Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Lights Out!

• Start Topic

Mikey's assignment was, "Go to all the high-end designer showrooms. Buy anything that they dropped from the line."

Oh, good. Exactly what the world needs, a new jewelry line.

LVP used to make me laugh.

Amelia did not look pretty at the Samantha Thavasa store. It's kind of odd that she is not more attractive, considering her DNA.

Rinna's upper lip was perfectly fine before she eft with it. 

• Love 5

I love that someone so, er, unorthodox-looking

Is that a nicer way of saying overweight?

how long has Dorit known Camille

About a year at least, I'd say. Camille did have a scene last year where Erika, Eileen, and Dorit were invited over for lunch (you just turned 40!).

Taylor Armstrong's role will now be played by Dorit Kemsley.

Does this mean we'll be getting an epic meltdown scene of Dorit screeching at Rinna "Yuw downt knaw whot she's done to meeeee!!!"

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 11

That was revolting behaviour from Dorit during the dinner party. Dorit is trying to act all upper crust British (true toffs can be frightfully vulgar) but can’t pull it off and is coming across like a drunken oaf instead.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 19

It seems Dorit kind of sealed her fate as the villain this year.  What a dope.  Good gravy can she ever stop complaining?  I don't know how Kyle and LVP can stand to be around her.  From Camille's blog:  "I enjoy my time with Kyle and Lisa V, but I’m not so sure about their new best friend."

Dorit has picked an odd time to keep her mouth shut.  She should be tweeting or at least writing a blog. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I'm shocked with a house at that price they don't have a back up generator. I think she was just hiding the construction mess.

I don't know anyone in Southern California that has a back up generator.  We don't have a lot of power outages and definitely not extended ones.  We don't have a lot of extreme weather that would cause outages.  I can think of one big multi-day outage in LA in the last 20 years. 

ETA thinking about it more, I know someone that has a generator at their vacation cabin in Big Bear, but that's kind of a different situation since it is in the mountains and there's snow and it is more remote and not in the city.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 16
56 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't know anyone in Southern California that has a back up generator.  We don't have a lot of power outages and definitely not extended ones.  We don't have a lot of extreme weather that would cause outages.  I can think of one big multi-day outage in LA in the last 20 years. 

ETA thinking about it more, I know someone that has a generator at their vacation cabin in Big Bear, but that's kind of a different situation since it is in the mountains and there's snow and it is more remote and not in the city.

Very true! And a backup generator costs a fortune to install and maintain for something that might be used maybe a handful of times, ever. I worked for a family in BH and they had me look into it when they had a couple outages due to knocked power line. At the end of the day, they can afford to spend a night at the Four Seasons and order takeout. The generator doesn't make sense for them.

But I'm wondering why they kept that in the episode at all. Production obviously had a genny onsite for their needs. I don't know why they didn't throw up a couple courtesy lights and scrap Kyle's C-plot. Dorit alone provided sufficient drama at dinner.

• Love 7

I am not a huge Erika or Rinna fan but I was still shocked that they were moved outside their comfort zone by things like uni when they both claim to love sushi.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

Waiting for news to break Dorit's been admitted to camp pretend for 'exhaustion'. Believe they all know (Kyle was last to learn) she appears high or coming down too often. Say whatcha will about Lisa R, she was the only one brave enough to give it air. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, shadyqueen said:

Side eyed so hard when Dorit was asking Mauricio if he spoke Spanish or English to Teddi's husband. She is such a s***.

This ! She is such a stupid b. I would have responded to to her by asking " which fake accent did you use to greet Kyle?" 

Speaking of greeting Kyle,  the way Dorit sashayed in gave it all away. How high she was. She looked like a drunk streetwalker who just finished a trick and forgot to pull her skirt back down.  She was messy AF arriving to the party. 

• Love 23
7 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Part of me wonders if her beyond gorgeous house and property have "that" smell of urine and feces from SO many animal species?

I think that she and her brood shit only pink roses!  ;)   Seriously though, I'm sure that her staff keeps right on top of that.  After all, we did see LVP herself sweeping up her walkway, so I'm sure the poop is scooped on the property.  I do appreciate LVP's love of animals and how she spoils them.  The little ponies are so darn cute!

