Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Dames, Dogs and Danke

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Teddi's husband Edwin has all the elements that should make him attractive to me, but his face proportions are off or something.

Like Maurico, he has to grow into that face! By the time he's 40-45 you'll be swooning for him again! ;-)

• Love 6

Interesting exchange between the LVP and Rinna about Rinna being less engaged.  They're all there to play the Housewives game, and they know it.  I wonder if LVP was giving Rinna a little "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" to go back to her old ways.  Someone has to do it!  

Dorit is picking up Rinna's slack, but who's better at stirring the pot?  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

The look on the doctor's face when dummy Dorit told him she was mixing meds was priceless . No wonder she was nauseated 

I was gonna say that doctor's expression is in RHOATL league but I have upgraded to be RuPaul's Drag Race material. I rewound that 3 times. Best, "bitch, what is you doing" look I've seen in a while. Made even more funny because I would never have expected that from him.  LOL!  

LVP needs to stop with the jabs at Rinna. It has gone on for too long and is just making LVP look incredibly petty.

I think Kyle is a surface listener. Meaning she hears you but if the shit isn't juicy, doesn't pertain/effect her or can't be weaponized against her enemies - she does an info dump. Classic HS beta girl who thinks she's an alpha shit. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Interesting exchange between the LVP and Rinna about Rinna being less engaged.  They're all there to play the Housewives game, and they know it.  I wonder if LVP was giving Rinna a little "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" to go back to her old ways.  Someone has to do it!  

Dorit is picking up Rinna's slack, but who's better at stirring the pot?  

I think Lisa knows that Rinna needs to engage with all of them. That doesn't mean she has to get into fights/arguments but she at least needs to bring her sense of humor, something she is only doing in her THs this season. So far, Rinna has been dialing it in when they all get together. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The Nanny Kay "memory lapse" is just 1 example of how Kyle doesn't listen to Lisa, she didn't know that Lisa had a jewelry line even though she had been selling some on EVINE for several years or where Lisa's/Ken's pizza restaurant was located during that bad earthquake, even though she knew enough to give Brandi the 411 about it, or that Lisa's parents were loving but never actually said the words "I love you". Watch Kyle, she really doesn't listen, she just spaces out and smiles when others talk about their lives. I am pretty sure, Lisa does know Kyle's grandmothers name as well as all of Kyle's nieces/nephews names. Lisa listens.

And if LVP doesn't listen, at least she googles ! LOL ! Actually, I think Erika does too. Erika is the least involved with anyone when they are not filming.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 15

When Camille went to the screening I noticed that she had a wrap. Did anyone get a good look at it? For a second I thought it was fur (or a good fake a la Kyle’s nephew) but I thought that anything fur related would have been a social faux pas at this film. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Erika has to have someone dress her just to go downstairs for a drink in a bar? 

From what the previews show, she will have someone dress her (into a hat and veil even!) for a dinner in her hotel room next week :D

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't get LVP's issue with Rinna being "less engaged". I've been loving Rinna this season. She's calm and fun. Does LVP really want her back to stirring up drama? Pick a lane. 

Also, I felt the reaction to Kyle not knowing "Nanny Kay" was too much. Kyle can be ditzy. I think she just had a brain fart. Also, Erika, I listen to people. But I have a horrible memory. I have to ask my husband to remind me all the time who people are. It's bad. Doesn't mean I don't pay attention or don't care. 

LVP is probably just extra sensitive right now because of the fight she had with Kyle and the loss of her pooches. But I felt bad for Kyle. 

LVP just overdoes everything - the rest of the world is done with her issues with Rinna, but she still thinks its cheeky and hilarious.  And if I have to hear several episodes worth of Kyle not knowing Nanny Kay I will not be happy at all :(

43 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Lisa Rinna was very careful not to take the bait LVP was casting. I think she still seems fun. LVP just likes to have someone to pick on. When Rinna didn’t work out she changed to Kyle. 

26 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

LVP needs to stop with the jabs at Rinna. It has gone on for too long and is just making LVP look incredibly petty.

Yes and Yes!!

Here's something funny - this morning I was late leaving for work because I couldn't find my pants!  Who knew I could have put on tall boots and left them behind!  Thanks Dorit!

