Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't know what Lisa expected the other women to do.  It was dismissed.  Congratulations.  How much more can they say or discuss?

well they spend hours discussing underwear and stemware so i would think there might be a little more interest in a lawsuit. but then again it had nothing to do with kyle, and she'd have nothing to cry about,. 

• Love 12

I have never really enjoyed the Kyle LVP friendship. I feel like they bring out the worst in each other and I legitimately don't see any genuine affection there, more like the actresses they both are filming for work. I really wonder if they hang out at all off camera.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know what Lisa expected the other women to do.  It was dismissed.  Congratulations.  How much more can they say or discuss?

How about how wrong LisaR was to bring it up and accuse Ken of assault in relation to the suit? How about a chance to explain the circumstances around the lawsuit so that it was clear that Ken didn't actually assault anyone? The women were willing to hear all sorts of details from LisaR about something she knew nothing about and yet, they didn't want to hear the actual details of the person who was involved? Because a petty argument about stemware was some how more pressing or relevant?

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

I have never really enjoyed the Kyle LVP friendship. I feel like they bring out the worst in each other and I legitimately don't see any genuine affection there, more like the actresses they both are filming for work. I really wonder if they hang out at all off camera.

Lisa and Kyle do hang out together when the cameras are done for the season. 

• Love 4
On 2/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, ivygirl said:

Hey, one of my dad’s favorite stories of growing up was about someone who served jello salad with... whole cloves of garlic. He was so excited (he loved jello salad), and that quickly turned to disgust because: garlic in jello salad. He choked it down to be polite, and then the lady said “Oh! Here’s some more, since you loved it so much!” 

My husband won't eat jello salad because of things he saw when he worked in the kitchen at college to earn extra money. One of the workers would line the squares up along her arm before plating them! I have reassured him many times I would never do that, but it's no help, LOL.  We attended a group that used to have a lot of potlucks, and so many people brought jello every time that the announcements were changed to say, "No jello, please." The relief he felt! He can't even look at it.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

How about how wrong LisaR was to bring it up and accuse Ken of assault in relation to the suit? How about a chance to explain the circumstances around the lawsuit so that it was clear that Ken didn't actually assault anyone? The women were willing to hear all sorts of details from LisaR about something she knew nothing about and yet, they didn't want to hear the actual details of the person who was involved? Because a petty argument about stemware was some how more pressing or relevant?

I thought it would have been nice if either or both Kyle and Dorit would have said something along the lines of how they never doubted Ken and were very happy for the two of them to get out from under a frivilous lawsuit.  Or justice prevailed.  Of course I also thought Kyle and Dorit should have apologized for being late instead of giggling.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

That's the whole thing!..They aren't even arguing over stemware anymore, they are now arguing about the argument about the stemware and who was allowed to say what in support of whom. I need a score card.  

Teddi was mad at/annoyed with Dorit for being late

Dorit is annoyed with Teddi for making a big deal (54 minutes) out of nothing (did Dorit claim 15 minutes?)

Dorit is annoyed with Teddi for serving champagne in a wine glass (after having the GALL to ask her to stop by early to iron things out)

Teddi is annoyed with Dorit being annoyed about the glass, 

Dorit is annoyed with Teddi for venting her annoyance with LVP 

Kyle tries to explain Teddi's side, LVP tries to explain Dorit's side, making Dorit annoyed with Kyle (because Dorit likes LVP best)...

Kyle assumes an LVP conspiracy (because what is a season of RHBH without accusations of an LVP conspiracy?)

LVP has enough of their petty fighting and lateness and leaves, and now Kyle and Dorit are bffs annoyed with LVP for leaving mid-fight. 

Teddi is no longer involved in any argument because lategate has somehow morphed into Kyle being all butt hurt because Dorit knows things about LVP that Kyle doesn't (even tho she's too busy with her show(s), or on the phone with her agent to actually have a conversation with LVP, but, ok, whatevs).

Naturally, this is all LVPs fault.

Is that about right?

Oh, I almost forgot...Did you guys know that Lisa R is back on her soap opera and will be appearing in an episode of The Middle? I'm not sure if she mentioned it.

