Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’m starting to sense that Dorit needs her diamond on this show.  Her shit stirring is “messy” to say the least.  I actually liked her last season, but I’m wondering if “pantygate” didn’t slow her roll a bit last season as far as additional shit stirring.  

I agree. I did like her last season and defended her over the ridiculous pantygate issue. And i wasn't fond of Erika last season, but am really liking her now.(of course less glam squad has been a real plus for me)  Funny how people come off in these shows. Is it that they reel their bitch sides in and out, or is it editing? Probably a little of both. Still hate Rhinna, despite her being nicer this year - I don't believe that for a minute. No one as nasty as she has been changes that much. And I'll always love LVP. Teddy is just meh.

7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

We need to find out who is telling Kyle she looks good in those outfits, so we can determine if someone is playing a joke on her, or if she truly is that style-challenged. It seems like she goes after what she believes to be the latest trend (bell sleeves, pajamas, billowy puffy sleeves, wide legged pants,..) without seeing how unflattering these styles look on her -she's in good shape, a bit muscular, and petite, but her clothes make her look thick, shapeless and stumpy, imo.

Totally. With all her money, surely she can afford a stylist. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Re: the potluck. We have a weekend camping type place and we have potlucks all the time. We supply the main dish, like some kind of meat, plates, silverware, etc...everyone brings a dish to pass and whatever they drink (alcohol). Our friends look forward to planning their dishes, sometimes we do a theme like Mexican or Italian food. 

Thats how we midwesterners do it anyway. Maybe it’s different in Bev Hills. 

We have a weekend camping place in the midwest too. 

Potlucks are like a box of chocolate:  You never know what you're gonna get! 

I like the variety and it's a good way to obtain new recipes.  I do think it's cheating to pick up prepared food from the store; it's not as fun but I do understand that people may be short on time. 

I had a neighbor that wouldn't eat other people's food at a potluck because she didn't know under what conditions the food was prepared and that eeked her out.   Totally valid.

• Love 8

*small voice* - am I the only one who doesn't think Kyle looks so bad? I admit, I do not follow fashion or know what's in or not. But I can't ever recall looking at her and thinking "wtf???" like with Erika or Dorit. I thought she looked great with her white blouse and high pony at the meeting with LVP and Dorit.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

*small voice* - am I the only one who doesn't think Kyle looks so bad? I admit, I do not follow fashion or know what's in or not. But I can't ever recall looking at her and thinking "wtf???" like with Erika or Dorit. I thought she looked great with her white blouse and high pony at the meeting with LVP and Dorit.

Nope! Kyle is almost twice my age and I would kill to look like her, horrible fashion sense and all

• Love 10

teddi walks with her arms like a dinosaur, sort of bent and in front of her, and then her head seems to be in front of her body somehow.

T(eddi)-Rex?

Kyle and her tenderhearted act...please. Her longtime besties are TMCFR and nasty bones Frankel, 'nuff said.

My favorite part of this episode was the baby's head breaking off Dorit's pretentious $1500 figurine within minutes of PK unwrapping his present "from the kids."

Mine, too. All I ask is to be entertained, and Dorit and her family (real and creepy ceramic) do the job.

Is Camille's FOH status enough to scratch her famewhore itch, or is she wanting that diamond back?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

We also need to find out who is telling her that she looks good with a ponytail. The back of her head is so flat that I actually can't focus on anything else. 

Kyle had a french braid on top and the rest bunched into a ponytail - I actually liked that look on her.

She had it that way shopping with Teddi and then again at her dinner with Dorit and LVP.

What I don't get with Kyle is that she has the money to buy clothes, she probably has the means to access clothes at a reduced or wholesale price for her store...she may not spend the money on custom made designer clothing but she sure has the money to find a good tailor.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Jello is not called jello in most of Europe and the UK... It's jelly there. I dont know if that helps or not.

"Jelly" should become the take-a-shot word for this forum ;) 

(That salad looks delish. And I really dislike Jello.)

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I do think there is some jealousy there too. 

I do too -  for Vanderpump,  I wonder if she's feeling insecure about Kyle's friendship with a woman (Dorit) who is still in the same place as Kyle; the sense of getting older as Kyle remains in a stage of life long past for Lisa V  (I think that was hinted at in a couple of age related comments last night:  "I'm ten years older" & "Take it off. It looks better on you"). 

And Kyle's growing success is probably unsettling to Lisa V;  possibly because (if that lunch scene is true) Kyle is being  all very "Dahling, my agent!" about her projects, but also a natural aversion to things shifting and changing.

And imo  that ties into the Mighty Threesome  I think Dorit and Lisa V want to cement, with Kyle buddying up without fail to their position in any conflict (and freezing Teddi out along the way, because I don't think LisaV wants yet another younger friend to breeze into Kyle's life and possibly form a clique between Dorit, Kyle and Teddi, with LisaV suddenly the past-it Mrs. Roper instead of the Fabulous Fifty-something). 

