"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Haleth said:
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Megsplaning

Awesome. You win the Internet today. 

6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

yes yes yes Megsplaining wins the entire Internet today and every day. Haven't watched the show yet, it's not cocktail time here in Atlanta yet. Sounds like I will need mega cocktails to get through this fresh hell today.  (Actually it is always drink city, because I am retired and it is always cocktail time, but I am trying to be good today). Burp~ ?

Thank you for declaring me the today's winner of the internet.  :) I NEVER win anything.  Tomorrow I am going out to buy a lottery ticket. ;)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I think they know...and because they had no vote in the selection they DO continue to shake their heads.           (Kenz, is that your dog in your profile pic?  Very cute.)

Yes, Former Nun, that's our dog, Kojii. Thanks for calling her cute!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, when he appeared on the show last Fall.

Clay also appeared as a guest on Meghan's radio show several times in 2016 (where she regularly bashed Trump, believe it or not), and they spent election night together at her apartment waiting for the returns.  So they go back a ways.  She refers to him as her bestie.  It's a head-scratcher.

• Love 5

I think Meghan needs to go back to school and study something that allows her to learn how to grapple with difficult questions and argue effectively.  Did anyone notice her getting hives? In this clip her chest gets redder and redder as time goes by.  I actually feel kind of bad for her.  She needs to be coached on how to lighten up and not take everything so personally.  Both Greta and Ana did better at just being a part of the group.    

• Love 12

I think MM's hair was on fire the moment she found out Ana would be co hosting instead of Neicy. She was blindsided because it was weather related. Neicy couldn't get in and Ana couldn't get out. Things went south from there. 

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, xldb2004 said:

I think MM's hair was on fire the moment she found out Ana would be co hosting instead of Neicy. She was blindsided because it was weather related. Neicy couldn't get in and Ana couldn't get out. Things went south from there. 

That's a really good observation, XLDB2004. Meghan knows that Ana, a fellow Republican, can make her look bad, since Ana is smart, funny, and speaks very, very well. I'll bet learning that Ana would be there started Meghan out in a super foul mood.

• Love 13

Ana talked about looking at individual candidates instead of voting party lines.  her example was Alabama.  the others discussed it, Sunny saying "country before party".  Meghan says "we did. he lost. your candidate won.  I don't see what the argument is."  Yeah, it was more of a DISCUSSION than an argument, but Meghan was getting defensive.  If she wanted to add to the topic, she needed to stop with they "your candidate/ my candidate"  stuff, and just give her own opinion.  She didn't offer an opinion about the topic which was about republicans voting for a democratic candidate if they thought the person was the best one for the job. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 17

So Meghan's point about trump's "base"  was that she saw two guys, one at the gas station, and one at Walmart, wearing MAGA hats.  

And her conclusion is that trump has a very dedicated base. and "the base" probably won't read Wolff's book. 

She's such a waste of space. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Kenz said:

Yes, Former Nun, that's our dog, Kojii. Thanks for calling her cute!

Oh wow, your dog is adorable!  Most dogs are but this little creature is a standout among the best. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I wonder if Meghan would even be a Republican if she hadn't been raised in a Republican family.  Some of  her beliefs are not in line with the Republican party agenda.  With her dad dying maybe she feels like she has to continue his legacy or whatever.    Not a lot of kids of politicians come out as being of a different political persuasion than their parent.  Patti Davis and Ron Reagan Jr. being exceptions.

On June 12, 2008, McCain wrote on her blog that she had changed her party registration to Republican.[1] She said she did so "as a symbol of my commitment to my Dad and to represent the faith I have in his ability to be an effective leader for our country and to grow and strengthen the Republican party when he is elected President of the United States"

I remember her doing this (and your post had me search for it) - you have nailed it!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jan Levenson said:

I think Meghan needs to go back to school and study something that allows her to learn how to grapple with difficult questions and argue effectively.  Did anyone notice her getting hives? In this clip her chest gets redder and redder as time goes by.  I actually feel kind of bad for her.  She needs to be coached on how to lighten up and not take everything so personally.  Both Greta and Ana did better at just being a part of the group.    

8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Even Paula couldn't support MM.

I don't even like Paula, and she was more likable in the above clip than Meghan.  MM just doesn't have the knowledge for this job. When Joy mentioned Eisenhower and Reagan, you could see when MM realized she didn't know much, or anything, about them.   

