Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Tanichka said:

The thing with Greta is that she's a little old to appeal to network execs.  The face job doesn't help - I think she would have had more credibility had she left it alone.

Greta was ALWAYS "different"-looking, and as I remember back in the day, (25-30 years ago), that was her appeal--a smart, no nonsense,  woman--kind of Sarah, Plain and Tall--remember that tv movie?  Glenn Close, I think?

Greta was not the blonde, cute, cookie-cutter tv talker/pundit/commentator. I didn't care for her politics, but I respected her minimal-makeup, natural look.

Until she moved to bigger tv venues, and got work done, and blonded her hair. But it didn't help her face, cuz Greta is just different-looking. And she didn't really keep up with her potential in politics and became boring and irrelevant.  Seriously, I didn't know that she still had a show,  although I don't watch Faux either. Her demeanor today was soft-shoe dancing around trying to be diplomatic to everyone, which is ultra boring. 

BTW, my friend came into the room when the View was on and (not knowing any of the women, except  Whoopi), asked abt Greta--"What happened to her nose?"

He also asked who the heavy one was. 

MM 's red sweatshirt?  WallyWorld? Or Thrift World vintage 80's rack? 

I noticed MM mentioned a few times  that she likes to cook.......Cook Book Alert coming, as soon as the ghost writer  can git it done,  and dedicate it to Daddy McCain. Squirrel and possum stew YUMYUMYUM.

Im sorry, but I hate when white people try to talk Black or urban or tribal or whatever the fuck that "gangsta" is. It's embarrassing and stupidly inappropriate for her age as well. MM is just a mean crab, not intimidating.  

Edited by Tosia
Trying to be coherent while texting with one finger.
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Im sorry, but I hate when white people try to talk Black or urban or tribal or whatever the fuck that "gangsta" is. It's embarrassing and stupidly inappropriate for her age as well. MM is just a mean crab, not intimidating.  

It reminded me of the time that Madonna had a fling with Tupac Shakur, may he rest in peace.   She said that she felt gangsta...lol   I remember Tupac wrote her  a very nice letter and that note proved that his tough persona belied a sensitive soul...That letter was stolen and sold without Madonna's permission..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

I noticed MM mentioned a few times  that she likes to cook.......Cook Book Alert coming, as soon as the ghost writer  can git it done,  and dedicate it to Daddy McCain. Squirrel and possum stew YUMYUMYUM.

LOL I wish hilarious things like this could come to me so easily.

• Love 4

I don't know why Meghan has to always call SEDONA as the home of their family ranch.  It's not Sedona, it's CORNVILLE...and much more charming and tiny.  Perhaps she thinks no one would know where Cornville is, but if she would mention it as often as she does Sedona...people would know.  Put it on the map, MM.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Bring a bottle of wine with those nachos and we’ve gotta deal! :)

Me too! Me too! As always, I’ll bring margaritas and chocolate. This will be an interesting few days, I think.

Edited by Love2dance
Better word
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It reminded me of the time that Madonna had a fling with Tupac Shakur, may he rest in peace.   She said that she felt gangsta...lol   I remember Tupac wrote her  a very nice letter and that note proved that his tough persona belied a sensitive soul...That letter was stolen and sold without Madonna's permission..

So off topic but him and Rosie from “The View” were really good friends as well. She said in an interview that she actually hooked Madonna and Tupac up. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

They all were yelling (practically) at the same time. And they were all talking about different aspects of the book. UGH. I turned it off- it was chaos.

I know.  I can't stand it when people are talking at the same time and you can't hear anyone.  Like a bunch of chickens clucking.

Meghan's pink lipstick with a red shirt was distracting.

• Love 3

Wow, Niecy Nash unfortunately couldn't co-host today so guess who is replacing her? Ana Navarro! Yay!

This show today is GOING OFF THE RAILS without Whoopi reigning everyone in and telling Meghan McCain to "finish her thought,' LOL. I have to re-watch this episode later, there are too many golden moments! I'll talk about the first segment.

They're talking about Michael Wolff's new book, which brings into question Trump's troubling mental state and whether he is fit to be in office. Joy says she believes he has short term memory loss and further explains what she means. MM asks, "are you a doctor?" Joy jokingly says, "I don't need a degree to diagnose him!" Crowd erupts. Further chaos/talking over each other ensues. Meghan damn near blew a gasket, LOL. Whoopi's not there to "let her speak" and she almost went off the rails lol.

I do caution against diagnosing people when you're not privy to a person's medical records or if you're not a professional but Joy said she wasn't diagnosing him.  It was merely an observation, and a good one. When he's off script, he is repetitive and his vocabulary is very limited. Sunny brought up an important point: Trump's dad succumbed to Alzheimer's and it's common knowledge that it's hereditary (not saying Trump has it, just worth mentioning).

