Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Yeah, Nicholle Wallace is someone to reckon with let me tell you, she was terrific on a wrap up of the year show the other night with Brian Williams.  I use to hate her when she was on The View, but now respect her as a talking head for "the other side". She's okay, and she hates Drumpt, which is always a plus for moi. 

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

There are places in this country where being Gay or Trans could still get you killed.  Trans women of color don't have a long life expectancy in this country.  The average age is 35 years old. I remember during the inception of Black lives matter.  A group of Black, trans, women, mobilized, in order to get their voices heard as well. Since they are often marginalized and forgotten.  They are a minority within a minority.  

Exactly. I'm not sure what Meghan's point was but she seemed to be implying that people in America have no reason to protest because in Iran gay people get beheaded daily? I don't know.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 6

Yes, MM didn't like the comparison because in Iran women can be killed for not wearing a hijab, and gay people can be murdered.  She ENDS CONVERSATIONS when the comparison is made to the U.S. 

Really?  because, while women are not killed for NOT wearing a hijab, women in America have certainly been victimized and harassed for WEARING a hijab.  And mosques are attacked.  Does she think that gay and trans people are NOT subject to violence here?  What about the fact that Black people are subjected to violence by the police for minor transgressions?  Or for looking similar to a person who committed a crime?  

I'm not saying the two countries are identical.  But it is OK to make the comparison, to discuss the similarities and differences.  If not, then we have to settle for "yeah, it sucks to be in America, but Iran is worse."   No thanks.  this is supposed to be a land where everyone is free and equal.

• Love 20

Exactly. I'm not sure what Meghan's point was but she seemed to be implying that people in America have no reason to protest because in Iran gay people get beheaded daily? I don't know.

I could not decipher her message either. MM has a habit of having rehearsed points she wants to share and driving the conversation there, whether it happens organically or not.  Iran is very barbaric when it comes to gay people but they do recognize gender reassignment and are one of the worlds leaders in the procedure. Not that either was part of the Trump argument.

As for Sunny, I think she was trying to contextualize 13 Reasons Why with the point being that both the video and the show can be deemed as sensationalizing suicide. The YouTube guy went to that area in Japan to specifically find a victim. MM interrupted the entire time. 

• Love 11

Now I know why there are massive w8nd chills...due to Elsa...oops I mean Meghan.

She seems like she likes censorship, but I love that she is no match for Joy :)  I explain to people that don't get why America is protesting that they aren't protesting because they don't have rights, they're protesting to ensure they don't lose rights and turn into an Iran.  Meghan d oesnt seem too swift on looking beneath the surface...and her remark on hating the NYT and Newsweek...makes me think she is part of the problem.  

Ana should be a regular fill in...she is both intelligent and funny :)

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, backformore said:

Really?  because, while women are not killed for NOT wearing a hijab, women in America have certainly been victimized for WEARING a hijab.

Very good point, BFM.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

Ha ha ha ha!  You could be right.  You are making more sense here than she was as far as I could tell.  

50 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I LOL when Ana said where did Sunny lose weight, her hair!!! I just find sunny to be such a phony.

I missed that.  Good one Ana!  

1 hour ago, hudsbee said:

I could not decipher her message either. MM has a habit of having rehearsed points she wants to share and driving the conversation there, whether it happens organically or not. 

Yes.  You can see her thinking about what she is going to say next no matter what is going down. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Loved today’s show and that Ana got her own picture in the credits.

I, too, think Sunny plays dumb as a means to get the conversation going. 

The conversation was fine, Sunny likes her beak in everything lol

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

The conversation was fine, Sunny likes her beak in everything lol

Yes, she does.  Good point.  It would serve her to be more discerning.  She does not have to contribute to every topic.  I will go so far as to say it would be good for her to learn not to speak of what she does not know.  She has never watched The Bachelor.  She contributes to serious topics too but this one clearly illustrates your point.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

Ana N was great today.  Yeah, MM was aching for a fight with her "yeah, I hate the NY times,  as all good republicans do.

I think it's what bugs me the most about MM - that every thought that comes out of her mouth is "as a republican, as a conservative, like all republicans, my conservative friends... etc, etc. " shut the hell up and give your opinion as your opinion.  Not the opinion of everyone else in a political party. 

YES!  She is a Stepford republican.  She has a check list as to what that looks like and gives her rehearsed talking points.  She is NOT paying attention.  Such a mistake on this show.  Terrible mistake.  

34 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Loved today’s show and that Ana got her own picture in the credits.

I, too, think Sunny plays dumb as a means to get the conversation going. 

I don't think she plays dumb.  She feels like she has to contribute to every talking point.  She cannot recognize when she doesn't have something valid to say.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

Whoopi can make fun of the fact that having a Bachelor contestant with short hair is such a big deal.  BUT - the reason it's being talked about is that 95% of the women who go on the show have hair way down their back, almost to their waist.  Hair extensions have become the norm on shows like this, and it's crazy.  

