Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: We're Having A Baby

• Start Topic

On 2/6/2018 at 9:44 PM, Emmeline said:

I think Heather’s reaction to Buddy’s addiction was very strange.  Her responce to the letter was as well.  It was just flat.

I not sure I’m remembering correctly but I thought they did get the pig neutered after he was humping Wit.  I might be wrong.

I think she thought he might say he wants to start over with her.  The letter seemed to me almost platonic (except for the kisses at the end).

I saw the coming attractions for next week. I thought I heard Whitney say it was almost a year since they saw Buddy.

Doesn’t make sense. Does anyone know what she said?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I saw the coming attractions for next week. I thought I heard Whitney say it was almost a year since they saw Buddy.

I think she said it was almost a year since they saw the REAL Buddy.  Like, a year ago he wasn't neck deep in his addiction(s).  That's what I got from it, anyway.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Dot said:

And was it really necessary for Twit to wrap her grotesque, giant body around Ashley for a massage? Surely not, unless you are constitutionally incapable of touching people appropriately. Maybe her research source was Fifty Shades of Grey.

You surpassed yourself on this one?????!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, aliya said:

I forgot - I couldn't sit or stand for long periods and had no idea what was wrong. When I went for the 6 week exam, I mentioned this. Doc said, "Oh yeah, the baby broke your coccyx. Nothing we can do. It will heal on its own."  

That happened to me but the nurse in the hospital diagnosed it.  I had an argument leaving the hospital because I absolutely refused to sit in the wheel chair going down to the car.  They finally relented but of course wouldn't let me carry the baby.  And I was relieved when my second pregnancy required a c-section.

• Love 1

People are talking a lot about how wrong it is that Whitney's father has to bribe her with a trip to Hawaii to get her to do a moderate amount of physical activity.  Has anyone mentioned how it's just plain a bad idea because Whitney may not even be capable of fulfilling her half of the bargain.  I mean, a 3.1 mile walk is easy for a person in good health, but it seems incredibly difficult if not impossible for someone as overweight as she is.  If my reality TV benefactor father offered me $10,000 to run a marathon, I would want to do that, but there's no way I could.  You gotta train and be in excellent shape for that.

Is this 5K happening in Hawaii?  She could easily reap the reward while not completing her half of the bargain.  She wouldn't even have to refuse.  Just try and fail.

3 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I think she thought he might say he wants to start over with her.  The letter seemed to me almost platonic (except for the kisses at the end).

She said sober Buddy.  Important adjective there.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

I'm picturing a 600 Lb Life big vacation show, with big vans lining up.

Someone already pitched that: 

walle-humans.jpg

Edited by Thrifty
Took a little trial and error to get the picture up.
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

People are talking a lot about how wrong it is that Whitney's father has to bribe her with a trip to Hawaii to get her to do a moderate amount of physical activity.  Has anyone mentioned how it's just plain a bad idea because Whitney may not even be capable of fulfilling her half of the bargain.  I mean, a 3.1 mile walk is easy for a person in good health, but it seems incredibly difficult if not impossible for someone as overweight as she is.  If my reality TV benefactor father offered me $10,000 to run a marathon, I would want to do that, but there's no way I could.  You gotta train and be in excellent shape for that.

Is this 5K happening in Hawaii?  She could easily reap the reward while not completing her half of the bargain.  She wouldn't even have to refuse.  Just try and fail.

The 5K will be in Hawaii, so there's really no way to enforce that she does it - she could get the trip and just not show up for the race, since it's not like anyone can drag or carry her weight. I definitely think that Whitney is thinking that she *can't* do a 5K, but I just think it's incredibly pathetic that this woman who claims to have a dance career and be able to dance for hours gets so winded just walking from a driveway into a house, and is so upset about walking 3.1 miles even though she totally CHOSE to do that race a couple seasons ago (and roped her dad into doing it because SHE was worried about HIS health, with his prediabetes scare). She started out bad and has fallen so far in just a few short years, it should be a huge wakeup call for her but she's just braying and clueless and awful.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The 5K will be in Hawaii, so there's really no way to enforce that she does it - she could get the trip and just not show up for the race, since it's not like anyone can drag or carry her weight. I definitely think that Whitney is thinking that she *can't* do a 5K, but I just think it's incredibly pathetic that this woman who claims to have a dance career and be able to dance for hours gets so winded just walking from a driveway into a house, and is so upset about walking 3.1 miles even though she totally CHOSE to do that race a couple seasons ago (and roped her dad into doing it because SHE was worried about HIS health, with his prediabetes scare). She started out bad and has fallen so far in just a few short years, it should be a huge wakeup call for her but she's just braying and clueless and awful.