For Kyle -- she's always been both possessive and disruptive with Lisa V. Clingy, but then diffident and mocking by turn, and always demanding Lisa V understand all their issues from her perspective (like a teenage girl with her mother) instead of friends on an equal emotional playing field.  (I loved the contrast between Kyle saying "The person who thinks they're right never apologizes" as condemnation in one scene, and then saying, as affirmation, "I'm right and not going to apologize!" Golf clap to the editing chimps.) Kyle also, imo, feels uneasy about the easy connection between Dorit and LisaV (the British thing, the humor thing, and Dorit - oh so cunningly and casually - revealing intimate things told to her by LisaV) so Kyle dove in for her "moment" to shake that up. (Kyle,  you  jelly! With pretzels on the bottom!)

Dorit is just a schemer; she's a wannabe Eve Harrington playing up to both LisaV and Kyle, and playing them off each other. And they're falling for it.

All that said, I do think the connection between LisaV and Kyle is genuine, but also delicate; they don't have bonds of steel anymore (if they ever did) and Dorit could actually fuck up their friendship.

I can't stand Rinna normally, but I loved her calling in! That should be how she appears from now on -- sequester her, keep her only on the phone -- QVC,  getting gas for the car, having a manicure -- show LisaR checking in,  and then talking about them after they disconnect, relishing the chaos. (Her make-up also looked gorgeous on set. That make-up artist made her look far less harsh, her skin soft and rosy, and her lips almost normal).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

Kyle and Bethenny were on WWHL and Bethenny looked fantastic (even though I think she is too thin), but Kyle looked pretty bad. She had too many long dark hair extensions and her makeup was a bit garish. Kyle has the money and the means to be the best dressed housewife, but........

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

"Jelly" should become the take-a-shot word for this forum ;) 

(That salad looks delish. And I really dislike Jello.)

I do too -  for Vanderpump,  I wonder if she's feeling insecure about Kyle's friendship with a woman (Dorit) who is still in the same place as Kyle; the sense of getting older as Kyle remains in a stage of life long past for Lisa V  (I think that was hinted at in a couple of age related comments last night:  "I'm ten years older" & "Take it off. It looks better on you"). 

And Kyle's growing success is probably unsettling to Lisa V;  possibly because (if that lunch scene is true) Kyle is being  all very "Dahling, my agent!" about her projects, but also a natural aversion to things shifting and changing.

'And that ties into the Mighty Threesome  I think Dorit and Lisa V want to cement, with Kyle buddying up without fail to their position in any conflict (and freezing Teddi out along the way, because I don't think LisaV wants yet another younger friend to breeze into Kyle's life and possibly form a clique between Dorit, Kyle and Teddi, with LisaV suddenly the past-it Mrs. Roper instead of the Fabulous Fifty-something). 

For Kyle -- she's always been both possessive and disruptive with Lisa V. Clingy, but then diffident and mocking by turn, and always demanding Lisa V understand all their issues from her perspective (like a teenage girl with her mother) instead of friends on an equal emotional playing field.  (I loved the contrast between Kyle saying "The person who thinks they're right never apologizes" as condemnation in one scene, and then saying, as affirmation, "I'm right and not going to apologize". Golf clap to the editing chimps.)  Kyle also, imo, feels uneasy about the easy connection between Dorit and LisaV (the British thing, the humor thing, and Dorit - oh so cunningly and casually - revealing intimate things told to her by LisaV) so Kyle dove in for her "moment" to shake that up. Kyle,  you  jelly! (the Euro kind, with soggy pretzels on the bottom).

Dorit is just a schemer; she's a wannabe Eve Harrington playing up to both LisaV and Kyle, and playing them off each other. And they're falling for it. (I do think the connection between LisaV and Kyle is genuine, but also delicate; they don't have bonds of steel anymore - if they ever did).

Rinna: Loved her calling in! That should be how she appears from now on -- only on the phone -- QVC,  getting gas for the car, having a manicure -- show the woman checking in and talking about them after they disconnect. Ms Fourth Wall relishing the cahos. (Her make-up also looked gorgeous on set -- that woman made her look far less harsh, her skin soft and rosy, and her lips almost normal).

I don't think Lisa was feeling insecure about the friendship between Kyle/Dorit until Kyle, and then Dorit, started doing the "Lisa's Jelly" game. The last time Kyle did that, she helped Taylor set Lisa up for a group takedown except that Camille ruined the plan and went after Taylor instead. I also don't think Lisa is worried about Kyle's growing wealth, I think she is happy for her as long as Kyle is happy. I also think Kyle is worried about Lisa/Dorit getting closer and Dorit knows this and is using it to play both sides against each other for her own selfish reasons, Dorit is a lot like Taylor in that she doesn't want Kyle/Lisa to be close. 

8 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Does Dorit write a blog?  I'd be  really interested in how she is explains her behavior.  I'm not sure why , my phone isn't showing anything on the bravo website,  maybe their having issues. 

