Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Buddy's Missing

• Start Topic

I sooooo do not care about the pregnant Ashley story line. 

Diaper on the cat. There are no words. 

Todd was acting all kinds of strange when he was making up with Shitney. 

All in all, a very boring eppy. Thank god it was only an hour this time. 

• Love 1

Ugh this so called woman.

didnt Ashley tell Whitney not to make it about herself? What does Whitney do? Cry during a baby diaper class about her pretend pregnancy last season. I can’t believe that she and production are still going on with that ridiculous pregnancy routine they were putting on TLC. No one was buying it but she can drum up tears and ruin everyone else’s moment.

but even funnier, the actual funny story on the show is her battle to get her so callled dance class back from her friend. Now that’s the story they should film. I’d love to see those two girls have at.

Ok..as a long time golfer, I can't believe a course let Whitney dress like that on the course.  I hope they paid the course and all the other golfers big bucks for having to watch her swing a club wearing that shirt. Gross!!

On 1/20/2018 at 2:14 PM, Me from ME said:

BTW during the last episode I didn't see you all were mentioning licking armpits. Who was the lickee?

The third Avi woman on last week's show, said Avi like to do that.

3 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Okay. What I know about golf could fit in a thimble so golfers among us, answer me this: Is that not an unnecessarily large club she uses there?? 

Maybe the shaft is long but she's using a driver (with a very large head) which is what you tee off with. 

30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

All in all, a very boring eppy. Thank god it was only an hour this time. 

That was my feeling too.  Boring.

15 minutes ago, Swiss said:

Ok..as a long time golfer, I can't believe a course let Whitney dress like that on the course. 

I wondered about that.  Haven't been on a golf course since college, but there were rules.

9 minutes ago, Kid said:

I’ve bet walking upstairs BEHIND Whitney IS scary!!!!     Heather doesn’t stand a chance if she falls back on her.

When she was leaning over Ashley during the coaching, I was thinking the same thing.

So TODD has “really enjoyed dragging this thing out” and she’s going to be the “bigger person “?  Well...she got that half right.  She is the bigger person... ?

Oh lord...the dance...I can’t unsee that ...I need counseling now...or wine...lots and lots of ? 

4 minutes ago, Kid said:

She is always the bigger person, literally.

Ha! You posted while I was writing. Hilarious!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, John M said:

Babs has always "dreamed" of going to Hawaii? They appear to be very comfortably upper middle class, Bab's drives a new Jaguar, what dreaming, pull out your Amex.

We all know this is a pre planned TLC trip. 

2 hours ago, LookABird said:

Every time I hear someone say that, I am reminded of Dr. Science.

"I have a master's degree!  In SCIENCE!"  It never fails to make me laugh.  :)

Hahaha I'm not up to that part and I thought the post was about him saying he had masters as in people who tell him what to do, aka Mt Whitney. 

I really hate to defend Whitney but her dad was out of line with saying that  if she spent more time looking for a man instead of taking care of cats he would have a grandchild.  His son can give him grandchildren too - why is it all on her to give him grandchildren.  

No wonder she’s a mess.

• Love 3

Glenn can kiss my ass with his "you should be chasin' a man rather than having cats." That was fucking offensive. Pets are not replacements for children. I heard no end of "you should give up x (a career, various hobbies and athletic pursuits) and find a man" growing up, and I'd prefer any of those things, and cats, to having a man who would want me to give those things up. Pets, friends, etc., are not placeholders for romantic partners. Anyone who didn't like me complete with my ridiculous hobbies and obnoxious legal references and onerous book collection and rescue cat is not worth my time, and I'm not any more appealing without those things.

My girlfriend has two cats and I have one, and I can't wait to blend our little family of cats and grow old together, two lesbo old maids who ain't need no man and I wouldn't give a shit if it gave Glenn a heart attack.

Kudos to Whitney for storming out and taking the kitten with her. That scruffy little extra-toed guy was adorable and if he was near me I'd take him in a second. I mean, no kudos for getting an unwanted pet as a gift, but at least she didn't discard him.