Whoopi hates the Bachelor shows, I get that.  It's clear that she doesn't watch it.  Since none of them watch it, they should skip talking about it.   I know it's an ABC show, but it's not like their sneering about it is going to get more people to watch it.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Now I know why there are massive w8nd chills...due to Elsa...oops I mean Meghan.

She seems like she likes censorship, but I love that she is no match for Joy :)  I explain to people that don't get why America is protesting that they aren't protesting because they don't have rights, they're protesting to ensure they don't lose rights and turn into an Iran.  Meghan d oesnt seem too swift on looking beneath the surface...and her remark on hating the NYT and Newsweek...makes me think she is part of the problem.  

Ana should be a regular fill in...she is both intelligent and funny :)

Meghan isn't in any danger of losing any rights under Trumps administration so she doesn't understand why other people are protesting 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

I have a sinus infection, so maybe it was me. But I didn't understand a word MM said. Seriously.

Hmmm were you able to hear others ok?  There's a weird something going around, dropping like flies.  But it could also be a  mental mindblock on MM.  Your ears couldn't take it I guess, blocked it out

• Love 3

I loved Ana for going to Nordstrom to buy shoes because of Trump going after them! That whole thing was beyond stupid.

The stuff about marijuana as a gateway drug was interesting (I grew up as a D.A.R.E. kid and that's what they tell you). It will be interesting to see if Sunny's views as a former prosecutor evolve at all.

Sunny: I picked up my husband with short hair.

Whoopi (valley girl voice): How much did he weigh?

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, backformore said:

Whoopi hates the Bachelor shows, I get that.  It's clear that she doesn't watch it.  Since none of them watch it, they should skip talking about it.   I know it's an ABC show, but it's not like their sneering about it is going to get more people to watch it.  

I'm with Whoopi, those Bachelor type show make me insane.  You have all of these women losing their minds and dignity over some guy so they can find "love"(really they just want to win the game).  It brings out the worst stereotypical behaviors of these women.  They always talk about the fact they they have a "connection" with the bachelor.  Watch any of these shows bring out the social worker in me along with a little Cher on the side.  I just want to smack them and scream "Snap out of it!!!  Why are you all fighting over this loser?" and go on to explain that there are plenty of other men out there and the bachelor is not the be all and end all.     

• Love 13

How dare Sunny stick her "beak" in everything. ...hmmm is there a  topic only some of the women can talk about???  They all talk about everything .  I've never seen the Bachelor but I can tell it sucks balls ...should I have not said that?

Before I get a slap, my  point is, if only the ones that watch the Bachelor can talk about it , who would talk about it?  Joy and whoopi don't watch. I didn't hear MM or Ana say they watched. I'm sure they all have seen enough clips of that awful show to  pick up what it's laying down. I actually would rather they didn't talk about it. But if MM can talk about what  its like to be working class in America  then Sunny can chime in about that show....just saying. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

You have all of these women losing their minds and dignity over some guy so they can find "love"(really they just want to win the game).  It brings out the worst stereotypical behaviors of these women.  They always talk about the fact they they have a "connection" with the bachelor.  Watch any of these shows bring out the social worker in me along with a little Cher on the side.  I just want to smack them and scream "Snap out of it!!!  Why are you all fighting over this loser?" and go on to explain that there are plenty of other men out there and the bachelor is not the be all and end all.    

Most of the women get on the show via their agents.  They may claim to be pediatricians or morticians, but they're wanna-be actresses.   I've seen a few of the old seasons and I think some of these "actresses" go off their meds so they can thoroughly enjoy the humiliation of Falling in Love on national TV.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Yes.  You can see her thinking about what she is going to say next no matter what is going down. 

And...you can see her frustration when she's trying to get her point in but can't quite make it--while the camera stays on her face a bit too long.

• Love 12
On 12/30/2017 at 10:21 PM, ChicagoCita said:

But that was about about ten thousand blowjob jokes ago. I am not looking forward to her appearance.

I've enjoyed Niecy on some of her acting jobs, but when she forces her personality on us (interviews/talk shows), it's really offputting.  Her "mentorship" of Sherri Shepherd was NOT a gift.  I abhor the stereotype of the "sex-hungry" over-the-top "hilarious" Black woman.  It's degrading.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I noticed immediately that Miss Thang (MM) was being a total jerk as usual....Blaughhhhhhh. 

she kept interrupting everyone with her soft voice and then everyone kept talking over her.

• Love 4

Sunny's make-up isn't as well done as the other ladies'.    When we see her hands/arms near her face/chest there's SUCH a difference.  Her face has a yellowish tinge and her hands lean toward purple.

