Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Robert's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Hey DC Gal!  Good to see ya!!

Glad to see you too! Believe it or not I'm trying to cook dinner AND watch this show, unless they give us more blurred crotch shots and ruin my appetite, lol!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Nurses be like, good, let her help him pee in a jug. 

True! When a family member wants to be in "control" I happily oblige. If they want to bath, clean, wipe, etc...I let them have at it.

• Love 6
(edited)

First time poster on these forums. Hi everyone. I am a friend of the fiancee. No spoilers from me. 

Edited by dbell1
Adding that I've been here forever
  • Love 16
Just now, dbell1 said:

First time poster. Hi everyone. I am a friend of the fiancee. No spoilers from me. 

Welcome!  

I don't think this is going to end well.

Just now, MrsClaus said:

Anyone else think he's just going to be a joy at the rehab place?

I think he's excited to have surgery because he will get more painkillers.

• Love 4

He says he's trying, but all he's doing is laying in bed. He can only eat what they bring him. I predict the minute he's discharged from hospital he'll be wolfing down Big Macs and yelling at the fiancée...and going to a different ER to get some pain meds.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't mean to oversimplify the problems of these enormous patients - but none of them seem to have any routines or discipline to their days.  They truly "live to eat."  Robert mentioned that the hospital food was "regimented" - as though the concept of limits was novel to him.

Edited by Carrie
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

We give to our chronically ill patients in the hospital, those patients on hospice, or comfort measure care. If people request it by name...usually not a good sign.

One of the first things I learned when I was old enough to answer the phone by myself (around age 6) was that if the "patient" could name the drug they needed by name, it was probably not gonna be one that Dad would actually take so I better be prepared to take a message. My personal favorite was a lady that called and, after mangling our last name for a good long while, told me she needed 200 Percoset. Yeah, no.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, shouldbedancing said:

waiting for the other foot to drop on this one. Is he gonna stroke out?

I really hope not because he seems to be doing okay. He may actually be a "success story" - relatively speaking.

Just now, hoosiermom said:

HET DBELL. SHE ISN'T SNEAKING HIM FOOD IS SHE?

She never snuck food in there. And she went on total media blackout for the entire length of shooting.

• Love 11
Just now, Concerned said:

I don’t mean to be cruel, but he sounds like former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.

I was just coming here to say the same thing! I hope Robert's weight loss surgery is more successful than our rotund former Governor's. Come on, Robert, make Jersey Proud! 

• Love 5

Started watching late, when he was traveling in van.  Knew we had another gem when he started yelling at Kathryn to Hurry Up numerous times & that HE was tired. I'm taping it, can't wait to hear back story. 

• Love 4
Just now, 88Keys said:

I don't see him as anywhere near Stephen or James K levels of horrible.  

Yeah, he’s been much better in rehab than I expected. If y’all hadn’t told me that she’s doing the narration I would be feeling quite optimistic about him. As it is, I’m waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop. 

• Love 3
(edited)

So he just lays in the hospital bed  alk day after walking his 200 foot marathon? Cripes, I walk more than 200 ft to get to the bathroom at work . Definitely not the highlight of my day. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

So he has yet to have to work on this on his own at home, right?

Good point. But at least he wasn't getting food snuck in to sabotage his restricted hospital diet.

• Love 6