The original idea for the show was that it would follow her attempt to lose weight?  Right?  It's been on for 3 years (though I don't understand how that translates to 5 seasons....)  If she had put forth some effort and had even a modest weight loss of 50 pounds per year, she'd be down 150 pounds.  I think someone said the last confirmed weight for her was 380?  She could be 230 right now.  Still a little ways to go, but she'd be in so much better shape.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

The original idea for the show was that it would follow her attempt to lose weight?  Right?  It's been on for 3 years (though I don't understand how that translates to 5 seasons....)  If she had put forth some effort and had even a modest weight loss of 50 pounds per year, she'd be down 150 pounds.  I think someone said the last confirmed weight for her was 380?  She could be 230 right now.  Still a little ways to go, but she'd be in so much better shape.

I'm not sure about that.  Was the premise of the show in the beginning for her to lose weight? Hmmm......I'll have to look back, but, I was thinking that it was how she could live her life as a plus size woman, dancing, going to the beach, dating, etc. while fighting against fat shaming.   Later, they showed things she could do, and some things that she could NOT do.  She made a half ass effort to lose weight, but, that didn't pan out, except she avoided diabetes, but, this season we see her openly having ice cream parties, eating pizza, etc.  To me, it looks like she gave up.  She's not even teaching her regular class anymore.  I hope to see something wake her up.  Perhaps Buddy's situation will cause her to draw some parallels.  She must be exhausted.  Her body looks to be in pain, imo. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure about that.  Was the premise of the show in the beginning for her to lose weight? Hmmm......I'll have to look back, but, I was thinking that it was how she could live her life as a plus size woman, dancing, going to the beach, dating, etc. while fighting against fat shaming.   Later, they showed things she could do, and some things that she could NOT do.  She made a half ass effort to lose weight, but, that didn't pan out, except she avoided diabetes, but, this season we see her openly having ice cream parties, eating pizza, etc.  To me, it looks like she gave up.  She's not even teaching her regular class anymore.  I hope to see something wake her up.  Perhaps Buddy's situation will cause her to draw some parallels.  She must be exhausted.  Her body looks to be in pain, imo. 

I've never actually watched this show, but I am going off the Wikipedia article:

The series chronicles the life of Whitney Way Thore, a woman who weighed 380 pounds (170 kg) at the beginning of the series (which Thore attributes to polycystic ovary syndrome) and is determined to lose weight throughout the course of the series. Thore became popular when her former radio station's morning show, Jared and Katie in the Morning on 107.5 KZL came up with and posted "107.5 KZL's Fat Girl Dancing" videos, with more than eight million views on YouTube.

• Love 6

Also when she was having her sniff 'n sneeze session on the couch with Buddy's clothes, did anyone notice her face was SO RED. Like allergic reaction/contact dermatitis status. I bet she was rubbing her jowls all over his belongings before Heather arrived.

• Love 8

I don't think Whitney had the right to announce anything about Buddy, and I especially don't think it was right for her to out Tal.  I sincerely hope that Buddy stays away from this group, but he won't.  Also, Heather, your boyfriend and alleged love of your life just wrote us letters from rehab, but "I'LL READ MINE FIRST".  There is nothing - NOTHING that is not completely about Whitney.  Never does she think to say, hey Heather - this is pretty terrible for all of us, but you must really be going through a lot.  Also, I interpreted Buddy's letter as a big "IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S MEEEE, LIVE YOUR LIFE, BE FREEEEEE" kiss off, but all Heather saw was a big heart.  She needs to move on, man.

I really don't know what's with this nit-Whit wearing a bikini top to swim laps but hey, anything to get a rise out of dear old dad.

I maintain that I don't think that Whitney is a bad person, but she has been enabled, to such a disgusting degree, that ever acting like a normal human being seems unlikely.

The pig thing is stupid beyond measure.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Thrifty said:

The original idea for the show was that it would follow her attempt to lose weight?  Right? 