6 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

I think Meghan's contract demands she support Trump. There is simply no other logical explanation. [sigh]

And I think Jedi's contract demanded the same. In some ways MM parrots what Jedi used to say. And, no I don't miss Jedi, but she at least could argue "her people's" points better.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7

I am a liberal, but I enjoy listening to Republicans that make me think.  I wish Ana could/would replace Megan.  I scream at the TV when Megan is on like I do when I have to listen to 45. Neither one of them knows anything other than spouting the GOP party before country line.    

Also, Megan, glioblastoma is not hereditary.  I remember asking the doctor if that was something I needed to watch out for after my dad was diagnosed and he reassured me it was not heredity.  I do have to admit I worry a little when I get a bad headache.  I am happy that your dad is doing as well as he is. My dad lived a little over 6 months after his diagnosis. Of course, he didn't have the same medical care that John McCain has had.  Also, thankfully, treatment has gotten changed for the better in the last six years.  

• Love 18
10 hours ago, susieq147 said:

She was hired because of who her dad is.   I'm not sure if TPTB knew what a trainwreck she was going to be but her daily meltdowns/pity parties get a lot of media attention.   Back in Geddie's day that was called making sparks and was appreciated by ABC.

As evidenced this week on the show,  MM is thin-skinned and unable to speak on her feet credibly, or even engagingly. I surmise that MM will have a sell-by date of abt a year after her dad passes.  She will get his accolades from the famous and infamous,  and then,  pfft, become herself again, unfortunately.

As time goes by, her face will disappear from public view because, without John, she is nothing special. 

MM is not making friends on this show, even with other Repubs. The Drumpf base that she likes to "megsplain"  will not save her.  

Why did she leave Faux News? 

Ana is Wonder Woman! I hope she runs for president in 16-20 years, when misogyny settles down, or who am I kidding?  Maybe when WOMEN just continue to become more outspoken and powerful. 

Joy is the kind of smart traight-talker, who makes it funny, that you want for a friend, so you can discuss serious issues without getting depressed.  

Sunny is the super-smart  lawyer friend who you go to for factual info when you need it asap because you can trust her knowledge. Sunny  is also very open about her personal  life, so you're comfortable knowing that she's not perfect.  

Sara is the fun friend with whom you can laugh until wine runs out of your nose.   

This is why I watch the View.  I like the 4 women above. 

Edited by Tosia
Early morning contemplation.
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

I think Meghan's contract demands she support Trump. There is simply no other logical explanation. [sigh]

Possibly. She was invited on Joan Rivers’ YouTube show some years ago. If you all haven’t watched that interview I encourage you to do so. It’s almost like watching a different person, aside from the annoying accent.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

ABC and the View producers need to shower Ana with money, as much as it takes, to get her on the show permanently.

For all we know, it could be in the works. Ana has been on A LOT lately, as if they’re auditioning her right underneath our noses. However, Ana is anti-Trump and I’m not sure how they’d be able to pull off an entire panel of anti-Trumpers unless they increased the number of co-hosts.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Paula tried that spin that Fire and Fury is about Bannon. No, it's not. As the author himself explained this morning on The Today Show - it is about Trump's fitness for the office. 

I believe her point was that the book would drive an even further wedge between Bannon and Trump and that his voters would have to choose between the two. We've already seen this with some people turning on Bannon and blaming him for the book and losing faith in what he supports. So even though it shows Trump in a bad light, it could still help Republicans finally get rid of the things Bannon and his ilk support.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Possibly. She was invited on Joan Rivers’ YouTube show some years ago. If you all haven’t watched that interview I encourage you to do so. It’s almost like watching a different person, aside from the annoying accent.

This!! That was the Meghan I was expected and hoping for.  The sarcastic 30 something going conservative, but I was thinking about it....and I think part of her current persona is due to her dad's health and possible death in the near future.  I was exactly like her when MY mom passed after a long illness...it just happened months after her death....for Meghan, it's happening before his death.

With that said, I think maybe she should take a leave to grieve because the grind of a 5 day a week shoe is too much for her right now.  Ironically, there were 3 republicans on and she felt ambushed.  Ana seems like an old school Republican (country before party), Paula seems calmer and a closet freak (who should be back up moderator when/if whoopi and joy retire)....while Meghan makes the right look just as bad as when an extreme leftie comes on.  She also d oesnt speak for middle America or working class (I grew up in middle America and also a blue collar family..whose dad is a hardcore Trump lover...thanksgiving has been oh so fun..not).

