Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Lights Out!

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, wallofsound said:

I assumed the Teddy jogging in the canyon scene was edited to purposely make her look bad.    She was talking ahead of time about family time and being active and then they go on this hike and the kids don’t even move a muscle!   It was all about her and her work out.    And that line about wanting her kids to have a joking banter about their parents’ love ...  I’ve never heard such a clunky, overly thought out, just bizarre sentence in my entire life.  I understand her point, but there is no need to be that deliberate about it.   It seems like Teddy is her number one focus, then comes her and Edwin’s Love and then the kids.   Stuff them in a stroller and let them pass out.   She asked them at the end if they had fun .... uh, I doubt it.   

What was really hilarious to me was how she complains about her kids with tablets.  As if being in a stroller while her mom feels the need to compete with dad is some upgrade over kids sitting around using their tablets.  I guess they got fresh air?  

• Love 8

I have been the totally insecure woman who drank way too much to assuage social interactions with people I knew had their lives more together than me.

Yeah but Dorit is an idiot even when she is sober.

The thing for me is that I don't think that Dorit had a lot of confrontation last season about her parenting. Not from the gals on the show. She had Rinna making the comment about her and PK doing coke at her party, but that was mainly met with shock by the others, and Rinna was condemned for her statement.  I don't remember the others making a big thing about her parenting. Was she judged by the public? She was. But Camille was judged horribly for her parenting by fans. LVP has been called out for literally loving one child to the moon and back, and the other - not so much. Yolanda was talked about in the press all the time for favoring Gigi, and some took to calling Bella "the other one" because it seemed as though Yolanda didn't care as much for her. Yolanda was also judged for the eating stuff with the girls, and for what appeared to some to be her passionate desire to make them modeling superstars at the expense of a good college education. Certainly Erika has been demonized constantly for the way she mothered - or didn't mother - her son. Many people have had plenty to say about Rinna as a parent. But I just don't remember Dorit having to do more than most on the show to prove that she loved her kids because of judgments from the other gals. 

Exactly.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

What was really hilarious to me was how she complains about her kids with tablets.  As if being in a stroller while her mom feels the need to compete with dad is some upgrade over kids sitting around using their tablets.  I guess they got fresh air?  

And time to think. 

• Love 11
On January 9, 2018 at 9:45 PM, chick binewski said:

Did anyone notice a difference since Kyle got dressed in the dark tonight? Anyone?

Her white pants had creases all over her thighs because they were unflatteringly tight. They just looked awful, especially next to Camille's White Pant Perfection. Stupid, hopeless Kyle. She never learns. 

• Love 3
On January 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM, Fiero425 said:

I used to feel sorry for Dorit; esp. concerning Lisa, but now she's turned me off so much, they can bash her and PK until they cry! I'm really beginning to hate her! B!tchin' at Kyle's would have made me throw her arse out if I were hosting! ;-)

Agree totally! I sided with her last season, thought she was unfairly treated, but now I'm over her. She seems to have gotten a swollen ego and she's not that smart to be talking so much. SHADDAP Dorit! Plus, she has a mean streak bubbling up...

• Love 11
On January 9, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Martinigirl said:

Classy! Let's call Camille a C U next tuesday because she had a hysterectomy. Diggusting!

I actually don't think that's why Dorit called Camille that...I think Dorit was attempting to mimick Kyle when she yelled "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!" In season 1, but was too drunk to get the line correctly. I thought it was disgusting that they joked about making Camille the Godfather of their next baby after Camille revealed that she had a hysterectomy. That was ugly and crossed a line. They are stupid, thoughtless mean people.

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, Higgins said:

And time to think. 

Yes, an to be out and about with their parents. I tried to make my kids believe a trip to the grocery store, where they were strapped into a shopping cart, was a fun family outing. 

• Love 8
On January 9, 2018 at 11:39 PM, gundysgirl said:

I won't comment about the looks of the Hamlin girls because I just don't do that, but I agree that the Hadid gals have something special indeed. 

I actually don't think Rinna is delusional at all. I just think she is a mother. She no doubt believes her daughters are the most beautiful creatures on the planet. I was really, really surprised to hear that she was completely honest about the fact that her daughters have opportunities that others would not because they have a famous name. 

I actually credit Rinna with her attitude towards hard work. The pic of her at 19 had her looking like a drowned rat, but she worked hard and persevered and actually made somewhat of a name for herself in a tough town. I think her attitude towards her kids is a good one, you are blessed with an opportunity because of who your parents are, but you have to do all the hard work to take off from there. I think Rinna also claimed to never turn down anything. She really is a hustler, I'll give her that.

