Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Lights Out!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Camille looked so beautiful and I loved her navy blue shirt with white pants. Her boyfriend was gorgeous. I also would have been mortified if I brought a new person around someone acting like Dorit-- it was very disrespectful of Dorit.. 

Hey, whatever happened to the posters who remarked on Camille's dead Great White shark eyes?

1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

Dorit's breasts look like mine, saggy and hanging down to the waist.

And you're not modeling jewelry because...?

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Dorit said that she was going to drink a lot to help her deal with being in the heat with no air conditioning.  I am not a drinker but I do know that when I consume alcohol I tend to get overheated and really flushed.  Do other people have this reaction to alcohol?  If so wouldn't Dorit's "cure" for the heat just make her an obnoxious, sweaty drunk?  

I think Dorit's method for cooling off with alcohol only works if you pour it down your cleavage, ice cubes and all, then let it evaporate off your skin.  She comes dressed for that tactic, just in case she needs to use it.

28 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I am glad Kyle did not cancel her dinner party.  The best dinner party I ever had was when we first bought our new house and we were having my husband's friends over.  I had only met them briefly and was a nervous wreck all week because I wanted everything to be perfect.  The evening before the party we has a moderate snow storm.  Our new plow guy was a bit overtired and accidently hit our propane tank.  The gas company had to "red tag" our house and shut off the heat, hot water, and the gas stove.  We called to cancel and our friends asked us if we wanted them to bring chinese food or pizza.  They also brought us a hot plate and a few space heaters.  We ate our chinese food and the homemade chocolate cake the wife made, huddled around space heaters.  It was the best dinner party I ever had.  It made such a good memory for us because we did not have drunken mess Dorit bitching and moaning about everything.  

We had a Thanksgiving like this. Everything went wrong, including someone forgetting to turn on the oven and only noticing after the turkey'd been sitting in it for a couple of hours.  I think we invented the first deep-fried turkey that night--still the best turkey I've ever had--and fortunately nobody died of food poisoning.  Adversity pulls (most) people together.  It doesn't pay to stress.  Although I always do.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Jel said:

Initially I thought Dorit got a bad edit, but I read Camille's blog and she seems to think Dorit's assault came out of nowhere.  I still have a sneaking suspicion she's getting the Alexis treatment -- I mean Lisa and Kyle love her and hang out with her voluntarily -- why would they do that if she was so awful to them all the time. Something about it doesn't add up for me.

What a great observation, and a great question. 

I wonder how much time these chicks spend with each other when not filming? And when they do, how much time they spend one-on-one (maybe including their husbands)? Because it is a good question that if Dorit was so awful that they would not notice before now. Sometimes people are very different in small groups. When it is just the two of you. I also wonder how well they actually know Dorit. She hasn't been married to PK very long, so while I know that LVP adores PK (this is a bit hard for me to understand as well, I must be honest), it is possible that LVP only actually knows Dorit very slightly. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. 

Spoiler

From what I heard about filming, Kyle has given us a brief glimpse of the problems that will come this season when she said that LVP was a bit "jelly" of her relationship with Dorit.  From what I understand, Kyle and Dorit get closer, and something very bad happens between Dorit and LVP, which puts Kyle in the middle. This causes problems between Kyle and LVP, but they resolve them. It is clear that they still remain close today. What I haven't heard them talk about is how they still feel about Dorit. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I wonder how much time these chicks spend with each other when not filming? And when they do, how much time they spend one-on-one (maybe including their husbands)? Because it is a good question that if Dorit was so awful that they would not notice before now. Sometimes people are very different in small groups. When it is just the two of you. I also wonder how well they actually know Dorit. She hasn't been married to PK very long, so while I know that LVP adores PK (this is a bit hard for me to understand as well, I must be honest), it is possible that LVP only actually knows Dorit very slightly. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. 

Reveal hidden contents

From what I heard about filming, Kyle has given us a brief glimpse of the problems that will come this season when she said that LVP was a bit "jelly" of her relationship with Dorit.  From what I understand, Kyle and Dorit get closer, and something very bad happens between Dorit and LVP, which puts Kyle in the middle. This causes problems between Kyle and LVP, but they resolve them. It is clear that they still remain close today. What I haven't heard them talk about is how they still feel about Dorit. 

