Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

That is claustrophobic. I feel like someone is gonna lose their mind, which might be fun lol. But damn, the house in beautiful imo. The HOH bed is huge. I wish we could see the bedrooms. I wonder if they're gonna do HNs. I assume not. 

Ika's interviews with the HGs will be on tonight ET Canada and she said they are working on putting the extended interviews up on their youtube tonight as well.

13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Longer vid that shows the bathroom, the extra room they called APSR last season, and the bedrooms.

There's only 10 beds, including the HOH bed, which is weird since there's 11 celebs.

Perhaps someone is leaving night 1. I thought that's what I read somewhere, but surely that confirms it. BB seems to enjoy that twist in recent years. 

As for the house itself, I definitely feel like the backyard would give me claustrophobia, but I understand why they had to design it that way. I'd just go outside when there was nobody else out there. Also, luckily, there's only a few houseguests, so it wouldn't get too crowded.

I am very into the Speakeasy room AKA the APSR. It looks so much bigger than it usually is. I swear they expanded it. 

Overall, I like how they rearranged the house and added some different additions. 

• Love 1

I will still watch this season, just as I have watched every single season of BB since it began (including BBOTT), but it seems like such a stupid, pointless endeavor.  I mean, seriously... 2-1/2 weeks and that's it?   Not even one full month, let alone 3 months.   (How long are the celebrity seasons in other countries?  Are they just as short?)  Those 2-1/2 weeks will be over in no time.   It seems like there's no time for anything good to evolve in 2-1/2 weeks.   I could deal with my worst enemy for only 2-1/2 weeks (or less).   And these people aren't having to suffer with most of the things that the regular non-celeb houseguests have to deal with, such as uncomfortable beds., round tables and -- gasp!!  -- regular old coffee makers.

But the house looks very nice, and I like all of the different themed touches.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Longer vid that shows the bathroom, the extra room they called APSR last season, and the bedrooms.

There's only 10 beds, including the HOH bed, which is weird since there's 11 celebs.

I saw an interview.  There were only supposed to be 10 guests.  Then Omarosa was fired by Trump/whoever, and they approached her.  Rather than bump someone (you only do that to non-"famous" people), they decided to figure out how to add a bed and keep the 11.

16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am very into the Speakeasy room AKA the APSR. It looks so much bigger than it usually is. I swear they expanded it. 

I think it seems much bigger, too. Also, I agree with you that they're likely going to evict someone right away, which they love doing now. Such bullshit imo. That's probably why we're not getting feeds until after the Thursday ep.

9 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

How long are the celebrity seasons in other countries?  Are they just as short?

The UK version is usually around a month I think, so shorter than the regular season, but still longer than our celeb version.

Ika's extended interviews are up here. I haven't watched yet because they're so long lol. She said her faves were Mark, Ari, and Brandi. She also liked Marissa and Ross. She didn't like James or Keisha.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

On another note, I feel bad for the people who will be watching the live feeds. They said recently that the feeds will be blacked out a lot more because of the comps/ceremonies. 

Glad I'm going to stick to the episodes, maybe, and on here to catch me up. 

I feel bad for the people who watch the feeds no matter what. (grins)

Actually, I wonder about the type of person who wants to watch the feeds. I appreciate the hell out of them but it strikes me as a distinct personality type.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Actually, I wonder about the type of person who wants to watch the feeds. I appreciate the hell out of them but it strikes me as a distinct personality type.

They're fun to have on in the background if you're able to do that. Like, if you work from home and just have them running on the TV while you're doing other stuff etc. Then if something "big" happens you can pay attention for a bit, then go back to doing real life stuff. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

The backyard looks like a fancy hotel's dog potty area.

“Looks like”???  :D

That can’t be the entirety of the BY for the whole “season”, even if it’s just 18 days long. TPTB like their Beautiful People Poolside shots too much.  

Ima gonna guess that wall was temporarily hiding something Production wasn’t ready to reveal when the walk-through was recorded.

15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

That can’t be the entirety of the BY for the whole “season”, even if it’s just 18 days long. TPTB like their Beautiful People Poolside shots too much.  

Well, the weather could easily affect pool-time.  Angelenos get cold when the weather is in the 60s.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, it looks like there's some new feeds music. Reminder: since the feeds will be blacked out probably 50% of the time, you'll be hearing it A LOT.

OMFG.  And here I was thinking ‘80s technobop was dead.  Silly me.  :P

• Love 2
On 1/31/2018 at 8:56 AM, ProfCrash said:

I feel bad for the people who watch the feeds no matter what. (grins)

I get more shit done around the house and hobby wise during Big Brother seasons than I do normally. I did all my Christmas knitting last season last summer when I was watching the feeds. There's something about people sitting around doing nothing that makes me want to get shit done. Also, when I shame them about their cleaning habits, I find myself scrubbing out the oven later that night. 