I always thought so. Now it's about pregnant friends, addicted friends, the parents, the cats, stalking boyfriends, etc etc. Hell, anybody can have a show about that stuff. I don't understand where TLC is going with this show. It's nothing more than the life of a single fat girl and her dysfunctional friends and family. What about her going to the gym with her trainer? When was the last time we saw that? Does she even go to the gym anymore? Whit is extremely lucky she's still getting a paycheck for this drek of a show. 

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She's not even teaching her regular class anymore. 

I thought it was an accepted fact that there never WAS a "regular class."  Back in the day, the Greensboro Dance Theater listed it on the schedule as something that only took place during filming for the show.  They noted:  "Call for information."  Everything else had a specific day of the week and time for their REGULAR classes.  BGDC NEVER had that notification because it was never real.

• Love 7

I suppose TLC has their own theory of what makes for a successful show.  I guess their ratings people examine the ratings of other shows and see what the viewers tune into more  Apparently, injuries, illness, weddings, pregnancies, baby birthing, athletic challenges, and TRIPS, especially to Hawaii are on their go to list.  Recall that the Roloffs and Browns have gone to Hawaii.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, sara1025 said:

THIS. She's so damn spoiled that apparently it's a chore to HAVE to go to Hawaii. Maybe I'm just bitter because I haven't been able to afford a vacation in like a decade but MY GOD show some appreciation you twat!!! She's like acting like a whiny toddler about the whole thing. And if TLC is paying for the trip and she's just reading from a script, she should be ashamed how low she'll go and act to keep her pathetic show going.

The whole thing with her and Ashley after the delivery was too much, if they were an actual couple I could understand but for two straight women that was a little overly affectionate (not so much blaming Ashley, Whitney was doing most of the kissing and stroking). When Whitney was talking to the step mom after the delivery and she was stroking her hair? STOP TOUCHING PEOPLE IN THAT WAY! I think it probably annoys me more so because I'm not a touchy person in general, but I've never known anyone to be that touchy and grabby towards other people. And I cringed for Ashley when Whitney was "massaging" her before the labor, she seemed so uncomfortable.

Love how after Whitney had her disgusting sneeze fit into her hands, she proceeded to touch Buddy's clothing right after (and smelling it, of course). Is there anything about her that isn't absolutely repulsive?

Right? If it's such a pain for her, for future trips she can come on here and ask if any of us would like to go in her place. I'd happily run the 5k as long as there's no Glenn ass-grabbing going on.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I always thought so. Now it's about pregnant friends, addicted friends, the parents, the cats, stalking boyfriends, etc etc. Hell, anybody can have a show about that stuff. I don't understand where TLC is going with this show. It's nothing more than the life of a single fat girl and her dysfunctional friends and family. What about her going to the gym with her trainer? When was the last time we saw that? Does she even go to the gym anymore? Whit is extremely lucky she's still getting a paycheck for this drek of a show. 

It's like Hoarders. TLC shows it for a) the shock value and b) making YOU feel good about your life. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, greekmom said:

It's like Hoarders. TLC shows it for a) the shock value and b) making YOU feel good about your life. 

Good point.  And then there's also the inspirational value of shows like that. I don't watch Hoarders regularly, but every time I do, I run around during the commercials cleaning something or putting things away. Watching Whitney live her big fat dysfunctional life has established a 3-times-per-week-minimum-get-butt-to-the-gym habit. Every time I attempt to blow it off, an image of Whitney (in this episode, the buttwings as she ran down the corridor) promptly re-invigorates my commitment. :-)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Good point.  And then there's also the inspirational value of shows like that. I don't watch Hoarders regularly, but every time I do, I run around during the commercials cleaning something or putting things away. Watching Whitney live her big fat dysfunctional life has established a 3-times-per-week-minimum-get-butt-to-the-gym habit. Every time I attempt to blow it off, an image of Whitney (in this episode, the buttwings as she ran down the corridor) promptly re-invigorates my commitment. :-)

THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have said before, this show is a great appetite suppressant.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I'm looking at all the 5k events in Hawaii that took place in July/August/even September, since August was when she posted on her SM about her trip to Hawaii, and I can't find Whit or Glenn on a single one of the results sites. I'm going to take this to mean that it's either going to be a fake event, or she's not going to finish (inferred that the latter is likely since I recall we saw in the season preview clips that she has a meltdown during the 5k).