• Love 21

I would have had more respect for Dorit's objection to the glass she was drinking from if she had a clue why they are differently shaped. Her "It's ETIQUETTE, Teddi!" comment was as ridiculous as it was rude. Wine glasses are generally shaped widely in order to make the most of the aroma, which is important to the taste, and the stem is to help keep the hands from warming the wine. Champagne flutes are shaped the way they are in order to make the bubbles last longer. So, basically she was being an incredible boor by her insistence on the proper glass when she didn't even know what makes a glass the proper glass. If there's anything I hate, it's someone declaring others to be lacking in etiquette, because to me, the height of being boorish is trying to make others look bad by bringing up "proper etiquette."

Edited by renatae
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, renatae said:

I would have had more respect for Dorit's objection to the glass she was drinking from if she had a clue why they are differently shaped. Her "It's ETIQUETTE, Teddi!" comment was as ridiculous as it was rude. Wine glasses are generally shaped widely in order to make the most of the aroma, which is important to the taste, and the stem is to help keep the hands from warming the wine. Champagne flutes are shaped the way they are in order to make the bubbles last longer. So, basically she was being an incredible boor by her insistence on the proper glass when she didn't even know what makes a glass the proper glass. If there's anything I hate, it's someone declaring others to be lacking in etiquette, because to me, the height of being boorish is trying to make others look bad by bringing up "proper etiquette."

EXACTLY!! Which makes it all that much more annoying that she held the glass, not by the stem, but by cupping her hand under the part that holds the champagne (sorry, I'm not schooled enough to know what the proper terminology is).

Doofus!

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Dorit is annoyed with Teddi for making a big deal (54 minutes) out of nothing (did Dorit claim 15 minutes?)

Except Teddi DIDN'T make a big deal about it with the other women, just contemporaneous with the event.  She said "I've been here an hour and now I'm leaving."    She never mentioned it.  It was Dorit playing Defense that made the others aware of it.  

As to the glassware, again, Teddi didn't say it was Dorit.  In fact, Ken said at the time he doubted it was Dorrit.  So when LVP offered it up to Dorit as a factor in why Teddi doesn't like to entertain, even telling her that she didn't divulge who it was, Dorit, instead of appreciating Teddi's discretion, launched into defense mode again saying "Yeah, well it was me!"  

25 minutes ago, renatae said:

Champagne flutes are shaped the way they are in order to make the bubbles last longer.

In that case, Dorit shouldn't have worried - the way these women guzzle booze, the bubbles wouldn't have had time to go flat.   

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Except Teddi DIDN'T make a big deal about it with the other women, just contemporaneous with the event.  She said "I've been here an hour and now I'm leaving."    She never mentioned it.  It was Dorit playing Defense that made the others aware of it.  

As to the glassware, again, Teddi didn't say it was Dorit.  In fact, Ken said at the time he doubted it was Dorrit.  So when LVP offered it up to Dorit as a factor in why Teddi doesn't like to entertain, even telling her that she didn't divulge who it was, Dorit, instead of appreciating Teddi's discretion, launched into defense mode again saying "Yeah, well it was me!"  

In that case, Dorit shouldn't have worried - the way these women guzzle booze, the bubbles wouldn't have had time to go flat.   

no, Teddi didn't, but Dorit did. Teddi was blindsided (imo) by Dorit's interpretation and was (again, imo) willing to blow it off, if Dorit hadn't made an issue out of Teddi's perceived impatience and unwillingness to wait "10 more minutes" for something she was already 45 minutes late for.

And, no, Teddi never named names, but Dorit knew it was her when LVP relayed the story. If it were me, because I hate and avoid confrontation at all costs, I'd have played stupid when LVP relayed the story and let it drop, because we are talking about stemware FFS! As long as there's alcohol in it, who cares? Like you said,these are Bravo's "Real Housewives", it's not going to last long enough to go flat or achieve non-optimal temperatures.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, renatae said:

My husband won't eat jello salad because of things he saw when he worked in the kitchen at college to earn extra money. One of the workers would line the squares up along her arm before plating them! I have reassured him many times I would never do that, but it's no help, LOL. 

We'd all probably never eat out again if we saw what really happened behind the swinging doors!

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Teddi is no longer involved in any argument because lategate has somehow morphed into Kyle being all butt hurt because Dorit knows things about LVP that Kyle doesn't (even tho she's too busy with her show(s), or on the phone with her agent to actually have a conversation with LVP, but, ok, whatevs).

Naturally, this is all LVPs fault.

Is that about right?

You've got it (at least that's the way I see it!)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BluBrd47 said:

Do they or do they say they do?