Dorit has been writing a blog but it is posted a week late for some reason. Either she is late turning it in each week and/or Bravo is delaying posting it to further the Dorit is "late" theme storyline. LOL

• Love 9

When Teddi was giving a tour of her beach cottage, she was showing the ladies the outside patio with Cornhole boards and beach chairs.

LVP did her usual sexual innuendo schtick - Oh Ken would love that, he's always trying to get into my hole

Erika had the best Shady Boots moment

Which hole?

• Love 14
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Teddi's bog:  I knew I'd get mocked for the idea of a potluck (everybody knows the jello with the pretzels on the bottom is the way to go, Erika), but I wanted to keep it real and see if any of these women would partake and just be easygoing about it. Little did I know that their idea of a potluck was for each to bring a plate of drama.

Why is Teddi trying so hard to challenge these women?  It really isn't keeping it real if you apply some sort of challenge.  Why do they have to conform to Teddi's "easygoing" when she gripes about not wanting to be someone else.  Two way street.  On one hand Teddi said she is tightly wound and suffers from anxiety and the other she is just so laid back.  Maybe she should just stop trying to being so cool.  And cheap.

Ugh, I hate when Housewives do this. It reminds me of Kim Fields' "Beat-less Brunch" or whatever the f she called it on ATL. Does Teddi not see the hypocrisy that she herself is not being easygoing and non-judgmental if she is issuing a passive-aggressive challenge to the other women to be more like her? It's the same thing as Dorit bitching about glass etiquette, just in a different costume. If you're easygoing, then you're easygoing and you don't care about this stuff. This is not a defense of Dorit, who is obnoxious, but more that I think Teddi is overly invested in her whole "I'm just a down home girl!" persona - it's like when Kelly Bensimon kept proclaiming that she drove a Ford pick-up truck and was therefore more down-to-earth than the other NYC ladies...

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Lisa was feeling insecure about the friendship between Kyle/Dorit until Kyle, and then Dorit, started doing the "Lisa's Jelly" game. The last time Kyle did that, she helped Taylor set Lisa up for a group takedown except that Camille ruined the plan and went after Taylor instead. I also don't think Lisa is worried about Kyle's growing wealth, I think she is happy for her as long as Kyle is happy. I also think Kyle is worried about Lisa/Dorit getting closer and Dorit knows this and is using it to play both sides against each other for her own selfish reasons, Dorit is a lot like Taylor in that she doesn't want Kyle/Lisa to be close. 

Dorit has been writing a blog but it is posted a week late for some reason. Either she is late turning it in each week and/or Bravo is delaying posting it to further the Dorit is "late" theme storyline. LOL

Lol, that it's late. Thanks WireWrap. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Salad is up to interpretation!  I received a family cookbook from the Mormon side (all in Utah).  They have something in there called Candy Bar Salad.  Um no. 

The Pioneer Woman probably has a recipe for this. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, OhIgetit said:

Ken is NOT a misogynist!! He dotes on LVP and they have built several successful businesses as a team.  The fact he doesn’t like women that his wife is having issues with does not make him a misogynist.   

Hear hear!!  That scene with him and the puppies - and the one before that with the little bumpkin snoozing in his shirt - priceless.

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Nahh, this is Kyle trying to shift the blame onto Lisa for her own bad behavior. Just because they "toasted/talked" about it "a bit" doesn't mean that Lisa was finished talking about it, especially when even Kyle says that this lawsuit was really hard on Lisa. Then, Kyle accuses Lisa of setting her up for Lisa/Dorit to gang up on her within minutes of them dropping the lawsuit conversation. Kyle/Dorit were at fault, not Lisa and I don't blame Lisa for leaving.

How short a memory does Kyle think we have?  I remember the first season where she was delighted to be a shit to Lisa with that whole "jelly" shit with Taylor.  She thought it was HILARIOUS that LVP felt slighted!

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I'm chuckling to myself about this episode, it was so boring that the strawberry pretzel salad is ruling most posts.

Teddi thinks stemless wine glasses are the answer to staving off complaints, oh Teddi if only.  Does she not know that these women can find fault with so many other things like the type of chairs that are on the beach or not giving up the master suite to a guest...

I had a flash back to Rinna arriving last to the Mexico trip last year and now she has arrived last to the beach weekend except this year she will not be dining on crow.   Say what you want about Rinna but the girl has hustle. She seems to always have a job and so does her husband so the work ethic is strong and her girls seem to embrace it but I am always shocked when I hear of a 16 year old that does not want to drive, that was not the case with my kids or even myself, brother and sister...I would have driven to my bedroom if I could have.  

Lisa VP tends to befriend the shadiest folks, (PK, Mohammad), does that speak volumes about her character?

Who is with me in wanting a show that had no people but only Kyle's dogs?  

How about Lola the Rottweiler as co-star?