• Love 15

It was a 'meh' episode for me.  Too much Erika and too much Dorit.  Too much of being fulled of themselves.  And shut up Dorit.  Lisa doesn't want to talk.  Gosh, this women is desperate for air time.  That's all I got.  Well, except for Kyle's dogs.  And Kyle chasing Storm.  Been there.  Done that.  Did it today.  Yeah, I get Lisa and Ken's documentary....but I don't need to see it to get it and I had to turn away.  That's not a put down of them.

• Love 18

Lisa Rinna was on the warpath when she thought Yolanda was flaking out on filming. She’s almost doing the same thing. She’s only on the show this season to promote her daughters and lame clothing line.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, charming said:

Lisa Rinna was on the warpath when she thought Yolanda was flaking out on filming. She’s almost doing the same thing. She’s only on the show this season to promote her daughters and lame clothing line.

I think she's pulling back strategically so she can be on another year. She doesn't really have anyone at her back this year and there was a lot of backlash last year from the fans. She's being smart. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think she's pulling back strategically so she can be on another year. She doesn't really have anyone at her back this year and there was a lot of backlash last year from the fans. She's being smart. 

I think Rinna, Dorit and Erika talking is where Rinna does her best.  She reveals a little, listens a lot.  Rinna likes talking about work.  Rinna has Erika who agrees with her about LVP and has Dorit who has now been on the receiving end of some of LVP's "jokes".  

There is a certain commonality between Dorit and Rinna last season it was all about Rinna shutting up, this year it is about Dorit shutting up.  Then it becomes why aren't they talking?  Kyle did it to Dorit in NYC.  LVP to Rinna in Berlin.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, princelina said:

Every time Dorit shows herself "working" she is scribbling on those pictures of little swimsuit pieces that remind me of old colorforms - I keep waiting for her to peel them off the page and put them on Erica Jayne's avatar.

That's her idea of hard work; playing with doll decals designing something few want or need! How much can you really get out of a bathing suit unless it's become a staple wear like a sweat suit! ;-)

• Love 6

I literally reached over to my screen to “pet” LVP’s dog while the movie was playing. So amazingly sad.

9 minutes ago, princelina said:

Every time Dorit shows herself "working" she is scribbling on those pictures of little swimsuit pieces that remind me of old colorforms - I keep waiting for her to peel them off the page and put them on Erica Jayne's avatar.

She’s sittin’ in the lab with a pen and a pad tryin’ to get her darn label off!

Respect

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

As a suburban chub chub who likes the pool - I get a ton out of a bathing suit when it fits well and actually DOES make my boobs and bottom look passable.  Flimsy, see-through materials that would show off my nips, side boob, belly button and butt droop just before giving me a wedgie - not so much :)

Well I'm old and haven't touched a suit in over 30 years! Even when I lived in California, had a pool available to me at every complex I lived, the only time I got close was taking an "out of town" guest around to take a dip! In Chicago, I had a view of the pool; that's the extent of my involvement with swimming! ;-)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Well I'm old and haven't touched a suit in over 30 years! Even when I lived in California, had a pool available to me at every complex I lived, the only time I got close was taking an "out of town" guest around to take a dip! In Chicago, I had a view of the pool; that's the extent of my involvement with swimming! ;-)

I'm old too and if you haven't tried it in 30 years, let me tell you that there are better things out there now!  If you hate the idea of it then ignore me, but if you'd like to get back in the pool I think you could find something you like :)

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, charming said:

More so promoting her QVC clothing line, it suffered big these last 2 season due to her behavior on this show. 

28 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

I thought the same thing.  I did appreciate Rinna, Dorit and Erika discussing how difficult it is for women in their 40's to get work in the business or elsewhere where men and youngsters dominate. Then I really appreciated the May-December comment/turned dig from Rinna and Erika's self realization, laughing and not taking offense. About damn time someone had a sense of humor about themselves.

Oh man... this was so so tough.  Not gonna sugar coat it... I majorly ugly cried during these scenes. I lost my 14 year old kittems two months ago and then just last week, unexpectedly lost my other 13 year old kittems.  A friend recently shared some wisdom with me along the lines of "just feel it" about grieving and not hiding from feelings. Well... I definitely felt the horrors those poor dogs go through and my own losses as well. Sigh... 

