Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Dames, Dogs and Danke

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Check out the pic of Kyle with her new teeth I posted on her thread today - dying to know what y’all think!

They look great but she’s keeping mum about what she had done. I’m guessing veneers. Perhaps one of you knows more/better. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Who would want a Dorit now? Lol.  No ill fitting suits? The very first suit - the yellow bikini - had the middle of the bottom of the suit bunching badly, and the bottom of it giving the model a wedgie. In another flowerered suit, the models cheeks were bouncing as there wasn't enough material to cover even half of them. In a black high wasted 2 piece, the top of the bottom was bunching. and the bottom also giving the model a wedgie. So though I don't think there were intentional thongs, there were thongs nevertheless. Lol. 

But yes as KungFooBunny has posted, it appears the one I was thinking of with the ill fitting top (and flimsy material) was from the Beverly Beach collection. Yikes! That would indicate to me that Dorito does put her name on just anything, since it appears most others are doing the work in the Beverly Beach collection. 

I remember them too usernamefatigue.

There were a few group shot pics where a few of the models were posed side by side and from the back. It was sag city front and back. A few of the suits didn't fall correctly across the breast area - nip slip any second. One shot I can't find is the one of the back - the bikini bottom wasn't symmetrical - so one cheek was exposed more than the other. I remember thinking - they obviously didn't use a professional photographer - cause who'd put that up on a site. The other thought was egads, if all these girls did was walk on a runway and it's already riding up one side - who'd want those problems at the beach or by the pool?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

They look great but she’s keeping mum about what she had done. I’m guessing veneers. Perhaps one of you knows more/better. 

Think I read somewhere they are veneers - they really make her look different, need to get used to it but new teeth and hair give her a whole new look!

• Love 3

I was just browsing too, and came across Dorito's website for her Beverly Beach collection. How bizarre! There are exactly three colours and one print used in total. One suit is white, a few are black with white, the rest are black or cranberry, and the print is black/grey/ white.  How boring. I do not own any bathing suits in those colours - looks more like a collection for a funeral than a fun time at the beach. I guess Beverly Beach is a very depressing place - lol. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was just browsing too, and came across Dorito's website for her Beverly Beach collection. How bizarre! There are exactly three colours and one print used in total. One suit is white, a few are black with white, the rest are black or cranberry, and the print is black/grey/ white.  How boring. I do not own any bathing suits in those colours - looks more like a collection for a funeral than a fun time at the beach. I guess Beverly Beach is a very depressing place - lol. 

But, but, but...we could have a candlelight dinner without candles

• Love 8
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think usernamefatigue is referring to the pics posted on the Bravo site when Dorit had her Beverly Beach fashion show in Culver City back in October of 2017. They also had a video of Dorit showing off bathing suits she kept in a plastic tub from 2012.

I went back to the page and a bunch of the pics from the show are gone but this one is still there - this is from the Culver City show

dish-102317-dorit-embed-03.jpg?itok=MUxf

The fit is saggy and hideous. There were a bunch of other pics too with the same issue but those are gone from the site.

My clue was Usernamefatigue was referring to the fashion show "a few years ago", which of course would not have been the one in October.  They did show Dorit's show at the Reunion last year and emphasized she did not have an accent in 2013.  

The women above has zero in the way of a bustline.  Dorit picked the wrong model. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Christi said:

Honestly, my biggest takeaway from this episode is all all the idiot cast going into a documentary about animal torture, making sure they have all their candy and popcorn.  WTF?  I cant believe they even sold food there, let alone these mormons but it, when they know the subject matter.  I am speechless.

To be fair, the LA Awareness Film festival featured other films.

To be fair to the numbnuts who showed up to support LVP - I think they only ate before the film started.

However, I'm sure LVP prepared them and told them it would be disturbing, so why would you want anything in your stomach when you know you were going to see some horrible images?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I think the capital C is an homage to Ericka's favorite wrd. 

Obviously you don't watch QVC because the answer would be: Oh hell yes!

If Quacker Factory and Kirks Folly can sell their stuff out, then there's a market for Christmas paper wrapping blouses!

No offense to the Quacker Fairy fans.

I can't even!

To quote Facebook:

I'm glad I met you people at the age I did because my mom would never have let me play with you assholes! 

