Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Lights Out!

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Kyle should have asked Dorit if she was having a hot flash

WE've had one outage in 20 years and my neighbor (house no where near the price of Kyle's) has a whole house generator.  Not to mention, for the HW's the cost is chump change

Yeah, but where do you live?  It just isn't something people really do around LA, or most of SoCal.  We also don't have basements.  We don't worry about our pipes freezing.  We don't have to get furnace fuel delivered (not even sure what situation is, but I've heard people in NY talking about it).  We generally don't have sump pumps.  There's all kinds of cold weather and wet weather car stuff we don't deal with either.  But we have to anchor tall furniture to the walls and worry about our chimneys falling over and other earthquake nonsense and have to use horrible low flow water fixtures and can only water our yards on specific days of the week.  

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

http://www.bhlmagazine.com/category/luxury-life/

Go to luxury now and click on the LVP jewelry collection. Dorit's sweaty coke face is cropped out of all of them

If you go through the article and click the link for the jewelry site it is a GoDaddy parking page.  Ooops.

• Love 7

Go to luxury now and click on the LVP jewelry collection. Dorit's sweaty coke face is cropped out of all of them

It is hilarious that LVP was talking about how nice Dorito's breasts are, and then in the only picture in the magazine where they are showing they are droopy and flat as pancakes. Do you suppose LVP was getting back at Dorito for all the complaining she was doing? Crop her face and print the worst possible picture of her breasts?  I was distracted from the jewelry by what a terrible picture it was. Lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6

You're welcome Ofdgal

There is one photo where she is wearing a pleather top - it's an absolutely horrible fit - the look was inspired when Dorit noticed a car driving with a flat tire

I think her glam teams hates her too. Obvious with what she has been wearing this season. WTF was that outfit at Kyles? LOL!!!!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I actually don't think that's why Dorit called Camille that...I think Dorit was attempting to mimick Kyle when she yelled "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!" In season 1, but was too drunk to get the line correctly. 

I did not even make that connection, but I think you're onto something there, Vedapierce.  They even showed a clip of that ("You're such a fucking liar, Camille!") in this episode, if I am not mistaken.  Nice catch!  Either way, Dorit was annoying and a mess for the entire duration of the evening/episode.  I, for one, was cringing from the moment she walked in, wearing her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles headpiece.

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Thank you, Kungfubunny!  I had earlier done a Google search to try to find these pics, and I was going to ask if anyone had a link.

Another cringeworthy moment for me was when Rinner said she that she often asks herself "What would Kris Jenner do?"  That woman is a real piece of work.  Her daughters are so embarrassing, and I must commend Erika for having the restraint to not roll her eyes anytime they spoke.

And--I'm sorry but--these are models?  Looks like 2 average girls that just came from The Limited Too, and the next stop is the movie theatre, to catch the latest adaptation of High School Musical.

Sylvester-Stallone-Harry-Hamlin-Lisa-Rinna.jpg

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yes, the link to the article works fine.  If you read through the article and click the link at the end to go to the jewelry website it is a GoDaddy parking page.

That is too funny. How in the world does one access the website? Is this a new collaboration for LVP with her friend, this year? I see it is labelled a 2017 collection but do not see previous years, just other collections LVP has apparently designed. The text of the article is equally funny. I guess since it is written by LVP's daughter it isn't surprising that some of it is OTT. I rolled my eyes at the claim that the jewelry is "attracting a cult following". Hyperbole, I would imagine. Or maybe you have to be a part of the cult to actually view the jewelry? I will pass, thanks. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

And--I'm sorry but--these are models?  Looks like 2 average girls that just came from The Limited Too, and the next stop is the movie theatre, to catch the latest adaptation of High School Musical.

Sylvester-Stallone-Harry-Hamlin-Lisa-Rinna.jpg

I don't get it either. The blonde (Delilah) MIGHT do okay with the right makeup and styling (it's all wrong in this pic). But I think the other girl's face is too round and her eyes too close together. She's a cute girl on film, but it doesn't really translate well to photos. Neither is exceptional, IMO. 

• Love 6

The new one: doesn't care for Dorit dissing Rinna, really doesn't like that she keeps on doing it. Kay, got that.