That's on MY television.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I'm with Whoopi, those Bachelor type show make me insane.  You have all of these women losing their minds and dignity over some guy so they can find "love"(really they just want to win the game).  It brings out the worst stereotypical behaviors of these women.  They always talk about the fact they they have a "connection" with the bachelor.  Watch any of these shows bring out the social worker in me along with a little Cher on the side.  I just want to smack them and scream "Snap out of it!!!  Why are you all fighting over this loser?" and go on to explain that there are plenty of other men out there and the bachelor is not the be all and end all.     

I find it fascinating, as a social experiment.  A bunch of women, competing for one guy, and  so many of them can convince themselves that they are "in love" and ready to marry this guy.  The guy gives out roses, and the roses symbol self-worth, that you just might be worthy of a relationship.  Any woman who doesn't get a rose, is devastated at being rejected by a guy who she met for 5 minutes.  they convince themselves it's about love, when it's really just about competition, like a pageant. 

The View hosts are "promoting"  the show because it's on ABC.  But they clearly don't watch, and don't like it.  they also misunderstand when they're reporting on it.   Like I posted earlier, Whoopi made fun of the fact that people are celebrating a contestant with short hair.  That wasn't the point.  People were applauding the idea of women going on the show with their REAL hair, not 20 inches of hair extensions.  

I guess it's just pointless and not enjoyable to have them discuss a show that none of them like or watch.  And it doesn't promote the show, because what they do say is pretty negative. 

• Love 9

Haven't watched yet...my blood pressure was on the high side--my body is feeling pain because I returned to work already, so I don't need it exacerbated by watching Meghan return to form or whatever.  But, I digress.  Michelle was the only host, and Sherri too, I think, who watched that crap ass show (The Bachelor).

• Love 6
19 hours ago, General Days said:

One of the Gabor sisters said after a certain age, it's your figure or your face, and I think there's some truth to that. Oh, look at that. Time for my beauty brownie.

A beauty regimen I can truly get behind.  

MM thinks Nikki Haley should run for president?   The UN ambassador who was recently pranked by Russian comedians?  And who tried to threaten other UN nations into agreeing with the US, or we won't be their friends?   Good lord!  

• Love 19

I enjoyed Ana Navarro on Monday’s show. I appreciated her talking about consumer power and buying Nordstrom in protest of Trump—then they panned straight to Meghan’s sourpuss face. I liked Joy explaining to Miss Silverspoon that just because we aren’t protesting hijabs doesn’t mean the situations aren’t comparative. Kudos to Sunny putting a spotlight on Trump’s comments about the Department of Justice supposedly serving him, and then Joy bringing that right back round to the protest argument with McCain. What I thought was the most disgusting part was Meghan bringing up the fact that gay people are being stoned to death as an excuse to say that the comparisons are not similar—using her supposed LGBT ally status, which is as phony as everything else about her imo, to blanket and protect Trump, another enemy of LGBT. I don’t know how Clay Aiken can be friends with her. She pays lip service to being gay-friendly, but it isn’t genuine and I imagine most other people in the LGBT community see straight through this vile bitch just like I do.

Whoopi is still getting in regular, insecure jabs at Sunny, I see. So much for the New Year.

Not looking forward to Greta tomorrow.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

And Whoopi ...women CANNOT send vagina selfies because you CANNOT take a picture of your vagina with a phone. Do you know where your vagina is located?  

I'd hazard a guess she's forgotten, like she forgets other things! 

29 minutes ago, backformore said:

MM thinks Nikki Haley should run for president?   The UN ambassador who was recently pranked by Russian comedians?  And who tried to threaten other UN nations into agreeing with the US, or we won't be their friends?   Good lord!  

Yeah, I nearly spit my coffee out. Nikki Haley?? Is that the best the GOP has? At least she's not Michelle Bachman, I guess.

10 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan McCain is SO unhappy, pissed off, and wrong for this show.  She talks about representing Republicans.  But when Whoopi brings up the Republicans opposing and obstructing Obama,  suddenly it was "I didn't do it!"  Yeah, Meghan, you are not an elected official, so you didn't do it.  But if you are going to speak for conservatives and republicans, then these are questions you need to address.  

I sort of tuned out when they were arguing about impeaching Trump, but did MM say that the Republicans didn't call for Obama to be impeached? Because, um, YES THEY DID! And I specifically recall driving past an anti-Obama billboard on the side of I-85 in South Carolina several times. Someone paid for that!

• Love 14
19 hours ago, imjagain said:

How dare Sunny stick her "beak" in everything. ...hmmm is there a  topic only some of the women can talk about???  They all talk about everything .  I've never seen the Bachelor but I can tell it sucks balls ...should I have not said that?