My favorite is the one that layers a bunch of fugly shit on top of each other so that you have to buy 27 of their shitty pieces to complete the look.  I wish I remembered the brand or the channel, but my mom flips around through all the shopping channels.  I think maybe it's LOGO on QVC because my mom recently said "that lady that layers all the shit has a custom print Clarisonic, you want one?" and it looks like QVC has a LOGO Clarisonic right now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

That is what she was saying! She wasn't saying that Rinna isn't fighting/spouting off/mixing it up with them but that she has been MIA and that when she is around, she just sits there for the most part, not talking/joking around.

But, to me, it sounded like she said both. The conversation STARTED OUT like she was commending Rinna for staying out of the shit this year.....but then she seemed to be whining about her lack of participation. I would think everyone would be grateful that Rinna has seemingly stopped trying to stir shit up. If that means she's a bit quieter this year, so be it. She'll find her even ground eventually. As for being MIA, she's legit busy. 

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Teddi's husband Edwin has all the elements that should make him attractive to me, but his face proportions are off or something.

He has the same facial features as William Dafoe to me.  It seems like all the parts should would well together, but it looks like they were put together Frantenstein sytle, and didnt really fit everything correctly.

w1.jpg

• Love 10

But, to me, it sounded like she said both. The conversation STARTED OUT like she was commending Rinna for staying out of the shit this year.....but then she seemed to be whining about her lack of participation. I would think everyone would be grateful that Rinna has seemingly stopped trying to stir shit up. If that means she's a bit quieter this year, so be it. She'll find her even ground eventually. As for being MIA, she's legit busy. 

Yeah, I got that same vibe from LVP as well.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Christi said:

He has the same facial features as William Dafoe to me.  It seems like all the parts should would well together, but it looks like they were put together Frantenstein sytle, and didnt really fit everything correctly.

w1.jpg

Both are handsome in an unusual way, IMO.  

• Love 9

Many Latin men have a certain sexy charisma in person that does not translate to film.  I used to spend my summers in Central America and then I'd get home and get my pictures developed and think "What happened to all the hot guys?"  :)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think usernamefatigue is referring to the pics posted on the Bravo site when Dorit had her Beverly Beach fashion show in Culver City back in October of 2017. They also had a video of Dorit showing off bathing suits she kept in a plastic tub from 2012.

I went back to the page and a bunch of the pics from the show are gone but this one is still there - this is from the Culver City show

The fit is saggy and hideous. There were a bunch of other pics too with the same issue but those are gone from the site.

Yeah, that’s really bad, wth. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, papermoon said:

Yeah, that’s really bad, wth. 

Just realized that the weird thing stuck on the left top of the suit is one of those ugly patches saying Beverly Beach that Dorito was holding in this epi. The ones that looked like a girl guide/boy scout badge. It seems there are on the one piece suits. Way to make an ugly suit even uglier. Lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 13

It's not the model, it's the bathing suit.  Doesn't even look good on the website and you know that has to be photoshopped:

https://beverlybeachbydorit.com/collections/one-piece/products/ashley-one-piece-cranberry

Drab colours, nothing on trend, has that 80´s aerobic vibe to them.  I saw her on a show promoting her line saying there was something for every shape/size but I don't see that at all.  My feeling is the extent of her design into this brand was to pick the fabric that was available and minor things like that, that the actual designs were done already by someone else.  I just don't see anything there that matches with the way she dresses on the show and none of the bottoms fit the way her earlier collection seemed to (and she seems to be concerned about the bottoms in the preview for the next show yet what is on the website shows no change to the bottoms).  I think they wanted to pump out a line to time the launch with the show and she was taking too long and PK found something that she could slap her name on and churn out quickly. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Christi said:

w1.jpg

I see that completely, but William  Dafoe is more attractive to me because I've grown up watching him, I think. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Castina said:

It's not the model, it's the bathing suit.  Doesn't even look good on the website and you know that has to be photoshopped:

https://beverlybeachbydorit.com/collections/one-piece/products/ashley-one-piece-cranberry

Drab colours, nothing on trend, has that 80´s aerobic vibe to them.  I saw her on a show promoting her line saying there was something for every shape/size but I don't see that at all.  My feeling is the extent of her design into this brand was to pick the fabric that was available and minor things like that, that the actual designs were done already by someone else.  I just don't see anything there that matches with the way she dresses on the show and none of the bottoms fit the way her earlier collection seemed to (and she seems to be concerned about the bottoms in the preview for the next show yet what is on the website shows no change to the bottoms).  I think they wanted to pump out a line to time the launch with the show and she was taking too long and PK found something that she could slap her name on and churn out quickly. 

