Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E04: Week 4

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

This episode really turned me into a Chelsea stan. I'm obsessed with her at this point.

I also kinda loved Beckah in this ep. She's an interesting character.

Krystal is a mess, but I enjoy the hell outta watching her. The scene with her/Tia/Caroline was hilarious. This episode also made me a huge fan of Caroline, so I was sad to see her go.

Kendall and Lauren B. are insufferable to me. Becca is boring, but sometimes I really like her. I decided she looks like someone, but now I forget who it is.

Oh, I finally kinda see what people are talking about with Jacqueline's beauty. She's an interesting stunner. My fave part about her is how she constantly looks like she'd rather be anywhere but where she is lol.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, redfish.bluefish said:

This! This actually turned the tide on my opinion of Chelsea. I think there is some snarky awesomeness in her somewhere. She appeared at first to be Olivia 2.0, but I am actually kind of liking her now. We see her less, but also, when we hear her, she's funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offering her a rose, but I don't hate her. I *might* even watch her as the B'ette.

I realized by last episode that Chelsea was a red herring as villain.

Her timing in the pro glam bit was great.   If she could keep up the snark and go to 11 in bitch mode, I would love her more than beans and rice.  

I just realized Brittany k is the one who got concussion in the stupid demolition derby.  She’s the one who acknowledged the retired green beret, and IMO the prettiest and shiniest.  I hope she doesn’t do BIP, because she seems classy and intelligent.

im now and have been anti pee drinking  for life.  Arie having to pretend to drink his pee to see who would actually try to “prove their love “ is a new low.  I guess faux poop eating is the next step.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I can see somewhat where you get the Andi resemblance with Tia but I'm mystified why so many think she looks so much like Raven. Their facial structures and features are completely different. Their hair colors not the same. The only thing similar to me is their accents.

They have very similar chins/mouths I think that's what made me think they look alike. They don't look identical but I wouldn't have been shocked at all if they were cousins or something rather than just friends from the same town, if that makes sense haha.

tia-and-raven-the-bachelor.jpg?w=300

I think that Bekka is the fakiest fake to fake on this show.  She continually over-reacts to every pronouncement or announcement to ensure that the camera will capture her reaction.  When Arie started talking about her age during their date, she "double-downed."  When about to tell her age, she went into sex-kitten mode.  Then, when Arie was voicing concerns, she leaned in as close as possible, unblinkingly stared into his eyes and questioned his doubts.  Why would that be a problem, but wouldn't it still be great, etc., etc.  She seemed desperate to hang onto this gig and remain on t.v. longer.  She is playing the 'anything goes' role and wants to remain in the 'limelight' as long as possible for her future career and economic options.  I think she also sees herself as smarter than everyone else there and that, therefore, nobody will see through her act.

Of course, as this is only my opinion, I am most likely wrong...

• Love 4

Bekkah is no more mature than any of the other bimbos, I think her hairstyle is clouding everyone’s (including Arie) opinion of her. If you watch her in group interactions, she jumps up and down higher than anyone else and acts out way more (overacting). 

Edited by sistersledge
  • Love 2

i hate the way Bekah drops her mouth open in amazement at every little thing. She may be super deep and intelligent, but I sure can't tell from her conversations on this show. I have no idea if she really likes Arie or is just trying to hold on so she could possibly be the bachelorette. I have never, ever said this before, but I would not watch her as the lead of the show. I actually think bunny boiler Krystal, does like Arie, but she is ruining her chances with desperation. Honestly, I kind of understand her-people who come from difficult childhoods either under or over react to everything. But, she is pushing him away and I wouldn't be surprised to see her drop way down on his list.

I have never been one super into Arie. He is attractive but never seemed to have much personality. I don't know if he really didn't want to be on the show and the show made him an offer he couldn't refuse, or he is just kind of dull. I also can't stand it when he talks about someone not opening up, after they spent the entire date talking about themselves. Other bachelors have used this saying, but usually when the woman doesn't say two words. I'm a 50/50 wrong reasons viewer but I like to see a little actual romance or what's the point. Lots of kissing, but not real romantic feeling so far. 

• Love 3

Arie seems to have no patience with most conversations he has with the women he's not interested in.  He gives himself away!

Becca, Kendall and Seinne seem to be the only ones he is interested in.

The 'you know' about did me in.  I never noticed that previously.  Was it nerves or did the producers warm him about it but he forgot.