• Love 13

That was a sad little cluster of "paparazzi" at the airport. I think there were 4. And they were half-hearted. They were probably tricked into showing up to see some "hot, new American celebrity!" Or just hang out there all day and saw a bravo camera crew following, so they snapped some pics just in case. Lol 

• Love 4
On January 10, 2018 at 3:37 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

So when Rinna commented on Erika's boots and Erika replied "Old school Gucci" and also pointed out that her dress was McQueen was it as gauche as when Camille asked Kyle if her dumb shoes were Stella and Kyle replied "Prada"?  I'm not seeing 3 pages of outrage over it, but there's always tomorrow.

Actually, thanks for pointing that out! I can't stand when any of them do that! I find it tacky. They're both bragging about how costly their schmatta is, and absolving themselves of any poor fashion taste blame because since Prada made it, well it must be good, and if you don't like it, you don't understand high fashion. 

I know I didn't 'outrage over it' this time because frankly, I didn't hear it! I heard Erika warble SOMETHING, and even rewound to get another listen, but she swallows (tee-hee!) her words so much, I just gave up, thinking it's not important anyway. It never is. ;)

• Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 11:11 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

Whoa, I totally missed that had to go back and watch. Good lord Dorit!

They are all unintentionally telling on themselves this season. Dorit claimed she had a glam squad like ErikaJayne, but if she actually did, she wouldn't need more than a moment's notice to do Lisa's photo shoot--no? Hmm..

I'd be a very happy woman never to see the Hamlin girls again. They are the worst of millennial stereotypes. 

The lunch at Lisa's was great and I'd much prefer those and dinner parties to this weird live-action anime I'm being forced to watch. Did that child say "give head" in front of her mother?  

200w_d (1).gif

I figure if Dorit really wanted to look her best as she says, she wouldn't have been wearing that "I just got out of the pool and didn't have time to comb through my hair" look she's been sporting all season. She was so rude to that makeup artist it was ridiculous, as well as to just about everyone else during the entire show.

I suppose we shouldn't be too shocked at what the daughter said in front of the mother once we learned the mother wrote all this in a book for anyone to read. Rinna continues to shock me.

Teddi's frequent expression that said, "What sort of people have I gotten myself in with?" was pretty endearing to me, although I have to wonder why she wouldn't have been  familiar enough with the show to know how they roll.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Actually, thanks for pointing that out! I can't stand when any of them do that! I find it tacky. They're both bragging about how costly their schmatta is, and absolving themselves of any poor fashion taste blame because since Prada made it, well it must be good, and if you don't like it, you don't understand high fashion. 

I know I didn't 'outrage over it' this time because frankly, I didn't hear it! I heard Erika warble SOMETHING, and even rewound to get another listen, but she swallows (tee-hee!) her words so much, I just gave up, thinking it's not important anyway. It never is. ;)

For some reason, it doesn't bother me when they do this. I think they all like to tell who the designer is with whatever they are wearing. They are talking to other people of similar economic status. People who have the ability to buy similar stuff, so it doesn't come off like typical bragging to me. Now, if they did it at a homeless shelter that would be an entirely different story. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

For some reason, it doesn't bother me when they do this. I think they all like to tell who the designer is with whatever they are wearing. They are talking to other people of similar economic status. People who have the ability to buy similar stuff, so it doesn't come off like typical bragging to me. Now, if they did it at a homeless shelter that would be an entirely different story. 

I get it, totally, and they ARE performing for the cameras, and probably getting some sort of kick back for the mention - it's like a mini national promo...I would just prefer a quick chyron at the bottom with the name and a price like they used to do, it just seems like they are bragging and justifying at the same time, which is something I detest... 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I have been the totally insecure woman who drank way too much to assuage social interactions with people I knew had their lives more together than me.  <snip>

So, I get that her behavior was the most dramatic stuff the editors could come up with for this episode, but I feel sorry for her more than hatred or even a mild dislike. 

I hear you!  I was also that loud insecure drinker for decades (finally quit 11 years ago on New Year's Day) and I just can't hate Dorit (yet anyway haa) there is something endearing about her, like you can see in her eyes she's not really 'together' (and who really is??) but will act her ass off to prove otherwise.   And bonus, I love how she bugged the shit out of Erika.

11 hours ago, Aim123 said:

I agree with this. I think this is the new thing girls with eating disorders do. Watch someone else eat, because they "can't."

It absolutely is.  When I was anorexic many moons ago (yikes almost 40) I surrounded myself with food, cooked delicious stuff for my siblings so I could have them eat instead of me.  

