Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Robert's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

With the support of his fiancée, Kathryn, Robert turns to Dr. Now in a desperate attempt to save his life. He tries to reverse a lifelong food addiction that has left him bedbound, saddled with grotesque lymphedema and nearly 900 pounds.  

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.   

• Love 1

A reminder from the Mod note: Let's avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics.

Just now, zoemom said:

I always find it curious that the majority of the caregivers are also obese as well.

I imagine it's hard to take care of yourself when you're spending so much energy taking care of a huge helpless person. 

-----

Gah. Let him throw a tantrum. What's he going to do to you?

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, zoemom said:

I always find it curious that the majority of the caregivers are also obese as well.

These two don’t seem to be.  

I take it back, the fiance is chubby.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MrsClaus said:

Anyone notice how pale his legs were compared to the rest of his body?

Most men I know usually have pale legs compared to the rest of their bodies. The men I know just won't wear shorts.

• Love 1
Just now, CouchTater said:

Yes!  I thought it was just me.  Almost as if his legs aren't receiving circulation.

Well, jeez - how can the blood get down there! The veins and arteries must be squashed almost flat!!! 

• Love 3

Aha!!!   He learned that the fat continues to get him the attention he craves.  He wants to be taken care of.

And again, a morbidly obese person was sexually abused as a kid.

• Love 10