I have mentioned my neighbor bought the green palm print.  It fit she liked it she called it beach camouflage.  She likes the drabber colors.  Not every looks good in pastels, jewel tones, or neons.  Most popular color for a bathing suit is black, followed by navy blue.  Rose gold and shocking pink may look good in a catalog but not so much in real life.  Dorit colors and designs were priced to sell not awe.   

I believe there might be a misunderstanding how design works.  When I was 15 years old I  won a sewing contest and my reward was working as an intern at Jantzen Swimsuits.   I met the designers, whose work was transferred to the production designers  who made the actual patterns.  This was a very long time ago, and my burning question-why the pocket in the crotch of bathing suits?  Anyway, there was constant quality control and I was pretty skinny about 5'5" 115 pounds.  From time to time I would be asked to try a suit on, as many others did in production, a million miles away from the runway.   Now Jantzen is all about Ashley Graham.  It was an interesting experience and what I gleaned was they appeal to the masses.  Not everyone is a Joanna Krupa https://www.google.com/search?q=joanna+krupa&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzx_Sv8JLaAhUF24MKHY4wD00Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=5-Wt5AHJDGFGqM: Or a Heidi Klum https://www.google.com/search?q=heidi+klum+bathing+suit&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn7PmJ8ZLaAhUD7YMKHXDCD4QQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=SHTFri31VnX3WM:

Swimsuits are a limited market-except for maybe some of the RHs who have ten they pack on vacation. 

It seemed to me Dorit wanted a high fashion line and  her investors said let's capitalize on  RHOBH.  As to Dorit's style I think she went with what would sell.

Since I started teaching aqua aerobics twenty five years ago my preferred suit is a Speedo.  I wear it three times a week at work x 52 weeks a year.  If I want to get social it is more about a tankini.  Not the giant blouse kind with a skirt just a long top.  I appreciated Dorit's line, as I do Rinna's duster if someone wants to wear it go for it.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the clip--I think they showed Dorit speaking without an accent.  

I didn't see an ill fitting suit in the lot.  The only flimsy material were the gauzy cover-ups which are pretty common in swim wear lines.  Dorit would have a hard time topping the models she had for her circa 2013 line.  Surprising to me is the suits were surprisingly modest.  No thongs.  I didn't see any bunching of the suits.  Perhaps if Teddi or someone more likable would have designed the suits the critique would differ.

To me it just indicates Dorit really is into fashion and just doesn't put her name on just anything.  Of course who would have ever wanted a Dorit before she was a RH.

Wasn't that Heidi Klum in the sheer black cover-up?  If not, a dead ringer for her.  That was surprising!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

My guess is Lumineers, or another brand of minimal-prep veneers.  She said in her Instagram that she never wanted veneers because she didn't want her teeth "shaved" down, and her dentist had a better option, so I'm assuming she had less prep.  The problem with minimal prep veneers is that the veneers sit on top of your existing tooth, making them appear to stick out farther, or look "thicker", which is what I notice here.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Castina said:

That’s what it looks like to me, too. I believe she does have some knowledge and skills with apparel design, as seen from her older shows, but it appears that she just rushed to slop together this slap-dash collection so it could be featured on the show. These suits are poorly designed and the patterns are bad. Stupid Dorit, you can do better.

Well, in this case, I can’t wait for the runway show episode, it’s going to be hilarious! Oh, and she’s a bitch so it’ll be even more delicious.

• Love 6

I really like the black one-piece worn by the model who walks last, with Dorit. 

Can someone remind me what Dorit said at the reunion, when they pointed out that she had no accent in that clip?

The palm print in her current collection is really ugly.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I have mentioned my neighbor bought the green palm print.  It fit she liked it she called it beach camouflage.  She likes the drabber colors.  Not every looks good in pastels, jewel tones, or neons.  Most popular color for a bathing suit is black, followed by navy blue.  Rose gold and shocking pink may look good in a catalog but not so much in real life.  Dorit colors and designs were priced to sell not awe.   