I think I need an Aperol Spritz or two like Teddi and RInna were drinking in Berlin. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love 18

Yes, she is but that could also lead to her losing her Diamond. 

Maybe, maybe not. One could argue that each time someone mentions her clothing line or her daughters, that is extra marketing and exposure for the show, since there will most probably be a mention of "the RHOBH star" in there somewhere. Whether or not that helps ratings, who knows. But given how the franchise as a whole isn't the pop culture force it once was, any mention of the show could be seen as a bonus.

Plus, audiences sometimes respond well to self-deprecating Greek choruses, and Rinna plays that part very well.

• Love 6

I don't see how Rinna promoting her daughters or clothing line is any different from what most of the HWs are doing. Dorito is promoting her lame swimwear line. Kyle is talking non stop about her TV shows. Not to mention now Portia is promoting Mauricio's business  - gag. Erika is promoting her book, avatar, and EJ. Even Camille as a "friend of" promoted her daughter as a model. About the only one not promoting is Teddi (though we know her job, there is no benefit to the viewers unless they live in BH). Even LVP had segments on her jewelry line and magazine. So why would LisaR be in danger of losing her diamond, any more than any other HW? 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

More so promoting her QVC clothing line, it suffered big these last 2 season due to her behavior on this show. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

No so sure of that, Rinna has had a few Today's Special Value -  it an honor to get because it means your stuff is selling well enough to be promoted for a entire day

ETA - the amount of clothes they travel with, it costs them nothing  so why not?

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Erika, Erika, Erika. I love how she says she had to create Erika Jayne because she was bored. No volunteering for worthy causes for her. It is all me, me, me. Avatar, Y&R, DWTS, book, EJ. All about her. I would never have known in the pic of Erika with Tom when she was 29 that that was her. She looks like a plastic mannequin now.  

EJ needs fembot lessons from Maria from the Waldorf Astoria that woman is incredible! Cool but not cold, capable, graceful, large and in charge with CLASS in a uniform and minimalist hair & make up! 

3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

. About the only one not promoting is Teddi (though we know her job, there is no benefit to the viewers unless they live in BH). 

Happened to hear yesterday JC Mellencanp has a new concert  documentary out on Netflix I thought huh wonder if that is part of why Teddi did the show ( *in small part. ) probably not but it occurred to me.

4 hours ago, BBHN said:

And doing a good job at both, I must say.

Does doing her job well mean that I never want to see or hear about her dull, average-looking spawn again?  If so, then I heartily agree! 

J/K! Mostly...

Truth be told: I actually have always kinda-sorta liked Rinna. Yes she’s been annoying and over the top at times, but she seems like a decent person at heart. I always got the sense that her shit- stirring of seasons past was more of her playing a role (cue Jon Lovitz “ACTING” gif here), not her real authentic self. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, missyb said:

Kyle is getting an interesting edit this season. 

I'm so glad.  It bothers me that just because she cries afterwards she can fight with people and not get blasted for it.  She has been MORE toxic to people in her several angry outbursts (and physical) than Erika has in her two angry spouts. 

I think I'm sensitive to it because I don't cry when I'm angry and arguing with someone.  I come off more like Erika and the wimps I'm arguing with who started it and said something worse just cry and get labeled the "victim."

• Love 7
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Rinna, Dorit and Erika talking is where Rinna does her best.  She reveals a little, listens a lot.  Rinna likes talking about work.  Rinna has Erika who agrees with her about LVP and has Dorit who has now been on the receiving end of some of LVP's "jokes".  

There is a certain commonality between Dorit and Rinna last season it was all about Rinna shutting up, this year it is about Dorit shutting up.  Then it becomes why aren't they talking?  Kyle did it to Dorit in NYC.  LVP to Rinna in Berlin.

I agree.  I think we saw more of Rinna talking in past seasons, because she had Eileen with her.  If she spent more time with Erika, we would hear her talking more.  Instead, we just have her TH, which are hilarious. 

6 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Then I really appreciated the May-December comment/turned dig from Rinna and Erika's self realization, laughing and not taking offense. About damn time someone had a sense of humor about themselves.