I don't think becca is the right one for him!  She's just a kid.  He has way too many miles on him for a 22 year old nanny!

Edited by Jeanne222
46 minutes ago, huskerj12 said:

They have very similar chins/mouths I think that's what made me think they look alike. They don't look identical but I wouldn't have been shocked at all if they were cousins or something rather than just friends from the same town, if that makes sense haha.

Without a doubt, if these two were on the same season, it would take them both getting to the top 5 or 6 before I realized they were two different people. And that’s only because at that point they’d HAVE to be on screen at the same time interacting on a frequent basis for me to go Wait a minute... Oh, I might seem like I “know” most of the girls, but that’s only because I draft my initial post WHILE watching the show and read the names on screen. If I tried to recall who did what after the fact or, god forbid, they DON’T have the name on screen sometimes, forget it.

• Love 2

I agree that it's refreshingly different that Arie is not all buffed and eight packed, he's just a normal guy. You know, like the guys we would go out with. (Note I got both "you know" and "like" in that sentence. Score!) MakeMeLaugh wrote: "It actually is refreshing to not have a preening self-adoring lead admiring his own body in half-naked mirror shots ..." which reminded me of Sean Lowe's season, where he let himself be filmed, naked, taking a shower with the camera person in the show with him. He said later it was okay because the camera operator was a lesbian. Yeah, true story for those of you who weren't here for his season.

I meant, "in the SHOWER with him." Duh.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I agree that it's refreshingly different that Arie is not all buffed and eight packed, he's just a normal guy. You know, like the guys we would go out with.

I was excited to see him take his shirt off and realized it is the first time I remember it happening on this season! I'd be down with some more shirtless Arie scenes... he even has tattoos which I am now curious about (but not curious enough to search the Internet for information or anything).

I am so over Krystal's simpering baby voice and faux-concern. "Everybody is trying sooooo haaaard to get Arie's attention, but not meeeee! I'm soooooo beautiful and above it all, and I don't need to try sooooo haaaard!"

Note to Krystal: if you are so "over this" and "above this," then LEAVE.

I'm floored by insecurities, too, Krystal. Yours. You have so many.

27 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I am so over Krystal's simpering baby voice and faux-concern. "Everybody is trying sooooo haaaard to get Arie's attention, but not meeeee! I'm soooooo beautiful and above it all, and I don't need to try sooooo haaaard!"

Yet she's the first one to pounce on him as soon as he walked into the cocktail party, or group date. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see her jump out from behind the shower curtain when he goes to take a leak. She is trying harder than any of them. Delusion, they name is Krystal.

Speaking of taking a leak, since this show is pretty much deep in the toilet at this point, I would have refused to pee in the water bottle, forget getting to the drinking stage. 1. Not peeing on camera, even if it is only a shot of my head behind a rock, 2. Not peeing in a bottle unless I absolutely have to, 3. at a freaking resort, so I do not absolutely have to, and if that's a deal breaker for Arie, then BYE!!!!

I thought being bullied in the wrestling ring was the low point of this season. In the words of the great Shawn Spencer (Psych) I should have a degree in being wrong all the time! I now fear peeing in a bottle was the tip of the how low can this show go iceberg.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

Speaking of taking a leak, since this show is pretty much deep in the toilet at this point, I would have refused to pee in the water bottle, forget getting to the drinking stage. 1. Not peeing on camera, even if it is only a shot of my head behind a rock, 2. Not peeing in a bottle unless I absolutely have to, 3. at a freaking resort, so I do not absolutely have to, and if that's a deal breaker for Arie, then BYE!!!!

Don't you mean "Byeeeeeee"?

4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Without a doubt, if these two were on the same season, it would take them both getting to the top 5 or 6 before I realized they were two different people. And that’s only because at that point they’d HAVE to be on screen at the same time interacting on a frequent basis for me to go Wait a minute... Oh, I might seem like I “know” most of the girls, but that’s only because I draft my initial post WHILE watching the show and read the names on screen. If I tried to recall who did what after the fact or, god forbid, they DON’T have the name on screen sometimes, forget it.

Agreed. If we hadn't seen them together during Tia's introduction, I would swear they ARE the same person. 

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Becca is boring, but sometimes I really like her. I decided she looks like someone, but now I forget who it is.

I think she looks like Jessica Biel. 

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Speaking of taking a leak, since this show is pretty much deep in the toilet at this point, I would have refused to pee in the water bottle

Really hard for a woman to aim that neatly, I would have thought.