With that said, I like hearing all views....but let's listen instead of shouting.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

This!! That was the Meghan I was expected and hoping for.  The sarcastic 30 something going conservative, but I was thinking about it....and I think part of her current persona is due to her dad's health and possible death in the near future.  I was exactly like her when MY mom passed after a long illness...it just happened months after her death....for Meghan, it's happening before his death.

With that said, I think maybe she should take a leave to grieve because the grind of a 5 day a week shoe is too much for her right now.  Ironically, there were 3 republicans on and she felt ambushed.  Ana seems like an old school Republican (country before party), Paula seems calmer and a closet freak (who should be back up moderator when/if whoopi and joy retire)....while Meghan makes the right look just as bad as when an extreme leftie comes on.  She also d oesnt speak for middle America or working class (I grew up in middle America and also a blue collar family..whose dad is a hardcore Trump lover...thanksgiving has been oh so fun..not).

T

With that said, I like hearing all views....but let's listen instead of shouting.

You put that all so well and Im in total agreement......except..... :)....had to be a but in there hah.  Except Paula.   Nooooooooooo!  Egads man!  I can barely get through GMA.  I don't know what it is, something just rubs me the wrong way.  MM really had a tough day yesterday, especially on the shrill-o-meter.  How was the Dan Harris segment?  Our ep was interrupted for some very sad local news.  Jay, im sorry for the loss of your mom.  P.s., I have the exact same dad, and had the exact same holiday hah. Thank Goodness for football!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

For all we know, it could be in the works. Ana has been on A LOT lately, as if they’re auditioning her right underneath our noses. However, Ana is anti-Trump and I’m not sure how they’d be able to pull off an entire panel of anti-Trumpers unless they increased the number of co-hosts.

Hope, hope hope!  It could work, she is still republican, just doesnt agree with some of the 'policies'.  MM is supposedly anti-45 too.  It could definitely work with Ana.  She just has more of a maturity about her and fits in better.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Jan Levenson said:

Judge Judy says when a woman's chest gets red, it means she's lying.

Ana is Wonder Woman! I hope she runs for president in 16-20 years, when misogyny settles down, or who am I kidding?  Maybe when WOMEN just continue to become more outspoken and powerful. 

She was born in Nicaragua, she isn't eligible to run for President.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I loved her new show last year.  It was wicked hysterical!  Heeeee she was very funny in it. I can't imagine anyone else in that role.  Cant wait for the new season to start and how they will do without John Lithgow **sob**

I too loved her new show and hope she gives us some details on Season 2! Sherri wasn't a great co-host, but she's good in small doses and seems like she gets along with everyone.

And if she can give me details about Trial & Error, then I'll be happy.

• Love 4
On 1/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, imjagain said:

I'll agree with you there MM isn't that sure of herself.  And why should she be that sure of herself ? I'm not sure what makes her an expert on politics . If she keeps trying school us she better up her game.

Maybe if she showed us the audience she cares about things  that don't just  affect her or people like her. I wouldn't dislike her  as much. However she hasn't shown that on the view so I'll continue to judge her on what she says on the show.

Exactly.  She lives in a bubble, always has, and is completely out of touch with people who do not live in her world.  Worse, she apparently has no interest in hearing another perspective, understanding a different point of view, or opening her mind to the struggles and difficulties endured by others,.  She can't be bothered to even pretend.   Her rants are filled with generalizations, and for some reason we're supposed to buy that she's some kind of anointed spokesperson for all Republicans, sent by a higher power to educate us all!!  She's not as informed or smart as she clearly thinks she is, and her communication skills are pretty poor.

The pouting, frustrated princess act wore thin awhile ago.  I have a great deal of respect for John McCain, as many of us do.  But she's not him - She's his daughter, and that respect doesn't automatically transfer to her simply because she thinks it should.   She hasn't done anything (as far as I know) to earn it.  This entitled chick is in over her head, far too selfish and immature to add anything meaningful to this show.

• Love 18
On 1/3/2018 at 3:59 PM, NeverLate said:

That's how I feel about Joy and Sunny I'm being schooled everyday and its their way or the highway.anyway. Time for tea :)

Joy and Sunny express their opinions, back them up with facts, often have a laugh and move on.   There's a big difference between that and MM's approach, which is almost always a lecture, complete with reprimanding and sighs as she fights tears and becomes frustrated in her attempts to "educate" the rest of the world.   She really believes she's more special and therefore should be taken more seriously.  The disrespect that oozes out of that girl on practically a daily basis makes me cringe.