I thought that was awesome!  I don't think I would have bounced back that quickly if I said it about someone OR had someone say it about me.  Well done, both of them. 

6 hours ago, film noire said:

I loathed her by the end of last season (every time she'd attack, she'd get that pitbull look in her eyes, and purse those lips and lean in, ready to strike, and she'd look SO proud of herself once she'd landed a nasty little jab) but she is in full image rescue and recovery mode this season, and it's working (at least for me). 

This is 100% what I was feeling about Rinna!  I think Erika tried image counseling, as well. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, film noire said:

to tonight's victory shake of the infamous pill bag

BEST part of the pretty boring show (because I muted through the film festival)

Man, I made fun of her for that bag.  Now, I'm hoping someone I travel with always has one!

5 hours ago, BBHN said:

audiences sometimes respond well to self-deprecating Greek choruses, and Rinna plays that part very well.

She has the best TH's. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

The look on the doctor's face when dummy Dorit told him she was mixing meds was priceless . No wonder she was nauseated 

Who takes one antibiotic and one antiviral? What did she hope to accomplish?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I'm surprised Dorit didn't pull a muscle patting herself on the back for her swimwear line. She just doesn't know how she does it. Barf. And those suits looked Old Navy quality at best. 

That swimwear  was so basic. I  roll my eyes at the howives that have swimwear lines because really it's bathing suits how different can they be but these were plain ass boring. Nothing even remotely interesting about them. I did  have a nice giggle of the footage of Dorit up all night adding pen marks to the layout of suits lol. Her work  never ends lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The Nanny Kay "memory lapse" is just 1 example of how Kyle doesn't listen to Lisa, she didn't know that Lisa had a jewelry line even though she had been selling some on EVINE for several years or where Lisa's/Ken's pizza restaurant was located during that bad earthquake, even though she knew enough to give Brandi the 411 about it, or that Lisa's parents were loving but never actually said the words "I love you". Watch Kyle, she really doesn't listen, she just spaces out and smiles when others talk about their lives. I am pretty sure, Lisa does know Kyle's grandmothers name as well as all of Kyle's nieces/nephews names. Lisa listens.

I disagree. I think Kyle listens as well. I just think she can be ditzy at times. Like I said, I have a HORRIBLE memory. It's bad and embarrassing. I think it was the NAME that gave Kyle trouble, not the presence of the woman in Lisa's life. Kyle is a good friend to Lisa. I think Lisa was just feeling extra sensitive at this point. She's had a lot go on in the past few weeks. 

9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Lisa knows that Rinna needs to engage with all of them. That doesn't mean she has to get into fights/arguments but she at least needs to bring her sense of humor, something she is only doing in her THs this season. So far, Rinna has been dialing it in when they all get together. 

But she can't have her cake and eat it too. She doesn't want Rinna to come after her, but she doesn't like it when she avoids the drama either? Rinna really fucked up there for awhile. EVERYONE was sick of her shit. She has shown some self awareness by reigning herself in this year. Give her time to find that middle ground.

1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

I think I'm sensitive to it because I don't cry when I'm angry and arguing with someone.  I come off more like Erika and the wimps I'm arguing with who started it and said something worse just cry and get labeled the "victim."

Some people can't help it, though. Crying isn't always about garnering sympathy or playing the victim. I'm a very emotional person. I wish I could turn it off. Even the slightest disagreement and I start tearing up. It's just that if ANY emotion starts to come out, so do the tears. I began crying once in a staff meeting because I was so angry at this other woman. Anger makes me cry, especially if I'm trying to hold back and compose myself. It's embarrassing. I think Kyle is very emotional like me. I don't really see her as intentionally crying to look better; it's just what happens. 

• Love 24

A twenty-something woman having sex with a sixty-something man kind of nauseates me. 

Probably editing, but Dorit shoving popcorn into her face while this documentary about something so horrific is beginning... geez.  

Also, how over-the-top a reaction to someone offering you Sour Patch Kids: I love you!!! You are SO much fun!!!! You are the BEST person in the world to go see a movie with!!!!

How unfortunate that all of Kyle’s children with Mauricio look exactly like Mauricio. 

I want Rinna to advise Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny and LuAnn on how a RH should conduct themselves on TV. You are supposed to be role models for your children!!

• Love 18