• Love 7

I have had something called a Caramel Apple Salad which is like jello fluff (think cool whip + jello) with chopped up Snickers bars and apples.  Not my favorite, but some people like it.  Too sweet for me.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It’s almost as though the last reunion’s right sofa sitters made a Three Musketeers Pact – All for one and one for all

Dorit broke the pact first: She insinuates to Lisa that Kyle is more open with her and sobbed about her mom and sisters. She insinuates to Kyle that she knows more about Lisa i.e. Lisa’s childhood, upbringing, luxe jewelry line.

Kyle and Dorit broke the pact by hinting and teasing Lisa with the they are Besties, hanging out one on one, Lisa is Jelly, are you mad I like her more. This makes the dynamic unbalanced and sends LVP into a British Shittish Fit

Kyle broke the pact by inserting herself into the conversation with Teddi and NOT being on Dorit’s side or taking her back.

Kyle broke the pact by saying there’s plotting between Dorit & LVP revealing there is plotting amongst the HW’s.

The pact has devolved into a Three Stoogies Smackdown. Which one is going to take bath salts and chew LVP’s face off?

94b62aeb33a117a53c5a3d855ee19457.gif

I feel the obvious answer is Dorit - I'll stop right there.

7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Dorit is a schemer, and she's no fool.  She knows she is playing one against the other with Kyle and LVP.  It's interesting you bring this up, because I thought the same thing - especially during their talking heads, when Kyle said she knew nothing about LVP's new jewelry line.  LVP said similar in a talking head about not knowing about Kyle's difficulties with her sisters.  

I laughed when Dorit said the last thing she wants to do is come between Kyle and LVP's friendship, because that is exactly what she wants to do.  She is trying to be the HBIC, and unfortunately, there are a lot of other women ahead of her for that title.  If you notice, Dorit is trying to buddy up to all the women, except Teddi (and Camille).  Teddi has no stake in the HBIC standing, and Camille is not a fulltime housewife, so, in Dorit's world, they don't matter.  She's going in on the ones that she perceives she could eventually step over on her way to the top.  What she doesn't see is that it's obvious what she's doing, and there is no way the other women are going to put up with that.  Taylor tried, Brandi tried, Yolanda tried.  Didn't work for them, and it won't work for Dorit.

I really cringed for Kyle that she's too naïve to figure this out.  And believe me, Kyle will be held accountable for Dorit's comments about Lisa not getting enough love in her childhood, and Dorit will get off scot free.  Again.

For the first time in a long time, I saw Lisa trying to make amends.  She was doing everything she could to smooth things over without an apology - sitting right next to Kyle in the chair Teddi had placed for Dorit, leaning close to Kyle, laying on the arm of Kyle's chair and trying to engage her.  That's Pretend Nothing Happened 101, and I know because it used to be my specialty.  It made me feel for Lisa in a way because it's not the healthiest way to deal with issues.  It was nice to see Lisa and then Kyle apologize.  Lisa is suspicious and cynical, so I can't believe she doesn't see through Dorit's manipulations.  I just don't think Lisa realized Dorit would aim her sights at Lisa, which is shocking since she already went down this path with Brandi.  Which is similar to Teresa G. siccing Kim D. on everyone, then being shocked when her attack dog turned on her.  Lay down with dogs and all that.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Hear hear!!  That scene with him and the puppies - and the one before that with the little bumpkin snoozing in his shirt - priceless.

How short a memory does Kyle think we have?  I remember the first season where she was delighted to be a shit to Lisa with that whole "jelly" shit with Taylor.  She thought it was HILARIOUS that LVP felt slighted!

That's another thing, Kyle thinks Lisa's is angry when she pulls this stunt, she fails to recognize that Lisa is hurt, not angry. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I feel the obvious answer is Dorit - I'll stop right there.

I really cringed for Kyle that she's too naïve to figure this out.  And believe me, Kyle will be held accountable for Dorit's comments about Lisa not getting enough love in her childhood, and Dorit will get off scot free.  Again.

For the first time in a long time, I saw Lisa trying to make amends.  She was doing everything she could to smooth things over without an apology - sitting right next to Kyle in the chair Teddi had placed for Dorit, leaning close to Kyle, laying on the arm of Kyle's chair and trying to engage her.  That's Pretend Nothing Happened 101, and I know because it used to be my specialty.  It made me feel for Lisa in a way because it's not the healthiest way to deal with issues.  It was nice to see Lisa and then Kyle apologize.  Lisa is suspicious and cynical, so I can't believe she doesn't see through Dorit's manipulations.  I just don't think Lisa realized Dorit would aim her sights at Lisa, which is shocking since she already went down this path with Brandi.  Which is similar to Teresa G. siccing Kim D. on everyone, then being shocked when her attack dog turned on her.  Lay down with dogs and all that.