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, I finally kinda see what people are talking about with Jacqueline's beauty. She's an interesting stunner. My fave part about her is how she constantly looks like she'd rather be anywhere but where she is lol.

Jacqueline was the one who eagerly began to put her flask to her lips after Arie drank his "urine" - that's how keen she is for something stimulating to happen in this environment. I cannot wait for their solo date. She's the one who asked him more interesting questions on the first night; she works in a research lab.

11 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I can’t remember the last time a gunless guy was on a reality show. It actually is refreshing to not have a preening self-adoring lead admiring his own body in half-naked mirror shots, like Nick and almost every guy before him. 

Look at all the glam-shaming going on here! :)

• Love 3
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I think JoJo; she was 25 at the time.

She was. So was Ali during her season, bur JoJo was slightly younger, being 25 and 6 months when her season premiered, Ali being 25 and 8 months. 

On the other end of the age spectrum, Trista was 30 when she was Bachelorette, and was the oldest until last year, when Rachel was Bachelorette at 32.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Look at all the glam-shaming going on here! :)

He should be glam shamed.  I don’t want him to take his shirt off again.  No, uh uhn.  Do not pass go, will not co-sign or say yes to that dress.  I’d rather see Bob shirtless.  

Actually, bob was sexy when he had moobs. Some guys just need a good layer of chub. 

12 hours ago, huskerj12 said:

I see your point but then again you can say there are many people in this world who have similar chins but that alone doesn't make them look alike to me. There are more differences than there are similarities in my opinion. And they are not from the same town. Raven is from Hoxie and Tia's from Weiner. 

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED when Arie stated that Bekah was "deeper than anyone else he has ever dated".  You mean she's deeper than Courtney Robertson?  *gasps with shock* NO!!!!!!  Tell us more, Arie.

I wonder though if a lot of the B-ettes say similar things that Krystal does in their TH's but the editing is to shape it so it seems like she's the only one complaining so hard. Although they can't edit her being the only person to ask for time with him during a fucking rose ceremony so there's that.

It bugs me when there is no Cocktail Party.  Do they get to hang out with him after?  It just seems like a waste. Maybe he knows what he is going to do but why take time away from the others there? 

I looked to see if this was mentioned in the media thread but it was not.  SNL did a parody of this season and it was pretty funny.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=snl+bachelor+skit&view=detail&mid=6F62C8E605E7FF76FF2C6F62C8E605E7FF76FF2C&FORM=VIRE

Edited by IDreamofJoaquin
  • Love 1

It bugs me when there is no Cocktail Party. Do they get to hang out with him after? It just seems like a waste. Maybe he knows what he is going to do but why take time away from the others there? 

I wondered that too! Even if he knows, who he wants to send home, the women dont get to spend much time with him as it is so why wouldn't he want to see them whenever time allows? They got all dressed up spent time doing hair and makeup and he cancels the party and they just go back to their rooms after the rose ceremony.. That seems disrespectful and like he doesn't care to hang out with them. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

There are more differences than there are similarities in my opinion. And they are not from the same town. Raven is from Hoxie and Tia's from Weiner

Yes, if we had profile pictures, rather than straight on, I think we would see a bigger difference.  Raven is rather shovel-faced with her cheek bones and nose sort of pushed in.  Tia's face is the opposite, forehead and chin leaning back from the cheekbones, ever so slightly.  If someone would just take a snip off the end of Tia's nose (and snip the f-word out of her speech) she would be perfect in my estimation. 

23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

which reminded me of Sean Lowe's season, where he let himself be filmed, naked, taking a shower with the camera person in the show with him. He said later it was okay because the camera operator was a lesbian. Yeah, true story for those of you who weren't here for his season.

I meant, "in the SHOWER with him." Duh.

Man, what kind of a bonus do you suppose a camera person gets for actually getting a cast member to let them film in the shower? And how does that even come about? Did the camerawoman have the ovaries to ask (or just straight-up follow him in), or did he invite her?

19 hours ago, dleighg said:

yes. Peeking in a bottle is not easy for women.

I hope to whatever they at least provided these poor women with hand sanitizer or something after. I know, I know, pee is relatively sterile, and it is possible to do it without peeing on yourself, but the odds are good that you're gonna, and psychologically, if nothing else, you're going to want to wash your hands after that. Ugh. The whole thing was whack on so many levels. I'm a little scared to see what fresh hell they'll come up with for next week.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I’d rather the cocktail party get cancelled than the rose ceremony get delayed, any time! 

