Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: In-Laws And Friends

• Start Topic

Watching the episode now:

Yikes, Jon and Molly better not break up, or else Jon will be homeless.  What happened between Jon and Molly?  Sounds like Molly and Jepthe should have been matched, we could have watched both of them take baby steps.

Still don't think Jaclyn should have been chosen for this show.

I still think Jepthe is a jerk, which makes Shawnice more clingy, which makes Jepthe more of a jerk and so it goes.

I think I fell asleep and missed a part of this, I'll have to catch it online or on demand, I didn't see when the guys were talking together; I did see the women out together, either I'm really tired or this show is boring.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I assumed Jon gave up his place at least partly because he's not working and he doesn't want to pay rent on it. 

43 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yikes, Jon and Molly better not break up, or else Jon will be homeless.  What happened between Jon and Molly?  Sounds like Molly and Jepthe should have been matched, we could have watched both of them take baby steps.

I still think Jepthe is a jerk, which makes Shawnice more clingy, which makes Jepthe more of a jerk and so it goes.

I think I fell asleep and missed a part of this, I'll have to catch it online or on demand, I didn't see when the guys were talking together; I did see the women out together, either I'm really tired or this show is boring.

I feel like I missed a step in Jephte and Shawniece's relationship, but I'm glad he appears to be being nicer to her. Molly and Jon and Jephte and Shawniece should totally swap partners. Molly really does not appear to like Jon at all, and Jon is pissed.

• Love 8

I have a feeling the fact that Jonathan is unemployed is a huge turn off for Molly. 

I still don’t believe Jephte really cares about Shawniece.  He is probably counting the days until the “experiment” is over. 

• Love 7

What, where, when .. Jep had sex with Shawnice?  A rose, more flowers .. I don't believe it.  He did a complete turn around.  I don't buy it.

Does Ryan have to mention how many hours he's working every time he's with Jon, who has no job yet?  Asshole !

My heart is breaking for Jon, unless it's scripted.  If it's true how the "Ice Princess" is treating him, I would tell Molly to fuck off .. Go get my cat and leave her in the $24OO apartment with her hair and nails.  Who the hell does she think she is?  No wonder she's been looking for a guy for ten years.  I can't stand her.

• Love 18

Jaclyn and Ryan have family over for a quiet dinner. Shawneice and Jephte have a party with friends and family. Molly and Jon have Molly’s friends over for takeout. That was a weird, mixed-bag of events. 

Editing, editing, I know it’s all editing, but Jaclyn and Ryan seem to be the ones trying to work through things with some normalcy.  

What the what Jephte?! Whiplash turn around of forgiveness seeking and sex. Of course he pointed out to the guys that Shawneice won’t leave him alone now so it doesn’t sound like he’s all in exactly.

Molly and Jon? Eh, I don’t know what to say. I’m wondering if now after the initial high of the wedding and honeymoon is gone Jon’s non-job status has cooled Molly’s relationshipy jets. He seems like a pleasant enough guy and they are married, but if I knew I was going to check out at the end I don’t know if I’d want to have sex either. Although some affection of some sort is not too much to ask. I like to hold hands, hug, and cuddle with non-sexual friends. Maybe she isn’t a demonstrative person. 

• Love 5

I think that Jep thing was interesting...anyone else pause on his card to her? There was a chunk (bolded) that was obviously edited out...plus another bit at the end.

"I'm sorry for shutting down and projecting my anger from this TV BS on to you. I'm starting to see how me trying to protect myself might be hurting you, and for that I apologize. I hope you don't think it was intentional. From here on out be 100% yourself and I'll be here to accept you. (I would draw hearts but I'm a grown ass man!) Your husband, Jephte"

Card itself inside text: "The road might seem long right now but you'll (he crossed out the printed text to say "we'll" get there. Have HOPE and KEEP GOING!"  (Also card envelope said "Baby Mom") Front of the card wasn't shown where I could see it to see what the front said.

I think it's interesting it may be the filming dynamics he's taking issue with almost more than her and that's what's impacting their interactions more than some of his actual feelings about her.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, onatrek said:

I think that Jep thing was interesting...anyone else pause on his card to her? There was a chunk (bolded) that was obviously edited out...plus another bit at the end.