• Love 2

OK, as an animal lover, i was a little put off with parents talking about cat as though it was almost trash. So, annoying as Whit is...I just wanted the cat to survive the show. Dad did low blow on the cat/preg issue as well, (yes I am defending Whit again!)

Besides the parental let down,

I could not believe how Whit talked to Todd  with her little Venn Diagram. so Bossy, even what may have been a compliment sounded like verbal assault.

Next, forget the actual words, but saying the neighborhood magazine "finally" was doing an article on them, Wow.

Creepy laugh about Todd's Sperm and her "oops" moment.

I realize many people have been mean to her throughout her life, but it shocks me as to how mean she can be to others.

all three of us writing same time about Glenn and his shitty comments...Whoop Whoop!

• Love 1

I just want to mention again how blase Whit was about Buddy's air conditioning being out for days. Buddy doesn't have an air conditioner, you have an air conditioner, he is your tenant and she is just kind of meh, his room might be uninhabitable because I, landlord don't give a shit about fixing my property but she is so concerned about his whereabouts.

I know this is all fake but it's kind of amazing how Whit doesn't seem to care at all how bad this show makes her look for no good reason, all she had to say was something like "We have been having air conditioning problems but the part is on order" but instead she is just like ehh, I don't give a shit about my tenant having air conditioning but OMG I haven't heard from him in days, what could possibly be wrong?!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, John M said:

Why does Ashley think that Whit commits to anything? Like what has followed through on in her entire life?

What a question to ask in the middle of Season Five! :) (She seems very committed to TLC)

Edited by Ketzel

Yes, their is a dress code at almost all Golf courses and maybe 99% of courses in the south. Some public courses can’t really police the attire on the public but they certainly weren’t at a southern country club golf course or they 1. Wouldn’t want to be on her dirty TV show, 2. If they let her film they would want her in proper clothes which means simply a shirt with a collar and sleeves, shirts tucked in pants with a belt and absolutely no denim. 

Shes in tag clothes baring her arms /shoulders with flaming tattoos and can’t even ride in her golf cart with another person. And her immaturity had her trying to be funny driving a golf cart pretending not to know how to drive it etc, the deep belly laugh like she likes to do is annoying to other golfers on the course.

people spend a lot of money for a round of golf and I seriously doubt they wanted it ruined so Whitney could do her ridiculous show.

Her parents have a beautiful home so he must do very well at whatever he does. However, I think the “I Had a really good year at work and got a bonus I’m going to surprise your mom with Hawaii”

is actually “TLC is sending us all to Hawaii because we might get a few more suckers to watch your show”. 

not to take anything away from her dad and his career but still, TLC is sending them to Hawaii.

39 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Glenn can kiss my ass with his "you should be chasin' a man rather than having cats." That was fucking offensive. Pets are not replacements for children. I heard no end of "you should give up x (a career, various hobbies and athletic pursuits) and find a man" growing up, and I'd prefer any of those things, and cats, to having a man who would want me to give those things up. Pets, friends, etc., are not placeholders for romantic partners. Anyone who didn't like me complete with my ridiculous hobbies and obnoxious legal references and onerous book collection and rescue cat is not worth my time, and I'm not any more appealing without those things.

My girlfriend has two cats and I have one, and I can't wait to blend our little family of cats and grow old together, two lesbo old maids who ain't need no man and I wouldn't give a shit if it gave Glenn a heart attack.

Kudos to Whitney for storming out and taking the kitten with her. That scruffy little extra-toed guy was adorable and if he was near me I'd take him in a second. I mean, no kudos for getting an unwanted pet as a gift, but at least she didn't discard him.

Look, I really think that Whitney had every intention of keeping that kitten for herself. They are just pretending to give it to Babs. She didn’t want to be criticized for getting a third cat so now she can say “well mom didn’t want him so I HAD to keep him”

as if either of them needed that bizarre kitten

41 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Glenn can kiss my ass with his "you should be chasin' a man rather than having cats." That was fucking offensive. Pets are not replacements for children.

THIS!  Not everyone is meant to be a parent either. 