• Love 9

That little tidbit about the non-hadid kids watching someone on YouTube eat was weird and creepy. Those 2 also made comments about "chub-chubs" in the past. Something's off with them. They also couldn't / wouldn't give a reason as to why they are so "obsessed" with the pizza-eater eating a whole pizza. One of the non-hadids mumbled something about the you tuber 'not caring about what she eats'. Weird. Whole thing.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Please, Bravo, stop trying to make the Rinat/Hamlin girls happen.  They are average looking and petulant...disasters waiting to happen.

I agree with what you said.  As far as Rinna goes, I don't think Rinna seriously thinks her girls will go to Kardashian/Hadid level if anything she is mocking it a little. She is rolling with a fun opportunity they were given which is in part due to having famous parents. I know a kid well who pleads desperately for a You Tube channel. I feel like this is the girls equivalent of their You Tube channel it's what the kids want and Lisa, always a hustler which I respect is going with it but  not for an end game of  a Kardashian/Hadid level. Like I said I might be wrong but I hope I am right.  It is a lark and something they want and she can provide/support. Kids want media fame more than to be gifted those big sweet 16 parties from MTV 10-15 years ago. You want to give your kids more than what you had and that's what they and many kids want.  I mean she has to be mocking the Kardashian mom w/that outfit in her TH right? She has a CORDED landline in her breakfast nook and her BJ talk is pretty candid for trying to craft an image . I think Rinna is kooky and needs to eat but I find her entertaining and true to her 1 block from the trailer park growing up roots. I think it's a non serious spin off of the fame game. 

• Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, Martinigirl said:

Classy! Let's call Camille a C U next tuesday because she had a hysterectomy. Diggusting!

I couldn't tell, but it just sounded like Dorit was drunk and joking around...and the joke did *not* land at all.  I think I've done the same thing when I was drunk (I haven't actually been *that drunk* in decades....I do try to conduct myself somewhat appropriately!) like, "come here, bitch!" or something & then gotten a dead stare & an, "excuse me, why did you just call me a bitch?"

oopsie!!!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree with what you said.  As far as Rinna goes, I don't think Rinna seriously thinks her girls will go to Kardashian/Hadid level if anything she is mocking it a little. She is rolling with a fun opportunity they were given which is in part due to having famous parents. I know a kid well who pleads desperately for a You Tube channel. I feel like this is the girls equivalent of their You Tube channel it's what the kids want and Lisa, always a hustler which I respect is going with it but  not for an end game of  a Kardashian/Hadid level. Like I said I might be wrong but I hope I am right.  It is a lark and something they want and she can provide/support. Kids want media fame more than to be gifted those big sweet 16 parties from MTV 10-15 years ago. You want to give your kids more than what you had and that's what they and many kids want.  I mean she has to be mocking the Kardashian mom w/that outfit in her TH right? She has a CORDED landline in her breakfast nook and her BJ talk is pretty candid for trying to craft an image . I think Rinna is kooky and needs to eat but I find her entertaining and true to her 1 block from the trailer park growing up roots. I think it's a non serious spin off of the fame game. 

There really are no longer any "Super Models". The soup du jour is the InstaModel. Girls with somewhat famous parents bring their Social Media following up which brings in "gigs". I think Lisa Rinna the Hustler is taking the opportunity of this show to help her kids get some coins. I'm sure she'd do another "spin-off" with any cable network to showcase their family on a Reality Show. The daughters will never make Kardashian money but they can still make money.

There are all kinds of gigs out there that they can land. Rumor Willis who is fugly and only famous because of her parents got the DWTS gig. So did a YouTube Vlogger who had a million followers landed a spot on the same show. Another person who had a million followers on Instagram landed a gig on a reality show and has done very well for herself financially.

Rinna is smart to use RHOBH as a platform to promote any business ventures.

I also find Rinna entertaining. She cracks me up.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Wouldn't having the price posted be even more bragging?

The Armenian bitch on RHOC would just parade her shit out and tell you how much it cost. lol!

Rinna doesn't know when to shut up, but I like her way more than Dorit...and PK.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think Glenn was on his sweaty last nerve, trying to pull together a party with no power and high temps. It was hilarious the way he sassed Kyle and she was smart enough to let it go.

Also, how were they cooking if the power was out? My ancient gas appliances would run on gas only, which was great during power outages, but every gas appliance I've bought in the past 10 years requires an electric ignition to operate. Does Kyle have ancient appliances that don't need electricity?

Why isn't Lisa R. going everywhere with her girls while they are on location? Or flying somewhere? Isn't one of them underage? I think the girls and their handlers are shooing Lisa away, and she should insist on being with them. Kids that age don't know how to resist the creeps (predators, drugs, alcohol) and inappropriate pressure from the agency and its clients (don't eat, don't get enough sleep, forget about school work).