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

...I just think it's incredibly pathetic that this woman who claims to have a dance career and be able to dance for hours gets so winded just walking from a driveway into a house...

Oh! Yes! She's been that pathetic since day one, actually. I revisited her very first episode, and look at this dialogue...

(going to start rehearsing a one-minute dance)

Todd: Sixty seconds in length!

Whit: I know, but I'm already tired!

Todd: We took the elevator.

Whit: So? We had to walk to get to the elevator.

And then the thing she says in her TH immediately after is, "My physical fitness level is by far the worst it's ever been."

It's so interesting how her very first episode predicted so much. She predicts the dance marathon faint, when she says, "I'm a little bit nervous that I may get an adrenaline rush, and overestimate what I might be doing, and then I could be passed out on the floor, walrusing, in fifteen minutes." It's never stopped being true, Whit. It's never stopped being true.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

Oh! Yes! She's been that pathetic since day one, actually. I revisited her very first episode, and look at this dialogue...

(going to start rehearsing a one-minute dance)

Todd: Sixty seconds in length!

Whit: I know, but I'm already tired!

Todd: We took the elevator.

Whit: So? We had to walk to get to the elevator.

And then the thing she says in her TH immediately after is, "My physical fitness level is by far the worst it's ever been."

And yet, fat acceptance movement people like her will insist "Health at every size!  Just because I'm fat doesn't make me unhealthy!  Skinny people can be unhealthy too!"

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I really don't know what's with this nit-Whit wearing a bikini top to swim laps but hey, anything to get a rise out of dear old dad.

I have been saying there is something wrong with that relationship. And I don’t know if he’s a participant or it is  all on her side. I said previously  that this scene really bugged me. The way she kept looking at him I think is what bothered me most. It was coy and flirtatious.  It’s not how you interact with your father.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Every addict has to hit their bottom. She evidently has not yet hit hers. And that’s OK as that is her right. My objection is that there are desperate people that see her as a role model and she encourages that.

• Love 9

Whitney also said multiple times "I kicked him in the balls!" talking about how she kicked her father when learning how to swim. Most grown women would not be so delighted to bring up their father's genitals. I would personally use the less graphic term "crotch" so that I wouldn't even have to think about the fact that my parents have the gonads that created me, LOL.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney also said multiple times "I kicked him in the balls!" talking about how she kicked her father when learning how to swim. Most grown women would not be so delighted to bring up their father's genitals. I would personally use the less graphic term "crotch" so that I wouldn't even have to think about the fact that my parents have the gonads that created me, LOL.

Yes, Clairewalks,  you are absolutely right. I noticed that too and  it was one of the things that just didn’t sit right with me.  

• Love 4
On February 6, 2018 at 5:41 PM, John M said:

Training to walk in the pool? Training to walk 3 miles?

When they were at the dinner table, Glenn said, "When Whitney and I were training...."  Please!!!  He makes her sound like Rocky Fucking Balboa.  

• Love 15

Whitney also said multiple times "I kicked him in the balls!" talking about how she kicked her father when learning how to swim

That bothered me as well. As did her wheedling him to put on the swim cap. The poor guy was looking rather overheated when he wore it because he wasn't in the pool. I think she learned early on that if she whines enough she gets her way. I wish he had just declined. (Baby steps.)

• Love 7
On 2/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, alabetser said:

Whitney is the last person ready to be a supportive assistant, so no surprise at all that she can't handle it. I'm guessing IRL Ashley knows that and the "birth coach" is just for the show. I hope the dad really is out of frame and can help Ashley and the baby. 

Agreed.  It seemed to me that there was a lot of odd cropping of the scenes in the birthing room.  I can't imagine the father wasn't there.  I have never hated Whitney until this episode.  What an asshole.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, Elizzikra said:

Are they going to wash out that pig bite on Babs's hand or are they just going to shove all the germs and bacteria from the pig's mouth, the dirty towel and the frozen veg further down into that cut?

Also, I think Piggy needs some pig friends instead of living in a suburban backyard, which is pretty far from his natural habitat...

Is Piggy neutered?

YES Piggy is neutered.

Whitney didn't really approve of Babs getting the pig in the first place.  And Piggy never really approved of Whit either.  Can't help thinking that's why she was so willing to help Babs get rid of him rather than out of sensible concern for him.