But then, she is critical of Dorit in her THs and keeps on talking about how crummy Dorit is (about Rinna) in her THs. I'm not seeing a difference.

Is there some unspoken rule that I am not aware of like it's fine to talk negatively about someone if that negativity is about someone else's negativity? In my world, it's all the same.  

• Love 6

I loved Kyle's "Sorry Mom" about the ashes, and love everything Storm.

Rinna's daughter's commenting on her giving head/ book was disgusting. Rinna thinks this is entertainment?  Allowing this to be aired and laughing about it? She is horrible a horrible human being. HORRIBLE. The lighter haired daughter is awful. The darker haired one doesn't seem so bad to me. Rinna is just as much a poser as Dorit. Every tiny word is scripted. Every syllable rehearsed. The way she looks at the camera is so telling. No other housewife makes direct eye contact with the camera like she does. You see this in Hong Kong when she asks Dorit if people were doing coke in her bathroom.

You can call Dorit and PK posers all you like, They are ALL posers. Every single one of them puts forth what they want the world to believe about them. Every. single. one. No one excepted. 

I actually loved Ericka's pink hair. Everything else, Mikey f'ed up again. I really believe that she would do so much better without him. He is a worse housewife than PK because he is so thirsty and at the same time ruins Ericka's look, which makes me feel bad for her. I feel that she is being duped. I wish that Erika would not try to make her voice sound so "cool" in her THs.  When she is talking with the other women she sounds more normal.

I am imagining that Alison Dubois would have been a fantastic addition to this dinner party by candlelight. 

I used to really like Dorit, now, not so much. Hurts me to say that.

Regarding Teddi, I am undecided so far. I really liked her at first, time will tell.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That is too funny. How in the world does one access the website? Is this a new collaboration for LVP with her friend, this year? I see it is labelled a 2017 collection but do not see previous years, just other collections LVP has apparently designed. The text of the article is equally funny. I guess since it is written by LVP's daughter it isn't surprising that some of it is OTT. I rolled my eyes at the claim that the jewelry is "attracting a cult following". Hyperbole, I would imagine. Or maybe you have to be a part of the cult to actually view the jewelry? I will pass, thanks. 

Lisa has had a jewelry collection on Evine for 3-4 years now, so talking about it now isn't a big deal IMO.

• Love 2

Going to Japan was a smart move on Rinna's part.

Though the girls are not the typical model material - it does not matter.

This is about branding and the market that has a ton of disposable income are the rich tweens attracted to "celebrity"

Rinna is not the first to do this - she is just following the trend and hoping for some biters.

Go on YouTube and google Arnold Schwarzenegger - 10 years ago he did a commercial for a noodle company and made $1 million for a 30 second commercial. He said the company name and put his thumb up.

Paris Hilton made tons of money in the Asian market but screwed herself when she was found with drugs.

Kylie Jenner is not so great looking and is not tall either - but she had a ton of followers because of the reality show and makes a lot of money hocking stuff.

Even Tinsley Mortimer did okay when she was in her early 30's marketing her "bags" in Japan

If either girl lands a job by either landing a commercial or being sponsored by other brands wanting them to re-tweet or Instagram - it can still be lucrative for the family. Right now they have to build their followings on Social Media - with Rinna the Hustler helping them they should do fine. Once they reach a certain number she can brand them individually or as a pair.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It is hilarious that LVP was talking about how nice Dorito's breasts are, and then in the only picture in the magazine where they are showing they are droopy and flat as pancakes. Do you suppose LVP was getting back at Dorito for all the complaining she was doing? Crop her face and print the worst possible picture of her breasts?  I was distracted from the jewelry by what a terrible picture it was. Lol. 

Out of that whole shoot, that’s all they used?! Yes, I think Pinkie was playing with Dorit - but who knows why?

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa has had a jewelry collection on Evine for 3-4 years now, so talking about it now isn't a big deal IMO.

I am not sure what you mean by this? The article is regarding the new collection/collaboration which was the photo shoot that was shown on this epi.  Which has nothing to do with the Evine collection.  But the previous collection is the only thing that comes up if you google LVP and jewelry. It is the current collection that Pandora claims has a cult following. Lol. 