I think it's interesting it may be the filming dynamics he's taking issue with almost more than her and that's what's impacting their interactions more than some of his actual feelings about her.

I also paused the card because I saw the word TV and did not hear her say it when she read it.  Jep also said during basketball that he wanted to have sex with her and that is why he slept on the floor because if he was next to her he would have. He was attracted to her. I wonder to if the cameras were the factor. What school teacher wants to be seen on TV making out or in bed with his wife? I wonder if they took the cameras out for a few days and then he was able to feel comfortable to get intimate?

Maybe they pitched the show to Jep saying he would be matched and experts would visit them and they would film with the other couples, but did not tell him how much they wanted to film the intimate moments.

I wonder how much Molly's issues are because she is a twin? Molly's sister is engaged? or married? I also agree unemployment could be an issue. If her twin has a great guy with a great job, why would Molly want to seal the deal with an unemployed guy. I see Molly as a women who wants to have kids at the same time as her sister and be able to have a nice house and stay at home at least for a few years and go to the mom and me groups with her sisters. I wonder if he will get a job in the next month and if we see a difference. I was surprised a that he said he made about 70k at his old job. That does not seem that much for a guy that has been in the financial world for 5 + years with a degree? I went to college in MA in the 90's and after college I was offered 60k+ to start at an investment firm in Boston and the cost of living was sure lower in the 90's then today. Do we know what he does? is it sell life insurance or mange investment portfolios.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, silverspoons said:

I also paused the card because I saw the word TV and did not hear her say it when she read it.  Jep also said during basketball that he wanted to have sex with her and that is why he slept on the floor because if he was next to her he would have. He was attracted to her. I wonder to if the cameras were the factor. What school teacher wants to be seen on TV making out or in bed with his wife? I wonder if they took the cameras out for a few days and then he was able to feel comfortable to get intimate?

Maybe they pitched the show to Jep saying he would be matched and experts would visit them and they would film with the other couples, but did not tell him how much they wanted to film the intimate moments.

I wonder how much Molly's issues are because she is a twin? Molly's sister is engaged? or married? I also agree unemployment could be an issue. If her twin has a great guy with a great job, why would Molly want to seal the deal with an unemployed guy. I see Molly as a women who wants to have kids at the same time as her sister and be able to have a nice house and stay at home at least for a few years and go to the mom and me groups with her sisters. I wonder if he will get a job in the next month and if we see a difference. I was surprised a that he said he made about 70k at his old job. That does not seem that much for a guy that has been in the financial world for 5 + years with a degree? I went to college in MA in the 90's and after college I was offered 60k+ to start at an investment firm in Boston and the cost of living was sure lower in the 90's then today. Do we know what he does? is it sell life insurance or mange investment portfolios.

Exactly what made me go back and pause! I knew I had seen TV and thought maybe the other two caps were BS and so was VERY curious since I knew she'd not said that!

I think that's probably accurate. Clearly they aren't followed nearly non-stop and asked as many in the moment type segments, etc. when they're casting like they are for the show, so I could see someone (esp if they haven't followed this series or similar ones prior) really thinking it's far less intrusive than it is and sort of panicking and shutting down.  Still sucks when that gets taken out on someone else, but I can certainly see it happening.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, answerphone said:

How much of Jepthe's changing emotions are due to editing? Geez.

Shawniece looks so blah and messy in the talking heads, and is such a cutie pie in the other scenes.

7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I assumed Jon gave up his place at least partly because he's not working and he doesn't want to pay rent on it. 

I feel like I missed a step in Jephte and Shawniece's relationship, but I'm glad he appears to be being nicer to her. Molly and Jon and Jephte and Shawniece should totally swap partners. Molly really does not appear to like Jon at all, and Jon is pissed.

7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling the fact that Jonathan is unemployed is a huge turn off for Molly. 

I still don’t believe Jephte really cares about Shawniece.  He is probably counting the days until the “experiment” is over. 

Something feels very off about Jephte's sudden turn around.  I would not be surprised if production clued him in on how bad he is looking.  I also would not be surprised if production actually brought the flower and the card.  I still do not really believe he is into her.  I hope he does not just stay with someone he is not into for Jamie Otis levels of reality fame.