• Love 3

What exactly is Glenn suppose to be helping her with for training? Walking a 5k doesn't take much beyond being able to walk for an hour or so (running continuously is a whole other story). If she's working up endurance with laps in the pool, what does Glenn need to be there for? She knows how to walk and he's not really teaching her anything. 

It just seems like another example of her creepy sexual-laden relationship. Why the posted photos of long kisses on the lips, naked chest posters above the bed, and bragging about kicks to the gonads? Who the hell has that vibe with their father?! Maybe 1 could be a poor taste joke but the combination is mega creepy. 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Dot said:

I hope you are joking.

I'm sorry, everybody.  I posted that back when I was reading the first page, and then I saw all the repeated questions (and answers) and I feel like a real asshole.  But not as big an asshole as I think Whitney is.

She was so fast to try to convince Heather that she had to move on--and I realize this might be the correct advice--that it seemed Whitney was enjoying herself.  I've always felt Whitney was a little "off" in her relationship with Heather, seeing as how Heather displaced Whitney in Buddy's affections.  Oh, and that Heather is the most normal-looking person on this show.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'm sorry, everybody.  I posted that back when I was reading the first page, and then I saw all the repeated questions (and answers) and I feel like a real asshole.  But not as big an asshole as I think Whitney is.

She was so fast to try to convince Heather that she had to move on--and I realize this might be the correct advice--that it seemed Whitney was enjoying herself.  I've always felt Whitney was a little "off" in her relationship with Heather, seeing as how Heather displaced Whitney in Buddy's affections.  Oh, and that Heather is the most normal-looking person on this show.

Oh Whitney is totally conflicted in her feelings about Heather. On the one hand, Heather is thin and cute and apparently capable of having normal relationships with men, all things Whitney wishes she was. On the other hand, Heather, as a submissive, beta personality, is one of Whitney’s loudest and staunchest amplifiers, so Whitney can’t go full mean-girl. The result is this passive-aggressive, self-serving behavior that Whitney wields and Heather mistakes for friendship.

• Love 12

The scene with Ashley & Whitney on the couch was weird. And disturbing. And did I say weird? Like, when I was pregnant and trying to kick start labor, I cannot under any circumstances imagine myself interacting like that with a friend. Just no. Likewise, I cannot imagine being the friend trying to help the pregnant friend, with weird "massages" (seriously WTF was that) and gross food. Just no. And Whitney was perilously close to fiddling with Ashley's nipples. I couldn't believe my ears when that topic came up, but once it did I noticed Whitney's hands were awfully close to that general area. NO WAY would I do that with/to a friend nor be on the receiving end. Breast pumps work fine. Of course then Whitney would've wanted the colostrum she might have pumped. Oh lord I'm frankly surprised Whitney did not offer to suckle. *shudder*

Does anyone think Donna might be something along the lines of a caretaker for Whitney? Thinking of 600 LB Life, where people need help bathing and such.

Edited by Stripper Glitter
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Why do I think the show will show her completing the 5k even though it will probably be a Rosie Ruiz.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Why do I think the show will show her completing the 5k even though it will probably be a Rosie Ruiz.

OMG I can imagine Whitney waddling around the corner and crossing the finish line 12 minutes after the gun went off, acting like she totally just won the whole race LOL

For those who don't get the reference

Edited by ClareWalks
edited to include link
  • Love 6
On 2/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, Christi said:

um...they are not...just very smart...thats like saying pit bulls are aggressive and mean...I hate when animals get tagged with a certain behavior...Im probably friends with more mini pigs on IG and FB than people...and they are AMAZING.

Shit Whitney, you ever watch My Cat from Hell?

Um yeah, cats bite....a LOT.

99.9 percent of the time, its not the animal's fault, but they pay the price?

Pigs are pack animals?? Jesus Christ, so are dogs...so lets all take our dogs to a dog farm somewhere...this is such bullshit...do your research before getting ANY animal period.

I raised regular sized pigs for a period of time. Mine were mean and aggressive. They escaped their pen, and trapped me in my car.

23 hours ago, Maricopa said:

I'm from NC too and she is correct.

My siblings and I always referred to our parents as Mommy and Daddy (but only when referring to them amongst ourselves)...we didn't call them that to their face.  We called them Mom and Dad.