They have both posted pictures of themselves, on their respective SM accounts, lunching/dinning together after the season is over and the cameras are gone.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, candle96 said:

Kyle needs to learn simple is better for her. Last week when she wore her hair down and that pretty floral blouse, out to dinner with Teddi and the husbands, she looked gorgeous. She looks best with straight hair, just down and parted in the middle. There's a talking head where she's wearing a sort of blush colored top, and she looks good in that, too. I think as women get older styles where one's hair is pulled back get harder to rock, even though I think Kyle looks very young for her age.

I remember LVP wearing her hair up on one of the trips and she looked gorgeous!!!! 

Agree, Kyle needs to dress in simple styles. The bell sleeves, chunky necklaces, etc. take over her entire body.  

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I remember LVP wearing her hair up on one of the trips and she looked gorgeous!!!! 

Agree, Kyle needs to dress in simple styles. The bell sleeves, chunky necklaces, etc. take over her entire body.  

Wait, you didn't like her Wilma Flintstone necklace?

rhobh-kyle.gif&key=2932abf2313b0dfb5fdd4

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

no, Teddi didn't, but Dorit did. Teddi was blindsided (imo) by Dorit's interpretation and was (again, imo) willing to blow it off, if Dorit hadn't made an issue out of Teddi's perceived impatience and unwillingness to wait "10 more minutes" for something she was already 45 minutes late for.

And, no, Teddi never named names, but Dorit knew it was her when LVP relayed the story. If it were me, because I hate and avoid confrontation at all costs, I'd have played stupid when LVP relayed the story and let it drop, because we are talking about stemware FFS! As long as there's alcohol in it, who cares? Like you said,these are Bravo's "Real Housewives", it's not going to last long enough to go flat or achieve non-optimal temperatures.

Indeed. I've had an incident relayed to me by a third party where I knew I was the culprit involved and instead of righteous indignation, I went "whew!" knowing I'd in some ways dodged a bullet.  It also gave me an oportunity to go to the individual who no doubt had brought up the matter and clear the air and even apologizing where appropriate, and thanking them for their discretion.  

34 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Hideous!

Is that from  LuAnn's line?  

OMG - I thought Stassi Schroeder's statement necklaces were bad!  That's Saturday Night Live PARODY worthy.

• Love 9
On 2/7/2018 at 12:24 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Totally a set up.  No way is this useless mactor in charge of notifying them of the law suit.  They're really doing a disfavor to the shelter world by misrepresenting shelters in this way.  Who's cleaning up the urine and poop everywhere?  It just really rings false for me.  You can't keep a litter of puppies clean for more than ten minutes.  And they surely don't romp around a carpeted room or stay tucked in someone's shirt without leaving a reminder.

Something is also up with LVP's dogs. There might be some truth to what Brandi said about her giving them Xanax.

This I am saying about Giggy and Harrison. She took Dorit with her to a store once and used Harrison to wipe the counter. Her dogs never bark and they should be small yippy dogs. I think the only dog I ever remember her having that acted like a dog is Humpy

Now Kyle's dogs - act like dogs. They run around and play and are very social.

rhobh-dog-01.gif?itok=TV2lPkOq

Even neutered dogs do this as a show of dominance. Is this the same dog that pees while doing a handstand?

• Love 7

Didn't Lisa say, many seasons ago, that Giggy has a skin condition and is on some kind of medicine so he won't scratch?  And that medication makes him sleepy? 

It was in the episode where the breeder said he should be put down.  :(

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Something is also up with LVP's dogs. There might be some truth to what Brandi said about her giving them Xanax.

This I am saying about Giggy and Harrison. She took Dorit with her to a store once and used Harrison to wipe the counter. Her dogs never bark and they should be small yippy dogs. I think the only dog I ever remember her having that acted like a dog is Humpy

Now Kyle's dogs - act like dogs. They run around and play and are very social.

rhobh-dog-01.gif?itok=TV2lPkOq

Even neutered dogs do this as a show of dominance. Is this the same dog that pees while doing a handstand?

Giggy takes medication for several health issues, something Lisa has spoken about a few times, she has never hid that fact. As for Harrison, he is a calm dog (not all small dogs are yappers, I know this first hand as our Malt wasn't like that either) and it's not like Lisa slammed him down on the counter while whipping him back and forth on it, she set him down and moved him side to side. The only time our Malt would bark/yip, was when someone came to our house but if I took him somewhere, he was calm/quiet. Oh, and Kyle's dog's behavior was bad enough that she sent them all to doggy training school for 2 weeks, which is when they were robbed. Oh, and it seems that Storm liked to chew on the furniture as well as the littlest on peeing on the walls, which isn't "normal" dog behavior.