Poor widdle Meghan McCain said she feels like she's being lectured to, she asks Ana Navarro if she prefers democratic senators, she cries about never feeling as misunderstood as she feels being on the show, wahhh, wahhh, wahhh! 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 21

OMG - Joy is giving it back to Elsa today.    MM needs to reign it in, she is being such a brat.  Let Ana bring up her point of view, which is that there really is a battle for the soul of the Republican party.  Ana is a pretty vocal fiscal Republican so she has a viewpoint to consider (really consider).  Calm down Elsa and you can than get a decent thought/point across.

• Love 19

MM is not happy being on a show with panel members who disagree with her Republican viewpoint.  She made that clear today when she didn't like hearing Friday's co-host & fellow Republican, Ana Navarro speak out against TIIC,  and Ms. McCain immediately started talking over her to prevent the audience from hearing what Ana had to say.  If I had the power to choose between the two ladies, I'd rather see AN on the panel, because she's  professional, smart, funny  & tells it like it is.  She also doesn't grouse/complain about being surrounded by Democrats.

Edited by honeydo7
  • Love 20

Meghan said she feels lectured to.  No, Meghan, it's called discussing events and disagreeing with each other.  Poor baby.

I predict she won't last long.  After the show, she'll be crying to the producers and calling her hubby saying she can't take it another day with these women.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I'm sorry - I can't comment on today's show because my heart is just breaking for poor (marginalized) Meghan.  sob

Lol, this made me bust out laughing, my 7 year old and dog just stared at me like I was crazy.....

Joy had me lol today !  She was hilarious.  

MM we understand the Trump supporters. We really do, stop trying to expain them to us, you are not changing my mind about them. Save you breath. 

MM has alot of nerve to say she feels like people are lecturing her on the show. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 18

I just couldn't follow Meghan's logic. Help me out here:

• She said that Wolff's book won't make a difference to hard-core Trump supporters (Meghan also strawmanned that Joy doesn't like to hear that there are loyal Trump supporters, which I've never heard Joy or anyone else say).
  • Sunny said it matters to most Americans.
  • Ana said that Trump supporters will stick with Trump even though they have previously gone with Steve Bannon guys.
  • Joy asked Meghan why it was ok for a minority (Trump supporters) to control the rest of the Republican party.
  • Meghan returns to Sunny's point and says Trump supporters deserve "credit" and aren't getting it because their values are different.

So here's my question: What "credit" are Trump supporters deserving of that they are not getting? They are powerful. Even though polls show that they are a minority voice, they still drive political conversation, and Meghan herself said they turned the tide in the presidential election. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I just couldn't follow Meghan's logic. Help me out here:

• She said that Wolff's book won't make a difference to hard-core Trump supporters (Meghan also strawmanned that Joy doesn't like to hear that there are loyal Trump supporters, which I've never heard Joy or anyone else say).
  • Sunny said it matters to most Americans.
  • Ana said that Trump supporters will stick with Trump even though they have previously gone with Steve Bannon guys.
  • Joy asked Meghan why it was ok for a minority (Trump supporters) to control the rest of the Republican party.
  • Meghan returns to Sunny's point and says Trump supporters deserve "credit" and aren't getting it because their values are different.

So here's my question: What "credit" are Trump supporters deserving of that they are not getting? They are powerful. Even though polls show that they are a minority voice, they still drive political conversation, and Meghan herself said they turned the tide in the presidential election. 

For all her explaining of Trump supporters,  she really leaves more questions than answers,  right? 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

(Meghan also strawmanned that Joy doesn't like to hear that there are loyal Trump supporters, which I've never heard Joy or anyone else say).

This made me so mad. Once again, Meghan is putting words in Joy's mouth, as if she's been indoctrinated to believe very left-leaning liberals like Joy think like this. What the hell is wrong with her? If she doesn't have basic comprehension and listening skills, maybe she should hire someone to teach her. 

7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

So here's my question: What "credit" are Trump supporters deserving of that they are not getting?

She was all over the place. I had no idea what she was talking about. Sounds like talking points from her previous place of employment.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I'm sorry - I can't comment on today's show because my heart is just breaking for poor (marginalized) Meghan.  sob

Who was, and then wasn't, being lectured to since she started the show. Do everyone a favor MM, leave. Then you can include it in your tale of woe with how exhausting it was for you just like California to always have to defend your stance. Does she not understand that even liberals see shades of grey? That was Anna's entire point. You can't support wrong just because it is your team. Ugh!

MM needs to rethink her career and I think blogging would be a better choice.

• Love 22

So Meghan doesn't like to be lectured but all she seems to do is lecture the viewers daily about "her people."  Alrighty then.

20 minutes ago, imjagain said:

MM we understand the Trump supporters. We really do, stop trying to expain them to us, you are not changing my mind about them. Save you breath. 