I suspect many of the most current season's couples only stayed together for the exposure from the show, like Sonia and Nick or Cody and what's her name.  I can imagine Jephte doing that, but we hear of the divorce about a year after decision day.

Shawniece has beautiful skin.  She was really glowing when the ladies had their lunch.

6 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

That was a fast turn around with Jep and Shawniece. He should have given her a rose earlier. 

Poor Jon. He doesn't have a job to distract him from the fact that this marriage is so far going nowhere. 

7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Hey Jon .. Come to New York City.  I have a few nice girls that would be happy to meet you.  You can get a job on Wall Street in Finance.

7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

What, where, when .. Jep had sex with Shawnice?  A rose, more flowers .. I don't believe it.  He did a complete turn around.  I don't buy it.

Does Ryan have to mention how many hours he's working every time he's with Jon, who has no job yet?  Asshole !

My heart is breaking for Jon, unless it's scripted.  If it's true how the "Ice Princess" is treating him, I would tell Molly to fuck off .. Go get my cat and leave her in the $24OO apartment with her hair and nails.  Who the hell does she think she is?  No wonder she's been looking for a guy for ten years.  I can't stand her.

3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I think Molly is a nice person, but I swear I thought she was a little disappointed in not only Jon not having a Job, but him not really making the type of money she expected during their financial talks.  I think Jon had a nice income, but Boston is quite an expensive city and it really might not go that far there.  I also imagine that Jon is not a "live to work" type of guy, meaning he probably does other things with his time besides trying to climb the corporate ladder. Molly might just want someone a little more ambitious career wise.

I don't think she will seal the deal until she see's him really trying to look for a job (of course he might already be doing that and we are just not seeing it).

I think Jon is great.  He has a nice body, a good sense of humor, and he seemed to be very respectful of Molly's family.  I am sure his dance card will be full if Molly decides not to stay with him.

• Love 8

Did anyone else notice the cat passing behind Dr. Griffin when she was talking with Jon and Molly? You just saw a tail go by. I was shocked and felt betrayed that they didn't make an issue of the cat moving in.

Jephte and Shawniece - You should have seen my face as I tried to make sense of the envelope, Baby Mama...?

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

And it seems to be true because Molly herself confirmed it. She even used the same language ("relationship-y" - and I loved that Jon called out that she says that instead of "intimacy") that Jon told the other guys she uses when she was talking to the blonde expert who isn't Dr. Pepper (forgot her name). Even when they were talking to the expert, she straight up agreed with him that she's holding back. I didn't realize they were in Sam/Neil & David/Ashley territory where they hadn't done more than peck.

I laughed when Molly said they were planning their menu for their get-together and then they were on GrubHub ordering takeout. I guess neither of them cooks. 

It occurs to me that Jon could be unemployed for the duration of the experiment. It's only two months. Two months isn't long at all to be unemployed - some hiring processes take longer than that. I wonder how that will affect the outcome?

Ryan is such a dork. "How's the spice goin'?" Who says that?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I feel the same about Jon. I think he is really a great guy both inside and out. What the hell does Molly want??? Sheesh, plenty of women would love to have Jon. Maybe she is the kind that just holds a big old grudge. On the honeymoon, she thought he acted too childish and wild. Hello!!!! He was having fun, and just like you prob more than a little nervous about the whole new marriage thing. If that's it, get over it girl!! You ain't all that. 

• Love 9

Jon...Jobless, homeless, sexless...dude, you walked off the cliff for love and have splatt....

Molly... Her Royal Haughtiness, Princess of Gel Nails and Blowouts is crumbling under the producers' pressure to EMOTE and give Jon a crumb of affection on camera.

Jon is justifiably frustrated.

Molly is an emotionally constipated mess.

• Love 8

Expected to see Shawniece in an arm sling after Jephte's playful yank of her tiny rag doll body onto him.

Shawniece's river of tears paid off...sexy time with her husband.

Jephte's card of apology and rose were producer props because really can't see Jephte being considerate enough to stop off at the grocery store to buy them.

The Pierre-Jackson house party was the best...Patron flowing...people laughing...