I believe there might be a misunderstanding how design works.  When I was 15 years old I  won a sewing contest and my reward was working as an intern at Jantzen Swimsuits.   I met the designers, whose work was transferred to the production designers  who made the actual patterns.  This was a very long time ago, and my burning question-why the pocket in the crotch of bathing suits?  Anyway, there was constant quality control and I was pretty skinny about 5'5" 115 pounds.  From time to time I would be asked to try a suit on, as many others did in production, a million miles away from the runway.   Now Jantzen is all about Ashley Graham.  It was an interesting experience and what I gleaned was they appeal to the masses.  Not everyone is a Joanna Krupa https://www.google.com/search?q=joanna+krupa&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzx_Sv8JLaAhUF24MKHY4wD00Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=5-Wt5AHJDGFGqM: Or a Heidi Klum https://www.google.com/search?q=heidi+klum+bathing+suit&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn7PmJ8ZLaAhUD7YMKHXDCD4QQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=SHTFri31VnX3WM:

Swimsuits are a limited market-except for maybe some of the RHs who have ten they pack on vacation. 

It seemed to me Dorit wanted a high fashion line and  her investors said let's capitalize on  RHOBH.  As to Dorit's style I think she went with what would sell.

Since I started teaching aqua aerobics twenty five years ago my preferred suit is a Speedo.  I wear it three times a week at work x 52 weeks a year.  If I want to get social it is more about a tankini.  Not the giant blouse kind with a skirt just a long top.  I appreciated Dorit's line, as I do Rinna's duster if someone wants to wear it go for it.   

I have no misunderstanding on how apparel design works. It’s what I do.

The drab colors aren’t the problem, it’s the lack of cohesion.

I doubt this line was design with aqua aerobics in mind. 

I stood up for Dorit wrt her design notebook, but the end result of this line is a mess.

Blegh, I don’t care anymore. Dorits not worth it lol.

Edited by papermoon
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I say if a woman feels happy in a swimsuit, more power to her and her suit.  It's probably the most loathed outfit we wear in public.

I bow to you zoeysmom.  The only exercise I have ever truly loved was water aerobics. Back in the 80's and 90s, it was me (early 30s) and everyone else was 60+.  

My swimsuit of choice?  A Jantzen basic one piece, with the scoop back, fine ribbing and I had 3 of them in the jewel tone colors of royal blue, purple and pink. Very functional.

You are my Teddi Bear.

• Love 5

Seriously, all people do NOT have the same opinions. This is NOT news (and "handsome" is NOT a fact).

He and Teddi seem so happy together and with each other. At the end of the day, I guess that should matter the most.

• Love 15

My thoughts on posts above which question why Erika is being spelt EriCa...... Erica is usually spelt with a c, not a k, which could be seen to be pretentious/try hard. So highlight the C that should be there. Possibly with the bonus of alluding to her favourite word c*nt.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, papermoon said:

I have no misunderstanding on how apparel design works. It’s what I do.

The drab colors aren’t the problem, it’s the lack of cohesion.

I doubt this line was design with aqua aerobics in mind. 

I stood up for Dorit wrt her design notebook, but the end result of this line is a mess.

Blegh, I don’t care anymore. Dorits not worth it lol.

I never claimed Dorit's line had anything to do with aqua aerobics-I said Speedo.  Nor would it be practical. 

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I really like the black one-piece worn by the model who walks last, with Dorit. 

Can someone remind me what Dorit said at the reunion, when they pointed out that she had no accent in that clip?

The palm print in her current collection is really ugly.

I was going to try and sum it up but Dorit gave this explanation:  "I think the way I speak is probably a combination of many things. First and foremost, I am married to a Brit who's got a very, very strong London accent, and I'm sure some of his inflections have sort of rolled over on me," she said. "My parents are not American. I was born and raised in America. I did spend a significant amount of time, nearly 10 years, back and forth going to Europe. I spent a lot of time working all over the world and in various places of the world where people didn't speak English all that well. I had a tendency to over enunciate, so I think at times some of my English is part that and part inflection. And you know being around a lot of Europeans and a lot of Brits, you just become a product of your environment really. That's who I am. That's the way I speak. I don't hear it. My husband doesn't hear it but it's definitely become a topic of conversation."

Of course, Dorit does also speak multiple languages. "My Spanish gets very confused with the Italian because they're so similar and I speak better Italian than I do Spanish. But I spoke Spanish before Italian," she said. "So there's the Hebrew. My father's Israeli but I wasn't raised speaking Hebrew, and I wanted to learn when I was a teenager so I would insist that my father would only speak to me in Hebrew."  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-there is her explanation.  It always seemed to me as if Dorit wants people to lead with a question as to where she is from.  To which I am sure she has an equally long response.  

