Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Is going to say something positive, I thought Meghan looked very pretty with the ponytail and the jacket. Liked Ana instead of Nash.4

Oh, spoke too soon, she's Megsplaining again.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Paula tried that spin that Fire and Fury is about Bannon. No, it's not. As the author himself explained this morning on The Today Show - it is about Trump's fitness for the office. 

The Bannon quotes ,I thought Paula said. I think she is right when she said everyone was glad to see him go! Also Paula said, it was Bannon that went to bat for the pedophile ..which is something MM eluded to on this show.

That being said, I think she rightfully gets frustrated by Joy repeating false claims over and over again and pretending they are fact. Every time I've watched the show since Megan joined, I've heard Joy push the notion that the minority is running the country through Trump, leaning on his 35% approval rating. Joy keeps arguing it from a standpoint of 65% don't support Trump, so he shouldn't be in power. I'm tired of Joys cheap shots, and her turning to the clapping seals to laugh at what she's said

Of course MM should of known as the lone conservative, this would happen..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Dan had an on air panic attack? 

No, that was Meghan. Dan was just hocking a book on meditation at the end of the show. Apparently Paula went through a guided meditation and kept interrupting the instructor the whole time, lol.

• Love 2

Love that MM thinks that any journalist would want to hear what she had to say--on or off the record.  Maybe what whiskey brand she prefers. 

MM flipflops on most issues. Snottily saying that "your party won in Alabama" to shut down the conversation,  although she brings up the Clintons frequently to counter Drumpf criticism. 

Also, remember a few months ago, when they were talking abt how hot PM  Trudeau from Canada was  (or another hot guy), and MM said she preferred Americans? Interesting that MM likened her hubbie's cigars and scotch to be sexy because they remind her of  Winston Churchill--WHO WAS NOT AN AMERICAN!!!!!    So much for her patriotism ;)  (wink, wink).

Crabby-ass hypocrite. She's soooo out of her league on this show.  Not quick-witted, nor intelligent, or prepared enough to present her stance clearly or logically. AND she repeated herself  few times, rather than LISTEN to the fucking question.

Explaining is not talking louder as though someone is hard of hearing,  but defining your view, get it? 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Megsplaning

Awesome. You win the Internet today. 

ABC and the View producers need to shower Ana with money, as much as it takes, to get her on the show permanently.

• Love 22

I like when Paula is on. I know some don't like her, but she does provide a conservative view in more of a journalistic way. She was able to explain her views in a calm manner, which is nice. Plus it's funny when her journalist side comes through, like when she kept saying 'reportedly' when Joy was naming people who 'allegedly' insulted Trump. It's also funny seeing how awkward she was when Joy/Sunny went after Meghan today. She tried to help Meghan, but was drowned out.

Meghan is fine during the fluff pieces, but I wish that Meghan would show up for the political ones. I do find Joy to be a bit much sometimes, but Meghan seems to take everything against Trump as a dig against her. When everyone is against your view, then it can be easy to be defensive, but just state your piece and leave it at that. Meghan supporting Trump is fine and 100% needed on this show, it's just that she can handle people who disagree with her. I wish she wouldn't take things so seriously and take a page from Ana and Paula when it comes to things like this.

• Love 3

yes yes yes Megsplaining wins the entire Internet today and every day. Haven't watched the show yet, it's not cocktail time here in Atlanta yet. Sounds like I will need mega cocktails to get through this fresh hell today.  (Actually it is always drink city, because I am retired and it is always cocktail time, but I am trying to be good today). Burp~ ?

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I like when Paula is on. I know some don't like her, but she does provide a conservative view in more of a journalistic way. She was able to explain her views in a calm manner, which is nice. Plus it's funny when her journalist side comes through, like when she kept saying 'reportedly' when Joy was naming people who 'allegedly' insulted Trump. It's also funny seeing how awkward she was when Joy/Sunny went after Meghan today. She tried to help Meghan, but was drowned out.

Funny, that is what I don't like about her.  Journalists are trained not to show any bias or personal opinion as they are reporting.  That doesn't work on this show where the entire point is to express your personal views.  

Ana is fabulous.  She is a Republican strategist and political commentator but freely gives her personal opinion.  She does not feel she has to stick up for every Republican, no matter what.  Paula does but not to the extent MM does.  

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

yes yes yes Megsplaining wins the entire Internet today and every day. Haven't watched the show yet, it's not cocktail time here in Atlanta yet. Sounds like I will need mega cocktails to get through this fresh hell today.  (Actually it is always drink city, because I am retired and it is always cocktail time, but I am trying to be good today). Burp~ ?

