie or someone said that there would be no former BB houseguests on Celeb BB, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I mean if they have a hard time getting people they might just go with former players.

I can see them getting Survivor alums but none from BB.  

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

That particular shade of green 

Follow-up: I knew that particular shade of green struck a memory chord with me, but it took a bit to pin it down.

Back in the mid-1960s, it was Chevy’s default factory paint* on their 1/2-ton pickup trucks.

Never knew the actual name of the shade, but everybody in our neck of the woods called it “Goat Vomit Green”.

* Back in the dim recesses of the Paleointernet Era, people couldn’t google different auto dealerships for cars with the exact make/model/color/engine/stereo/cupholder-count desired...

• Rich people ordered direct from the factory, through the dealership; they got to specify everything - color, options, etc.
  • Poor people drove around 3-4 different dealerships, chose from what was available, and bought off the lot.

...which meant each year the manufacturers would crank out tons of vehicles to be pushed down to the dealerships for the poor folk to buy.  Thing is, they didn’t have any specs - so bunches of dealer-targeted vehicles were manufactured as cheaply as possible.  And for a decade or so, the paint shops of the GM Chevy Trucks divisions apparently had a MASSIVE overstock of Goat Vomit Green paint (I’m betting they got it cheap).

Given a choice, no sane person would willingly select this gawdawful shade; nevertheless, you’d find thousands of them running around the rural backroads for years to come.  

My grandfather had one.  :)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think they'll have trouble getting people for this. I mean, there's like five casts of different Housewives shows. Lisa Rinna will do anything to make a buck. Then you have the "Hey, remember me?"s like Lance Bass that will do almost anything to make a buck. Then you have the Andy Dicks of the world, that will beg CBS to let them make a buck. 

I don't think we'll have former players in the cast, but I wouldn't be surprised if they trot out Derrick or someone for a comp or live shows. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why do you want to hurt me?!

It's okay.  Come sit next to me and I will talk you down.  :^)

17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I don't think they'll have trouble getting people for this. I mean, there's like five casts of different Housewives shows. Lisa Rinna will do anything to make a buck. Then you have the "Hey, remember me?"s like Lance Bass that will do almost anything to make a buck. Then you have the Andy Dicks of the world, that will beg CBS to let them make a buck. 

I don't think we'll have former players in the cast, but I wouldn't be surprised if they trot out Derrick or someone for a comp or live shows. 

LOL  I agree.  I don't think they had trouble finding a cast for 18 days.  Julie said no BB alums.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why do you want to hurt me?!

Heh. I think it hurts all of us. I wrote that and I still made a VICTIM NOISE at the thought. 

It just isn't a season of Big Brother until I ruin someone's day. I'll mark that off the To Do list. Next up, Kathy stuck in the caramel jokes! She might still be there...

7-12-2010-big-brother-08.jpg

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm not finding it anywhere.  Is it pay for tv?  Help!!!

BB:US Celebrity edition (is there a better acronym yet?) doesn't start until February 7th.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Heh. I think it hurts all of us. I wrote that and I still made a VICTIM NOISE at the thought. 

It just isn't a season of Big Brother until I ruin someone's day. I'll mark that off the To Do list. Next up, Kathy stuck in the caramel jokes! She might still be there...

7-12-2010-big-brother-08.jpg

BB:US Celebrity edition (is there a better acronym yet?) doesn't start until February 7th.

I looked under everything but no luck.  I'll wait til the first of Feb then try.  Thank you!

On 1/19/2018 at 7:45 AM, Ananayel said:

I read somewhere that the roof wasn't necessarily for privacy, but because weather caused a problem in the other winter season they'd done. That could have been BS though.

I think it’s more cuz this is such a condensed season-  They don’t really have much time to spare if they can’t do a comp. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
19 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think it’s more cuz this is such a condensed season-  They don’t really have much time to spare if they can’t do a comp. 

Last season proved that you don't really need comps to determine what happens in the house week to week, so long as you have a Paul to fawn over. I'm sure the comp people that came up with the ideas and made them happen think the same thing. (Me? Still bitter about last season? Noooo. Not at all... *grumbles about a woman with a broken leg winning a foot race*)

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

Commercials have officially started hitting the Canadian channel (Global) advertising for the new season. Or at least, I saw my first one during the six o'clock news last night. And the cast is so fantastic that they can't tell us who is going to be in the house!

Well, no shit. No one knows the cast yet, though I'm sure AG is already pasting pictures of her favourite on her Trapper Keeper and drawing hearts about their faces.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

From Big Brother Access on facebook:

Calling all #CelebBB fans, make sure to tune into the #Grammys tonight for the first look at the houseguests. Once they announce the list, we'll be posting it to Bigbrotheraccess.com, but if you want to see it as it happens, watch tonight's Grammys broadcast.

Edited by peachmangosteen

The list is out.