Someone has probably already addressed this, as I haven't read ahead yet, but ... I am able to use my gas stove/oven when power is out by using a match to ignite the gas.

• Love 7

I'm liking Dorit less and less. She's a terrible host and miserable, whiny guest. It's one thing to give a little humored ribbing to Kyle about the state of her party, but to complain, and point out the obvious numerous times is ugly and in poor taste and shows her thirst for superiority, which has the opposite affect. I actually like un-perfect parties and people who are un-afraid to be flawed. Dorit is a poser.

pos·er1

ˈpōzər/

noun

noun: poser; plural noun: posers

a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.

synonyms:exhibitionist, poseur, posturer, fake; 

informalshow-off

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Thank you KFB.  That is hilarious.  Dorit really can't say anything cause of her complaining about make-up.  Solution: Cut her face out!

You're welcome Ofdgal

There is one photo where she is wearing a pleather top - it's an absolutely horrible fit - the look was inspired when Dorit noticed a car driving with a flat tire

• Love 10
On January 10, 2018 at 11:50 AM, film noire said:

He's intriguing to me. He completely defies the idea that Beverly Hills is only about surfaces  - he dresses like an adolescent boy, but then turns out these swank-but-never sterile parties (which require discipline, attention to detail, and a sense of graciousness) so even though he looks like his only obsession would be collecting comic books or old Gameboys, inside he's ready to run Downton. I doubt there are many like him in that town.

She did -- when PK is the class act in that marriage, we are officially standing at the mouth of Hell. 

I agree! It's like the fashion designers on project runway that certainly don't look like models, but are creating beautiful clothes, I guess they are too busy working on their creations to have any time left to sit in a chair for hours on end while a crew styles them up. I think it's odd to think that only beautiful people can make beautiful things. Lol. Usually, the opposite is true. ;)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, princelina said:

I think even John Davidson was popular in Japan :)

Which explains the outfit, right?  ;)

LOL, this comment wins best post of the thread! 

ETA: And the reason being, because I haven't heard him mentioned for decades. He used to be on everything back in the day; he was legendary 70's TV.

Edited by msblossom
...because John Davidson, hello
  • Love 6

https://www.trashtalktv.com/01/11/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-the-one-where-dorit-acts-a-fool/420904/

LVP says that she was thinking of asking Dorit to be the model- because “she has beautiful hands and beautiful décolletage…”  HOLD THE PHONE.  Rewind.  WHAT??!?!  Dorit has nice décolletage?

DORIT-DECOLLETAG.png

Perhaps we need to revisit the definition of “Nice”

F*cking PK has nicer décolletage.  Dorit’s décolletage looks like it belongs in a rock quarry

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 14
On 1/9/2018 at 8:24 PM, princelina said:

I think even John Davidson was popular in Japan :)

Which explains the outfit, right?  ;)

BURN!  HA!  

I may be party of one but I kinda like how Erika dresses in all its weirdness.  I would never wear it and think it is super costume-y but I think it is interesting to see what those guys put her in.  I love looking at how her make up is done as well as her hair.  It certainly isn't normal everyday wear and is really out there.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

Well it was fun and they were taking it all in and learning.

I guess I'm out of touch with the times if spending time outside being active with your kids accompanying you in a stroller has become bad parenting. Hmmm....

I agree.  I know all kinds of people who take their kids out jogging.  It's better than letting them sit in front of the tv or tablet.  Who knows - they very well could've run to the top of the trail or whatever, got the kids out of the stroller and walked around a bit before going back down.  

4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I actually credit Rinna with her attitude towards hard work. The pic of her at 19 had her looking like a drowned rat, but she worked hard and persevered and actually made somewhat of a name for herself in a tough town. I think her attitude towards her kids is a good one, you are blessed with an opportunity because of who your parents are, but you have to do all the hard work to take off from there. I think Rinna also claimed to never turn down anything. She really is a hustler, I'll give her that.

I honestly think they're both pretty in a girl-next-door kind of way.  They'll likely have minor success and that's it.  I don't care that we have to sit through seeing them - they don't bother me all that much.  I mean, we had to sit through Yo's pimping of Gigi and NotGigi and neither of them are anything special. 

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Wouldn't having the price posted be even more bragging?

Remember when they used to post the cost of stuff in the early seasons of OC? 

So...Kyle went through all this renovation to end up selling the house anyway?  Wasn't it a new home in Encino that was robbed recently? 