Before I get a slap, my  point is, if only the ones that watch the Bachelor can talk about it , who would talk about it?  Joy and whoopi don't watch. I didn't hear MM or Ana say they watched. I'm sure they all have seen enough clips of that awful show to  pick up what it's laying down. I actually would rather they didn't talk about it. But if MM can talk about what  its like to be working class in America  then Sunny can chime in about that show....just saying. 

Ain't that the truth.

I think Sunny plays devil's advocate to push the conversation the way she wants it to go because Whoopi attacks anything she says directly.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

She also pissed me off when whooping brought up how the Republicans said they wouldn't help Obama and promisedto make him a one term president,  MM. ..I didn't say that I wasn't saying that STFU MM,  the Republicans were and you know they were. Whoopi never said YOU. 

Aren't Republicans Meghan's "people"?  Isn't that what she is always saying?

45 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What I thought was the most disgusting part was Meghan bringing up the fact that gay people are being stoned to death as an excuse to say that the comparisons are not similar—using her supposed LGBT ally status, which is as phony as everything else about her imo, to blanket and protect Trump, another enemy of LGBT. I don’t know how Clay Aiken can be friends with her. She pays lip service to being gay-friendly, but it isn’t genuine and I imagine most other people in the LGBT community see straight through this vile bitch just like I do.

While it is true the United States does not allow the stoning of gay people let's not kid ourselves and pretend there isn't plenty of other ways gay people are hurt and discriminated against in this country.

• Love 13

Boy, Sunny just don't act dumb, I thinks she truly is( book smart maybe) but life. Pffft! Who does not know kids are using adderall.smh

I dont know who Yara is is, but quite honestly, she should run for president when she is older, her cool demeanour, especially sat next to Joy who is so shrewish at times, Yara really stood out.Talking about Iran, and people standing up for them..women leading that charge in Iran..yes, she is a wonderful human, and she wouldnt choose anyone to run the US   right now

She pays lip service to being gay-friendly, but it isn’t genuine and I imagine most other people in the LGBT community see straight through this vile bitch just like I do.

With all due respect, I'm not sure why you say this, Meg has been for gay rights as long as I can remember..so no,, she doesn't just pays lip service . I doubt very much if Clay and his friends think she is a vile bitch either

Yara upstaged them all. I wish we could see more from her, because she seems awesome. I didn't know that she was half Iranian, but I liked that she mentioned that women are usually in the forefront. I'm not Iranian, but as a Muslim people automatically believe that women, like myself, are oppressed and don't know how to think for ourselves when a lot of our communities have women in the forefront.

I think it was a bit annoying when they kept praising her age and eloquence, and she did look uncomfortable at time when they did that, but she really was awesome here.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Yara upstaged them all. I wish we could see more from her, because she seems awesome. I didn't know that she was half Iranian, but I liked that she mentioned that women are usually in the forefront. I'm not Iranian, but as a Muslim people automatically believe that women, like myself, are oppressed and don't know how to think for ourselves when a lot of our communities have women in the forefront.

I think it was a bit annoying when they kept praising her age and eloquence, and she did look uncomfortable at time when they did that, but she really was awesome here.

I think perhaps there arent a lot of 17 year olds that have her ability( they may have the knowledge) too say what she did so eloquently..that was my take

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is in rare form today. ]

And so was Whoopi, surprisingly! She finally attempted (weakly) to counter Meghan on her hypocrisy, bringing up the fact that Mitch McConnell vowed to make Pres. Obama a "one term president" and said that the republicans would obstruct everything he tried to do. Snotty-nose Meghan says, "I never said that." Whoopi says, "I know you didn't," and again attempted to get Elsa to understand her point.

Me the whole time: DUHHHH Meghan. Honey, we KNOW you didn't say that but if you would hush and let her finish before getting defensive it'd be helpful. That girl doesn't care to understand anything except her own views. 

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Yeah, Meghan, you are not an elected official, so you didn't do it.  But if you are going to speak for conservatives and republicans, then these are questions you need to address.  

Exactly! Ugh maybe I should follow the other ladies in this thread and stop watching the show as much because this segment made me want to pull my hair out.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

When she asked Yara "who would you look to as the hope of the country?"  And Yara said "I don't think I'd choose anyone."  Meghan was heard replying "So Sad!"

I bet she wanted to bait Yara with that question somehow. Good on that young lady for being so well-spoken and eloquent in her response.

42 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I doubt very much if Clay and his friends think she is a vile bitch either

Okay, one gay guy that we know of. Who else? I don't see her talking about or taking pictures with anyone else in the LGBTQ community except him. I think Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen interviewed her once. What has she done, what events has she participated in ect. pertaining to the LGBTQ community?

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I think perhaps there arent a lot of 17 year olds that have her ability( they may have the knowledge) too say what she did so eloquently..that was my take

True, but the first time is okay. After that I think it started to get redundant each time they did that. At times it almost felt like they were so amazed by her words that they stopped communicating with her.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 5