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Why plan a party when they're in the middle of renovating the house? What an idiot! ;-)

What I think is that Kyle already had the gathering planned and renovations were supposed to be finished by the time of the gathering.

9 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Maurice shhhhh-ing Dorit to protect Camille tells me Pk and Dorit have no $$$$. Maurice  knows which side of his bread is buttered.

I think Maurice was trying to protect Dorit from herself.

• Love 23

The little fan club vibe with Erika and Rinna’s spawn seriously made me want to throw up. Erika and Rinna are two peas in a pod~ fake, vain, and superficial. 

I loved Kyle’s obese , sweaty party planner making fun of her for wondering if she should cancel her party. 

When Dorit was being obnoxious Maurice put his finger up to his mouth and shussshed her! Wonder if PK noticed, because he was head down, double fisted pigging out. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Dorit is so insecure she can’t function without her own glam squad at all times - to powder her nose and prop up her ego.

Dorit and Erika's names are interchangeable in the above.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I was happy to see Glenn again.  I would take him over LVP’s (who I love) party planner any day.  Glenn and Kyle seem to have a very good understanding about how Kyle likes things.  Good for Kyle for sticking with him after all these years.  

Oh, I so agree. I cannot stand that Kevin Lee, or whatever his name is. Glenn seems like a pretty down-to-earth guy, but he puts on a nice party. 

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

This ! She is such a stupid b. I would have responded to to her by asking " which fake accent did you use to greet Kyle?" 

Bahahahaha, RIGHT? She is the last person to be questioning others about accents, dialects, languages, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

What I think is that Kyle already had the gathering planned and renovations were supposed to be finished by the time of the gathering.

Yea, agreed. Or at leas that the floor phase would be done when they got back from Croatia. That's construction, though. It almost ALWAYS takes longer than they tell you. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

And, again, we had to hear Erika announce the designer label of her clothes.  It's tiresome - we know all these ladies wear mostly high end labels/designers - enough already!!  

But, as soon as Erika and Rinna walked into that restaurant/home, I knew Erika was going to have to remove her shoes/boots.  I loved that!  I think that Erika wears everything designer, and she does it as a confirmation that she is rich and can afford it.  She wears her designer garments/shoes like an armor as protection against where she came from/what she was.  Having to remove her Gucci boots removed a bit of that armor.

I laughed when she took of her boots and had low black socks on, albeit, probably designer socks. It looked so funny with her ridiculous outfit!

• Love 22

The Rinna girls have the cute but average look of high school girls.  I can see them being used for campaigns aimed at the young pre-teen market to schill goods for the buy this to be in the popular group market.

The Hadid girls are a blank canvas with just enough of a European boredom look to pull off the high end modeling.  I did see however on the Wendy Williams show a comparison photo and it looks like the Hadid girls acquired the sharp cheekbones and sculpted noses from plastic surgery.  The photo comparison was very interesting.

• Love 17

I am still trying to figure out how the conversation at Kyle's dinner got so turned around to Dorit calling Camille a c*nt.  I know there was some conversation about having more children, and Camille said to Mauricio that wasn't in the cards because she no longer has a uterus.  I think Dorit made another comment, and Camille said something about not having a penis and testicles, either.  Then, Dorit babbled about starting a line of strap-ons, using Camille's name on the product, and the next thing we see is Dorit, over-dramatically saying "Camille, you're a bleeping c*nt".  

I'm totally NOT excusing Dorit's horrible behavior, but it seems, to me, like there are bits of that conversation that are missing.  Or, Dorit is just a rude, classless drunky drunk.  (Maybe I should go with the latter assessment!)

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Then immediately started complaining about Kyle's dog. Bitch, don't ever complain about Kyle's dogs! How dare! 

Exactly. I didn't like Dorit before, but bitch needs to STFU about Kyle's dogs. They are everything. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Foster is well past it! His new squeeze must be more impressed by his bankroll!

He is dating Kat McPhee. She's singer and actress. 