Edited by beaker73
spelling
  • Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 8:47 PM, Fiero425 said:

Sorry, but I never would have hired him for that reason! I know it's quite uncouth of me, but I guess that's the fake side of me! Pretty produces pretty! lol! ;-)

Wellllll.....I don't do dinner parties for the rich and maybe fabulous but it when one is working hard on putting together a party it may be hard to look impeccable.  It was hot, it looked like a lot of set up and no one would wear a nice outfit while doing that.  Now once the guests get there is you are going to be in the mix of things, sure.  You should see what I look like during the set up for a formal event!  Sweaty and in completely comfortable clothes because it is constant running around and regardless of ones title if something needs to be cleaned/moved/set up, I will do it like anyone in the hospitality/entertaining biz.  During the formal event if I am to be seen by anyone I do change my clothes but if I am not in the midst of it, I just slink around as not to be noticed during the event.  His 'look' told me he was working hard and not just the face/idea behind the business.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I feel weird even saying anything about this, but here goes.

(snip only for space)

What a kind, thoughtful post. 

5 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

What would make her be so nasty to her friend LVP at that photo shoot? The friend who got her to this place on the show and has been unwavering in her support of Dorit and PK?

I'm annoyed by Dorit's bullshit because I don't think it's a by-product of insecurity, but her gameplan to become hyper-relevant.  It feels very calculated to me: be the gossiping bitch and all the heat in the room will find you; call the worst name possible and all the cameras will be on you; be the spoiled bratty friend and all the chatter/press/etc will be about you.  (And along the way, play the mom card - as your redemption ace in the hole - by gushing over your child like he's the Infanta of Spain).  I think she's counting on the audience buying into that persona (for or against her) so she can become a flashpoint on the show, an igniting force that will get a room buzzing.  And if all you care about is making money and gaining fame, it's not a bad play. You can walk a fine line and end up redeemed like Camille, while playing permanent third wheel to LVP and Kyle.  Dorit could become the cast member who provides the necessary friction in that relationship, removing any necessity that Kyle & LVP fight directly (something the audience doesn't like at all).  Just feels very fake to me -- a little Brandi here,  a little Camille there - like a faux Prada bag,  she's a knockoff housewife.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

So...Kyle went through all this renovation to end up selling the house anyway?  Wasn't it a new home in Encino that was robbed recently? 

Yes, according to TMZ, "Kyle and her real estate mogul hubby bought the Encino home in October for $8.2 million and were in the middle of renovations. "

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I've already booked a table for 2 on Mykonos...

Add me to the mix.

I was one who did not like Erika in her first season, mainly because I can't stand YawnLemon.

I love her looks - she knows she is putting on a show. Even with the makeup gun set to clown - it's still flawless and there is a thought process to putting on a look.

The sushi meal with Rinna had me laughing.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, beaker73 said:

Rinna is not without her faults for sure, but she seems to be spot on about some things.  I'm one of those who thinks she was 100% correct about Yolanda.  

21 hours ago, mwell345 said:

And she was also right about Kim Richards.

The issue with Rinna isn't that she's WRONG. It's that she's inserting herself where she shouldn't. I used to feel like the only one in my family, or social group, or work environment who would realize someone was a "bad egg" and I would be very vocal about what I perceived to be the problem. I pissed a lot of people off and made things awkward. The truth would come out later, but that never really vindicated me. So I learned to just shut up and let stuff resolve naturally. This is what Rinna needs to do. Bring something up once. Read the room. If it's not landing, drop it and let time sort everything out. It usually does. 

• Love 23

I'm kind of hoping that Kyle pulls a Dorit...in that she says how could you be so loud and say such profanities while my innocent baby was asleep upstairs. (picturing Ronnie Karam's impression) Me Een NO sint...Bae Bae twois a sleep pin

I doubt that she will.

When the BFF Dorit/Kyle comment came up as shade to LVP - I was reminded of the Taylor Kyle get together when they pranced around saying that LVP was all Peanut Butter & Jelly.

• Love 7

When the BFF Dorit/Kyle comment came up as shade to LVP - I was reminded of the Taylor Kyle get together when they pranced around saying that LVP was all Peanut Butter & Jelly.

That was at the reunion too...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I used to work in the planning area of a department store.  I was a late-twenties mom, and my coworkers of the same age all lived at home & had much, much more disposable income.  so they'd always be like, "Louis Vuitton this, Miu Miu that..." 

My favorite was when one of them would be like, "oh Teapot I love your boots!"  and I'd say, "oh yeah?  I got them at PAYLESS!!!"

(you do not need to have a lot of money to dress fashionably.)

• Love 14