Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

With no gold medals the last time I checked for the Russian* team I'm sure they will ensure one of the ladies will get the OGM.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

They were already guaranteed that.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

With no gold medals the last time I checked for the Russian* team I'm sure they will ensure one of the ladies will get the OGM.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

After their gold-free performances I'm expecting a tie in the ladies event now.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sweeks said:

I'm glad that P/C had a good skate tonight after yesterday's mishap, but I don't think they warrant all of the gushing they are getting from Tanith. Am I missing something?

Commentators are always over the top.  But hey, I enjoyed that more than the Shibutanis.

Just now, Dots And Stripes said:

Tanith has been pretty consistent with praising the skating skills of P/C. It's interesting because that goes against the consensus here.

I think they are good, but I'm not convinced they are as great as the commentators say they are. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

After their gold-free performances I'm expecting a tie in the ladies event now.

Oh definitely considering they're 1 for 4 in medalling in figure skating, they'll likely go 1-2 barring disaster in which they'll go 1-3 *eyeroll*

3 minutes ago, twoods said:

Their lifts are very nice, and definitely more complicated than the Shibs. Didn’t enjoy it as much but still lovely.

Are they? Not trying to be glib, I really don't know. They have one lift where he glides spread eagle while she kneels on his thighs and twirls her hands. That seems much easier than the lifts everyone else is doing. 

• Love 2