In addition to the Apprentice alum/former Trump administration aide [Omarosa], the celeb cast includes Real Housewife Brandi Glanville, former Cosby kid Keisha Knight Pulliam, Tony winner Marisa Jaret Winokur, MMA star Chuck Liddell, former NBA All-Star Metta World Peace fka Ron Artest, Miss Universe 2015 Ariadna Gutiérrez, actress/poker pro Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie), E!’s Ross Matthews and actor/singer James Maslow (Big Time Rush).

Let's see how many names I recognize....hmm....I recognize 3 names! And out of those three names, I care about...oh, look, none of them. 

• Love 7

I adore Ross Matthews, but Omarosa? Brandi Glanville? To quote the incomparable Chance from I Love NY, "Oh, in the hell no!" This is a terrible cast, and here I'd gotten my hopes up. Oh well, Olympics it is!

• Love 4

It's a respectable group of celebrities. Certainly not a GOOD list by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's also honestly more impressive than I figured. My wife doesn't know a whole lot of celebrities and she knew most of the people on the list (well, I had to explain a couple of them - like she didn't know "Ross Matthews," but knew "Ross the intern from The Tonight Show"). I expected it to be, like, all Housewives but some of these people are actually famous. 

Some of them are even actual working actors (like Marissa Jaret Winokur - who might be one of the smartest actresses ever on one of these things)!

That said, yes, this group of celebrities WILL be awful, of course, but I don't think that there was any chance of a group of celebrities that wouldn't be awful. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 3

Well, this is easy. I'm all in on Shannon Elizabeth and Keisha Knight Pulliam, I want Omarosa to be completely shunned by everyone, I want Brandy Glanville to be booted as soon as possible, and I will enjoy the hell out of these live feeds. This has trainwreck written all over it. Good times.

• Love 4

I like Ross and he’s a huge fan of BB...at least he used to be. He interviewed houseguests on some show years back. The others I have no idea if they know anything about the show. Omarosa definitely surprises me...this could be interesting. Can’t wait to get it started. 

1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

I will only watch if there is a promise of when Omarosa enters the house, there is a loop of Robin Roberts' "Bye Felicia" playing.  I'll even help CBS and ABC negotiate on that. 

I'd be satisfied if Zingbot drops by in week one, stands on the Sky Bridge and drops the world's smallest piece of plaster cement on Omarosa's head. 

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Judging from how often I used to hear Sugar Ray songs on the radio and see that smarmy jerk (it's all in the facial expressions) on Extra! or whatever it was, shouldn't he have a tidy little nest egg so he and his frosted tips don't have to bother us again?

Can he harass us by singing his own songs on the feeds or will we get the traditional "Stop singing!" and feed blackout? I'm assuming blackout, though if not, I will pay off whoever is running the blackout button to smack it like it owes them money and the rent is due. We'll start a GoFundMe.

Man, this cast. It's better than I thought and yet worse. I need Brandi Glanville to get into a hair pulling nail scratching fight with Miss Universe and Shannon Elizabeth over who brought the tiara into the house and why the hell are you wearing it, you bitch.

Ross Matthews is going to make me regret headphones this season. God, that voice. 

It's official. I hate them all. It really will be a season of Big Brother for me. Aww, Show. It's almost like you care!

• Love 9

I am fairly positive that Brandi and Omarosa will hate each other.   Each one of them brings the drama and attitude, and they will clash.   Brandi will probably try to buddy up to Mark McGrath.  I think she already knows Ross Matthews.

I truly think that there is a master list out there somewhere, consisting of not-too-famous public personalities who are willing to appear on reality shows.  And that list has been in existence for over 15 years, with new people added to it periodically.  And people from that master list are used in any and all reality shows on any network (including Food Network) that have "celebrity editions."  They just keep pulling from the same list, so we end up seeing many of the same people on many different reality shows over many years.  The shows could be about cooking, about therapy, about addiction, about competitions and games, about becoming The Apprentice, about living in a house together, about living in a jungle together, about couple swapping, about house remodeling/decorating, etc.  Whatever the subject is, the producers and casting people just keep going back to The List.

The only shock about this cast is that Andy Dick, Vince Neil, Dennis Rodman and Janice Dickinson are not part of it.  If poor David Cassidy (RIP) were alive, he might have made it in.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I truly think that there is a master list out there somewhere, consisting of not-too-famous public personalities who are willing to appear on reality shows. 

Well, I mean, a lot of these shows use the same casting agent, so that's effectively the same thing, right? The casting agents likely know who's up for stuff like this. 

According from EW, 5 were previously on Dancing with the Stars and 4 on Celebrity Apprentice.  Add Ross the Intern and the woman who was Miss Universe for about a minute because Steve Harvey effed up the results...  more famous a cast than I expected.  Good?  Not sure.  Especially Omarosa.  Question is:  will Trump now be tweeting about the show?

Well, I think its a big list of who?  Yeah, I recognize Omarosa, but I have no desire to watch her.  I know the Cosby kid, and that's about it.  Maybe I'd recognize their face...maybe, but this cast certainly does not excite me.  Whether I watch will depend on what's going on at the time, but so far, definitely not 'must see tv.'

• Love 2

Much better cast than unexpected! 