• Love 3

I don't know , this show is so scattered that it's really losing me. I think I'm going to have to give it up. This will be the second series I gave up on this year, the other one was Kevin Can Wait- which I did actually like last season. Whitney and her friend from Egypt chasing after a guy who clearly isn't interested in either of them is really pathetic. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Moloch Must Die said:

You guys you guys you guys A GOLF CART. Please tell me I wasn't the only person thinking about Steven Assante and the best gif in the whole world.

The actual instant I heard "golfing" my mind went straight to the golf cart scene lmao.

What I know about golf could also fit in a thimble...but I still knew what a TEE TIME WAS! Twit's face lights up - "Tea time?" NO, Twit, not time to eat and have tea, time to GOLF. She seriously can't be that stupid.

For about a second I thought Tal's little jealous reaction when Twit said she could "Just get some sperm from Todd" - and not him - was kind of funny. Then I immediately thought, whoa, would Tal actually be JEALOUS of that? Who in their right mind would want to have a baby with such a narcissist?

I don't like Todd or Whitney, and this "share the class 50/50" solution is something any idiot over the age of 10 should have been able to come up with as soon as she abandoned the fake "tour". Either it was totally contrived for fake drama, or they are the two most self-centered, immature 30 yr olds ever, or both.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Why is Whitney the labor coach and not the baby's father?

AND she said last week that Todd is the other person she's having in her delivery room.  Seriously?  I don't care if he's her "favorite cousin" - that's just weird.  Especially since her baby daddy wants to marry her and they have sex several times a week.

4 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Fuck you, Tal, you pretentious prick. "I have my masters." 

Remember when she went to the "dance event" with the fat Irish guy and was allowed to bring a guest?  And she told Tal and Todd together and then invited Tal, even though Todd is her "dance partner".  Looks like Tal just got his payback for that :)

2 hours ago, Swiss said:

Ok..as a long time golfer, I can't believe a course let Whitney dress like that on the course.  I hope they paid the course and all the other golfers big bucks for having to watch her swing a club wearing that shirt. Gross!!

When she said "I didn't get the khaki shorts dress code" I immediately felt thankful that she didn't - or she would have pulled those nude leggings from several years ago out of a drawer!

1 hour ago, Kid said:

I really hate to defend Whitney but her dad was out of line with saying that  if she spent more time looking for a man instead of taking care of cats he would have a grandchild.  His son can give him grandchildren too - why is it all on her to give him grandchildren.  

No wonder she’s a mess.

That was sort of the "jumping the shark" moment of the show for me - as in if I hadn't known it was scripted, I would know it now.  As in Whitney starts having "feelings" about having a baby and now Glenn suddenly says something like that.  I call BS - Glenn knows perfectly well that it isn't true anyway.  Glenn's real concern is her physical and mental health, and he shows himself trying in those areas (although he does it poorly); IMO that was a line given to him.

And can I just say that running/walking a marathon (or half) is something to be proud of - being able to walk 3 miles in your early 30's really isn't.  

I love Todd. He's the only one that will stand up to Whitney. Imagine those two having a kid together, though. Todd and partner would be full time parents to a smaller Whitney, god forbid. I hope he never gets that desperate for a child. Let Tal have the position of father to Whit's kid since his head is so far stuck up her vag anyway. 

3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

OK, as an animal lover, i was a little put off with parents talking about cat as though it was almost trash. So, annoying as Whit is...I just wanted the cat to survive the show.

I was really mad watching the whole scene with the gorgeous little kitten.  Her mom really pissed me off saying she didn't feel bad about giving him back as he was stuffed in the carrier.  This is why so many animals are put down in shelters, and yes I'm aware her mom never wanted the cat in the first place, but maybe I just wish she could have tried to make it work.  At least Whitney kept it so it wouldn't end up in a shelter.   

• Love 3
On 1/21/2018 at 1:43 PM, Ketzel said:

And when Allison (that was her name, right?) bashfully admitted to that particular oddness, I believe Nada nodded, too. So of the three, Whitney, an armpit-smelling fetishist herself, was the only one whose armpits Avi had rejected. Must have been particularly painful for her . . .

Well, considering the fact that she’d posted somewhere that “her armpit hair is growing like dandelions to the sun”....