Kyle/Dorit started this whole dang thing with the "Lisa is Jelly" comments. Kyle thinks she is cute doing this, it wasn't cute the first time she/Taylor did it and it isn't cute now with Dorit either. Kyle owed Lisa the apology first, not the other way around. Dorit is going to bite both Lisa and Kyle in their respective behinds.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

But I don’t remember the text saying she expected the guests to bring all the food!

In her blog she alludes to missing out on most of the Lisa V/Kyle arguement because she was too busy unpacking her Whole Foods bags. So clearly she provided food.

I just watched the episode and the WF bags she was unpacking durimg the argument were brought by Kyle not Teddi.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Kyle/Dorit started this whole dang thing with the "Lisa is Jelly" comments. Kyle thinks she is cute doing this, it wasn't cute the first time she/Taylor did it and it isn't cute now with Dorit either. Kyle owed Lisa the apology first, not the other way around. Dorit is going to bite both Lisa and Kyle in their respective behinds.

This isn't really a subject I care to debate.  There is a segment who believes LVP is pure hearted, dismiss her bitchy comments as simply a misunderstanding because she's got that superior British humor and is taking the piss out of people.  I see LVP as a woman who's spoiled, elitist, and very set in her ways.  She thinks she's the queen bee and seems to believe someone's perpetually coming for her crown.  I like her a lot at times, but refuse to excuse away the troublesome comments she's made about Max, her indulgence and use of Brandi as a weapon, and the way she's brought up topics about Kyle's family on camera.  She's always been in control of her friendship with Kyle, and frankly I like that Kyle has started calling her on her behavior.  I bet Kyle knows LVP a lot better than any of the audience.  It's a personal opinion derived from years of watching the show, and don't care to bicker back and forth.  You feel differently, and I respect your right to your opinion.

• Love 20

Nope! Kyle is almost twice my age and I would kill to look like her, horrible fashion sense and all

I think Kyle looks great, she just doesn't dress well for her body type.  She's hella short and some of the outfits she chooses would be much better suited on someone much taller.  I think she looks best in casual attire and should stick to fitted dresses, nothing billowy or embellished. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, snarts said:

I think Kyle looks great, she just doesn't dress well for her body type.  She's hella short and some of the outfits she chooses would be much better suited on someone much taller.  I think she looks best in casual attire and should stick to fitted dresses, nothing billowy or embellished. 

Kyle posted a pic when she gave some sort of speech or something last year.  She was wearing a pencil skirt and a snug top and she looked amazing.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Respectfully, I don't think LVP bats an eye at Kyle and Mauricio's success.  She seems to be the same with Kyle now as she was before they became super successful.  If that preview with Kyle continually answering her phone is true, I'd be pissed  too.  I used to go to lunch with my co-workers, and one of them couldn't put her phone down, ever!  It was annoying.  We'd all be having a conversation and she'd be half into it, and half into her FB page.  Therefore when she did comment, she missed most of the conversation and we had to catch her back up.  I truly don't understand the need to scroll a FB page practically 24/7.  I've left my phone in the car when getting home from work, only to realize it the next morning.  I never missed it.  YMMV.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Ugh, I hate when Housewives do this. It reminds me of Kim Fields' "Beat-less Brunch" or whatever the f she called it on ATL. Does Teddi not see the hypocrisy that she herself is not being easygoing and non-judgmental if she is issuing a passive-aggressive challenge to the other women to be more like her? It's the same thing as Dorit bitching about glass etiquette, just in a different costume. If you're easygoing, then you're easygoing and you don't care about this stuff. This is not a defense of Dorit, who is obnoxious, but more that I think Teddi is overly invested in her whole "I'm just a down home girl!" persona - it's like when Kelly Bensimon kept proclaiming that she drove a Ford pick-up truck and was therefore more down-to-earth than the other NYC ladies...

Yep.  Kelly Bensimon, driver of a pick up and lived in a $13 million dollar Hamptons house and a house in the city on the market for $10 million.  Teddi loses me when she does the I walked away from the fray to fold a 10 cent Whole Foods bag and then talks about the others' drama.  Center at the stage of the drama was Kyle defending Teddi, and Teddi whining to LVP.  Otherwise I think she is pretty much a one season wonder.  Camille wants her diamond. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, I don't think LVP bats an eye at Kyle and Mauricio's success.  She seems to be the same with Kyle now as she was before they became super successful.  If that preview with Kyle continually answering her phone is true, I'd be pissed  too.  I used to go to lunch with my co-workers, and one of them couldn't put her phone down, ever!  It was annoying.  We'd all be having a conversation and she'd be half into it, and half into her FB page.  Therefore when she did comment, she missed most of the conversation and we had to catch her back up.  I truly don't understand the need to scroll a FB page practically 24/7.  I've left my phone in the car when getting home from work, only to realize it the next morning.  I never missed it.  YMMV.  

For what it's worth, you and I agree. LOL

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

and then broke a gift he was just given.