The Francetic-Duff party was  the worse with no one eating the cold, expensive Chinese takeout and the guests looking for an opportunity to bolt for the door and get the hell out of there.

The Schwartzberg-Buckley family dinner was set up so Ryan could feel comfortable since he is so insecure and intimidated by strangers.

His need to control the conversation is obvious, as is his inability to listen since you can see he is thinking so hard of what to say next...he misses what the person is saying...his response is stilted and awkward.

Jacklyn's dad knows his daughter...he is suspicious of Ryan's lack of sincerity and knows something doesn't smell right...bet Dad is telling her that this bozo is not for her...

• Love 8

"Shawneice, will you accept these kazillion roses?" Whut the whut?! Did I miss an episode or three?? Who is this "Jephte," and what has the show done with the real one?!

Because I ain't buyin' what they're sellin'. Sex or no sex---he is NOT attracted to her.

Jon should look for another employer...and another wife.

I like Ryan. IMO, he's a "commitment" kind o'guy: to his job; to his family; to Jaclyn. She'd better wise up and look to the sunrise, not the sunset. Even Mourner Extraordinaire Queen Victoria would not be amused.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jon...Jobless, homeless, sexless...dude, you walked off the cliff for love and have splatt....

Molly... Her Royal Haughtiness, Princess of Gel Nails and Blowouts is crumbling under the producers' pressure to EMOTE and give Jon a crumb of affection on camera.

Jon is justifiably frustrated.

Molly is an emotionally constipated mess.

After all of "nothing" that has transpired between Jon & Molly, I hope he has the guts to just leave Molly and call it a day.  The girl has shown her true colors, and she is what she is.  She's just not into him and hopefully he realizes the fact.  He is just enamored by her skinny body and good looks and wants to jump into the sack.   BTW, where were Jon's family or friends at that fabulous spread she put out?  Doesn't anyone cook anymore?  Oh .. I forgot .. She might smudge her nails.

"

• Love 5

Jephte held out as long as he could, but I felt bad for him when they showed Shawniece with her friends asking her how he performed and what size his junk is.  On national TV.  Yikes.  I think that if it had been the men discussing same about one of the wives it would have stirred up a lot more outcry. 

• Love 13

Where to begin?

Molly and Jon. He seems like a great guy. When she said she didn't like the frat boy antics or whatever she said, he toned it down. He has a great sense of humour. He was obviously a hard worker because working in finance requires skill and patience. I am not sure what facet of finance he works in. My husband manages hedge funds, so I have seen the work that goes into it. I'm beginning to see why she was single as long as she was. She's quite frigid. You married this person, and when he tries to kiss you or initiate any type of closeness, you shut him down and say it's too "relationship-y?" At this point, it doesn't even seem like he's pushing up on her for sex. He was recalling a night where they were watching telly, and he wanted to kiss/make-out, and she rejected him. There are only so many times a person will be rejected before they just give up and stop trying. If it's his lack of job or that he didn't make as much money as she expected, she should communicate that. At 14-16 days in, he doesn't know her well enough to assume how she's feeling or why. He just sees that he's trying, and she's just as distant and cold as ever. She seems like a nice person, but I don't understand her. 

Jaclyn and Ryan. Unpopular opinion, but I don't quite think she was ready for this type of show. The stress alone is rough, and it's not for me to stay, but was she really ready to move on? I've lost a loved one, but I was able to talk about them without breaking down and crying at the mention of them or their name. At that point, it had only been 18 months since his passing. If I'm not mistaken, she woke up next to his dead body. It was a traumatic experience for her. Did she get therapy? She may have been ready to date, but marriage? I just don't think it was a good idea to cast her. She seems like a sweet person, and I can't imagine how that experience has shaped her. I also think Ryan is disingenuous. Everything about him is Hallmark-y and cheesy AF. I roll my eyes when he's on my screen.

Shawniece and Jephte. She's cute as a button, but I'm tired of her crying. Sis, level up. If that man isn't stunting you, do you and do it well. Don't cry and let him see that he has that kind of power over you. I don't know what to make of this 360. Producer driven, messed up editing, or what? I can't tell. And what kind of friends ask if y'all are effing or nah and about the size of his stuff? TF? Very inappropriate conversation. The man is a public school teacher, and now he has to face the parents of his students and staff who might have watched that cringeworthy scene.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Where to begin?