LOL. We say that!! It wasn't so bad today..I think Joy illustrated why she is better just on the pamel, not a moderator.. She was abusing her position as moderator to shut Megan down. When they were talking about unsolicited advice . Megan was  talking  about people coming to her since her dad's diagnosis was shared, Joy jumped in to say that was support and not advice. She's not in those conversations. She doesn't know what is said to Meghan ... and Meghan was talking about ADVICE and not support. She doesn't cut off the other women like she did to Meg. That's a problem on Joy,and Megan is right to be frustrated by it.

Sometimes Whoopi does the same to Sunny, but she has started to say, "sorry I interrupted"..it was kind  free for all today , enjoy the cocktails

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Hopefully either Sara is back or they have Ana guest all week. No Greta or bland celebs like Niecy, please.

I hope Sara will get a few more weeks off.

Looks like Ana is guest-hosting next Monday and Wednesday. I'll start a new thread with all the co-hosts/guests for Jan 8-12.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am not trying to be shady, but, we did not see the same show today. Joy is always wonderful as a moderator. Whoopie is the one that abuses her role as a moderator. She thinks being the moderator means she is the boss and always gets the last word, by gracing us, ignorant masses, with her wisdom.  The best moderator was Meredith followed by Joy and Rosie.. Paula was good. Sherry was not bad either, surprisingly. Nicole Wallace would have been great as well, she is doing a splendid job, over at MSNBC, as the captain of her ship.

I did prefer Joy at on time, but not today, I thought she abused her position as moderator..of course it's jmho..

I'm still hunting to see when Sara is back..:) I miss her soft touch

5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I laughed at Ana's comment about her partner thinking filing his own nails was manual labour ... I didn't catch what she "liked" about him though!!??

When he goes into Home Depot..

16 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I hope Sara will get a few more weeks off.

Looks like Ana is guest-hosting next Monday and Wednesday. I'll start a new thread with all the co-hosts/guests for Jan 8-12.

Did Ana say she lives in Miami, or she stays in Miami..? 

I just thought I saw Saea in the preview, maybe not..

9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I laughed at Ana's comment about her partner thinking filing his own nails was manual labour ... I didn't catch what she "liked" about him though!!??

When she sees him with hands in the dirt planting ( partly the visual demonstration ) and when he's at Home Depot

She is delightful. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

MM is not happy being on a show with panel members who disagree with her Republican viewpoint.  She made that clear today when she didn't like hearing Friday's co-host & fellow Republican, Ana Navarro speak out against TIIC,  and Ms. McCain immediately started talking over her to prevent the audience from hearing what Ana had to say.  If I had the power to choose between the two ladies, I'd rather see AN on the panel, because she's  professional, smart, funny  & tells it like it is.  She also doesn't grouse/complain about being surrounded by Democrats.

And it's very ironic, since Navarro is a Republican.  Just not the "drank the Kool-aid" Republican.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Wow, Niecy Nash unfortunately couldn't co-host today so guess who is replacing her? Ana Navarro! Yay!

This show today is GOING OFF THE RAILS without Whoopi reigning everyone in and telling Meghan McCain to "finish her thought,' LOL. I have to re-watch this episode later, there are too many golden moments! I'll talk about the first segment.

They're talking about Michael Wolff's new book, which brings into question Trump's troubling mental state and whether he is fit to be in office. Joy says she believes he has short term memory loss and further explains what she means. MM asks, "are you a doctor?" Joy jokingly says, "I don't need a degree to diagnose him!" Crowd erupts. Further chaos/talking over each other ensues. Meghan damn near blew a gasket, LOL. Whoopi's not there to "let her speak" and she almost went off the rails lol.

I do caution against diagnosing people when you're not privy to a person's medical records or if you're not a professional but Joy said she wasn't diagnosing him.  It was merely an observation, and a good one. When he's off script, he is repetitive and his vocabulary is very limited. Sunny brought up an important point: Trump's dad succumbed to Alzheimer's and it's common knowledge that it's hereditary (not saying Trump has it, just worth mentioning).

Poor widdle Meghan McCain said she feels like she's being lectured to, she asks Ana Navarro if she prefers democratic senators, she cries about never feeling as misunderstood as she feels being on the show, wahhh, wahhh, wahhh! 

I agree about the diagnosing but a simple we don't know what  he's got going on rather than the snotty immature  are you a doctor?   Guess she's going to need to see a tinfoil hat, most of us have seen / heard/ read some kind of unraveling on a daily basis. 

Don't think Ana is going to get a BBQ invite anytime soon.

MM makes a point of talking about all the red hat Walmart folks she sees when home so wouldn't  it be good to engage with them so she can relay their frustrations to us ?  She says that's why she's there. Don't keep repeating he still has a base?  I don't remember any other conservative panel member being so frustrated and angry and sour.   Candace had a difficult day but she was not a self proclaimed political spokesperson. 