29 minutes ago, Jel said:

Didn't Lisa say, many seasons ago, that Giggy has a skin condition and is on some kind of medicine so he won't scratch?  And that medication makes him sleepy? 

Yes, she has talked about his medical issues a few times.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Giggy takes medication for several health issues, something Lisa has spoken about a few times, she has never hid that fact. As for Harrison, he is a calm dog (not all small dogs are yappers, I know this first hand as our Malt wasn't like that either) and it's not like Lisa slammed him down on the counter while whipping him back and forth on it, she set him down and moved him side to side. The only time our Malt would bark/yip, was when someone came to our house but if I took him somewhere, he was calm/quiet. Oh, and Kyle's dog's behavior was bad enough that she sent them all to doggy training school for 2 weeks, which is when they were robbed. Oh, and it seems that Storm liked to chew on the furniture as well as the littlest on peeing on the walls, which isn't "normal" dog behavior.

Yes, she has talked about his medical issues a few times.

Didn't Cesar say the other little Kyle dog Romeo  wanted to be the top dog?  As a pack, Kyle's dogs get on amazingly well.  I would keep them outside and only bring them in when there is constant human observation.  Storm is still pretty much a puppy, so chewing when she was 8 months old or younger isn't that rare.  The scratch marks on the front door were pretty low so I am thinking Romeo and Khloe are to blame.

I think the girls like the smaller dogs and Kyle likes the big dogs.  The girl who went to Boston for college was very attached to the pack and showed them a lot of attention-they must miss her.     

• Love 5
3 hours ago, renatae said:

It's not just that.  The proper shaped glass also helps direct the wine to the appropriate section of the tongue to best enjoy its attributes.  That's why some glasses are taller than others and some have tuliped tops, etc.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's not just that.  The proper shaped glass also helps direct the wine to the appropriate section of the tongue to best enjoy its attributes.  That's why some glasses are taller than others and some have tuliped tops, etc.  

Absolutely-there is a method to the madness with wineglasses and even beer glasses.  If I were LVP and trying to showcase my Rose, I would like in the proper glass so people would not think I had a sparkling rose.  Teddi has said she knew and doesn't care.   If someone cares does that make them a villain?  I disagree with the use of the word etiquette- correct, appropriate, suitable would have been better choices.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Didn't Cesar say the other little Kyle dog Romeo  wanted to be the top dog?  As a pack, Kyle's dogs get on amazingly well.  I would keep them outside and only bring them in when there is constant human observation.  Storm is still pretty much a puppy, so chewing when she was 8 months old or younger isn't that rare.  The scratch marks on the front door were pretty low so I am thinking Romeo and Khloe are to blame.

I think the girls like the smaller dogs and Kyle likes the big dogs.  The girl who went to Boston for college was very attached to the pack and showed them a lot of attention-they must miss her.     

Yes, Storm is young but chewing on furniture isn't normal, of all the dogs we have had, a lot BTW, we only had 1 that did it once and we dealt with it then so it never happened a second time. Kyle/family have had a lot happen in their lives/home(s) over the past year and I suspect that no one was giving the dogs the attention they needed/required and they started misbehaving more and more. It happens but it is usually the fault of the owners more than the dogs themselves. About the door scratches, I don't remember seeing that before they got Storm, she was that height when they got her, and that would fit into her chewing/destroying furniture as well. LOL

There was a reason Kyle/Mauricio sent them all to doggy training camp, from the biggest to the smallest, they all needed a refresher on good puppy behavior. Life happens and sometimes it can bring out the worst in our pets and I think this is what happened to the 4 legged Umanski furkids.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Wait, you didn't like her Wilma Flintstone necklace?

rhobh-kyle.gif&key=2932abf2313b0dfb5fdd4

8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Hideous!

The Loehmann's (RIP retail store, you made me happy) on La Cienega had the Wilma Flintstone necklace in its jewelry case shortly after the bauble first appeared on the show.  The sales clerk said I was the 4th person to tell her, "this item was on RHoBH." It looked even more vulgar in person. :-D

Edited by SCS
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Kyle must have been the only one who bought them then. LOL

It surprised me but they sold out of them after that episode! LOL Fake or not, that had to have had some serious weight with the ugly dog choke collar chain!

