Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Also LOL at Meghan trying to discredit the whole event because a kid said it was scripted because CNN asked them to write down questions, then CNN gave them cards with newly written questions.  As someone who works in television shouldn’t Meghan know that major networks screen regular people before they go on live television.  And by screening, they look at if the question is interesting, they rewrite the question so that it is clearer/more concise/understandable for the audience at home and in the studio to understand, and they make sure the person asking the question on live television is not super shy so they won’t slip up on live TV.  This is what I assume that kid means by “scripted question,” but before we look into it let’s send it to the Russian bots, Fox News, and Meghan McCain to be outraged and discredit a forum where students and families suffered a tragedy.  Shame on her.  

• Love 23

The next time Meghan is on one of her "I'm a NRA member, “CAN I SAY SOMETHING", "She is my friend"... rants, I want the base of her chair to give out and have her fall to the floor.

There I said it.

• Love 22

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I never said “give teachers guns” like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving “concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience - only the best. 20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to

4:26 AM - 22 Feb 2018

14,628 Retweets

54,044 Likes

19,572 replies 14,628 retweets 54,044 likes

That's not what Meggie said this morning or Trump said yesterday.  Either way, it's a BAD idea!!!!

• Love 9

I like Joy's point that the NRA is there to increase gun sales (over and above promoting gunowners' "rights"). NRA's primary loyalty is to the gun manufacturers. Sell more guns. 

Whoopi wasn't as coherent as she seemed to think she was when she tried to defuse the heated convo among the hosts. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

We don't even give teachers school supplies. How are we going to give them guns?

They can buy it out of pocket and claim it in their $250 teacher tax deduction that republicans tried taking away a month ago.  But seriously, if Meghan so DESPERATELY wants people to understand “red American”—which isn’t Florida red America these days?—maybe she should try to understand teachers and school systems, which the Republican Party and conservative media frequently smear as a liberal indoctrinating system.  Poor Meghan needs her hobby of hunting and going to a shooting range because its her culture!  We don’t understand that, but I’m sure she understands the endless hours teachers spend planning, grading, emailing negligent parents, emailing helicopter parents, posting announcements online, decorating a classroom, controlling a classroom of kids with varying complex learning/behavior needs, and having to be prepared for the unexpected to arise at any moment—all while making a starting salary that averages at $37k a year.  

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

She had no argument, she was CRYING when Joy started talking about living in the wood—CRYING! Over her demonized love of the NRA!  

We all know why she loves the NRA and it isn't just about the guns.

5 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

LOL at Meghan trying to discredit the whole event because a kid said it was scripted because CNN asked them to write down questions, then CNN gave them cards

Yeah. I didn't get her point. So CNN gave the kid different questions to ask?  So what?  Who cares?

4 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Whoopi needs to stop with the revisionist history story telling. She was a good girl who listened to her mother?  Really?  The middle school drop out, teen mom, drug addict?  Ok, then. 

Shoot, what was the other thing she said that made me burst out laughing?  Something about always trying to treat people well?  It was something completely opposite from her actions.

• Love 12

OMG! It was hilarious watching Meh-gan huff and puff and drink her water. How many times did she try to cut in? I lost count. I saw the ladies try to speak, then give up - it was quite the sight.

I actually yelled at the tv - more than once - telling Meh-gan to STFU! My God. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Who will pay for the teachers to get adequate gun training. What happens when there is another mass shooting and armed teachers trying to defend the students accidently shoots another student, in the panic. Wrongful death Lawsuits will abound. Will teachers who are armed get insurance to cover accidental deaths. Teachers could also get shot by the SWAT, who may mistake them for an active shooter. Arming teachers will have unintended consequences..

Just the logistics of it is a quagmire.  Are the teachers expected to carry the weapon on them?  Will the weapon be locked in a desk?  Loaded or not loaded?

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Just the logistics of it is a quagmire.  Are the teachers expected to carry the weapon on them?  Will the weapon be locked in a desk?  Loaded or not loaded?

How about if a kid who wants to kill people overpowers a teacher who is armed and gets the gun, to do others, harm.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

If Whoopi isn’t going to let them have a spirited, interesting discussion, she’s going to have to play fair and stop her long soliloquies that make no sense.

Loved the faces of everyone today during the debates.

I loved Sunny's face as Whoopi was talking in her long soliloquie.  If the View is going to allow Whoopi to have the last say on the gun control topic, please at least let it make sense!

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

How about if a kid who wants to kill people overpowers a teacher who is armed and gets the gun, to do others, harm.