11 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I’m torn. I feel like I must care about why Buddy is missing, and be there to make horrified faces while cats are being diapered, but.....Fiddler on the Roof is on tonight. Screw Twit’s entire made up world. Except Ashley. And that poor cat.

“Matchmaker, Matchmaker Make Me A Match”...They’re playin’ Twits song!!

7 hours ago, Kid said:

No wonder she’s a mess.

Never mind the fact that even if she were married and trying to have children, it would be very difficult for her and maybe not even possible. It was very insensitive, and I actually hope this conversation was scripted for dramatic effect. 

This seems to be a comment that a lot of people are actually coming to her defense for, and I think that's because it's something that so many women experience. People seem to think that they have a right to police how women should produce offspring; it's frustrating to deal with and frustrating to see someone else deal with. 

• Love 3

I agree with others - Glen was inappropriate, rude  and hurtful with the grandchildren comments.  Also bribing your thirty-plus year old daughter to exercise with a trip to Hawaii is sad and weird.

Whitney seriously needs to put on clothes.  HOW IS IT OKAY TO WALK AROUND IN A SPORTS BRA AND STRETCHY PANTS?  IN PUBLIC?!  AND ON TV?  It's bothersome.  Put on a SHIRT!!!!!  I hear the No Body Shame clothing line is having a going out of business sale - pick up a t shirt there, perhaps?!

Felt badly for the kitty and was surprised Babs rejected it.  That seemed out of character for her.  I'm an animal lover - I have four cats (and yes, a husband and children) and I am into having pets.  I don't eat meat because I think of the animals and how they are ill-treated...I just want peace and kindness for animals.....including kitties on TLC shows.

Buddy hasn't paid his rent in many months.  So does he really live there as a tenant or not?  If the whole "buddy lives here" thing is a sham, no wonder he didn't pay rent. And yes, I noticed that Whitney waited for Buddy's ex girlfriend to show up before meandering (slowly and awkwardly) upstairs to see his living space.  Niiiiiiiice and sensitive, Whitney.

The pregnant woman stuff - I was wondering where the baby dad is, too.  WTF with Whitney taking the classes with pregnant mom - where's the dad?  Oh yea, the whole thing is super fake and TLC is desperate...hence Whitney crying, making it about her and ultimately diapering a couple cats as practice.  

• Love 3

I don’t think Glenn has thought his plan to get Whitney to lose weight all the way through. It’s going to get very expensive if it costs him the equivalent of a trip to Hawaii every time he wants Whitney to get some exercise. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, PityFree said:

It’s not normal for parents to sit around trying to think up hobbies for their adult child  so that that adult child has something to do with her day. 

No. And it's not normal for a parents to haul their kid(s) to their anniversary/second honeymoon trip. But it's all a TLC set up so who cares anyways right?

1 hour ago, GabrielleMW said:

This seems to be a comment that a lot of people are actually coming to her defense for, and I think that's because it's something that so many women experience. People seem to think that they have a right to police how women should produce offspring; it's frustrating to deal with and frustrating to see someone else deal with. 

In my opinion TLC had Glen throw himself under the bus. TLC knows people hate watch and HATE Shitney.  This way they geared up a little sympathy for her.  Due to the fakeness, I say good on Glen. He should have laid in on her stupid smelling fetish as well. Geez Glen, just commit the girl already.

Just not right to foist a pet on anyone else.  Especially a kitten on someone north of 70 who isn’t likely to be able to care for it for its lifetime.

So Whit doesn’t need to prove she can do a 5K because she sort of did one a ways back?  Not even relevant.

I don’t particularly care about Glenn’s comment about wanting grandchilden, I think parents get a pass on subjects like that.  But it would be so irresponsible of Whitney to have any children at all in her condition and mindset.  Glenn should understand that.  On the other hand, Glenn might want Whitney to have a husband and kids so they can take over the responsibility of caring for Whitney when Glenn and Babs are no longer able to.

The family-in-the-neighborhood shots were going well until Whit and Kit showed up, then Babs started to scowl.  I hope one of those is posted!