Molly and Jon. He seems like a great guy. When she said she didn't like the frat boy antics or whatever she said, he toned it down. He has a great sense of humour. He was obviously a hard worker because working in finance requires skill and patience. I am not sure what facet of finance he works in. My husband manages hedge funds, so I have seen the work that goes into it. I'm beginning to see why she was single as long as she was. She's quite frigid. You married this person, and when he tries to kiss you or initiate any type of closeness, you shut him down and say it's too "relationship-y?" At this point, it doesn't even seem like he's pushing up on her for sex. He was recalling a night where they were watching telly, and he wanted to kiss/make-out, and she rejected him. There are only so many times a person will be rejected before they just give up and stop trying. If it's his lack of job or that he didn't make as much money as she expected, she should communicate that. At 14-16 days in, he doesn't know her well enough to assume how she's feeling or why. He just sees that he's trying, and she's just as distant and cold as ever. She seems like a nice person, but I don't understand her. 

Jaclyn and Ryan. Unpopular opinion, but I don't quite think she was ready for this type of show. The stress alone is rough, and it's not for me to stay, but was she really ready to move on? I've lost a loved one, but I was able to talk about them without breaking down and crying at the mention of them or their name. At that point, it had only been 18 months since his passing. If I'm not mistaken, she woke up next to his dead body. It was a traumatic experience for her. Did she get therapy? She may have been ready to date, but marriage? I just don't think it was a good idea to cast her. She seems like a sweet person, and I can't imagine how that experience has shaped her. I also think Ryan is disingenuous. Everything about him is Hallmark-y and cheesy AF. I roll my eyes when he's on my screen.

Shawniece and Jephte. She's cute as a button, but I'm tired of her crying. Sis, level up. If that man isn't stunting you, do you and do it well. Don't cry and let him see that he has that kind of power over you. I don't know what to make of this 360. Producer driven, messed up editing, or what? I can't tell. And what kind of friends ask if y'all are effing or nah and about the size of his stuff? TF? Very inappropriate conversation. The man is a public school teacher, and now he has to face the parents of his students and staff who might have watched that cringeworthy scene.

Teaching kids is a serious job.  I'm surprised he even went on this show.  I don't believe he never saw the show.   I'm wondering if he's back on the job teaching.  The girls talking about her sex life was ridiculous.  Who does that?  Producer driven for sure.  Gross !

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

It was my understanding that they don't give up their places at all. TLC pays for the "married" place, a furnished short term rental, and after the show is over, they go back to their own places unless they stay together in which case they go to one or the other's place. Nobody is going to give up their home for just 6 weeks.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It was my understanding that they don't give up their places at all. TLC pays for the "married" place, a furnished short term rental, and after the show is over, they go back to their own places unless they stay together in which case they go to one or the other's place. Nobody is going to give up their home for just 6 weeks.

He said he gave it up and it was empty when he left it. I wouldn't go to all the trouble of packing up my place for show. Even if the network pays for the temporary housing, he saves three grand (I think he said his rent was $1500 when they talked finances) by giving up his apartment. Since he's probably living on savings, I can see why he did that, particularly if his lease was ending or close to it. If he and Molly don't work out, maybe he can couch-surf - or maybe they get paid for doing the show and he'll be able to afford a new place.

1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Where to begin?

In fairness to Molly, even if she's been single all her life (and she's referenced past relationships so that doesn't appear to be true) in show-time, she just turned 25. She really hasn't been single that long. What I keep thinking is that she has said she's the funny, outgoing one among her friends and there is zero of that behavior on display here so either her friends are boring AF or she's toning things way, way down. I would believe either.

• Love 8

I just dont get Molly at all.  On a prev ep she said that she is the wild, crazy, fun, adventurous one of her group.  On this show she has been such a sad downer.  She says she is attracted to Jon, but after two weeks of daily contact won’t cuddle and kiss.  Something is really, really off about her.

• Love 14

I feel bad for Jon. He is this season's Cody. I don't know why Molly finds him unattractive- it's not hard to see now why she has been single. She's cold.