Lisa was friends with PK's first wife, she only met Dorit after she/PK got married, so they really don't know each other. Dorit is a lot like Taylor (personality wise that is) and Kyle was good friends with Taylor and pushed Lisa away a bit in favor of Taylor. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

So sad that Rinna is pushing for this,  I am afraid for the Hamlin girls. Somehow I don't think that they will be protected as well as the Hadids.

No, they aren't ready. Mom was chaperone, and they felt they didn't need her at all. They are not worldly in the least, and who knows what scum is around them. Rinna is pushing this way, way too hard. How many times did she reference Kris and the Kardashians? She's even wearing her hair like her. I'm more scared of her., and what she wants for them, than what they want. Many teenage girls want to be models, some of them are more edgier,  than average like the hamlets.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't get it either. The blonde (Delilah) MIGHT do okay with the right makeup and styling (it's all wrong in this pic). But I think the other girl's face is too round and her eyes too close together. She's a cute girl on film, but it doesn't really translate well to photos. Neither is exceptional, IMO. 

Count me in too.  When Rinna said they were modeling, I was thinking, "Is the Sears catalog still around?" They certainly aren't as skilled in looking vacant, as the Hadids...until they open their mouths and speak.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Well I like LVP - but she is kind of a bitch :)

I think of her as being snarky!  She was on WWHL and a caller asked her if she was throwing shade at Erika by saying "scratch the puss," to which she replied "well, of course!"  She laughed about it and said that Erika could take the joke.  Just like Rinna, LVP "owned" her words! ;)   I thought it was funny.  I like LVP and enjoy the scenes shot from her house with all of the animals around.  She really does have a nice life.  

• Love 19
21 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Thank you KFB.  That is hilarious.  Dorit really can't say anything cause of her complaining about make-up.  Solution: Cut her face out!

I'm surprised how her decollatage or however you spell it looks...if that was the main reason LVP wanted her.  That hollow...the fake boob giveaway.

But in D's defense, when you realize it's not just hands being photographed, I can see being concerned about the face.  I've had my makeup done for small shoots and I usually hate it.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Reveal hidden contents

When LVP was on WWHL she said she liked Dorit and they are friends. I believe once Dorit and PK moved to BH, Kyle and LVP became acquainted with her.  Kyle knew Boy George from Celebrity Apprentice, and I believe PK made an appearance on the show.  Erika was on the Today Show with Kyle and LVP, when Megny Kelly made a comment about Erika and Dorit being on the outs Erika said no.  

I get the impression there is not some huge divide this year.  I enjoy Camille in her current role and the issue with Camille and producers is she always plays it safe.  No one could possibly endorse Dorit's behavior at dinner and basically it has given Camille an opening to be in the center of the drama, in the victim role not the villain role.  From her blog it sounds as if Camille isn't too keen on LVP and Kyle continuing their friendship with Dorit.  My guess is there are some slights and disinvites thrown Dorit's way.  I don't believe Camille went to Dorit's fashion show for her new line.  From the Berlin photos it appears Camille does not go.  Brandi kept getting invited no matter how vile the behavior so I can't see them exiling Dorit. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I think of her as being snarky!  She was on WWHL and a caller asked her if she was throwing shade at Erika by saying "scratch the puss," to which she replied "well, of course!"  She laughed about it and said that Erika could take the joke.  Just like Rinna, LVP "owned" her words! ;)   I thought it was funny.  I like LVP and enjoy the scenes shot from her house with all of the animals around.  She really does have a nice life.  

She's very happy, and it shows! :)

• Love 6

When LVP was on WWHL she said she liked Dorit and they are friends

Yeah but one of the things about WWHL or any of these interviews is they can't reveal too much so they don't spoil what happens in future episodes...

it has given Camille an opening to be in the center of the drama, in the victim role not the villain role

And rightfully so.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

Yes, I think Pinkie was playing with Dorit - but who knows why?

I find LVP vindictive, very passive and angry and her self professed British wit is bullshit. I think she is a very angry person due to issues and fear, lack of control with her son. She protects herself with this Queen Bee persona in Villa Rosa her house with a name.  Dorit is one of her groupies that she plays cat and mouse with to let her know who's in real control. That's why she messes with people. She hurts Dorit knowing she will come right back for more.  LVPs attachment to animals is down deep to make up for what she cannot accomplish with relationships with people. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Except her very clear attachment and affection for her husband. He is a person.