• Love 4

I'm not sure Kyle being the only client counts as sold out, but glad Luann was able to unload some of her craptastic junk off on someone! LOL

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Absolutely-there is a method to the madness with wineglasses and even beer glasses.  If I were LVP and trying to showcase my Rose, I would like in the proper glass so people would not think I had a sparkling rose.  Teddi has said she knew and doesn't care.   If someone cares does that make them a villain?  I disagree with the use of the word etiquette- correct, appropriate, suitable would have been better choices.   

I didn't think she was a villain because she cared. I thought she was a jerk because her tone of voice when speaking to the server was snappish and she didn't keep her volume down to keep others from overhearing. Perhaps she feels it is fine to treat servers in such a way, but in any event, I felt she went out of her way to make a point of her disapproval to the other guests.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 12
On 2/7/2018 at 1:24 PM, janie2002 said:

I have horrible periods. TMI bleed through super flo tampons and thick sleeping pads in a few hours in bed. I have had this happen on vacation. I was so scared I laid plastic bags under me because the last thing I wanted to do is stain our Airbnb blankets or worse the mattress mattress. So I can understand if that was why erika left, but if she didn't let the hostess know it can seem like a slap in the face. If you have never had a flow that heavy it doesnt even make sense that you are not dying lol I would hate to be around people (besides my husband) dealing with that time of cycle.

Had this for years too. Peri-menopausal in my late 40's, early 50's. The heavy periods were horrifying, debilitating, limiting, embarrassing. Then guess what happened -  I hit actual menopause. A few side affects, yes, heat flashes, night sweats, some bitchiness, moodiness. But then, came post menopause = no more periods.

And ITS LIBERATING !!!! I remember when I threw the last box of tampons/pads out. It wasn't sad. It was empowering. 

Just wanted to share the good news ahead for you. Hang in there, Janie !  

Now back to RH of BevHills: I so empathize with Erika here. She is technically "at work" and has to deal with that awfulness. She will get to the "liberating" stage too. I wish her well. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Jel said:

Yes  hydroxyzine. Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine used for the treatment of allergies, itching, atopy, and dermatitis in cats and dogs. The antiemetic property of the medication reduces nausea, while the anxiolytic property aids the treatment of anxiety.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

I can’t sort the Dorit, Kyle LVP restaurant fight at all. Boring. The only thing I did notice was when the food came it looks like Kyle got the halibut and Dorit the shaved carrot salad which means the server mixed up their orders. But that’s my food issues talking !

Potluck... I think when you have  a group at your home for 24 hours it’s nice not to eat out, get in the car, get dressed up etc. I think Teddi provided the main meals and their potluck offerings were to make it a nice day of several meals of grazing . Help yourself , enjoy the beach. Casual. Have any of the HW hosted all of their wives under their home roof or vacation home ? I’m thinking Palm Springs for Kyle but maybe not all the wives slept over, just Kim etc. 

dorits outfit was bad enough but it was 4” too long ! And LVP goes to the beach in slacks full on spanx, and strappy chunky sandals. She wore these shoes on the beach ! What is wrong with her it looks so trussed up tucked in and painful. Kyle and Dorit were bad but LVP was dressed to walk Rodeo. Camille always does it right she had on spike heels for the ride, took them off and strode onto the beach barefooted and admired the views. Well done . 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

There was a reason Kyle/Mauricio sent them all to doggy training camp, from the biggest to the smallest, they all needed a refresher on good puppy behavior. Life happens and sometimes it can bring out the worst in our pets and I think this is what happened to the 4 legged Umanski furkids.

This!  Little dogs that receive training, discipline and guidance are generally confident and secure enough that they are NOT yappy.  Yappiness comes from insecurity and fear most of the time.

I say most of the time, because like people, some dogs just like to be heard.

Doso is a 99 pound dog.  The 2 of us spent money and time training.  Partly because we knew he would be big and mainly because he's a dog!  They need boundaries.  So many little dog owners don't understand the value because when their dog gets agressive, they look like ferocious teddy bears.  Cute, but still ferocious. 