There are too many people named Sugar Ray and now it appears to be a TV show with McGrath hosting, too.  Don't know what that is about.  

I am thrilled to see Ohmarosa  and Brandi on the list.   It won't take long to build the drama.  Excellent.  

ETA. Ha! Sugar Ray is a damn band! And it is not the Mark McGrath who won Celebrity Apprentice. 

Edited by Wings
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Man, this cast. It's better than I thought and yet worse.

Right!

It's official. I hate them all. It really will be a season of Big Brother for me. Aww, Show. It's almost like you care!

It really is kinda comforting tbh.

All I want from this is loads of entertaining drama and I feel like this cast almost guarantees that, so I'm tentatively excited.

Oh, an updated schedule from Big Brother Wiki. Is it sad that I printed this out to hang on my wall?

DUrL9d9VQAAACp5.jpg:large

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right!

All I want from this is loads of entertaining drama and I feel like this cast almost guarantees that, so I'm tentatively excited.

Really?  I’m tentatively whodafukisdat’ed, but to each their own.

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, an updated schedule from Big Brother Wiki. Is it sad that I printed this out to hang on my wall?

Overwhelming YES.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right!

Well, thanks for posting this here, because it's the only way I'll actually keep up with the schedule. That being said, TAR is on at the same time as the CBB premiere so I will be watching TAR instead. The Thursday episode is out of the question because I have other things to watch. But maybe I'll watch the Friday episodes live? Likely, I'll watch the Sunday episodes live, since there's nothing on in that timeslot, and Mondays are also out of the question. 

I have a question to ask myself: how in the world did I manage to watch BB:OTT last fall when all my non-reality shows were on at that time? I don't even KNOW. It's going to be interesting to see how much I watch of CBB. I remember saying that I wouldn't watch BB:OTT, and look what happened.

12 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's a respectable group of celebrities. Certainly not a GOOD list by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's also honestly more impressive than I figured. My wife doesn't know a whole lot of celebrities and she knew most of the people on the list (well, I had to explain a couple of them - like she didn't know "Ross Matthews," but knew "Ross the intern from The Tonight Show"). I expected it to be, like, all Housewives but some of these people are actually famous. 

Some of them are even actual working actors (like Marissa Jaret Winokur - who might be one of the smartest actresses ever on one of these things)!

That said, yes, this group of celebrities WILL be awful, of course, but I don't think that there was any chance of a group of celebrities that wouldn't be awful. 

Marissa Jaret Winokur is a hilarious person too. I adore her.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm saying nothing about how I'm keeping track of it in my day planner. Absolutely nothing. Because a sane person would never do that and I'm perfectly sane.

You can stop laughing now.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, thanks for posting this here, because it's the only way I'll actually keep up with the schedule. That being said, TAR is on at the same time as the CBB premiere so I will be watching TAR instead.

How does that work - aren't they both on CBS? 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, gunderda said:

How does that work - aren't they both on CBS? 

You saying that actually made me double check the TAR schedule. I guess TAR is being moved to 9pm instead of 8pm during that time.

Damnit; I needed an excuse not to watch on Wednesdays.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'll have to hang it on my cubicle wall. The head of my division is in town this week - it will show him where my head is at.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Something that's really surprising to me is that they didn't cast any Youtubers. And that they only really cast 1 person with younger audience appeal.

It took me a second to realize who you were talking about (James Maslow, right? Or did you mean Miss Universe For A Hot Second? Shit, I guess I'm still confused) because I guess I'm old now, since my initial reaction was "Right! Keisha Knight Pulliam is on this season." Because Cosby kid = forever young in my mind?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

According from EW, 5 were previously on Dancing with the Stars and 4 on Celebrity Apprentice.  Add Ross the Intern and the woman who was Miss Universe for about a minute because Steve Harvey effed up the results...  more famous a cast than I expected.  Good?  Not sure.  Especially Omarosa.  Question is:  will Trump now be tweeting about the show?

Doubtful, since he was the one who fired her from her job at the White House.

16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

You saying that actually made me double check the TAR schedule. I guess TAR is being moved to 9pm instead of 8pm during that time.

Damnit; I needed an excuse not to watch on Wednesdays.

I have my reason, Omarosa.

10 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Doubtful, since he was the one who fired her from her job at the White House.

I am reasonably certain that was his Chief of Staff and not Trump.

14 hours ago, Callaphera said:

It took me a second to realize who you were talking about (James Maslow, right? Or did you mean Miss Universe For A Hot Second? Shit, I guess I'm still confused) because I guess I'm old now, since my initial reaction was "Right! Keisha Knight Pulliam is on this season." Because Cosby kid = forever young in my mind?

Yea, James Maslow. 

This gives me the time to admit that I totally watched and loved Big Time Rush. Honestly I am rooting for him lol.

BTW, Ika did interviews with the cast yesterday for ET Canada, so I imagine they'll be up soon. She said Mark McGrath was one of her faves to interview.

Also, Rob Cesternino is replacing Jeff for the CBS interviews.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2