7 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I clicked on the link for the jewelry and there's no website. Also, if Pandora wanted to use her maiden name, wouldn't it be Todd, not Vanderpump? 

I guess Todd does not have the name recognition that would get her foot in certain doors. Kind of like the Hamlin kids? 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I clicked on the link for the jewelry and there's no website. Also, if Pandora wanted to use her maiden name, wouldn't it be Todd, not Vanderpump? 

I googled BHL magazine.

Once on the site , I clicked on luxury now, then the scrolled down to LVP X Makowsky (Read more button)

First picture is LVP and the jewelry designer. As you scroll further down - it shows all of the pics of Dorit with her coke face cropped out

• Love 2

Rinnas brats opening stores, hilarious. And the teeny group of staged paparazzi, even funnier! So staged

. ErIka's ugly pink wig, puke. WTH , she travels so much, but didnt know she had to take off the fugly boots? pink har, been there did that last season Mickey..!! keep up

Dorit drunk, not cool at all!! PK< nice of you to shush her hun, didnt work. Camille has had her own issues, so meh..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 2
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I googled BHL magazine.

Once on the site , I clicked on luxury now, then the scrolled down to LVP X Makowsky (Read more button)

First picture is LVP and the jewelry designer. As you scroll further down - it shows all of the pics of Dorit with her coke face cropped out

I think the poster was referring to the actual jewelry website where one could purchase the products. It does not appear to exist. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I googled BHL magazine.

LVP didnt want her face, just hands and decollete 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Rinnas bras opening stores, hilarious. And the teeny group of staged paparazi, evn more funny! So staged

My thoughts on the scene at the airport is that Bravo camera(s) were following LisaR, Erika and the kids. So they attracted people who were curious as to who was being followed by cameras, assuming it must be someone important. I don't think those taking camera video/pics had a clue who any of them were. Lol. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Ugh! LVP threw that hag a bone when she had Dorit "model". Yikes! Hire a pro next time, Pump! Even cropped out Dorit doesn't model well. Not on her best day. She had some nerve complaining all day. >:( 

Truly! If I didn’t know it was Dorit, I would think the model was more a LVP contemporary, there was something about the lighting, or something about Dorit, that made the skin look older. No beautiful hands and décolletage there. I did notice in the scene of the outside lunch at LVP’s, most of the women present had very age telling hands. They spend fortunes in treatments, injectables, and plastic surgery on their faces, but neglect their hands which will show your age quicker than anything. Sadly, I know this from experience. Do they make Porcelana any more?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Truly! If I didn’t know it was Dorit, I would think the model was more a LVP contemporary, there was something about the lighting, or something about Dorit, that made the skin look older. No beautiful hands and décolletage there. I did notice in the scene of the outside lunch at LVP’s, most of the women present had very age telling hands. They spend fortunes in treatments, injectables, and plastic surgery on their faces, but neglect their hands which will show your age quicker than anything. Sadly, I know this from experience. Do they make Porcelana any more?

LVP would have been better off using one of her VPR cast members. I think Kristen would have been perfect since the face was cropped out anyway.

• Love 2

I don't think either of them are top model quality (I see no smizing future for these two :) but I do think the brunette (Amelia?) has a goodish look, once you get rid of that mop of hair -- her hairline looks higher, the thick brows don't overwhelm, her face pops into focus and something delicate/sensual/arresting comes out once you get rid of the schoolgirl  styling.

amelia.jpg

21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

LVP would have been better off using one of her VPR cast members.

She should've used Giggy -- better manners, no shine on the face and plenty of personal flair ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

My thoughts on the scene at the airport is that Bravo camera(s) were following LisaR, Erika and the kids. So they attracted people who were curious as to who was being followed by cameras, assuming it must be someone important. I don't think those taking camera video/pics had a clue who any of them were. Lol. 

I know!! then one yelled Delilah, I thought, hmm producer..rofl!