You are right Higgins, which fits in with my amateur armchair psych theory I think he, especially, knows how hurt she is and her struggles.  No need to hide from him- Pandora is probably in that circle too. They do have a strong bond. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I find LVP vindictive, very passive and angry and her self professed British wit is bullshit. I think she is a very angry person due to issues and fear, lack of control with her son. She protects herself with this Queen Bee persona in Villa Rosa her house with a name.  Dorit is one of her groupies that she plays cat and mouse with to let her know who's in real control. That's why she messes with people. She hurts Dorit knowing she will come right back for more.  LVPs attachment to animals is down deep to make up for what she cannot accomplish with relationships with people. 

That’s how I see Pinkie too - classic npd behavior. I said “who knows why” because, like you say, it’s a game for her - on that day she may have been feeling jealous of the younger woman, or she may have been relishing the idea of Dorit’s disappointment, or whatever else LVP needed at the moment. These shows have lots of npd behavior (I often think the casting directors have npd checklists to ensure plenty of drama) - but it seems LVP fools the most people so she’s pretty good at maintaining her carefully curated fantasy!

6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Except her very clear attachment and affection for her husband. He is a person.

If Ken stopped being the good little flying monkey, she’d kick him to the curb - she’s said as much in her witty kidding/true remarks.

• Love 8

LVP is great with the kids on Vanderpump rules, just great . She's a natural people person, a natural business woman. She wears her heart on her sleeve most of the time, but she's guarded around people like Rinna, and I don't blame her one bit.

We do only see part of them all, it's all very edited, LVP knows that, I know that. I can still tell who I'd like to sit down with, and who I wouldn't cross to the road to say  hello.

If Ken stopped being the good little flying monkey, she’d kick him to the curb - she’s said as much in her witty kidding/true remarks.

Ken has said just how much he loves their home, how much LVP looked after him after his hip replacement, they live and work together,  hand in glove.

• Love 12

I am just going to echo that I also find the Hamlin girls really boring in appearance, actually Amelia might be a little ugly.  But she is 16 and might grow into her looks.  Mainly, I hate their attitude.

When Teddi said Edwin gets along with everyone another Housewife said "so does mine" and I was wondering if it was Kyle or Dorit who said that.  In either case it is not true.  Mauricio is nice but we've seen him argue with others throughout the years (granted it is usually when he is pushed into it).

I agree Kyle's party planner seems really disheveled and I at first thought he was a construction worker.  But Kyle seems to have friendships with average folk.  I know Mauricio's real estate money has kind of gone to her head but she does come across as more down to Earth.  I'm sure she really values him. 

• Love 2

If it works for her,and those that love her, what's wrong with that. I don't think alpha = male.

It can be problematic for people who have personalities that are strong as hers. Sometimes you need to compromise.

Also, I'm not sure what alpha = male has to do with LVP or this discussion...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I am just going to echo that I also find the Hamlin girls really boring in appearance, actually Amelia might be a little ugly.  But she is 16 and might grow into her looks.  Mainly, I hate their attitude.

When Teddi said Edwin gets along with everyone another Housewife said "so does mine" and I was wondering if it was Kyle or Dorit who said that.  In either case it is not true.  Mauricio is nice but we've seen him argue with others throughout the years (granted it is usually when he is pushed into it).

I agree Kyle's party planner seems really disheveled and I at first thought he was a construction worker.  But Kyle seems to have friendships with average folk.  I know Mauricio's real estate money has kind of gone to her head but she does come across as more down to Earth.  I'm sure she really values him. 

I think Mauricio is pretty easy going.  The only times I can remember him getting into it with someone on the show is if he thought they were were treating others badly or he thought someone needed protecting.  I'm not saying he's always correct in his assessments of who needs protecting or that he should be the one stepping in to do so, but I think it comes from a good place.  I think overall he does just try to get along and wants everyone to have a good time at the various gatherings and we've seen him prod Kyle to be the same way -- whether the drive for this is business related or not, I don't know.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Yep - like Nene, Bethenny, Vicki or Tre - same gig, different styles.

I find LVP so  much softer than brittle Bethenny, much softer. Theresa? She is dim, not bright, she couldn't run a business, let alone more than one.Vicki, nothing like LVP, Vicki loves the drama of say, fake Cancer. LVP wouldn't entertain that. So, not the same.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I find LVP so  much softer than brittle Bethenny, much softer. Theresa? She is dim, not bright, she couldn't run a business, let alone more than one.Vicki, nothing like LVP, Vicki loves the drama of say, fake Cancer. LVP wouldn't entertain that. So, not the same.