You just reminded me of the gift.  They're called doobs, and they're not cheap!  I had a small version made of my dog (yes, he got in the 360 degree booth just like Dorit) and they are really life-like even though PK thought she looked like Barbra Streisand (not exactly a compliment for Dorit, I'm sure).   The size she got was close to $1000, so when Jagger's head broke off, I was surprised she didn't even seem to care! I would have been so upset! 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, I don't think LVP bats an eye at Kyle and Mauricio's success.  She seems to be the same with Kyle now as she was before they became super successful.    

LvP is always the same with everyone.  The real reason she was angry was because she set up a dinner to have an extensive discussion of why the lawsuit was thrown out for the cameras.  Kyle and Dorit thwarted that because they were preoccupied with petty nonsense or they didn't care to act out LvP's PR script again.  Then Kyle (unfairly, maybe inadvertently) lumped LVP in with the person who called Teddi a psycho over a wine glass.

LvP isn't jealous.  She's extremely image conscious.  She doesn't care if Kyle has more success as long as nothing relating to that reflects badly on her or Ken.

You can bet that if one of Kyle's pilots had to do with her long friendship with a British former model/actress, restaurateur, reality star that Kyle would be getting the same treatment from LvP as from her sisters.

3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Camille wants her diamond. 

Not enough or she would have made a bigger deal of what Dorit said at dinner.  I'm still kind of dumbfounded that the drama isn't around that but promptness and proper use of glassware.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, I don't think LVP bats an eye at Kyle and Mauricio's success.  She seems to be the same with Kyle now as she was before they became super successful.  

I'm not sure that's true (genuinely uncertain, b/c there hasn't been enough footage of them for me to decide) but I think LisaV's behavior last night (bringing up the subject and then backing down/apologizing) is not the standard LisaV behavior between those two.  And I wonder if it's coming out of insecurity with a changing Kyle (more assertive, perhaps, due to success -  or more self involved and less attentive, etc) or perhaps it's personal growth (being charitable :) or maybe -- as someone suggested upthread -- she's just getting too old (emotionally, not physically) for this petty shit, and let it all go.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

LvP is always the same with everyone.  The real reason she was angry was because she set up a dinner to have an extensive discussion of why the lawsuit was thrown out for the cameras.  Kyle and Dorit thwarted that because they were preoccupied with petty nonsense or they didn't care to act out LvP's PR script again.  Then Kyle (unfairly, maybe inadvertently) lumped LVP in with the person who called Teddi a psycho over a wine glass.

LvP isn't jealous.  She's extremely image conscious.  She doesn't care if Kyle has more success as long as nothing relating to that reflects badly on her or Ken.

You can bet that if one of Kyle's pilots had to do with her long friendship with a British former model/actress, restaurateur, reality star that Kyle would be getting the same treatment from LvP as from her sisters.

Not enough or she would have made a bigger deal of what Dorit said at dinner.  I'm still kind of dumbfounded that the drama isn't around that but promptness and proper use of glassware.

Camille is working overtime right now with her Dorit hate.  She was in the audience last night when Kyle and Bethenny were on and when Bethenny and Kyle were asked who is much different off camera than on camera-Kyle didn;t opine.  Camille jumped in and said Dorit and Kyle disagreed.  I think Camille is very upset over the fact that Teddi was given a diamond and she remained a "friend of".    Dorit would have to go to Brandi extremes to be ditched and with LVP, Kyle and Erika on her side she isnt going anywhere.  Teddi at this point is pretty one note.  Maybe she will liven up but Camille has kind of returned to Season 1 with her blistering talking heads but afraid to get her hands dirty.

The reason the "stupid c" isn;t a bigger deal is Dorit did it without malice and sincerely apologized. Dorit has such an incredible lack of awareness she can;t fathom such behavior would be an end to any relationship. Doesn't mean Camille will let it go but they have all tolerated boorishness and many defended Brandi when she was far more crass and malicious.  Camille is just riding the Dorit likes being the center of attention bandwagon.  The show is suppose to entertain and shock and Camille commenting on the sunset and taking photos won't cut it.  Dorit carrying tales back and forth will be shown.  Of course I kind of figure if you say it on camera it is fair game to repeat.

• Love 3

I like Teddi, but for the love of all that's holy, you're on a show based in Beverly Hills.  I don't expect you to try to relate to me, the viewer.  You live in Beverly Freakin' Hills, and I don't!!  I watch this show to see how people of your wealth and social standing live, because then when you all act ridiculous, petty and snotty, I can sit back and appreciate my modest abode and life with a smile upon my face while I snark about it on here with all of these fabulous folks!

31 minutes ago, film noire said:

or perhaps it's personal growth (being charitable :) or maybe -- as someone suggested upthread -- she's just getting too old (emotionally, not physically) for this petty shit, and let it all go.  