4 hours ago, film noire said:

I don't think either of them are top model quality (I see no smizing future for these two :) but I do think the brunette (Amelia?) has a goodish look, once you get rid of that mop of hair -- her hairline looks higher, the thick brows don't overwhelm, her face pops into focus and something delicate/sensual/arresting comes out once you get rid of the schoolgirl  styling.

amelia.jpg

She should've used Giggy -- better manners, no shine on the face and plenty of personal flair ; )

A long as they dont open their silly sounding 12 year old mouths, your book taught me how to give head mom, how proud she must be, I do wish she would stop giggling at her own not funny jokes..UGH 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am not sure what you mean by this? The article is regarding the new collection/collaboration which was the photo shoot that was shown on this epi.  Which has nothing to do with the Evine collection.  But the previous collection is the only thing that comes up if you google LVP and jewelry. It is the current collection that Pandora claims has a cult following. Lol. 

I guess Todd does not have the name recognition that would get her foot in certain doors. Kind of like the Hamlin kids? 

I know it is about her new line but I was pointing out that she has had a line for years now without talking about it on the show, so I wasn't surprised she is now with the new line. I wonder if she will sell it on Evine after they clear out the older/clearance items for this coming spring/summer. Maybe they are selling it locally at some boutique in the LA area. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Dorit has nice hands.  Earlier this week Kyle was on with Megyn Kelly and was wearing fingerless Chanel gloves.  Later that same day LVP was on WWHL and had this look-hands covered.

Brandi at one time burned her hands with rejuvenation treatments.

All I can say, as someone with old lady hands-can we never catch a break?  

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, film noire said:

amelia.jpg

She looks better in that picture.  On the show she often looks like she has the mumps (or a potato face).

1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorit has nice hands.  Earlier this week Kyle was on with Megyn Kelly and was wearing fingerless Chanel gloves.  Later that same day LVP was on WWHL and had this look-hands covered.

Those gloves were so bad, but at least they were not saggy like the similar ones she wore to a party at Dorit's house last season.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

She looks better in that picture.  On the show she often looks like she has the mumps (or a potato face).

Those gloves were so bad, but at least they were not saggy like the similar ones she wore to a party at Dorit's house last season.

Good eye they are exactly the same gloves.  I thought the same thing. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

My old lady hands salute you, ZM. Also bonus points for the Giggy sighting!

• Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Yeah. I mean, I hate to pick on young women's looks, but like, I kind of get the Hadids. Gigi is conventionally attractive and has the right body. Bella has what I can believe a fashion house would say is a ~unique~ look.

The Hamlins look like your average white girls hanging out at the mall. 

That look works in Japan. My roommate (in our 20's) did a lot of modeling in Japan and made a good $$$. They like the blonde, blue/green eyed, girl next door look. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Please, Bravo, stop trying to make the Rinat/Hamlin girls happen.  They are average looking and petulant...disasters waiting to happen.

Average looking and petulant with the right last name gets you a modeling contract and a huge social media following. Sad as it is and for whatever Vogue Taiwan is worth those girls will stay employed. Delilah sounds like she could give Lala a run for her money with blow jobs so that's guaranteeing her a long career of international yachting and private jetting at the very least.

• Love 5

I didn't realize Ericka's son was only 25. I thought she much older than that-- didn't she have him when she was 19? I think Dorit got to Kyle's and was pissed there was no electricity because she has her issues with being shiny. So I think she thought, "Fuck it, I'll just get wasted." And proceeded to get wasted.

Camille looked so beautiful and I loved her navy blue shirt with white pants. Her boyfriend was gorgeous. I also would have been mortified if I brought a new person around someone acting like Dorit-- it was very disrespectful of Dorit.. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

dorits breast look like mine, saggy and hanging down to the waist

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Double A said:

Average looking and petulant with the right last name gets you a modeling contract and a huge social media following. Sad as it is and for whatever Vogue Taiwan is worth those girls will stay employed. Delilah sounds like she could give Lala a run for her money with blow jobs so that's guaranteeing her a long career of international yachting and private jetting at the very least.

So sad that Rinna is pushing for this,  I am afraid for the Hamlin girls. Somehow I don't think that they will be protected as well as the Hadids.

• Love 6
Just now, Happy Camper said:

So sad that Rinna is pushing for this,  I am afraid for the Hamlin girls. Somehow I don't think that they will be protected as well as the Hadids.