That comment was in response to needing to be the alpha in a relationship - that’s what I called the same gig. Sure, their styles are different but the intention is always to be top dog, queen bee, the one others defer to.

• Love 5
Just now, nexxie said:

That comment was in response to needing to be the alpha in a relationship - that’s what I called the same gig. Sure, their styles are different but the intention is always to be top dog, queen bee, the one others defer to.

No, I don't find that. LVP cemented her position long ago. The others you mentioned are still struggling, in fact Vicki is downright loathed..

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Is this your assessment of everyone that has a strong attachment to animals?  Not being snarky, just curious.  I am a person who likes animals more than people a lot of the time.  I don't tend to have a hard time making and keeping relationships with people but also would have a menagerie like LVP if I had the space.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

No, I don't find that. LVP cemented her position long ago. The others you mentioned are still struggling, in fact Vicki is downright loathed..

The point is they seem to need to be seen in a stronger position than others - it actually shows insecurity rather than confidence or strength.

• Love 7

The point is they seem to need to be seen in a stronger position than others - it actually shows insecurity rather than confidence or strength.

Exactly.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Hmm, no we'll have to agree to disagree on that. While I find the others you mentioned insecure, I see none of that with LVP not in the least. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I think Mauricio is very easy going, for the most part. I can't remember the last time we saw him get into anything, but I'd wager it was in defense of someone. I know he's defended Kyle before; and, as much as Teddi extols Edwin as a nice person, I imagine he'd defend her too - if push came to shove. I felt like her statement about Edwin was a bit of hyperbole. Overall, he gets along well with others. So does Mauricio. Last season was only PK's first and I feel like he got into it with others more in that one year than Mauricio has over the entire run of the show. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is this your assessment of everyone that has a strong attachment to animals?  Not being snarky, just curious.  I am a person who likes animals more than people a lot of the time.  I don't tend to have a hard time making and keeping relationships with people but also would have a menagerie like LVP if I had the space.

I'm the same as you,I just have room in my hear t, much like Lisa for animals. We're so very cold here right now, and having given to homeless shelters an abundance of socks, my thoughts go to all the animals that are homeless and cold.

The very odd thing I've found, is that if a person doesn't love animals, I tend not to care for them. Not always, but quite often.The fact we managed to house yulan dogs, made me so very happy.

22 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The other thing, is that LVP has great relationships. Pandora and Lisa have both said,she should have adopted more children, because she's been a very good mother.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, NeverLate said:

I'm the same as you,I just have room in my hear t, much like Lisa for animals. We're so very cold here right now, and having given to homeless shelters an abundance of socks, my thoughts go to all the animals that are homeless and cold.

The very odd thing I've found, is that if a person doesn't love animals, I tend not to care for them. Not always, but quite often.The fact we managed to house yulan dogs, made me so very happy.

I admit I do side eye anyone that says they don't like animals.  Living a few miles from the recent mudslides in Montecito I get very sad when I think of all the animals that didn't get out.  I of course am worried about the people (we know 2 dead so far) but I cannot bring myself to think about the furry residents and wildlife swept out as well.  The fact there isn't an animal LVP doesn't love makes me like her more.  Says something about her to me.  I also enjoy that Kyle has many dogs big and small.    

• Love 16
Just now, Natalie68 said:

I admit I do side eye anyone that says they don't like animals.  Living a few miles from the recent mudslides in Montecito I get very sad when I think of all the animals that didn't get out.  I of course am worried about the people (we know 2 dead so far) but I cannot bring myself to think about the furry residents and wildlife swept out as well.  The fact there isn't an animal LVP doesn't love makes me like her more.  Says something about her to me.  I also enjoy that Kyle has many dogs big and small.    

I know how you feel. We had to flee a fire, the two things I grabbed, my dogs, my wonderful dogs

• Love 12
15 hours ago, NeverLate said:

No, they aren't ready. Mom was chaperone, and they felt they didn't need her at all. They are not worldly in the least, and who knows what scum is around them. Rinna is pushing this way, way too hard. How many times did she reference Kris and the Kardashians? She's even wearing her hair like her. I'm more scared of her., and what she wants for them, than what they want. Many teenage girls want to be models, some of them are more edgier,  than average like the hamlets.