For those of you who ate pissed off at Glen, don’t be. I’m very sure that whole incident was scripted to 1) gain some sympathy among those of us who hate watch and 2) further her whole storyline for this year of Twit feeling ambivalent about wanting a baby. And needing a boyfriend to produce one. Also I’m sure the idea all along was for Twit to adopt that kitten. The Babs thing was only to add drama. Just like Babs  “always wanting to go to Hawaii”.  Like they didn’t have money to go before on their own dime. 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:11 AM, spankydoll said:

They need a new script writer then. They could just rehash old plots from I Love Lucy and Laverne and Shirley.  

I am not one of these that calls everything scripted but the "Whitney is mad cause Tai took her Big Girl Dance class away" isTOTALLY A SCRIPTED STORYLINE PEOPLE!!! She came back, said yeah I don't care, I feel too lazy to teach now and my leg hurts to teach the class so keep teaching it until I feel better, after all I gave it to you. Scriptwriters: how about we pretend you are REALLY MAD about him having the class and we make it a whole season arc? I mean the whole thing about - wait, you went to whitney's and danced in her studio n this episode..yet ANOTHER couple of scenes about this bullshit.. This whole thing is absolute bullshit. They drag it out in every episode as if we give a shit, they add this story to every episode and scene.: the other friends opinions, a fight over it at the pizza party etc. 

1 hour ago, RabbiBeth said:

Felt badly for the kitty and was surprised Babs rejected it.  That seemed out of character for her.  I'm an animal lover - I have four cats (and yes, a husband and children) and I am into having pets.  I don't eat meat because I think of the animals and how they are ill-treated...I just want peace and kindness for animals.....including kitties on TLC shows.

In a lot of ways, I can understand Babs's rejection of the kitten. As she pointed out, she has several pets right now. Clearly, from the last episode, we've seen she's struggling with keeping the pig in the yard and not destroying things. She also has an older cat who seems to be very skittish as it is. Babs is also not well. She had a stroke not too long ago and is probably still having some rehab or follow-up with it. To suddenly add a kitten to the mix, no matter how cute, without being asked, can be too much to ask. Plus, given that it's a curly haired cat, I would imagine it probably has some regular grooming needs above and beyond what a normal cat would. Babs didn't talk about what happened in the 24 hours she had the kitten. It's possible that the older cat expressed his displeasure very vocally and painfully. Babs doesn't need to spend her days separating two fighting cats or trying to get them to like one another. Plus, this may be a family history of Whitney "getting her mom" pets only to take them back. Isn't that part of why Babs likes Henchi so much? I say good on Babs for knowing her limits and not taking a pet just because her daughter decided that Babs "needed" a cat that Whitney wanted.

On another note, I'm willing to give Glenn a pass on his cat versus kids comments. I think he's decided that tough love is the only way to get through to Twit. I suspect her size has been discussed at length both as it relates to her ability to have kids and the ability to attract a man. I think Twit is using the animals as a barrier to letting new people into her life. How often have Glenn and Babs heard that Twit couldn't do something because she had to take care of her pets? I also suspect that Glenn knows that any man walking in and spotting all of the cat poop on the floor is going to run. Not to mention if there's cat pee. I suspect that Twit doesn't regularly clean the litterboxes like she should. I'd be out and I like cats. I also think he agreed to be the fall guy for TLC's story line.

9 hours ago, Stephanie1216 said:

as if either of them needed that bizarre kitten

I need a more in-depth description of this kitten. Can someone supply one? (Description, not kitten tho I would love another little snooki putzi).

Buddy's Missing recap! Ashley and Whit get pedicures and Whit is scandalized that Ashley and her boyfriend are still having sex. Because Whitney is scandalized by everyone's behavior but her own. Glenn decides to make Whitney golf with him, which would be great exercise if they walked the course, but they're not. Whitney cannot fit into a golf cart, to nobody's surprise. She doesn't even know which one's the gas and which is the brake, despite the fact that they're in the same locations as her car. Unreal. Whitney's gunt appears to obscure her swing almost entirely. Glenn offers to take Whitney to Hawaii if she is willing to do a 5K, and instead of jumping on it with "no duh" like a normal human, she is super nervous about doing a measly 5K. Gang, 5K is so short, especially for someone with a "dance career." 5K is so short that I don't do them anymore because it's not worth my time. Anyway, Whitney will think about it. Shit, if someone told me I would get a free trip to Hawaii if I took a stab at Ironman Kona I'd be like "SIGN MY BITCH ASS UP."