I live in NE Ohio. :)

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Stripper Glitter said:

Does anyone think Donna might be something along the lines of a caretaker for Whitney? Thinking of 600 LB Life, where people need help bathing and such.

I think we’re all pretty much in agreement on this one. The conventional wisdom appears to be that she gets to live in the house rent-free (or at a reduced rate) in exchange for personal care assistance (not even touching the ‘senshus massage’), including bathrooming help in challenging places such as her cruise ship berth. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I almost fainted reading this.

Thirty year Labor and Delivery nurse here. I heard one break while a patient was pushing. Few things work related made me cringe. That was one of them. 

As for the baby smell, it's not pretty in the beginning. And the trend now, is to delay the bath for hours, (24 where I worked - it helps with temperature regulation and breastfeeding) so the little people are not exactly smell worthy. Unless you're Whitney apparently. 

• Love 3

I know we've gone over this before, but after this episode it bears repeating: there is something wrong with the way that that Whitney sexualizes everything. Not only does she exhibit almost zero signs of personal space and appropriate boundaries, but for a woman of her age (ie. not a teenager), there is something disturbing in the way that she makes EVERYTHING about sex. I have a dirty mind. I joke about sex with my mom, husband, and friends. I probably make at least one reference to it a day. But it almost seems like she can't get through any situation without making it something about sex. The touchy-feely stuff with Ashley was weird, too. Girlfriend couldn't let her get more than a few inches away. 

• Love 12

holding peanut balls steady

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a peanut ball? Please tell me it's a type of cookie and post the recipe.

except she avoided diabetes

I wouldn't count on that. I have Type II diabetes, the kind that Whitney was facing (the kind you develop from poor diet and excess weight). After I was diagnosed, I lost some weight and reined in the diet - so my A1C (a blood test that measures, basically, your average blood sugar) was less than 7, (A1C of 7 or higher is diagnostic for Type II). That's what Whitney did - she brought her A1C down - but it could go right back up again if she isn't careful about what she eats and she continues to carry so much extra weight. She should be getting blood tests regularly to monitor but one good A1C doesn't make her permanently cured.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

A couple of things bother me about the quick move to give the pig away. First and foremost, they chose not to fix the pig. That makes the majority of any agressive behavior their fault. That’s irresponsible pet ownership. Also I wonder if the bite was an accident. Whitney so tactfully called it her ‘stroke hand’ and Babs said she was giving the pig a snack. Is t possible Babs has less control over that hand and didn’t hold her hand right or pull it away quickly enough so it was more accident than agressive pig. Finally, Whitney had the entire thing set up before even being told it was ok to rehome him. She had called people and found a place already. I found that way out of line. The pig lives with her parents. It’s their decision what to do with the pig. It’s none of Whitney’s business and she certainly shouldn’t be making that kind of decision unilaterally and then explaining to her parents what is going to happen. 

I don’t know enough about the needs of a pig like that, but if he’s getting what he needs and Babs, the one who was bitten, wants to keep him, then I don’t see why Whitney gets to say he has to go. I would like to see him neutered though. 

She's probably pissed that Babs wouldn't take her Hemingway kitten and so decided she'd just rehome the pig. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Stripper Glitter said:

Does anyone think Donna might be something along the lines of a caretaker for Whitney?

I don't know, but was wondering if Donna was the 5th friend for the Hawaii trip.  
I can't figure if she's shy, not wanting any part of the show, or some lower status, where she only gets to see daylight occasionally?

• Love 5

I think Donna was included in the original count of four; she's BooBoo to Whitney. So it would be Tal, Todd, BooBoo, and Heather, with Ashley and BooBear (Buddy) out of commission.

I believe Donna has been living in Whitney's house as the second roommate from the beginning, but letting that be known would have wrecked "the Buddy and Whitney are moving in together! Her parents are worried! Will she be living in sin? Are they going to be a real couple?' storyline that TLC wanted.  She's been showing up more, now and then, because TLC gave up on that storyline after Buddy announced he was with Heather.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

I don't know, but was wondering if Donna was the 5th friend for the Hawaii trip.  
I can't figure if she's shy, not wanting any part of the show, or some lower status, where she only gets to see daylight occasionally?

Boo Boo is Donna.

• Love 1