• Love 13

Well I've finally hit the cocktails, cosmos this evening, thank you very much, but still can't deal with watching today's show.  I do enjoy the snark here almost as much as I love snarking about the web site Goop.  (seriously, is she kidding?) Burp. Later Ladies...love from freezing Atlanta. ?

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Thanks to all who responded to my Ana question.  For the record, Ana lives in Miami with her long-time boyfriend/partner!!

Does anyone know what he does for a living?  Is it transferable to a position in NYC?  ;-)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Ana is fabulous.  She is a Republican strategist and political commentator but freely gives her personal opinion.  She does not feel she has to stick up for every Republican, no matter what.  Paula does but not to the extent MM does. 

Did I hear MM saying something like she couldn't believe Ana calls herself a Republican, or something like that?  This is the problem our country is having SOME people are not willing to cross the aisle.

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

MM makes a point of talking about all the red hat Walmart folks she sees when home so wouldn't  it be good to engage with them so she can relay their frustrations to us ?

Oh snap!  Excellent point!  I was thinking, "Oh sure, she shops at Walmart".  Insert eye roll.

6 minutes ago, bannana said:
  7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yet she feels it's her burden to have to lecture constantly explain to the panel and audience why the Trump base sticks with him.  

That snippy remark about catching her dad's disease was childish. 

It was childish and was uncalled for.  Just having someone in you family, especially a close family member, does make you a candidate as cancer can be hereditary.

For all you Hulu viewers:  I couldn't catch the show today and after dinner turned on Hulu at 6:00 pm and they had already loaded today's The View episode.  No more waiting until the next day.  Woo hoo!

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think he owns a hotel in Miami (but don't hold me to it).

Well, darn, I guess there's no way he'd agree to move with Ana up north.

I don't understand how Clay can continue to be friends with Meghan.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly, plus he hates Trump.  I wonder if Meghan defends Trump to him and her other Democratic friends.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Well, darn, I guess there's no way he'd agree to move with Ana up north.

I don't understand how Clay can continue to be friends with Meghan.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly, plus he hates Trump.  I wonder if Meghan defends Trump to him and her other Democratic friends.

I think she claims friendships that are figments.  Has Clay said she is a friend? 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I do find their friendship odd.  Personally I couldn't be friends with someone who aligned themselves with a party who actively tried to discriminate against me.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meghan kept looking up to her right when she was "fighting" to make her point.  What was she looking at?

I think she's looking at herself on the monitor, and she does that frequently. That's another example of how insecure and amateurish she is. After her terrible performance today, I can't help but believe the producers are shaking their heads and wondering why she was hired. She sticks out like a petulant, unintelligent sore thumb on this show.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I think she's looking at herself on the monitor, and she does that frequently. That's another example of how insecure and amateurish she is. After her terrible performance today, I can't help but believe the producers are shaking their heads and wondering why she was hired. She sticks out like a petulant, unintelligent sore thumb on this show.

I am pretty sure that viewers have been complaining about her. She is just not likeable. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

MM is not informative or entertaining, she is just stressful to watch.  

Occasionally Judge Judy will point out pink blotches appearing/growing on a woman's chest while she testifies.  Judy sometimes states it's because the woman is lying.   Because I was a "blotchy" redhead, I know it's because the person* is embarrassed or upset in some way.  Today Meghan's neckline was Blotch City.  I think she continues to be angry and frustrated that HER word...the only true word is not given the respect it demands.  Seeing her looks of frustration are more entertaining to me than those blotches.  "Humph," as they used to say in the comic books.

*We rarely get to see any men's skin below the collarbone on these shows.

• Love 19
15 hours ago, Tosia said:

Crabby-ass hypocrite. She's soooo out of her league on this show.  Not quick-witted, nor intelligent, or prepared enough to present her stance clearly or logically. AND she repeated herself  few times, rather than LISTEN to the fucking question.

And she doesn’t have much of a sense of humor, at least not on this show. Sure she laughs and makes jokes sometimes but...

11 hours ago, Kenz said:

After her terrible performance today, I can't help but believe the producers are shaking their heads and wondering why she was hired.

Today was terrible for her lol. I read elsewhere that the other ladies were “ganging up on her” today. The whole time I’m thinking, we must have been watching different shows. If anything, I feel like the other ladies were trying to understand her POV. For example, when MM complained about being “lectured” on the show and Joy asked her who she felt was lecturing her, MM had no answer. Someone on another website mentioned that Meghan gets nastier when Whoopi isn’t around and I can’t say that I disagree with that assessment but MM kind of brings it on herself. She isn’t a good debator because she takes everything personal.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 19
26 minutes ago, Kenz said:

After her terrible performance today, I can't help but believe the producers are shaking their heads and wondering why she was hired.

I think they know...and because they had no vote in the selection they DO continue to shake their heads.           (Kenz, is that your dog in your profile pic?  Very cute.)

