Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, backformore said:

BUT - Yara is one teenager.  If that's what MM meant, she was jumping to a conclusion that was not warranted.  If ONE 17 year old cannot answer "who do you think could lead?" that does not warrant the conclusion that the "younger generation" does not see any leaders.  It just means that one person, not even old enough to vote, did not have an answer to that one question. 

I thought she did have a good answer to that question. Yara's point was that no one politician is going to come in like a messiah and save everything, which is why she said 2018 needs to be the focus, not 2020.

• Love 15

So far...

Ana and Yara were both very good guest co-hosts... Greta was neither good nor bad... so I'll be intrigued to see how Niecy will be tomorrow.   If it's live, the show will be talking politics and I don't know how well versed she is on that.. but if it's pre-taped.. the fun segments will be hilarious.... and I don't think Niecy would take kindly to Meghan interrupting her..imho.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think Bannon is a vile human being, but I'm sitting back eating my popcorn and watching the house of cards come crashing down. Perhaps all these new revelations explain Trump's recent temper tantrum on twitter.

If I bring a couple orders of nachos, can I have a seat next to you?  I love watching evil people crash and burn ...it's my favorite thing.

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There were at least two gold moments on today's show. The first was when Greta tried to defend Sean Hannity by talking about how they're friends and Joy's only response was "I don't care."

Another golden moment: After MM yells at Joy to let her finish her thought, Gretchen says something about Joy and Meghan fighting, to which Joy responds with a slight shrug, “no we’re not.”  LOL!

Joy isn’t intimidated by MM at all.

7 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

If I bring a couple orders of nachos, can I have a seat next to you?  I love watching evil people crash and burn ...it's my favorite thing.

Bring a bottle of wine with those nachos and we’ve gotta deal! :)

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

About this new book coming out -- this whole thing is a shit show. I agree with Whoopi -- why in the hell would Trump invite a journalist inside the white house for an entire year?! I thought he hated the "fake news" media?! Now, as they stated on the show, his lawyer is sending out a cease and desist order to Steve Bannon. Too late, Trump! It's already a best-seller on Amazon and it's not even out yet! 

Trump probably thought he could control the narrative. That the book would show him in a favorable light.

32 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

here were at least two gold moments on today's show. The first was when Greta tried to defend Sean Hannity by talking about how they're friends and Joy's only response was "I don't care."

If that is Greta's only defense of Hannity then Greta needs better judgment in choosing friends.

I think Meghan is going to become even more shrill as we get closer to the midterms.  As the resident Republican at the View she has her work cut out for her if she is going to try to rally support for the party.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought she did have a good answer to that question. Yara's point was that no one politician is going to come in like a messiah and save everything, which is why she said 2018 needs to be the focus, not 2020.

Right.   She didn't answer the way MM wanted, with the name of one person.  MM was challenging her to name one progressive person who could lead, so that MM could then change the narrative to nitpicking about whomever she named.  Yara wasn't playing her game, which was very smart of her - she didn't allow MM to let the discussion go off on that tangent. 

• Love 15

I used to like Greta when she had on missing persons cases and decent guests related to those. (not her politics bah) But she seemed uncomfortable and a little hostile. 

I am convinced now that MM wants a split screen fight with Joy ( a la Bits and Rosey)  that she hopes goes viral to save her job. 

• Love 6

To Airi: My hodd is full of bwains, unlike your blond hodd Miss MM. Whaaaaaaaa. God I hate her. But I did enjoy that little teenage girl who is on Blackish yesterday. That is one very very sharp cookie, she's brilliant. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I was surprised the Greta didn't bother me. I was expecting her to be more of an apologist/defender for the Republicans, but I guess since their political discussion was only about Trump and the book she really didn't have an opportunity to talk about any other issues. 