Whitney is hugely concerned about Buddy not answering his phone, but not concerned enough to waddle up one flight of stairs and peek into his room. Whit and Ashley go to a Baby And Me class and Whitney is excited about encouraging Ashley to get "down and dirty" during labor. Because everything involving Whitney has to be nauseatingly, inappropriately sexual. They play with a baby doll and Whitney "has feelings." There is no acknowledgement on her part that her weight might affect her fertility, so I have no sympathy, despite having gone though infertility myself. (One of the things I did when we were having trouble conceiving is lost 46 lb, even though I wasn't half as big as Whit.)

Whitney is swaddling her cats lamenting that there's no spot for their tail, that's the problem. Ashley: "Yeah. THAT'S the problem." Ashley can hang with us here any time. Whitney diapers her cat. Ashley: "That's not right." Marry me, Ash. Christ, now Todd and Whit are sitting down to discuss BGDC. To be fair to Whitney, she is being somewhat reasonable in asking Todd to be co-teachers. Too bad it took her SO LONG to get there. Todd agrees, and the drama is over, because they did the *same thing we've all been saying for weeks.* BTW Whitney's dance studio is decorated with "Yass Queen" and "you're worth it, bish" signs, and I am flummoxed. They choreograph a shitty dance for Ashley's baby blessing ceremony. I need a beer and it's not even 9 AM.

Whitney surprises Babs with a kitten during a photo shoot, and Babs is not happy with how ugly this kitten is. What a bitch. I think the kitten is cute, with the curly fur. Of course, nobody should surprise anyone with a pet, but this is Babs we're talking about. She turns down the cat and Whitney decides to keep him herself. Glenn announces that they're going to Hawaii, and Babs is most excited about the "brown-tone men" there. (No comment.) Whitney is super pissed that she has to do a 5K for one hour out of a weeklong trip to Hawaii, because she is a professional dancer who enjoys working out, right? RIGHT? Glenn is still in denial about his daughter's ability to have a baby, and it's starting to get really depressing. Whitney is venting to Tal in the car about how she doesn't know if she can ever have a baby and I'm like "LOSE 200 LB, WOMAN" but Whitney cannot hear me. Tal is faux-outraged that Whitney would rather have Todd's sperm than his. (No comment.)

Heather and Whit talk about Buddy and it turns out Whitney is a slumlord who won't fix the upstairs air conditioner. What house in the South doesn't have central air? They speculate whether Buddy is with a girl. LOLOL. With Heather walking behind to spot her, Whitney finally waddles up the damn stairs to see if Buddy's corpse is rotting in the unairconditioned attic. They discover that his room is...gasp...get ready, y'all...CLEAN. Holy fucking shit. For some reason they immediately speculate whether Buddy owes people money. Do they think he got a mob hit put on him? We get no answers, as the episode ends there.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Ravenna said:

Whit only decides to check upstairs until Heather comes around? She really cares that one.  Meanwhile, his cold, lifeless body has been rotting away for 5 days. 

Don't remind Whit that dead bodies stink.  She'll go look for one to smell.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Kid said:

I’ve bet walking upstairs BEHIND Whitney IS scary!!!!     Heather doesn’t stand a chance if she falls back on her.

I thought the same thing,  plus Heather says, as she's following the full moon, "I don't like the looks of this. "  

No one does, Heather,  no one does. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

For those of you who ate pissed off at Glen, don’t be. I’m very sure that whole incident was scripted to 1) gain some sympathy among those of us who hate watch and 2) further her whole storyline for this year of Twit feeling ambivalent about wanting a baby. And needing a boyfriend to produce one. Also I’m sure the idea all along was for Twit to adopt that kitten. The Babs thing was only to add drama. Just like Babs  “always wanting to go to Hawaii”.  Like they didn’t have money to go before on their own dime. 