Wow. You are so right about this. Lisa R. is trying so hard to be Kardashian. So obvious. Poor kids.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, film noire said:

I don't think either of them are top model quality (I see no smizing future for these two :) but I do think the brunette (Amelia?) has a goodish look, once you get rid of that mop of hair -- her hairline looks higher, the thick brows don't overwhelm, her face pops into focus and something delicate/sensual/arresting comes out once you get rid of the schoolgirl  styling.

amelia.jpg

She should've used Giggy -- better manners, no shine on the face and plenty of personal flair ; )

Those are not their actual faces. Where did the brown haired one’s jaw go?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree with your assessment, but not the last line. Like others have posted here, I have a deep love for animals. All animals. And have had since I was a small child - as long as I can remember. So it has nothing to do with compensating for relationships with people. I just prefer animals to most people, and again, always have. Many animal lovers are the same. Not all - my hubby is both an animal person and a people person. I think deep down LVP is not a people person (but can be when required) and really doesn't care what people think of her, which is why she can be snarky and mean. In fact I think she has stated that she likes animals much more than people. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Like others have posted here, I have a deep love for animals. All animals. And have had since I was a small child - as long as I can remember. So it has nothing to do with compensating for relationships with people. I just prefer animals to most people, and again, always have. Many animal lovers are the same. Not all - my hubby is both an animal person and a people person. I think deep down LVP is not a people person (but can be when required) and really doesn't care what people think of her, which is why she can be snarky and mean. In fact I think she has stated that she likes animals much more than people. 

I like animals more than people., except for the people/friends I love. I cant be fussed with all that making new friends etc . I'm now retired, and while friendly with neighbours and interaction on a day to day basis with people, , why would I go out of my way...So is LVP mean, no, not she's witty, and comfortable in her own skin.

Someone like Rinna or Erika will never be, they struggle to be something there aren't , they keep wanting more. Both scared to grow old 

• Love 9

Someone like Rinna or Erika will never be, they struggle to be something there aren't , they keep wanting more. Both scared to grow old 

I think they're just as comfortable, in their own way, as LVP is. What's wrong with wanting more? If LVP didn't want more, she'd have retired long ago, and lord knows she and Ken don't need any more money.

As for them scared to grow old...not sure what that is based on.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I think they're just as comfortable, in their own way, as LVP is. What's wrong with wanting more? If LVP didn't want more, she'd have retired long ago, and lord knows she and Ken don't need any more money.

As for them scared to grow old...not sure what that is based on.

Erikas face not moving at such an early age and dressing like she's a teenager. Rinnas lips, bigger than her head..LOL

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 10

Erika's face moves just fine. As for dressing like a teenager...eh, not quite. Granted, I didn't realize people had a age-required dress code...

As for Rinna's lips...most of the women on this show have had work done, including LVP, so not sure what the big deal is.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, NeverLate said:

Erikas face not moving at such an early age and dressing like she's a teenagafer. Rinnas lips, bigger than her head..LOL

They seem to be concerned about losing their sex appeal, rather than aging in general - but then, they both define themselves by such things as “dsl” and proper blowjob techniques. lol

2 minutes ago, Jel said:

As for Lisa and her snarkiness, passive aggressive jabs, British humor -- whatever you call it, she's definitely PTV poster material.

What’s PTV?

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I agree with your assessment, but not the last line. Like others have posted here, I have a deep love for animals. All animals. And have had since I was a small child - as long as I can remember. So it has nothing to do with compensating for relationships with people. I just prefer animals to most people, and again, always have. Many animal lovers are the same. Not all - my hubby is both an animal person and a people person. I think deep down LVP is not a people person (but can be when required) and really doesn't care what people think of her, which is why she can be snarky and mean. In fact I think she has stated that she likes animals much more than people. 

It's true, she's passionate about dogs, just not crazy about bitches. ? 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

They seem to be concerned about losing their sex appeal, rather than aging in general - but then, they both define themselves by such things as “dsl” and proper blowjob techniques. lol

What’s PTV?

(Look up, Nexxie -- to the address bar ;)

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Erika's face moves just fine. As for dressing like a teenager...eh, not quite. Granted, I didn't realize people had a age-required dress code...

As for Rinna's lips...most of the women on this show have had work done, including LVP, so not sure what the big deal is.

No, take a good look. She has trouble laughing, how sad is that? shaking my head..way too much botox

Rinna lip s could save her from drowning, a little filler in the lips is fine, bit that's god awful unnatural.. LOL

2 minutes ago, I8A 4RE said:

It's true, she's passionate about dogs, just not crazy about bitches. ? 

ditto! LOL

• Love 7