Color me confused.  Meghan wasn't a Trump supporter right?  So why does she constantly defend and make excuses for them?  They are the reason he is in office and scaring the hell out of all of us.

34 minutes ago, burghgal said:

MM needs to reign it in, she is being such a brat.  Let Ana bring up her point of view, which is that there really is a battle for the soul of the Republican party.  Ana is a pretty vocal fiscal Republican so she has a viewpoint to consider (really consider).  Calm down Elsa and you can than get a decent thought/point across.

I have no idea which side of the Republican party Meghan is for.  With Ana I get a clear idea of where she falls but MM is all over the place.

• Love 23
30 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan said she feels lectured to.  No, Meghan, it's called discussing events and disagreeing with each other.  Poor baby.

Yet she feels it's her burden to have to lecture constantly explain to the panel and audience why the Trump base sticks with him.  

That snippy remark about catching her dad's disease was childish. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Meghan wasn't a Trump supporter right?  So why does she constantly defend and make excuses for them?  They are the reason he is in office and scaring the hell out of all of us.

I have a theory. She doesn’t like Trump but she doesn’t want to be a part of the “fake news” liberal media who supposedly constantly bash Trump. She doesn’t want to be labeled a RINO like her dad or Ana. So basically, she doesn’t have a backbone and it’s party over country for her.

• Love 17

I'm glad MM brought up the Dow, that people are working. My friend got back from the US and said everywhere seems busier, so I also agree with MM on the lectures Sunny gives them, and that we don't hear any good things. I did use the FF and mute a lot, so I likely missed a lot of the nattering hens.. I do love my Paula, cool calm and collected. One time I stopped the FF, as I didn't know who it was, Kardashian sister,what did she do to her face? 

Everyone seemed extra hyper, Joy must drink a lot of coffee, wow! Settle down Joy..

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That snippy remark about catching her dad's disease was childish. 

That remark was embarrassing and I almost felt embarrassed for her until I remembered that she’s a grown ass woman who should know better. That’s NOT what Sunny said or even implied, at all. She’s emotionally immature and doesn’t know to debate about anything political with people who hold different views. This girl was clearly never told “no” as a child. Spoiled little rich girl is how she comes off.

• Love 18

Meghan wasn't a Trump supporter right?  So why does she constantly defend and make excuses for them?  

I think because some people defend anything a president does. That's what my family and friends have said..

The only thing I agreed with Meghan about is that the economy is doing well, however I don't know if people who aren't invested in the stock market are seeing the effects.  The biggest problem is that people like Meghan take legitimate criticism of Trump and his team as a liberals complaining just to complain.

• Love 9

My take on Meghan is that she just doesn't want to be fully locked in to one solid position and have it out there on public record.  IMO she wants to be able to wiggle out of positions or disagreements by saying "I never said that".  Once she takes an absolute stand, she can no longer make that claim. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

The only thing I agreed with Meghan about is that the economy is doing well, however I don't know if people who aren't invested in the stock market are seeing the effects.  The biggest problem is that people like Meghan take legitimate criticism of Trump and his team as a liberals complaining just to complain.

That's true. 

I think they could all do with a little meditation, like the guy at the end, no, a lot of meditation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I predict she won't last long.  After the show, she'll be crying to the producers and calling her hubby saying she can't take it another day with these women.

Please!  She makes watching very stressful.  

I was happy to see Ana fill in. Wasn’t going to watch with Niecy.

Edited by Tanichka
Trying to delete duplicate-doesn’t seem to work. Sorry.
  • Love 11

Pleasantly surprised to see Ana on again. Please just hire her already View! Meghan "Gangsta" Mccain is such a bad fit for this panel. I wonder if she will soon stop showing up on Fridays, without Whoopi there to run interference for her. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Tunia said:

My take on Meghan is that she just doesn't want to be fully locked in to one solid position and have it out there on public record.  IMO she wants to be able to wiggle out of positions or disagreements by saying "I never said that".  Once she takes an absolute stand, she can no longer make that claim. 

I wonder if Meghan would even be a Republican if she hadn't been raised in a Republican family.  Some of  her beliefs are not in line with the Republican party agenda.  With her dad dying maybe she feels like she has to continue his legacy or whatever.    Not a lot of kids of politicians come out as being of a different political persuasion than their parent.  Patti Davis and Ron Reagan Jr. being exceptions.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Please!  She makes watching very stressful.  

I was happy to see Ana fill in. Wasn’t going to watch with Niecy.

MM and her Megsplaning need to go.  She seems to be incapable of discussing or disagreeing about current events with her fellow co-hosts and that is her job.  Today she complained/whined about being lectured to by her co-workers.  Meghan that is not a lecture, your Megsplaning is how you lecture your co-hosts.  MM is not informative or entertaining, she is just stressful to watch.  

• Love 21