I'm wondering if Greta isn't deliberately downplaying her usually strident views since she's pretty much in a job seeking mode these days and may be trying to appeal to a broader audience than she usually attracts. While she defended that cockroach Hannity, her visit today was otherwise quite "vanilla", which is very unlike her.  It's funny what unemployment will do to a TV personality looking for a home.  Being a "contributor" to various network shows or organizations might suffice for the moment. but she's too ambitious to settle for that in the long run.  She's running out of major networks to take her on in an eponymous presentation.

• Love 15

MM, you are NOT a commentator (whatever you think that is), you are a republican gal* on a TV show panel hired to give your opinion on hot topics.  Stop trying to make yourself more than you are.  You are merely the daughter of a wealthy senator.  

* had to do that.  

1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There were at least two gold moments on today's show. The first was when Greta tried to defend Sean Hannity by talking about how they're friends and Joy's only response was "I don't care."

Another golden moment: After MM yells at Joy to let her finish her thought, Gretchen says something about Joy and Meghan fighting, to which Joy responds with a slight shrug, “no we’re not.”  LOL!

Joy isn’t intimidated by MM at all.

Yes, oh yes, the best of today's show!  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

MM, you are NOT a commentator (whatever you think that is), you are a republican gal* on a TV show panel hired to give your opinion on hot topics.  Stop trying to make yourself more than you are.  You are merely the daughter of a wealthy senator.  

I consider a "commentator" someone who is actively sought out because of their background and knowledge on certain subjects. Who is seeking Meghan McCain's insight into anything aside from talking about subjects on "The View"?

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I'm wondering if Greta isn't deliberately downplaying her usually strident views since she's pretty much in a job seeking mode these days and may be trying to appeal to a broader audience than she usually attracts. While she defended that cockroach Hannity, her visit today was otherwise quite "vanilla", which is very unlike her.  It's funny what unemployment will do to a TV personality looking for a home.  Being a "contributor" to various network shows or organizations might suffice for the moment. but she's too ambitious to settle for that in the long run.  She's running out of major networks to take her on in an eponymous presentation.

She was a massive fail on MSNBC.  Her face is unfortunate.. Too much plastic surgery.  She got replaced by Ari Melber who is killing it on his show. He is brilliant, earnest, insightful, fair, goofy and does not suffer fools gladly. I love how he uses his past as a lawyer to bring gravitas to his discussions. I cannot praise this man enough..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was a massive fail on MSNBC.  Her face is unfortunate.. Too much plastic surgery.  She got replaced by Ari Melber who is killing it on his show. He is brilliant, fair, goofy and does not suffer fools gladly. I love how he uses his past as a lawyer to bring gravitas to his discussions. 

That brings up a good point.  What does Meghan's past as a.............? bring to the discussion?

• Love 9

Meghan can spout off all she wants to about wage disparities/etc.   OF COURSE, she can walk off a job if there's something she doesn't like*.  Very few of us have EVER been able to do it.  We bide our time...try to work out things--we bite our lips and keep on truckin' because we have to support ourselves and (usually) others.   Sometimes there's a way out; often there is not.

*I assume she will do something like that soon.

• Love 22
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was a massive fail on MSNBC.  Her face is unfortunate.. Too much plastic surgery.  She got replaced by Ari Melber who is killing it on his show. He is brilliant, earnest, insightful, fair, goofy and does not suffer fools gladly. I love how he uses his past as a lawyer to bring gravitas to his discussions. I cannot praise this man enough..

^^^ x 1000.  I love his show.  Well said!!!

• Love 7

Please, someone NEEDS to make a .gif of the top of Meghan's head about to blow off as she shrieked that "the journalists apparently have all access at all times!" I must have replayed it five times. To think, there are JOURNALISTS running around the White House!!!  Call the exterminators! Call the exorcists! Call Area 51!

Hy-flipping-sterical!