My neighbor got the palm print and I have a natural aversion to army green.  There are about 100 colors that I would have preferred.  It is a color that does not look good on a lot of people.  My neighbor loves it and it suits her skin color.  

• Love 5

As much as Kyle annoys me, I love her scenes at home because we get to see Stormy/River//Bambi.  (Why did she give her dogs stripper names though?). I could watch a whole episode featuring those three going about their day.  

Jarring that that adorable scene was followed by Lisa losing another dog, and then the Yulin film.  I covered my eyes and still ugly-cried.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I never claimed Dorit's line had anything to do with aqua aerobics-I said Speedo.  Nor would it be practical. 

I was going to try and sum it up but Dorit gave this explanation:  "I think the way I speak is probably a combination of many things. First and foremost, I am married to a Brit who's got a very, very strong London accent, and I'm sure some of his inflections have sort of rolled over on me," she said. "My parents are not American. I was born and raised in America. I did spend a significant amount of time, nearly 10 years, back and forth going to Europe. I spent a lot of time working all over the world and in various places of the world where people didn't speak English all that well. I had a tendency to over enunciate, so I think at times some of my English is part that and part inflection. And you know being around a lot of Europeans and a lot of Brits, you just become a product of your environment really. That's who I am. That's the way I speak. I don't hear it. My husband doesn't hear it but it's definitely become a topic of conversation."

Of course, Dorit does also speak multiple languages. "My Spanish gets very confused with the Italian because they're so similar and I speak better Italian than I do Spanish. But I spoke Spanish before Italian," she said. "So there's the Hebrew. My father's Israeli but I wasn't raised speaking Hebrew, and I wanted to learn when I was a teenager so I would insist that my father would only speak to me in Hebrew."  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-there is her explanation.  It always seemed to me as if Dorit wants people to lead with a question as to where she is from.  To which I am sure she has an equally long response.  

My neighbor got the palm print and I have a natural aversion to army green.  There are about 100 colors that I would have preferred.  It is a color that does not look good on a lot of people.  My neighbor loves it and it suits her skin color.  

This isn't the same neighbor who steals from the homeless?

You guys, the ignore feature has honestly saved my sanity on these boards! Now, somebody can still quote another person and you’ll see their inane rambling from time to time. But overall, it really helps keep the old blood pressure in check! ?

• Love 7
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the clip--I think they showed Dorit speaking without an accent.  

I didn't see an ill fitting suit in the lot.  The only flimsy material were the gauzy cover-ups which are pretty common in swim wear lines.  Dorit would have a hard time topping the models she had for her circa 2013 line.  Surprising to me is the suits were surprisingly modest.  No thongs.  I didn't see any bunching of the suits.  Perhaps if Teddi or someone more likable would have designed the suits the critique would differ.

To me it just indicates Dorit really is into fashion and just doesn't put her name on just anything.  Of course who would have ever wanted a Dorit before she was a RH.

Pretty suits. Dorit looks better also. No accent, funny, guess she hadn't been around PK enough for her to pick it up yet. Nice show. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Pretty suits. Dorit looks better also. No accent, funny, guess she hadn't been around PK enough for her to pick it up yet. Nice show. 

How strange... Dorit had claimed that her accent was a gradual progression, with the Hebrew spoken at home, the Spanish and Italian, etc. before she met PK.  If she was still speaking like this (normally) just 2 years before her debut season filmed, I call bullshit.

Also funny how she claims she doesn't hear it.  She is so full of SHIT!

• Love 12

I actually really like the cranberry—it would suit (ha ha) my coloring. I’m not big on pastels, and though I typically get black swimsuits, I do like wearing color, but most of the colors I usually see are eh/would look eh on me.

That said, I hate stuff with giant logos so I would never buy that black tank suit even if it *did* fit well.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

You guys, the ignore feature has honestly saved my sanity on these boards! Now, somebody can still quote another person and you’ll see their inane rambling from time to time. But overall, it really helps keep the old blood pressure in check! ?

Never needed that function. I have that built in.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

My thoughts on posts above which question why Erika is being spelt EriCa...... Erica is usually spelt with a c, not a k, which could be seen to be pretentious/try hard. So highlight the C that should be there. Possibly with the bonus of alluding to her favourite word c*nt.