Oh god yes! I love that, so far, we end the ep with a rose ceremony. The cliffhangers were so lame. Let the show end on some loser crying in a limo about how she will never be loved because some guy she met 2 days ago dumped her for the other 20 women he was also dating.

The cocktail parties are usually just one women grabbing him every chance she gets while the others sit around and complain about it. I could do without the cocktail parties all together.

• Love 3

I also enjoy having a "traditional" episode where we have the rose ceremony at the end.  Anything else just makes the episodes blend together more so than it already does.  

While the cocktail parties are pretty blah and I don't care that much about them I guess my point was the lead is always stressing "I haven't had much time to connect" and they seem to be skipping over a huge chunk of time that they could be spending time with some of them that pique his interests.  

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

"I haven't had much time to connect" and they seem to be skipping over a huge chunk of time that they could be spending time with some of them that pique his interests.  

Yeah, but if they get that time they'll have to come up with another excuse to cut the ones they don't want. HAHAHAAH I don't actually mind the parties, just if I had to choose I'd choose rose ceremony at the end of the ep ever getting a CP.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, kira28 said:

It bugs me when there is no Cocktail Party. Do they get to hang out with him after? It just seems like a waste. Maybe he knows what he is going to do but why take time away from the others there? 

I wondered that too! Even if he knows, who he wants to send home, the women dont get to spend much time with him as it is so why wouldn't he want to see them whenever time allows? They got all dressed up spent time doing hair and makeup and he cancels the party and they just go back to their rooms after the rose ceremony.. That seems disrespectful and like he doesn't care to hang out with them. 

But what would have been the point of going through with the cocktail party?  As the other women noted when Krystal made her move before he'd even handed out the first rose, Arie had made it clear that he had already decided who was going home, so doing the speed-dating round at the cocktail party would have been a waste of everyone's time because despite what Krystal thinks, nothing the women could have said or done would have changed Arie's mind. That's why the women were especially pissed that Krystal pulled her little stunt at the start of the rose ceremony; she was not only showing disrespect to them, but to Arie as well by blatantly ignoring his express wishes NOT to have any 1-on-1 time with any of them prior to the rose ceremony.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

Couldn't he have utilized the time with women he is interested in then, instead of setting aside a whole night and just going back to doing what......picking out cardigans?   I'm not going to have a heavy debate about it, just wondered if they got to spend time after the rose ceremony with him since he kept people around who he was still interested in.  They seem intent on having time to let a real relationship develop.  Just thinking of how they are using it, that's all. 

• Love 3

The things is, 22 isn't too young to get married. People get married at 22 all the time and make a go of it. I think the issue is that, a lot of changes happen to you in your 20's. It's when you grow and figure out who you are as an adult and how you're going to make your way in the world. You can certainly do this while married to someone WHO IS ALSO GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. The issue I see with Bekkah and Arie is that Arie isn't feeling it all out anymore. He's ready to settle down with someone who's done with that phase too. If Bekkah is ready to get married, she's not ready to marry Arie. She needs to marry a guy who is 25 or younger and wants to go rock climbing on the weekends, dancing in clubs, traveling around, seizing the day, etc. Arie wants someone who is fun to be around and who he enjoys talking to, but he doesn't seem to want to be out galavanting around taking advantage of his youth. 

My point is, Bekkah might be ready for marriage at 22, if she meets and falls in love with the right person for her, but it's not Arie. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, sioux21 said:

The things is, 22 isn't too young to get married. People get married at 22 all the time and make a go of it. I think the issue is that, a lot of changes happen to you in your 20's. It's when you grow and figure out who you are as an adult and how you're going to make your way in the world. You can certainly do this while married to someone WHO IS ALSO GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. The issue I see with Bekkah and Arie is that Arie isn't feeling it all out anymore. He's ready to settle down with someone who's done with that phase too. If Bekkah is ready to get married, she's not ready to marry Arie. She needs to marry a guy who is 25 or younger and wants to go rock climbing on the weekends, dancing in clubs, traveling around, seizing the day, etc. Arie wants someone who is fun to be around and who he enjoys talking to, but he doesn't seem to want to be out galavanting around taking advantage of his youth. 

My point is, Bekkah might be ready for marriage at 22, if she meets and falls in love with the right person for her, but it's not Arie. 