I don't get how in an instant Jephte went from pushing Shawniece away and sleeping on the floor, to having sex with her and bringing her roses. Maybe it was just editing?

I like Jackie and Ryan together even though at times Ryan does come off as annoying.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I just dont get Molly at all.  On a prev ep she said that she is the wild, crazy, fun, adventurous one of her group.  On this show she has been such a sad downer.

Oh, yeah. Wild and crazy Molly. None of us have seen that Molly. She sure does have quite a skewed opinion of herself. 

• Love 8

Jon needs to pull a Jephte..ignore Molly, sleep buck naked in another room and bring Dawn back to the his room...he may as well get cuddles from his cranky cat since his skittish wife won't let him near her.

Jon owns Molly's friendzone...he needs to stop looking like a chump... quit mooning over your dry husk of a wife..  think of the next 6 weeks as free rent and time to hang around the production crew.

Jon is salvageable, he won't have a hard time finding dates after the show is done...

Molly is a  3 dates  kind of girl...

Date 1- She looks great, comes off well...hopes are up and through the roof

Date 2- Fun date....Hugs and peck on cheek

Date 3-Time for Molly to fish or cut bait...but...

Molly won't kiss, shrinks away from affection, puts up the blinking sign that says NO Sexy Time...

Dudes won't call for a 4th date....

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes to everything you typed. I was thinking last night based on personality and dispositions only, Shawnice and Jon are also a better match.

They both seem to have physical touch as their #1 love language . She seems to be EXTREMELY patient and a caregiver (sometimes to her detriment). I can also see her being willing to try some of his adventures and being supportive of his job search. Since the way they need to receive love matches, it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment to communicate as other couples need. Of course, I have no reason to believe they are physically each others type, but if they were, they could be happy together.

As for Molly, I believe she is used to a dating relationship where she can be "on" and "off" at will. She gets fully done up and ready for dates where she gives you maybe 40% of who she really is. She can project the perfect image and then go home and be whatever she wants. I believe this experiment has been very hard for her because there is no down time. She has anxiety because she can't maintain her perfect image (in her own mind) of the cool girl if Jon is all up in her bed and smelling her farts. It's disconcerting. On top of that, he's not working yet so he is just THERE.

I agree with the poster above who said Jon needs to ignore her a little bit. I'll bet if he resumed aspects of his single life and treated her kind of like a roommate, she would relax and loosen up a bit. But, I can guarantee pressing a woman and complaining about the lack of sex has never caused any woman to get hot and horny for a man. So, stop that right now.

Edited by red12
  • Love 14

I wonder if someone told Molly she is bad in bed?  She is so guarded and skittish, she seems like a perfectionist not wanting to make a mistake.  Her perception of herself as being fun loving and the life of the party might be bravado or trying to convince herself that she does something “right”.   Just so strange.  Why didn’t the Counselor give them some non sexual intimacy exercises as homework?

• Love 3

Poor Jon. Come over here, boo. I will rub your booty!

Jepthe is strange. I believe someone told him how bad Shawniece is feeling because there is no other reason for his total 180. I will say, though, that I believe he needed some off-camera time with her because he is shy. But what I do “know”, is that he put it on Shawniece. Lol! The way they were acting at their party....shoot, they were clearly intimate and they were both pleased. (And I didn’t see anything wrong with the conversation she had with her girls. This is a crazy ass experiment. Who wouldn’t want to know details? I do!! Maybe not about what he is working with but whether it was good...hells yeah. Or maybe my friends and I are just nasty....) I think they can make it even though there will be more tears on the horizon.

Ryan is strange but is trying to keep his strange-ness on the low. He seems nice enough and I think they have nice chemistry. I like that Jackie has someone to be physically connected with. She needs both emotion and physical chemistry right now. Can you imagine being emotionally fragile and turn to a frigid partner like Molly? Jeez! I think they can make it.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

I wonder if someone told Molly she is bad in bed?  She is so guarded and skittish, she seems like a perfectionist not wanting to make a mistake.  Her perception of herself as being fun loving and the life of the party might be bravado or trying to convince herself that she does something “right”.   Just so strange.  Why didn’t the Counselor give them some non sexual intimacy exercises as homework?