There have been too many occasions while walking Doso where he is attacked by a smaller dog.  It usually starts off with,

• "My dog is friendly and just wants to play"
  • Which leads to tiny dog, barking, leaping up and grabbing Doso by throat or muzzle and occasionally drawing blood 
  • Small dog owner laughs and says, "Look how tough you are, he could eat you".  No apology, no concern for Doso whatsoever 
  • Which leads to me politely saying, "I'm pretty confident if the roles were reversed, this would not be funny to you.  One day, your dog will bite the throat of a dog who hasn't had training and could possibly be killed by a dog who is protecting themselves.  Will it still be funny then?"

I love dogs of all sizes.  Most pet people try to do right, but so often can be very lazy about the training of their dog.  It's a lifelong process. 

• Love 20
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought it would have been nice if either or both Kyle and Dorit would have said something along the lines of how they never doubted Ken and were very happy for the two of them to get out from under a frivilous lawsuit.  Or justice prevailed.  Of course I also thought Kyle and Dorit should have apologized for being late instead of giggling.

I'm not the biggest Lisa's fan, don't hate her. But, yeah that would've started my attitude with Dorit and Kyle. They could have at the very least apologizedand and not giggled about the lateness. 

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Jel said:

LVP didn't mention the condition until later on.

I'm still giving her the side eye. It is a condition she didn't mention on the show until people were giving her negative comments.

Notice how the "skin" condition only affects where poor Giggy is CLOTHED. His face and paws don't seem to be an issue because these are "uncovered"

I think she caused it, the abrasion or allergic reaction to the fabric could be one cause. Dogs shed, more so when overheated to bring their core temperature down, Putting that dog in velvet, the fabrics chafe the skin and make him hot.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm still giving her the side eye. It is a condition she didn't mention on the show until people were giving her negative comments.

Notice how the "skin" condition only affects where poor Giggy is CLOTHED. His face and paws don't seem to be an issue because these are "uncovered"

I think she caused it, the abrasion or allergic reaction to the fabric could be one cause. Dogs shed, more so when overheated to bring their core temperature down, Putting that dog in velvet, the fabrics chafe the skin and make him hot.

It's an honest to goodness skin condition:

http://www.petpom.com/pomeranian-bsd

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

All the dogs with this condition are bald in the same areas based on my research at the University of Google Images. 

LVP is a lot of things, but I don't think she would knowingly harm an animal.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Lisa talked about Giggy's medical conditions in either season 1 or 2 and he has to wear clothes to protect his skin. Giggy has hair on his head, lower legs/paws and tail but is bald everywhere else because of the alopecia.  At home he wears light clothes, not the fussy things he wears out in public, so he is in the lighter clothes (think jersey material) more often than not. 

• Love 9

I don't know, KFB. I like to think LVP would do a much better job taking care of Ken's future toupees.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

This!  Little dogs that receive training, discipline and guidance are generally confident and secure enough that they are NOT yappy.  Yappiness comes from insecurity and fear most of the time.

I say most of the time, because like people, some dogs just like to be heard.

Doso is a 99 pound dog.  The 2 of us spent money and time training.  Partly because we knew he would be big and mainly because he's a dog!  They need boundaries.  So many little dog owners don't understand the value because when their dog gets agressive, they look like ferocious teddy bears.  Cute, but still ferocious. 

There have been too many occasions while walking Doso where he is attacked by a smaller dog.  It usually starts off with,

• "My dog is friendly and just wants to play"
  • Which leads to tiny dog, barking, leaping up and grabbing Doso by throat or muzzle and occasionally drawing blood 
  • Small dog owner laughs and says, "Look how tough you are, he could eat you".  No apology, no concern for Doso whatsoever 
  • Which leads to me politely saying, "I'm pretty confident if the roles were reversed, this would not be funny to you.  One day, your dog will bite the throat of a dog who hasn't had training and could possibly be killed by a dog who is protecting themselves.  Will it still be funny then?"

I love dogs of all sizes.  Most pet people try to do right, but so often can be very lazy about the training of their dog.  It's a lifelong process. 

THIS x 1000!!!

• Love 10

Speaking of Giggy~ apparently he had to be airlifted from Aspen, Colorado for altitude sickness! He is home recovering now. 

Giggy has alopecia ( hair loss) from a skin condition. I have a 4 pound Yorkie that has severe seborrhea that also caused hair loss, and I have to clip his hair super short in affected areas to allow medicated shampoos to better reach the skin. My dog loves wearing cozy pajamas - they keep him warm and secure. Giggy’s outfits are way to scratchy and obstructive. Poor guy needs some fleece PJ’s. 

• Love 7