How about a teacher with a handgun trying to overpower a terrorist with an AK15?  Or does Meghan want the teachers to have assault rifles too?

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

God she infuriated me today with her lack of empathy, lack of argument, and selfishness to push whatever the heck she wants smart people to buy into.

She definitely would have failed any debating class.

Just now, Haleth said:

How about a teacher with a handgun trying to overpower a terrorist with an AK15?  Or does Meghan want the teachers to have assault rifles too?

I keep seeing comments on other sites that are (in jest) we should just have schools in prisons now.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She definitely would have failed any debating class.

I keep seeing comments on other sites that are (in jest) we should just have schools in prisons now.

She would have failed a debating class and she would have failed an academic writing class, then she would have blamed the teacher for NOT RESPECTING HER POINT OF VIEW!

Today we were all Whoopi as Meghan kept butting in.  

ofpqh3.png

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

After listening to Mo'nique today, I'm not boycotting Netflix.  When she made the comment, this is what happens when you don't go up to the room, obviously referring to Harvey Weinstein, I cringed. I mean she is really comparing Oprah, and Tyler Perry to Harvey Weinstein?

Amy Schumer sold out Madison Square Garden twice. Madison Square Garden holds, 20,000 people. Mo'nique is not selling out the improv comedy clubs she is playing at which hold less than a thousand. I saw this whole write up about it. But then she says, that Netflix is underappreciating the black dollar, but Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock, are the two highest paid comedians.

She just really lost my support with her attack on Oprah and Tyler Perry. I just don't think this interview did her any favors.

I think Mo'nique was very naïve about what is expected of her by Hollywood.   She kept on emphasizing that she fulfilled the obligations of her contract.  There are things that are not explicitly said, that you have to do.   Whoopie was really good in trying to tell her that you have to promote a movie, in the states and abroad. The Black Panther actors are all over the world promoting their movie.  I like Mo'nique and I feel for her, but, this Netflix boycott is not the way to voice her displeasure.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

After listening to Mo'nique today, I'm not boycotting Netflix.  When she made the comment, this is what happens when you don't go up to the room, obviously referring to Harvey Weinstein, I cringed. I mean she is really comparing Oprah, and Tyler Perry to Harvey Weinstein?

I have never cared for Monique.  My personal opinion of her is she has a very high opinion of herself which doesn't match reality.  And yes NOTINKANSASANYMORE what she seemed to be implying was over the top.  And she thinks she was blackballed because of that.  IIRC she had a reputation as being difficult after Precious came out.  Does she think refusing to promote a movie she is in, and ultimately won an Oscar for isn't going to cause people in Hollywood to think twice about working with her?

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan felt that being a member of NRA gave her a perspective that the others do not. She was very snotty about it.

I have heard her perspective and I didn't like it and don't need to hear it on a daily basis.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan: I'm the only NRA member at this table! I'm the only NRA member at this table! I'm the only NRA member at this table! 

Then, Ms. Meghan, why don't you publicly resign and state that you will rejoin when the NRA advocates a ban on all military-style weaponry for other than law enforcement and the military.

• Love 17

Monique wasn't blackballed because she refused to promote the movie.  She got blackballed because not only did she not promote it abroad, she went on rants online (just like now) about how they expected her to work for free - and got on stage and said that Oprah, Lee Daniels, and Tyler Perry that they could s*** her d*** if she had one. 

I'm glad that Whoopi pointed out to her that it's not the same thing, and she TOLD HER everyone promotes their movies for "free"  what Whoopi couldn't say (because they ran out of time) is that they get per diem, and other perks like free clothes, jewelry etc.  She's just mad because she didn't and apparently still doesn't understand how Hollywood works.  I heard she's a nightmare to work with. 

Edited by JayD83
  • Love 18
37 minutes ago, backformore said:
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

A new Megism-- misnomer instead of misconception.

trump made that exact same error not too long ago. 

That's such a common error.   I hope my TV has compiled all the times I've had to talk back to her to make that correction.  She needs to submit my statistics.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

Monique wasn't blackballed because she refused to promote the movie.  She got blackballed because not only did she not promote it abroad, she went on rants online (just like now) about how they expected her to work for free - and got on stage and said that Oprah, Lee Daniels, and Tyler Perry that they could s*** her d*** if she had one. 

I'm glad that Whoopi pointed out to her that it's not the same thing, and she TOLD HER everyone promotes their movies for "free"  what Whoopi couldn't say (because they ran out of time) is that they get per diem, and other perks like free clothes, jewelry etc.  She's just mad because she didn't and apparently still don't understand how Hollywood works. 