Huh. No wonder the husband doesn't complain when Big Brother comes on again. 

35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, it looks like there's some new feeds music. Reminder: since the feeds will be blacked out probably 50% of the time, you'll be hearing it A LOT.

I honestly didn't think the music could be worse. I was so wrong.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I honestly didn't think the music could be worse. I was so wrong.

Oh man, I just keep listening to the feeds music. It's funny right now, because I know how irritating it'll be when you have to listen to it for hours on end. Luckily, the season is less than three weeks. Imagine if this was on regular BB. 

• Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 10:41 AM, Wings said:

In Brandi's interview she said she was replacing someone.  I wonder who backed out. 

A few weeks ago, while reading some crap on a tabloid site, I saw a link on the sidebar that said Farrah Abraham from Teen Mom had signed on to CBB. When I clicked on it, it took me to a web address that had Farrah's name in it, but then reverted to the homepage. It could have been clickbait but I think it was deleted because of the redirect. 

She was on the British version and she thinks she is the "number one female celebrity in the U.S.*" because she's mentally ill along with being mean and hateful, so she would definitely be someone Kass would want to cast. She may have been kicked off for giving an interview that she was hired.

*I didn't get that quote right but didn't want to search for it because reading her writing causes brain cells to die. I would think that it would have been seared into my brain for being one of the stupidest things I had ever heard, but when I typed it I realized it wasn't butchering the English language enough to be correct. Apparently, my brain tried to fix it for me. She has given interviews where she says that she has surpassed Kim Kardashian in fame. I've never watched Kim's show but know who she is. Farrah is only known by those of us who watch TM which is a few million people. The delusion runs deep in Farrah but it's rarely fun to watch.

I understand that Les Moonves (Head Honcho of CBS) insisted that Julie Chen (his wife) take a pay cut for Celebrity Big Brother because the season was so much shorter than summer Big Brother.

Poor Julie.  Should we start a GOFUNDME page for her?

• Love 3
On 1/29/2018 at 3:45 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Well, I mean, a lot of these shows use the same casting agent, so that's effectively the same thing, right? The casting agents likely know who's up for stuff like this.

Nit pick of mine, but there is no such thing as a casting agent. They are casting directors. Agents represent actors.

There are feeds for this season? I just looked and saw BBAD will be on too. I cannot get into this shit! It’s the wrong time of year, I have classes, I...oh who am I kidding? I’m in.

I briefly thought of Kent from BB2 a few days ago and thought about he or Chicken George dying. So sad to hear about Kent. I was a live feed recapper on TWOP for that season, so I always feel sentimental towards that group.

• Love 2

Apparently the live feeds were turned on today as a "sneak peek" into what's happening in the house. The FB post I saw it on is teasing more random peeks to come.

ETA:

Figured I better add the tweet, 'cause duh, media thread. Twitter totes counts.

Edited by Callaphera
15 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Julie Chen on Colbert kindof confirmed that Omarosa was a last minute add-on.

Uhh, no "kinda" about it.  Ms. Julie specifically stated Production had already selected and planned on a 10-person cast - then Omarosa became available last-minute, and TPTB weren't passing her up.

• Love 1

I looked at the house photos and the videos, and I have to ask...  Did they completely swap the house layout around in the living area?  I seem to remember the sliding doors to outside open to the dining room (with the round table) with the kitchen along the back wall next to the diary room door.  But the photos clearly show the sliding doors adjacent to the kitchen area.  The living room looks swapped to me too, with the "chairs of doom" back by the back wall and the big video monitor on the "outside" wall.  Am I seeing things, or mis-remembering things?

I also understand there is a certain "funk" to the BB house, Kathy Griffin even spontaneously remarked on it during her visit.  Did they completely gut the set and start over for these Z-list celebs?

I never noticed the layout looking different. As for the smell, I can't imagine BB shelling out any real money, so they probably just masked it and it it'll eventually come back lol.

Julie's thoughts on this season: Julie Chen Says Omarosa Knows Exactly What She's Doing on Celebrity Big Brother

Pretty obvious they're gonna do anything to make sure Omarosa stays for as long as possible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Just noticed on Instagram that Mark and Elena have bought a house here in Texas. I seem to recall Jessica saying that she was moving with Cody to here. It would be amusing if they were neighbors.

I will say, the BB19 couples are staying together far longer than I initially thought they would. I thought Cody/Jess would barely last six months, Mark/Elena would barely last a month, and Matt wouldn't make it out of the studio building with Raven. I'm still unsure about that last pairing and if they're a legit couple or just really close friends, but they seem to visit each other a lot so who knows? I actually glance at their social media posts from time to time and find them...pleasant.

On the other hand, I've had to unfollow Mark/Elena because they were getting obnoxiously annoying. 

• Love 2