Joy and Sunny have conversations, often with humor.  MM regales us with heavy-handed monologues delivered from her high horse.  With no humor.  And no desire for actual conversation.  She wants to hear her own words, no one else's, because her mind is closed.  Her arguments are based on half-facts and her own very sheltered life experience.

MM is the one who acts as though it's her way or the highway.   MM is the one who's overly serious and teetering on the edge of a crying jag far too often precisely for that reason.  The others don't agree with her, and she can't handle that.

• Love 21

Another indication of MM being immature (like we need more!) Is telling another what they think or feel.  "I know you don't like to hear this, Joy"  Hand me my rifle. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

A good arguer knows, You don't say how hard it is to hear other people have differing opinions, you don't become frustrated because you are in the minority in a group, you don't insult people for not being as gung-ho as you are, you don't say you're representing anyone's opinions except your own, and you don't get snippy when others don't change their minds.

Joy knows all this. She isn't the "so what, who cares" person for nothing. She lets differences roll off her back, and maintains a "different strokes for different folks" attitude. Meghan appears to think she is doing Very Important Missionary Work, by contrast.

Exactly.  Joy sees this show for what it is, and she sees MM for what she is.  I'm sure she finds some of it amusing (because really MM is ridiculous a lot of the time and it can be somewhat comical.)  Joy has her opinions, expresses them, then goes home and lives her life.  She is certainly not going to cry or have an emotional meltdown because someone disagrees with her.  As strongly as she feels, she is most certainly aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

[Joy] is certainly not going to cry or have an emotional meltdown because someone disagrees with her.

In fact, she made it a point to have recurring panels of experts, including people she strongly disagreed with, on her Current TV show (I never saw the HLN version). She had the God Squad; Joy is an agnostic. She had Boris Epshteyn; there couldn't be a person on earth with more different political beliefs than Joy. But she treated them all with warmth and respect, and they had some very thought-provoking conversations. Joy didn't hesitate to tell them when she thought they were full of shit, but it was fun, enjoyable for everyone.

I see Ana fitting into the show in that vein. Right now she's hatin' on Trump, but she's a Republican for a lot of reasons, and I think those reasons will become obvious if she shows up on The View on a regular basis. She has thought through why she feels the way she does, as has Joy. I don't see Meghan having a particular set of Republican values or any well-considered reasons for being a Republican other than that is what her father is. Maybe that's why she flounders and gets frustrated when called upon to defend her party?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, DebbieM4 said:

Joy and Sunny have conversations, often with humor.  MM regales us with heavy-handed monologues delivered from her high horse.  With no humor.  And no desire for actual conversation.  She wants to hear her own words, no one else's, because her mind is closed.  Her arguments are based on half-facts and her own very sheltered life experience.

MM is the one who acts as though it's her way or the highway.   MM is the one who's overly serious and teetering on the edge of a crying jag far too often precisely for that reason.  The others don't agree with her, and she can't handle that.

Right.  But another difference is that Joy and Sunny are not afraid to say what THEY think.  Meghan often refrains from expressing her own opinion.  She talks about trump's "base", about her conservative friends, prefaces ideas with "as a republican.."   She doesn't express her own opinion, she rarely commits to an opinion. She expresses the view of the GOP. Her "your guy won" made it clear that she sees it as Republican = good guys, Democrats = bad guys, regardless of the issue.  BUT,  She's afraid to support trump fully, because if he does get removed from office, she still wants to be on the right side.  If and when that does happen, she will be cheering on the Republicans who turn on him. 

The video in this thread  several posts above shows that she was against trump, but since he won, she tries to understand his supporters. (not support him herself, just understand those who do)   Well, Meghan, a lot of his "base" support him because  of his "Build a wall" and "Drain the Swamp" slogans, along with the idea that Muslims are all terrorists, Mexicans are taking away jobs,  and African Americans are violent thugs.  If she actually wants to understand the guys wearing the MAGA hats, she's doing it all wrong.  Merely COUNTING how many you see does not get you to an understanding.  Maybe she needs to ask those people to explain their views. 

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Right.  But another difference is that Joy and Sunny are not afraid to say what THEY think.  Meghan often refrains from expressing her own opinion.  She talks about trump's "base", about her conservative friends, prefaces ideas with "as a republican.."   She doesn't express her own opinion, she rarely commits to an opinion. She expresses the view of the GOP. Her "your guy won" made it clear that she sees it as Republican = good guys, Democrats = bad guys, regardless of the issue.  BUT,  She's afraid to support trump fully, because if he does get removed from office, she still wants to be on the right side.  If and when that does happen, she will be cheering on the Republicans who turn on him. 