Exactly! she screwed herself over.  She also made a bunch of demands for her to go to Cannes, to promote Precious, that also included her husband and kids. The studio said hell No! and the rest is history..

• Love 15
1 hour ago, choclatechip45 said:

We don't even give teachers school supplies. How are we going to give them guns?

Preach!  Around the Detroit area kids are not allowed to have backpacks in school and they take their books home first day.  They have class sets of books and teachers provide paper and pencils, art classes provide everything they need etc.

19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan felt that being a member of NRA gave her a perspective that the others do not. She was very snotty about it. When Anna told her that she lives with a member of  the NRA, she nastily retorted that it was not the same thing.  Don't her bosses see what we see.. I know their motto is making sparks, but, this is ridiculous.  She was insufferable today.  

She was snotty and very disrespectful.  She is not interested in the talk show format she is interested in filibustering.

24 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Monique's interview didn't do her any favours. Her resume may be impressive, but she hasn't been relevant for awhile. If Netflix offered her less money, it's because they understood that simple math. Amy Schumer was super popular at one point, but she still doesn't compare to Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle who are legends and people will watch/listen to even if they take a break. She should have taken the money and done the special and used it to restart her career, doing this isn't helping her. That being said, the View is a little late on this issue.

Honestly I would tune in to Netflix for Monique rather than Schumer just because of the age difference and more "me" references.  Did I get it wrong?  Was she asking for a boycott over a mere 1/2 mil?  The other comedians have worked at Netflix and have earned their money was this her first contract, or lack of one, with them?

9 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Just like everyone else, what you say online can hurt your career.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan felt that being a member of NRA gave her a perspective that the others do not. She was very snotty about it. When Anna told her that she lives with a member of  the NRA, she nastily retorted that it was not the same thing.  Don't her bosses see what we see.. I know their motto is making sparks, but, this is ridiculous.  She was insufferable today.  

I wish someone would tell her the same thing when she brings up her "experience" with her father's failed campaign. He ran, you didn't. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

10gi4jr.jpg

Ana didn't look pleased when she was constantly interrupted by Meghan. I suppose it doesn't matter, since Ana will probably get the job after Meghan leaves. As long as the ratings stay up, Meghan's place will remain there though.

24gkbxh.png

hsoxmo.png

Everyone’s face when she was speaking just showed their bewilderment by her attitude....

Even though it looked like Whoopi was directing her “ENOUGH” to Sunny, she was glaring at Meghan as she was cutting Sunny off from trying to make her point about facts and data.  It’s interesting that Whoopi still won’t say, “ENOUGH MEGHAN!” But, Joy seems to have learned not to try and converse with Meghan as she’s going on her rants, since doing so causes Fox News and conservative robots on Twitter to spend a week trying to get you fired.  It was telling that Joy really pulled herself out of the conversation until after the commercial break, they let her talk about her opinions as a teacher.  (The producers must have told Meghan she had to let Joy share her experience, since she conceded that “the other side” deserves to be heard too.)

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Honestly I would tune in to Netflix for Monique rather than Schumer just because of the age difference and more "me" references.  Did I get it wrong?  Was she asking for a boycott over a mere 1/2 mil?  The other comedians have worked at Netflix and have earned their money was this her first contract, or lack of one, with them?

I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you, but Amy at her peak was still offered less when she first got her special. She was still doing well enough at the time to warrant more negotiation. Monique hasn't been doing much and is known for having a bad attitude and being difficult to work with. She could negotiate, but instead of accepting the deal and using it to restart her career, she resorted to a boycott which doesn't do her any favours.

• Love 10

For the (hopefully) last time, John McCain is not Meghan McCain.  

We will lock the thread for a while to give many of you a chance to google them, see which is which, and make sure you're talking about the one that is a host on The View.  

Who funds John McCain's campaigns is not relevant unless it was discussed on the show. 

P.S. Meghan's husband is also not on the show.  

I agree about Mo'Nique.  Heck, Tom Hanks still promotes his movies and he's the biggest star around.  Promoting a movie makes it more successful and what actor doesn't want to help make it successful?  Mo'Nique, apparently.  She shot herself in the foot by trying to start a boycott of Netflix.  Now she'll never get any offers.  I would have grabbed that half million and not looked back.  And calling herself a legend?  Please.