Yolanda's daughters Gigi and Bella aren't the most smartest or articulate models around 

anigif_sub-buzz-18292-1507376557-2.gif

But they do have more charisma and photograph more strikingly than Rinnas daughters. She shouldn't invite comparison. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I am still trying to figure out how the conversation at Kyle's dinner got so turned around to Dorit calling Camille a c*nt.  I know there was some conversation about having more children, and Camille said to Mauricio that wasn't in the cards because she no longer has a uterus.  I think Dorit made another comment, and Camille said something about not having a penis and testicles, either.  Then, Dorit babbled about starting a line of strap-ons, using Camille's name on the product, and the next thing we see is Dorit, over-dramatically saying "Camille, you're a bleeping c*nt".  

I'm totally NOT excusing Dorit's horrible behavior, but it seems, to me, like there are bits of that conversation that are missing.  Or, Dorit is just a rude, classless drunky drunk.  (Maybe I should go with the latter assessment!)

I get what you are saying. It seemed edited or something. Couple of thoughts crossed my mind 1) Dorit is now besties with Kyle, so perhaps she's heard about some business disappointments and Mauricio was afraid she'd blurt that out. In this way, drunken Dorit would be "sticking up" for her friends by showing contempt for someone she perceives as having mistreated them (but bad way to do it, no argument from me on that).

And, as you point out Njbchlover, the whole scene seemed a little chopped up. It does seem like there could have been a bunch of stuff said that we didn't see. So I call some editing shenanigans. I think Dorit, for whatever reason, is this show's Alexis, and isn't well liked by Andy Cohen, and that's reflected in what we see on the shows. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Then immediately started complaining about Kyle's dog. Bitch, don't ever complain about Kyle's dogs! How dare! 

What did she say about the dogs??? I either missed it, or couldn't understand Dorito. 

20 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Speaking of Mauricio. I just love him. I don't think he was trying to protect Camille at all. As others have mentioned, he doesn't have a business relationship with Camille any longer. I think he was trying to protect Dorit from making a bigger fool of herself, or starting more drama and turning the entire evening into a shit show.  It was completely refreshing to me to see someone who didn't seem to want for the drama to escalate. I get PK wanting her to STFU because they are married and he would want to protect her, but it was nice to me that Mauricio very subtly tried to stop the insanity. 

Agree with all of this. Mauricio is very low drama. Always has been. I think he was just trying to prevent things from escalating. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

This is a weird left out part:   He had just finished meeting the group when Dorit starts with the outrageous and inappropriate comments. Why would PK and Dorit ask me to be the godfather if they were to have another child. Bizarre request even if it was a joke.  From Camille's blog.

There is no excuse for Dorit's behavior and finally we have the host stepping up in Mauricio with the sshhh gesture.

I believe Dorit called her a stupid c$nt.

I really didn't take much stock in Dorit's claim she is a perfectionist and over readies everything but the scenes at the magazine shoot and then her continuing monologue about all that is wrong with the party convinced me she is in overdrive when it comes to her appearance.  I would like to suggest to Dorit she stop wearing head ornaments with every outfit.   audriana.jpg

I really wanted LVP to pull Dorit's headscarf over her mouth-sometimes a dinner napkin is not enough.

I understood why the power going/unfinished remodeling out wasn't cause for cancelling.  They had a full crew, caterer, 10 or so cast members and their spouses/guests and a situation that only affected Kyle's home.  It is probably not an easy task to get the entire cast together for an event.   It looked to like they started filming in the late afternoon and had several hours of daylight still in August.  I do believe production is giving Dorit a little payback for most likely onerous demands and tardiness.  

• Love 17
10 hours ago, BBHN said:

About a year at least, I'd say. Camille did have a scene last year where Erika, Eileen, and Dorit were invited over for lunch (you just turned 40!).

nope read Camille's blog she only met her twice and they weren't close at all

• Love 3

They have edited the dinner conversations horribly this year.

As with any HWs dinner or lunch scene, always be on the look out for what is on their plates, how much liquid is in the glasses, who is sitting next to whom, is there someone in the background, etc. And see if anything changes and/or reappears from scene to scene...

nope read Camille's blog she only met her twice and they weren't close at all

Nope I wasn't referencing how well they knew each other, just how long they knew each other.

• Love 7