My name is Erika, spelled with a K. I think calling it pretentious is quite a stretch, and I'm not much of an EJ fan. It's mostly annoying, because everyone misspells it with a c.  Its origins are Norse, with the original spelling definitely being a k. Like Erik the Red.

Now, Erykah Badu, that's pretentious. :)

Edited by candle96
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

As much as Kyle annoys me, I love her scenes at home because we get to see Stormy/River//Bambi.  (Why did she give her dogs stripper names though?). I could watch a whole episode featuring those three going about their day.  

Jarring that that adorable scene was followed by Lisa losing another dog, and then the Yulin film.  I covered my eyes and still ugly-cried.

Does Kyle have a lot of help in her home? Probably. But one thing I really like about her is how much she seems to maintain some sense of a normal person doing normal things in her home like packing, being exasperated by her dogs behavior, and fighting with daughter about her messy closet. Of all the wives, she seems to have the most "relatable" home life. 

• Love 11
On 3/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Aren't you supposed to get swimsuit models for swimsuits?  Like models that actually have boobs and curves?  Like a lingerie model?  

• Love 8

I was surprised that the palm print in Dorito's line was described as green in this thread as it definitely looks gray/black/white on the website. Even the website only describes it as palm/black which isn't terribly helpful. Especially since it is the background colour that is either gray or camo, depending on how you see it. I was looking for another pic and came across reviews of the collection on its Facebook site. It gets an overall rating of 2.3 stars out of 5. Some people were only reviewing the collection but hadn't ordered. (Those included both 5 star and 1 star ratings). One poster called the palm print a baby poop colour. Another said that she had to pay $70.24 in shipping as expedited was the only choice given, even though when she returned the suit she paid $22 for a 5 day return. Customer service appears to be bad or non existent. Also some said they posted negative reviews on instagram and were blocked - lol. I wonder if Dorito herself will last longer on RHOBH than her collection will survive? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, candle96 said:

My name is Erika, spelled with a K. I think calling it pretentious is quite a stretch, and I'm not much of an EJ fan. It's mostly annoying, because everyone misspells it with a c.  Its origins are Norse, with the original spelling definitely being a k. Like Erik the Red.

Now, Erykah Badu, that's pretentious. :)

Let's not forget the ever popular, Airwrecka :)

Airwrecka-vs-Erica.jpg

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Aren't you supposed to get swimsuit models for swimsuits?  Like models that actually have boobs and curves?  Like a lingerie model?  

One would think so!  The material looks very thin.  Is there any type of shelf bra or support in that thing?  Doesn't look like it.  Sadly, that's how the top of that would look on me.  I've got to have a top with some push-up capability!  Hey, a gal's got to have a sense of humor about these things! ;) 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Maybe Culver City has a drought of bathing suit/lingerie models.  Dorit show for Beverly Beach wasn't exactly Mercedes Fashion Week.  The women she used as models in her 2013 show had bathing suit bodies to die for.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Normally that would be the case - but look at the way this hot mess of a swim garment is slapped together. A model with any curves in the upper portion of her body would be sure to have a wardrobe malfunction - the boobs would be full frontal for the audience to see.

1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was surprised that the palm print in Dorito's line was described as green in this thread as it definitely looks gray/black/white on the website. Even the website only describes it as palm/black which isn't terribly helpful. Especially since it is the background colour that is either gray or camo, depending on how you see it. I was looking for another pic and came across reviews of the collection on its Facebook site. It gets an overall rating of 2.3 stars out of 5. Some people were only reviewing the collection but hadn't ordered. (Those included both 5 star and 1 star ratings). One poster called the palm print a baby poop colour. Another said that she had to pay $70.24 in shipping as expedited was the only choice given, even though when she returned the suit she paid $22 for a 5 day return. Customer service appears to be bad or non existent. Also some said they posted negative reviews on instagram and were blocked - lol. I wonder if Dorito herself will last longer on RHOBH than her collection will survive? 

I still think this is a front to launder money. Remember when she first sat down with those 5 assistants in her living room? I think she got them for the day off of Instagram. The "factory" said they had everything set up for packaging. Who are they using to store the product and ship to customers? I'd crack up if you call to place your order and it's Dorit using some new fangled accent to disguise herself. Eh loo, Beh Va Lee Beech heere, ow moy eye elp yee?

• Love 9