The video in this thread  several posts above shows that she was against trump, but since he won, she tries to understand his supporters. (not support him herself, just understand those who do)   Well, Meghan, a lot of his "base" support him because  of his "Build a wall" and "Drain the Swamp" slogans, along with the idea that Muslims are all terrorists, Mexicans are taking away jobs,  and African Americans are violent thugs.  If she actually wants to understand the guys wearing the MAGA hats, she's doing it all wrong.  Merely COUNTING how many you see does not get you to an understanding.  Maybe she needs to ask those people to explain their views. 

Oh yes, I agree.  I was responding to the "her way or the highway" discussion.  Absolutely there are other differences.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Exactly.  Joy sees this show for what it is, and she sees MM for what she is.  I'm sure she finds some of it amusing (because really MM is ridiculous a lot of the time and it can be somewhat comical.)  Joy has her opinions, expresses them, then goes home and lives her life.  She is certainly not going to cry or have an emotional meltdown because someone disagrees with her.  As strongly as she feels, she is most certainly aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In the clip posted above, you could see that this is more of a Joy vs. Meghan thing instead of a viewpoint difference. Ana and Paula both share conservative views on the show, but Joy doesn't act as hostile with them as she does with Meghan. And Meghan is constantly on the defense and looking for ways to go after Joy. Even when Paula lent a helping hand by saying that Trump's base feels marginalized, Meghan still felt defensive.

Meghan has been like this since the start though, which is unfortunate. Maybe it's due to her father's illness and she just can't handle the stress at the moment, but I think once she opens up and relaxes she'll be okay. She's good during the fluff pieces, just not politics. Sara grew a lot during her time on the view, so I'm hoping the same for Meghan.

3 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

In the clip posted above, you could see that this is more of a Joy vs. Meghan thing instead of a viewpoint difference. Ana and Paula both share conservative views on the show, but Joy doesn't act as hostile with them as she does with Meghan. And Meghan is constantly on the defense and looking for ways to go after Joy. Even when Paula lent a helping hand by saying that Trump's base feels marginalized, Meghan still felt defensive.

Meghan has been like this since the start though, which is unfortunate. Maybe it's due to her father's illness and she just can't handle the stress at the moment, but I think once she opens up and relaxes she'll be okay. She's good during the fluff pieces, just not politics. Sara grew a lot during her time on the view, so I'm hoping the same for Meghan.

I do not see Joy as hostile.  She is putting her points on the table with passion.  

A parent's illness does not change your political views or what candidates you believe are doing their job well. 

We are seeing how MM reacts when she is not surrounded with like minded people or in her words "her people."  That is what.  She is a spoiled and privileged child who wants people to see her point and give it consideration.  She has decided that she is there to change minds.   I highly doubt her fathers illness has changed her personality.   

She so desperately wants to be respected but doesn't know how that works.  Labeling herself as a political commentator illustrates this perfectly.  The first time Ana was on when MM was there, she exaggerated their "friendship."  Ana does not look at her as she speaks; she turns toward Joy, nor does she engage her.  It is clear Ana seeks to separate herself from her and her views. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, Wings said:

I do not see Joy as hostile.  She is putting her points on the table with passion.  

I never see hostility, but I do see her losing patience.   WHO WOULDLN'T ???    Meghan has been there long enough and hasn't learned to play well with others.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I never see hostility, but I do see her losing patience.   WHO WOULDLN'T ???    Meghan has been there long enough and hasn't learned to play well with others.

I see that as frustration which lands under the umbrella of passion.  <big grin> 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Wings said:

A parent's illness does not change your political views or what candidates you believe are doing their job well. 

We are seeing how MM reacts when she is not surrounded with like minded people or in her words "her people."  That is what.  She is a spoiled and privileged child who wants people to see her point and give it consideration.  She has decided that she is there to change minds.   I highly doubt her fathers illness has changed her personality.   

She so desperately wants to be respected but doesn't know how that works.  Labeling herself as a political commentator illustrates this perfectly.  The first time Ana was on when MM was there, she exaggerated their "friendship."  Ana does not look at her as she speaks; she turns toward Joy, nor does she engage her.  It is clear Ana seeks to separate herself from her and her views. 