I highlighted one sentence.  Exactly!  The example she gave Arie of someone she knew who got married young, also married someone who was young.  They could go through their adventures and grow up together.  Some women at 22 might be homebodies and appropriate for Arie, or at least the Arie he is portraying, but not her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

But what would have been the point of going through with the cocktail party? 

To get to spend extra time with the women to see who he has stronger connections with.  It wouldn't help him for that night since he knew who he was giving roses to, but it could help him for the future to spend as much time with them as possible.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

To get to spend extra time with the women to see who he has stronger connections with.  It wouldn't help him for that night since he knew who he was giving roses to, but it could help him for the future to spend as much time with them as possible.

People are debating this issue as if ABC genuinely cares about Arie or any of these women and trying to find his wife. ABC wants entertainment, which they think comes in the form of shaking things up. As soon as the women feel comfortable with what's happening, ABC wants to change the situation so they'll all freak out and act insane. I'm sure Arie was told by production there'll be no cocktail party, he is a puppet in this show. I'm sure Arie would have requested a cocktail hour if he could, just as I imagine if ABC told him there wouldn't be cocktail parties the prior weeks Arie would have agreed to it and made his decisions based on the info he already had. This decision had nothing to do with Arie. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

I'm sure Arie would have requested a cocktail hour if he could

My post, of course, only holds water if Arie is there for the right reasons. Since it's probably safe to assume he's not, he'd probably request the cocktail hour for the free booze :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Since it's probably safe to assume he's not, he'd probably request the cocktail hour for the free booze :)

And the making out. I mean, if there is no cocktail party what is he going to do with his tongue? Keep it in his mouth? THE HORROR!!!!!

I do think that Arie might not have wanted the party because he didn't want to have to face the women he was cutting. He's terrible at faking it and probably just wanted to avoid the drama and get back to making out with the ones he likes rather than being needlessly interrupted by some chick he's going to dump in a few hours.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, sistersledge said:

Since the “cancel the cocktail party” thing happens every season, I’m sure it has to do with the production schedule and not having the time to hang out for hours before flying the lead to the next place...

I think you’re onto something. Plus, airline tickets need to be booked in advance and are nontransferrable, so they might need to “lock in” the ladies with airline tickets and can’t run the risk of Arie changing his mind or some (drunken) wildcard event that would be otherwise warrant a dismissal. I mean, I get in the later episodes they’re flying all over the place, so if they can do it then, what’s the problem now? But I think when there are SO MANY left, it could be anyone goes, and when it’s the top handful, well, yeah, he already knows who it will be. So I guess my point is the cocktail party is actually MORE important the more girls are there, but if they’re starting to travel earlier than usual, then you can’t have the Bachelor Travel Agent booking last-minute flights at sunrise for 20 contestants plus crew. Though, maybe with this many they charter a flight? Oh, and I forgot that they actually flew to Tahoe before this episode—though maybe it was a 7 hour bus trip?  Definitely overthinking this one, lol.

Eh, let’s just put my vote down for seeing LESS of the cocktail parties but not totally eliminating, please. This is when the producers get the best drunken, insecure, bickering footage between the girls, but it usually just is too much of the episode. Just give us the highlights—and by “highlights” I really mean lowlights because I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons.

• Love 2

I think maybe he spent more time than usual with the women on the group date, and he already knew who was going to cut. After last week with whoever it was trying to force him to kiss her, he may have wanted to avoid a repeat. He also probably wanted to avoid Krystal coming up to him every two minutes, but he still had to put up with her at the rose ceremony. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

He also probably wanted to avoid Krystal coming up to him every two minutes

Then maybe he should have cut her...assuming the decision for her to stay is actually Arie's.

7 hours ago, sioux21 said:

Well said! Also it seems like that is the story Arie keeps putting out there, that he's SO old and wants to just settle down and wake up with the sunrise every day, but based on the way he recites those lines as if they're written, and the stories and rumors people have brought up about his life between seasons, it doesn't seem like he's truly locked into the "boring old real estate guy" life. I don't know though. I'm rooting for Bekkah in a sense because I like her and what she's brought to the show so far, but I also don't want her to end up with Arie because I don't think he seems fun or interesting whatsoever haha. 

Krystal totally studied Emily before the show.  She has the same demure practiced persona with him. 

Arie has a pattern of not settling down , going from one woman to the next.  I was spoiled by reality Steve so I will leave it at that. 

And I like Becka or however she spells it.  Totally there for her own reasons and she owns it. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 2