Yep, this entire episode  felt very overly scripted as a catalyst for various future plots developing. It was very boring, and seemed kind of pointless, but, again, I'm pretty sure this episode's main purpose is as a bridge to move the show along from the Avi mess onto all the other things that they want to move onto. They're obviously going be getting into Whitney wanting to have children this season (whether that's a good idea realistically or not), and it always helps to have some conflict in reality TV.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Stephanie1216 said:

if either of them needed that bizarre kitten

In my opinion, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that kitten.  And I do not often say this but I actually respect Whitney for giving it a home.

32 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

I need a more in-depth description of this kitten. Can someone supply one? (Description, not kitten tho I would love another little snooki putzi).

It had curley hair and looked unkempt.  It looked like it needed a good home.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kid said:

In my opinion, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that kitten.  And I do not often say this but I actually respect Whitney for giving it a home.

To be even more descriptive, the kitten had longish, curly fur, and had extra thumbs so its paws looked really big. The whole effect made it look a bit like a leopard or another jungle cat of sorts. It was very cute IMO. Looked cuddly!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Kid said:

And now it's fallen into the clutches of cat-breath-huffing Whitney. But count me as one who believes that was Whitney's plan from the get-go. That kitten was never going to be Babs.'

I’m glad Babs said she didn’t want the kitten.  Twit was an asshole for doing it in the first place.  Never buy someone a pet!!! It’s a total fucking guilt gift.  My FIL’s dog passed away before Christmas last year and there was some talk amongst the grown ass adult children to get him a puppy for Christmas.  I responded with a loud “NO!”  If he and his wife want to get another dog, then they will get a dog.  I would be fucking pissed if someone showed up at my house with an animal under the guise of “a gift” and then tried to make feel like an asshole because I didn’t want it.  

Twit shouldn’t be allowed to have any fucking animals.  She can’t even care for herself properly.  Fucking smelling your cats breath should be considered animal abuse.  I know it’s not really harmful to the cat, but goddamn it’s really not right! She complains about money (can’t buy a plane ticket, can’t pay rent because Nigerian prince swindles her out of $1,900).  One of my biggest pet peeves are people who complain that they’re broke but have pets (and smoke but that’s another discussion). I actually worked at an animal shelter for a short time and this guy came up to the counter with a beautiful huskie.  He said he was doing an owner surrender because he was being evicted from his home and he had to be out of the house TOMORROW!  And this is the last thing he is waiting to do!!!! During the conversation, I find out that he also has a German Shepherd he needs to surrender.  I’m sorry but if I was having trouble making my house payment/rent, the first cost cutting measure I would look into would be re-homing two HUGE dogs that eat a shit-ton of food.  

On a side note, I love this board.  I feel like a found my soul(less) mates. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Kid said:

Re: the kitten... I couldn't decide if its fur was really curly, or if it needed a good brushing. So I Googled and found this: https://www.petful.com/cat-breeds/selkirk-rex/

Looks pretty similar. And if the breed is laid back that would explain why it seemed almost sedated (God I hope not...)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I’m sorry but if I was having trouble making my house payment/rent, the first cost cutting measure I would look into would be re-homing two HUGE dogs that eat a shit-ton of food.  

On a side note, I love this board.  I feel like a found my soul(less) mates. 

Had my then 8-year-old grandson in the car one day.  There was a person with a cardboard sign in the highway median:  "Please help.  Homeless.  God Bless You."  I kept my window rolled up and said nothing.

Grandson:  "Grammy, do you hate poor people?"

Me:  "Absolutely not.  Why would you think that?"

Grandson:  "That man is poor and you're not helping him."

Me:  "He has a dog with him, is smoking a cigarette, and drinking a Big Gulp from that 7-11 on the corner.  He obviously has no sense about how to spend his money.  If he's homeless, he's keeping his dog out in this Arizona heat . . . which is cruel.  And if he's not desperate enough to quit smoking, I'm not going to help him continue to waste money.  Big Gulps are cheap, and he needs to hydrate, so I don't have a problem with that.  But I work hard for my money, and I get to decide where to spend it.  I'm not spending it on cigarettes for someone else."

I am a kind person, and have bought lots of meals for the down-and-out.  But cigarettes, pets, and kids with panhandlers are deal-breakers.