Ana was so quiet today and last time as well.  It's like she's scared to talk.  I guess she has to be careful now not to ruffle Meghan's feathers after that dust-up a couple of weeks ago.     

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Ana was so quiet today and last time as well.  It's like she's scared to talk.  I guess she has to be careful now not to ruffle Meghan's feathers after that dust-up a couple of weeks ago.  

I disagree. Ana isn't afraid to voice her opinions and she doesn't suffer fools. Just watch her on CNN. I think she knows there's no point in trying to reason with Meghan. She calls out and criticizes EVERYONE. Even 45, and he's in a more powerful position than Meghan. 

And just what was Meghan blathering on about bump stocks and the Second Amendment?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9

Meghan pisses me off.  I hate her GOTCHA! tactics (don't get me started on the question she asked the Parkland students about how the FEEL about the FBI possibly being able to stop the shooter but not following up.)  I hate her tone-deaf parroting of right wing talking points.  I hate her whining and whinging about being so exhausted dealing with the big liberal meanies at the table on The View.

But today, I am mainly sad, because I heard a friend of mine, also an NRA member, say today pretty much what Meghan said about bump stocks and the Second Amendment.  Sigh.

• Love 12

So, it was the Meghan McCain Show today. 

There has got to be a reason that they let her interrupt everyone; a reason like she's leaving SOON (please, please, God).  

MM ends up  fucking reading most of her statements----every day--- because she can't speak intelligently, and yet she rudely continues on.  

Whoopi is complicit in this BS and it makes me dislike her more as well.  Kiss ass.  Letting MM spew her entitked, clueless hate for too long.  I'm waiting for the day that MM slips her chain and ignores Whoopi too. It's like that old fable of the alligator carrying animals across the river, until she eats one. "Why the surprise, you knew I was an alligator. "

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I've said this before but never has a co-host on a talk show ever made this angry. This show is supposed to be fun and light-hearted while also discussing serious topics. Meghan is making it nearly impossible to watch.

Sing it, sister.

• Love 17

Mo'Nique came off terribly, and I think Whoppi was really trying to hold back criticism so as not to create conflict. When the segment was over she let out a weird "Oh, darn!" - I think she was glad it was over because she could see that Mo'Nique was doing herself no favors. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Mo'Nique came off terribly, and I think Whoppi was really trying to hold back criticism so as not to create conflict. When the segment was over she let out a weird "Oh, darn!" - I think she was glad it was over because she could see that Mo'Nique was doing herself no favors. 

I recall a time when actors were saying there weren't roles for older women, and Whoopi disagreed, saying there are roles, you just have to get out there and be willing to take the roles offered.  I think she probably disagreed wit Mo'nique, but didn't want to call her out.  

• Love 10

Watching the show delayed, there were 59 minutes left when Meghan interrupted Sunny the first time.  Sunny said trump wanted teachers to have guns, Meghan "interjects" to correct her, saying he wants teachers with military training to have guns.   And her "what did I just say?"   was uncalled for.  As Ana pointed out, trump talked, then  tweeted, and then put out a statement about teachers having guns, and each time it was slightly different. 

a few minutes later, Joy talks about not believing a word trump says, Sunny starts to talk, Meghan chimes in, Sunny says to her "one second", but Meghan talks right over her, with her "I'm the only NRA member at the table" and starts yelling about Democrats.  Whoopi gives a speech, Ana talks about how the issue is multi-faceted, and then Meghan AGAIN is "the only NRA member sitting at the table", as though that gives her license to talk over everyone and cut everyone off.  And she continued, over and over.  Meghan paints everyone who is NOT an NRA member as being "against the second amendment" even though Joy has corrected that idea on a past episode, and then Joy has to once again, try to disavow her of that idea.  

After a commercial break, more about arming teachers, Sunny AGAIN tries to talk, saying she wants to talk about facts because facts matter, and Meghan AGAIN will not let her talk until whoopi makes Meghan STFU. (for a minute anyway)  The whole discussion consisted of Meghan getting bent out of shape about gun rights.    The way she always prefaces her opinion with "as a conservative"  or "as a republican", today it was "as an NRA member."  She is all worked up because the NRA is under attack.  She may as well have been sitting there with an AR-15 in her lap and an NRA hat on her head.

I will say something positive about Meghan, for once.  Her hair looked terrific, and the outfit she was wearing, (I only saw the top half of it) was a nice mix of dark and bright colors that complemented her coloring very nicely.  really, it's probably the nicest she has ever looked, except for the bitchy expression on her face.

• Love 17