I'm thinking that LVP doesn't want to get in a fight with Kyle again.  The last one went on much too long.  For all of Kyle's bluster about "I will NOT apologize to her," she quickly was worried and asked LVP "are you mad at me?"  She doesn't want to fight with her either, IMO.  I really think it hurt her feelings when she found out that LVP told Dorit things that she didn't tell Kyle.  I wonder if Kyle ever asked her about her upbringing though.  Sometimes people don't volunteer info if they're not asked.  I don't tell people around me certain things, but if they ever seemed interested and asked, I would.  I don't really know how good of a listener Kyle is after watching her shut down LVP last night.

I also wonder just how much Erika Jayne really cares about any of these women.  I can't tell if this is just a gig to help jumpstart an acting career or not.   I wonder what she really thinks about them.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Cranky One said:

Thanks for that link...I went to Dana Hills High School in the 80s and for the life of me couldn't figure out where any houses in Dana Point were on the beach. It is in Capistrano Beach, which is the beach (hole in the fence right by Lifeguard station #7) I lived at back in the day. I didn't actually live there, but was at that beach almost daily back then! I never knew Capo Beach was considered in Dana Point. Those houses also have  an Amtrack  line right behind them.

If I were renting an expensive beach house, there's NO way I'd rent one with a train line behind it.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Dorit (yes, I always seem to start here) can't understand why Kyle ("one of my best friends") would stick up for "someone she's just met" rather than "sticking up for me." Well, darling, when you are wrong, a friend won't stick up for you just because they've known you longer. They'll stand up for what's right. And, honey, you have been wrong in every single interaction you've had with Teddi, I rather think. You've kept her waiting for an hour, lied about it, bitched about wine glasses, lied about it, called her names, lied about it. Get my drift? As others have said before, Dorit's open-mouthed *SHOCK* expression is so foolish and overly dramatic. Now then, Dorit, why can't you understand that -- for better or worse -- Kyle chiming in to back up Teddi at the party about the never-ending wine glass controversy is no different from Lisa V chiming in to back you up in that same conversation? Oh, of course, it's because you are (a) always right and proper and (b) too self-centred to notice anyone else or recognise their perspective.  And why do you hang up in the middle of your friend (Kyle) speaking to you? Poor you, a limo driver getting lost is the worst experience you've EVER had. *rolls eyes* And then at the beach house, it was good to see Dorit and Teddi finally have their olive branch moment.

(Dorit adjacent. PK is abhorrent. Yes, he said if you go out with a super, super fat person, you'll feel slim. He doesn't know that's why super-skinny Dorit likes to stand next to him, does he?)

Lisa V had a point in the restaurant in that she had a right to feel slighted that her quite important news was being shoved to the side. On the other hand, if she'd waited another couple of minutes, she could have weathered that and changed the topic back to her legal news. She didn't have to flounce off like an over-aged ingenue. On the good side, her delight in the "bag of fresh puppies" was palpable and real.

Erika isn't annoying me as much this year, most of the time. "I left my Jell-o salad at home!" Funny. :) I liked her scenes with Lisa V. Erika isn't a good peacemaker, though, because she is too . . . she'd say reserved, but I'd say emotionally unavailable.

Lisa R. Yeah, "I'm a good actor." Uh, I've seen you act.

Both Kyle and Lisa V apologised, however unwillingly (maybe) or sincerely (also maybe). I do think Lisa V hurt Kyle when she answered, "I don't know," to the question, "If it were Dorit sitting there crying, would you have left?"

Teddi - I do like her beach house. I don't have too much to say about her in this episode.

Erika thinks way too highly of herself. She acts like she's better than everyone else. Her "jello salad" comment confirms that she thinks she's above it all. What's funny is she probably had many jello salads growing up in a place that was probably a trailer park.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

This is the most ridiculous, fake ~drama. Is this all they have this season?

I don't even understand. Kyle gets so angry that she cries over an dumbass comment Dorit makes. Lisa then gets so upset she furiously STORMS out of the restaurant then Kyle and Dorit run jog to her car as she drives off into the night.

WHAT.

Whereupon they both forget they were arguing and immediately join together in psychoanalyzing Lisa. What dreck.

Dorit looked her most psychotic when she was accusing Teddi of being a psycho over her ridiculous refusal to drink champagne out of a wine glass, or whatever. She is losing it. I used to like her but one of the editors sure hates her.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

That was my favorite part in this show!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have had something called a Caramel Apple Salad which is like jello fluff (think cool whip + jello) with chopped up Snickers bars and apples.  Not my favorite, but some people like it.  Too sweet for me.

Oh yes! I’ve had this. It’s good but it is very sweet! 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

It is SO good!!!  I am from the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast (people say either) and we eat it here.  Apparently, other parts of the US haven't heard of it or don't make it.  

Also popular in the Upper Midwest -- Wisconsin, Minnesota.  Yummmm.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I am from the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast (people say either) and we eat it here.  Apparently, other parts of the US haven't heard of it or don't make it.  