• Love 24

All this debate about salaries and how women's salaries should be equal to men's...i wish they'd acknowledge their own salary disparities. I'm guessing Whoopi makes double or triple what some of the other ladies makes. Oh, but she's the moderator. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

MM: "My hodd is going to explode." .... her hodd...

Her hodd, her ass, whatever.  Please let something trip her wire so she stomps off the set, never to return.  Oh - and I hope the door does hit her on that ass on her way out.  Her entitled ice queen persona has reached its sell-by date.

• Love 16

Just like Trump, Meghan needs a foil - a villain to play off of.  Joy's the only logical choice and she won't play that game no matter how much she's baited. So where does Meghan go from here if she can't engage anyone on the panel?

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, backformore said:

On MM's first day, she talked about the split screen with Bits and Rosie, and how proud she was to be sitting in the same seat as Bitsy.  Then she said she was anticipating fighting with Joy.  So, yeah, it seems her intent, or her JOB, is to bait Joy into something similar to the Rosie/Bitsy fight.  

MM keeps trying, Joy seems amused by it, and doesn't fight back. 

What Meghan fails to realize is, that unlike Rosie, Joy has very thick skin. She can take anything and everything that Meghan throws her way. Rosie was (and still is) very sensitive and emotional. Not to say that Rosie can't stand up for her beliefs or back up her opinions, because she clearly can, but that was just a set up for ugly by Geddie and he got his money's worth.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, backformore said:

On MM's first day, she talked about the split screen with Bits and Rosie, and how proud she was to be sitting in the same seat as Bitsy.  Then she said she was anticipating fighting with Joy.  So, yeah, it seems her intent, or her JOB, is to bait Joy into something similar to the Rosie/Bitsy fight.  

MM keeps trying, Joy seems amused by it, and doesn't fight back. 

Do you think that anyone on the panel would engage Meghan in that type of argument?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Just like Trump, Meghan needs a foil - a villain to play off of.  Joy's the only logical choice and she won't play that game no matter how much she's baited. So where does Meghan go from here if she can't engage anyone on the panel?

Arizona?  :)

Edited by Wings
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Greta herself was pretty dull though. I barely paid any mind to what she was saying, so much of it was just piddling around the topics without talking about them directly.

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was surprised the Greta didn't bother me. I was expecting her to be more of an apologist/defender for the Republicans, but I guess since their political discussion was only about Trump and the book she really didn't have an opportunity to talk about any other issues. 

I think Greta is trying to soften her image.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Tunia said:

You nailed why Greta was subdued.   High five. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Do you think that anyone on the panel would engage Meghan in that type of argument?

No.

59 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh, I am praying for a real cat fight myself. Yum. ?

Nyet. That would be sinking to her level and beneath everyone. They are not skanky trash, but adults.

37 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Ummm..... no.  Let's keep this an adult show.

Agree.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

No. Today Whoopi did that “finish your thought” or whatever babying crap she says when poor little so-called tough chick Meghan can’t dominate the conversation. 

As long as Whoopi is moderating, I don’t think there will any split-screen drama. When things get heated Whoopi always cuts to break or interjects what she thinks about a topic - to diffuse the tension I guess.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

As long as Whoopi is moderating, I don’t think there will any split-screen drama. When things get heated Whoopi always cuts to break or interjects what she thinks about a topic - to diffuse the tension I guess.

Or the producer in her earpiece is telling her to break to commercial.  The show is now under the news division and that’s not something news does.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or the producer in her earpiece is telling her to break to commercial.  The show is now under the news division and that’s not something news does.

Ohhh I’m late! I didn’t know they were under the news division now. Makes sense.

25 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

No. Today Whoopi did that “finish your thought” or whatever babying crap she says when poor little so-called tough chick Meghan can’t dominate the conversation. 

Tough chick upgraded herself today to gangsta. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

The thing with Greta is that she's a little old to appeal to network execs.  The face job doesn't help - I think she would have had more credibility had she left it alone.

Ugly goes right to the bone.

• Love 2