But it seems like MM views Joy as hostile, which is why she gets so defensive. She thought she'd be on the show as a republican, but didn't realize that she'd be challenged. And while a parent's illness may not change someone's views, it is probably making her even more emotional when it comes to politics. An attack on Republicans is an attack on her dying father or at least that's how it's coming across.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

An attack on Republicans is an attack on her dying father or at least that's how it's coming across.

Ahh, yes.  I can see this might be at play.  Good point. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

An attack on Republicans is an attack on her dying father or at least that's how it's coming across.

Except for the fact that all the others have not only told Senator McCain they respect and admire him, but have also said the same to Meghan. So I don’t accept that as a reason for her daily passive aggressive attacks against Joy. She even accused Ana of not being a “real Republican” because she supported Jones in Alabama and against 45. And Sunny called it when she said it shouldn’t even have to be a choice when one of the candidates is a Pedophile. And as for her bringing up her father’s cancer-in a snotty way toward Sunny-when Sunny raised the FACT that 45’s father had Alzheimer’s and it was hereditary, Meghan rolled her eyes and he response that that was basically so since my dad has glibiomastoma, are you saying I’ll get it? It was a way to deflect and change the subject because she doesn’t think that it’s a possibility for 45. 

I’m not going to add any more since everyone else pretty much said what I thought about Meghan this week. And plus, I’m not fully recovered and need to concentrate on that.

And I will end on this note: I want that black turtleneck that Ana was wearing on Friday.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Yes, it's certainly not a viewpoint difference.  It's Meghan vs. Joy because Meghan clearly targets Joy.  She's hell-bent on lecturing, belittling, and emphasizing Joy's name.  Ana and Paula don't do that.  They communicate like adults, so of course Joy responds to them differently.  I have no problem with Joy calling out Meghan for something she's said, or asking for clarification.  If Meghan doesn't like it, that's too bad.  The others question each other all the time without the animosity that Meghan brings to the table nearly every day.  

I also don't buy the whole "her father is sick so she's under stress" excuse.  LOTS of people with ill parents, children, spouses, etc. work and do a damn good job day after day.  On TV, on camera, and everywhere else.  Sure she's stressed, but she's not an icy opinionated bitch and an entitled superior princess because her father is ill.  This is who she is.  (She makes his illness all about her, anyway.)  I've known people who were seriously ill themselves and managed to work without falling back on "I'm stressed" as an excuse for everything.

Sara, who I loved from the beginning, is an entirely different type of person.  She didn't come out with guns blazing.  She found her way and has always gotten along with the others because she tried to fit in, not dominate.  She came in fully aware that she was the newbie, and she respected the others for being more seasoned.  Meghan came in with the attitude that SHE knows more than anyone, and they THEY should be learning from HER.  Sara flourished because she watched, learned, eased herself in, and found her own voice.  That's a big difference, so I think the comparison is not at all valid.  I doubt very much that Meghan will relax or improve.  I think she's an unhappy person to begin with, and if things don't go her way, she takes her ball and goes home having learned nothing about her part in what went wrong.

Edited by DebbieM4
left out a word
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Former Nun said:

But she was tapping/ drumming her fingers while Greta spoke. If Joys not careful, she's going to make herself ill. She mentioned to the meditation guy( sorry I forgot his name) something about not sleeping. That cannot be good for ones health. I've been watching her, she's hostile, but there is something else. I saw it before Meghan..I'm no fan of Joys, but when someone her age looks ill, not good, not good at all.

Edited by NeverLate

I just had to laugh and snerk when Meghan said that cheating was a deal breaker for her. I guess she won't be following in either of her parents' footsteps regarding that. I say laugh and snerk, because she holds her parents marriage as this perfect union, with them so devoted to each other--either she doesn't know (how could she not?) or is just ignoring how her parents met and got together. Her father cheated on his first wife with her mother.

And Sunny needs to tone down the stupid card she's playing.

And another topic where I was cheering for Whoopi and on her side--that there was a time when everyone, journalists, "pundits," everyday people, would dismiss the batshit craziness of Alex Jones' ilk and I forget whatever it was that Meghan was reading off from the blue cards, as pure craziness, not worth giving any credence to, and now they do. As if they're (infowars, etc.) are actually fucking legitimate.

And Meghan needs to sing a new song. I'm pretty sure the rest of the panel and the viewers are very much aware of who 45's base is. 

• Love 7

First I've heard about Joy supposedly having a hard time being on TV. The only co-host who's broken down in tears several times is McCain. The other ladies are fine. I guess that's the difference between women who worked to get where they are versus a spoiled, rich girl who used her last name to open doors.

• Love 11