It is a staple here in the south!  Of course some restaurants make it better than others.  I've tried it, but I couldn't keep the pretzels from getting too soggy.   

1 hour ago, Mawmooney said:

She is so obviously trying to get in between Kyle and Lisa - is she in middle school?

She seemed to enjoy telling Kyle how LVP confided in her about her family.  I wouldn't trust Dorit with any important information.  It's funny how they keep pointing out each time Dorit is late to meet another housewife.  I'm sure we'll get a montage of it at the reunion.   Teddi will be vindicated, and Dorit will be in denial. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Also popular in the Upper Midwest -- Wisconsin, Minnesota.  Yummmm.

I didn't know that!!  That's good!! 

10 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It is a staple here in the south!  Of course some restaurants make it better than others.  I've tried it, but I couldn't keep the pretzels from getting too soggy.  

I don't think we have it in restaurants here!  I have never seen it served other than at picnics and parties!   

• Love 1

I wish they would promote the older dogs at the shelter/boutique more often.

I don't understand VDP's reaction to Kyle accusing her and Dorit of ganging up on her, but, especially, to Kyle suggesting that they agreed in advance to gang up on her. 

It is too silly an accusation to take seriously.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Cranky One said:

Thanks for that link...I went to Dana Hills High School in the 80s and for the life of me couldn't figure out where any houses in Dana Point were on the beach. It is in Capistrano Beach, which is the beach (hole in the fence right by Lifeguard station #7) I lived at back in the day. I didn't actually live there, but was at that beach almost daily back then! I never knew Capo Beach was considered in Dana Point. Those houses also have  an Amtrack  line right behind them.

@Cranky One ... I also went to Dana Hills High ... in the mid 70’s. Small world ? 

Edited by AntAnn
Clarification
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I laughed too. People will rag on Dorit for this and granted the figurine was awful looking, but this is what brought a lot of us to the Real Housewives--dumb rich lady shit. Maloof gets cooking lessons from LVP and uses hand soap to wash her chicken--dumb rich lady shit. Taylor spends $60,000 on Kennedy's birthday party, which is really all about Taylor--dumb rich lady shit. LVP has a pet gay, Cedric, living with her--dumb rich lady shit. Dana/Pam spends $25,000 on sunglasses--dumb rich lady shit. Kyle has an elaborate white party in her backyard with chandeliers and has Fatburger (yes, I know that there are family connections) provide the food--dumb rich lady shit. Dorit spends $1500 to have a rendering of herself and her children made into a statuette only to have her husband break it--dumb rich lady shit gold on her head.

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don't understand VDP's reaction to Kyle accusing her and Dorit of ganging up on her, but, especially, to Kyle suggesting that they agreed in advance to gang up on her. 

It is too silly an accusation to take seriously.

LvP has never been able to take what she dishes out.  When she makes silly accusations its British humor.  When someone does the same to her its an affront and the highest insult.

I say this feeling in this instance that LvP had some reason to be offended.  At the same time, Kyle was choosing her words poorly but more in the wrong than LvP, less wrong than Dorit. And the whole thing was too stupid to argue over and LvP overreacted, but so did Kyle.

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, chenoa333 said:

Please don't feel sorry for Teddi.... her father is JOHN MELLENCAMP (in case you haven't heard!) Lol

But does she come from a broken home? 

[Dorito voice] That has never been made clear.  No one has EVER mentioned it. [Dorito voice]

I am on Team LVP this episode.  If we have to pick a side between all these attention whores this is the side I pick.  What I thought was really thoughtful was when LVP said her friendship with Kyle is not worth it.  Very sweet.

Teddi does have a nice home and clearly something I am never going to have, but were the women really that impressed with it?  Surely they have been to numerous Malibu beach homes in their day and from the size and lavishness of their regular abodes/lifestyles could they not afford a home on the beach as well?   

Kyle's dogs are killing it this season.   Lisa's daughters can fuck off.

• Love 14
On 2/6/2018 at 10:31 PM, ChitChat said:

Usually a guest makes the main course, and everybody else brings a side.  That's the way I've always known it to be.  I don't expect my family to bring the cooked burgers & dogs to our cookouts!  Actually, I never let them bring anything since they travel some distance to our house.  I just want them to come and enjoy the afternoon with us without worrying about what they have to pack and bring.  

Exactly why I don't buy the "Teddi - I'm down to earth"  BS. Teddi is not down to earth. Teddie is just CHEAP.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The case was dismissed announcement was very staged and disingenuous

If the lawyers called - they would have asked the LVP or Ken call back. They would not reveal details - even to an admin unless said admin was named in the lawsuit. This is private information.

The lawyers would also not send the information over email without speaking to the client first to let them know it was coming.

I think Ken and LVP already knew and staged this for the cameras.

Lisa didn't want to talk about it UNTIL it was dismissed. She never gives any details nada, nothing. Now she wants a damn party thrown to celebrate? Nope, don't care. 

• Love 6