First, none of them are truly protected in that world. But yeah watching Rinna kinda floundering in Tokyo as a "chaperone" I kept thinking mom, you lost them - you gave them over to this mess and now you have to hope they don't become a cautionary tale.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Double A said:

First, none of them are truly protected in that world. But yeah watching Rinna kinda floundering in Tokyo as a "chaperone" I kept thinking mom, you lost them - you gave them over to this mess and now you have to hope they don't become a cautionary tale.

You are absolutely right. It just seemed like they just did their own thing and she just did her own with Erika. I do think that they did not really have too much of a fan base there. It was set up. Actually very pathetic. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 11:11 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

Did that child say "give head" in front of her mother?  

I was shocked and would've preferred not to hear that. The daughters seem to treat Rinna like a peer instead of a mother, but perhaps I'm old school. I didn't like Rinna's hand gesture either. Her cackling gets on my nerves. 

I agree that they don't look like models. They are pretty girls but kind of vanilla. I haven't seen enough photos of them to tell if they photograph well though. Maybe I am missing something. 

As Jel said, I wonder if there was more to the exchange between Doris and Camille that was left on the cutting room floor. It could've been edited to make it more dramatic. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7

Random thoughts....

Actually enjoyed Rinna and Erika in Tokyo. Loved that they took in the sights and we didn't see them at a spa. Also loved their reaction to the lovely older woman at dinner playing whatever instrument she was playing. They were awestruck and appreciative. I shouldn't compare them to the way that the OC gals travel, but let me just say there would have been some cackling from the OC gals. 

I don't ever need to see Rinna's girls again. Unlike most, I have nothing at all against them. I think they are lovely. I just don't want to see teenagers on this show. The young kids can be around all day every day and twice on Sunday. I don't like teenagers in general. Can barely tolerate my own some days. They tend to be needy, selfish, rude and narcissist at times. And at other times they are perfection. Bravo will rarely show us the perfection. 

Loved Kyle with her mothers Urn. We know how she feels about her mom, but there she was on a shelf. And could Kyle's dogs just be in every scene from here on out?

So far I like Teddi, but things could change easily. I am a bit wary of folks that come on the show and act shocked that these gals indulge in a fair amount of gossip. 

LVP was a saint with Dorit at the photo shoot. LVP can often get on my nerves, but she was so patient with an out-of-control Dorit. 

Camille should have made the cut as a full time HW.  Not sure why she did not in the end. I love seeing her and she always has great TH interviews. 

Dorit is horrible. Just horrible. She was last year and she is this year. It will be interesting to see what happens when she comes for LVP, because she most defiantly will. 

• Love 8

Initially I thought Dorit got a bad edit, but I read Camille's blog and she seems to think Dorit's assault came out of nowhere.  I still have a sneaking suspicion she's getting the Alexis treatment -- I mean Lisa and Kyle love her and hang out with her voluntarily -- why would they do that if she was so awful to them all the time. Something about it doesn't add up for me.

• Love 3

Dorit said that she was going to drink a lot to help her deal with being in the heat with no air conditioning.  I am not a drinker but I do know that when I consume alcohol I tend to get overheated and really flushed.  Do other people have this reaction to alcohol?  If so wouldn't Dorit's "cure" for the heat just make her an obnoxious, sweaty drunk?  

I am glad Kyle did not cancel her dinner party.  The best dinner party I ever had was when we first bought our new house and we were having my husband's friends over.  I had only met them briefly and was a nervous wreck all week because I wanted everything to be perfect.  The evening before the party we has a moderate snow storm.  Our new plow guy was a bit overtired and accidently hit our propane tank.  The gas company had to "red tag" our house and shut off the heat, hot water, and the gas stove.  We called to cancel and our friends asked us if we wanted them to bring chinese food or pizza.  They also brought us a hot plate and a few space heaters.  We ate our chinese food and the homemade chocolate cake the wife made, huddled around space heaters.  It was the best dinner party I ever had.  It made such a good memory for us because we did not have drunken mess Dorit bitching and moaning about everything.  

• Love 13