You are so right.  She seems so uptight and nervous ALL THE TIME.    She certainly doesn't look like "the life of the party".   And, somewhere along the line in the beginning, I thought I heard mentioned that she said she had a threesome?  I think it was in an interview.  Molly needs to have a few glasses of wine to loosen up  if she decides she wants to have sex.  This is a stupid question but could it be that she's a virgin?  That or she just doesn't like Jon for a husband.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

This is a stupid question but could it be that she's a virgin?  That or she just doesn't like Jon for a husband

I doubt she's a virgin. I remember one of the potential candidates from season 4 being disqualified because she was one. Maybe Molly's like Jamie Otis and waits at least a month until she sleeps with the guy. Some women like to take it slow. Like Red12 said above, complaining about a lack of sex doesn't increase their partner's libido. I just hope Jon & Molly won't be sent to a tantric masseuse. 

• Love 3

Ryan and Jaclyn were obviously matched because they look like twins. They could be brother and sister twins. If someone told me they were twins, I wouldn't blink twice. They have the same missing upper lip. The same chipmunk cheeks, the same eyes, the same hair color, the same skin tone color., the same shape of face, the same teeth.  Look at them on the bed side by side when reading the fishbowl questions. She says she loves his eyes, which look just like her eyes! LOL if you see them side by side, you really notice the same skin shade and hair color too!

Really the missing upper lip on both of them is disturbing, altho Jackie's has less of one. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He said he gave it up and it was empty when he left it.

Maybe it's true for Jon. Being unemployed he probably was going to have to move anyway. Unless he saved money while he was working. For the rest of them, though, why else would they get furnished places? It just makes sense that TLC gets the temp homes for them as part of the deal. 

• Love 1

As positive as we've been toward Jon, I'm very worried about what they showed in the preview for next week.  It looks like he really hits below the belt in their conversation, which appears to be about why they're not having sex.  If Molly feels unsafe emotionally in a discussion with him, it will probably torpedo any chances he had for eventual sex.

• Love 7

Unfiltered:  Pastor Cal said married people live together - wonder what Dr. Pepper thinks about that given she & her new husband live in separate houses.

Shawniece needs to take Jon shopping at her favorite adult toy store; they need the business since she's well taken care of now.

Basically Jon seems okay; Molly's quite cold. But she's not obligated to give it up for him just because he's trying to be extra nice.  The previews show he finally snaps.

Maybe he's got roaming hands, & she can't give him a hug w/o a squeeze of the arse in return, which could be making her extra uptight. Give an inch, take a rear...

I agree Jaclyn & Ryan look related. They might find themselves at an awkward family reunion someday.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

As positive as we've been toward Jon, I'm very worried about what they showed in the preview for next week.  It looks like he really hits below the belt in their conversation, which appears to be about why they're not having sex.  If Molly feels unsafe emotionally in a discussion with him, it will probably torpedo any chances he had for eventual sex.

I have to admit I'm at a disadvantage because I missed yesterdays episode and forgot to record it as well, but Molly just sucks!  She's also the one that hit below the belt first!  She told the counselor that he acted like a 12 yr old and embarrassed him without really talking to him first.  I don't know what her deal is, but he seems pretty reasonable.  With many men its not necessarily all about the lack of sex, but the lack of any effort on her part to become closer as a couple.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

You are so right.  She seems so uptight and nervous ALL THE TIME.    She certainly doesn't look like "the life of the party".   And, somewhere along the line in the beginning, I thought I heard mentioned that she said she had a threesome?  I think it was in an interview.  Molly needs to have a few glasses of wine to loosen up  if she decides she wants to have sex.  This is a stupid question but could it be that she's a virgin?  That or she just doesn't like Jon for a husband.

I'm thinking tequilla!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Did anyone else notice the cat passing behind Dr. Griffin when she was talking with Jon and Molly? You just saw a tail go by. I was shocked and felt betrayed that they didn't make an issue of the cat moving in.

Jephte and Shawniece - You should have seen my face as I tried to make sense of the envelope, Baby Mama...?

I need to watch for the cat. I mainly listened. Wondering were the flowers and card given after they shared the bed?

• Love 2