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Occasionally Judge Judy will point out pink blotches appearing/growing on a woman's chest while she testifies.  Judy sometimes states it's because the woman is lying.   Because I was a "blotchy" redhead, I know it's because the person* is embarrassed or upset in some way.  Today Meghan's neckline was Blotch City.  I think she continues to be angry and frustrated that HER word...the only true word is not given the respect it demands.  Seeing her looks of frustration are more entertaining to me than those blotches.  "Humph," as they used to say in the comic books.

*We rarely get to see any men's skin below the collarbone on these shows.

She also hates it when the audience leans liberal in their reactions to Joy and Sunny.   She has really been living in a bubble. Her opinions have never been challenged and she is realizing that she is not the smartest person in the room and it is getting to her. I remember seeing her on Fox News decrying Hollywood and LA. At the time, I thought that it was strange for her to be so bitter.  

7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Today was terrible for her lol. I read elsewhere that the other ladies were “ganging up on her” today. The whole time I’m thinking, we must have been watching different shows. If anything, I eel like the other ladies were trying to understand her POV. For example, when MM complained about being “lectured” on the show and Joy asked her who she felt was lecturing her, MM had no answer. Someone on another website mentioned that Meghan gets nastier when Whoopi isn’t around and I can’t say that I disagree with that assessment.

My cousin who loves Fox news used to say how the liberals used to pick on Elizabeth. I had to school him and had him watch a show, just to see it for himself. He was horrified by her, as much as I was.. He had never watched the show, he just heard that the liberals were being mean to the lone conservative and he believed it..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Did he watch her on Fox, @Apprentice79 ? If so, what did he think of her?

He thought that she was cool. She was in friendly territory. It was seeing her on the view that made him pause.  He just assumed that the liberals were picking on her. Misinformation and disinformation have been around for a long time and that has had a lasting effect.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Ana lives in Miami with her long-time boyfriend/partner!!

So did Rosie, with her wife. She commuted. That's why The View went to four-day live shows when she was on the first time. It can be done.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Did I hear MM saying something like she couldn't believe Ana calls herself a Republican, or something like that?  This is the problem our country is having SOME people are not willing to cross the aisle.

Oh snap!  Excellent point!  I was thinking, "Oh sure, she shops at Walmart".  Insert eye roll.

It was childish and was uncalled for.  Just having someone in you family, especially a close family member, does make you a candidate as cancer can be hereditary.

For all you Hulu viewers:  I couldn't catch the show today and after dinner turned on Hulu at 6:00 pm and they had already loaded today's The View episode.  No more waiting until the next day.  Woo hoo!

Yep, that's what I love about hulu. That and I can watch my Coronation Street. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Kenz said:

She was hired because of who her dad is.   I'm not sure if TPTB knew what a trainwreck she was going to be but her daily meltdowns/pity parties get a lot of media attention.   Back in Geddie's day that was called making sparks and was appreciated by ABC.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She has really been living in a bubble. Her opinions have never been challenged and she is realizing that she is not the smartest person in the room and it is getting to her.

Exactly. She doesn't know how to argue effectively, and so she ends up taking it personally, which manifests in her acting like a mean girl and getting snippy like a teenager. It's not flattering. At. All.

I've mentioned that I come from an All-Republican All-The-Time family. We are also a family that likes to argue for entertainment (I know, it's weird, but....) So as the sole liberal, I learned to argue.

Rule 1 - Never take it personally when someone argues against your politics. It's NOT an attack against you.

Rule 2 - Don't drag in other subjects if someone disagrees with your politics. It weakens your point.

Rule 3 - You will never "convert" most people away from their own opinions. And that's okay.

If ABC is determined to stick with Meghan, they really should get her some coaching in how to effectively present her viewpoint without melting down.

If BaWa were still on the panel, "Tough Chick" Meghan would be crawling into her lap like Elisabeth did, asking for protection from the mean, horrible women who (don't) lecture her and who refuse to learn The True Path from her.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Yep, that's what I love about hulu. That and I can watch my Coronation Street. 

Hmmmm...I "subscribed" to watch Handmaid's Tale and kept forgetting to unsubscribe...but never watched.  I'll rethink my decision...procrastination.

• Love 1

Well, here we are at the end of the week - granted it was only 4 on-air days - but yes folks, The View had exactly ONE guest for the entire week (Dan Harris) who came on with 10 minutes left in the show to hawk his book.  What a way to start the new year.  Are they even the slightest bit embarrassed by this?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

She was hired because of who her dad is.   I'm not sure if TPTB knew what a trainwreck she was going to be but her daily meltdowns/pity parties get a lot of media attention.   Back in Geddie's day that was called making sparks and was appreciated by ABC.

I wouldn't call  MM's whining anything near "sparks."  More like a tire going flat.  With valley girl vocal fry. 

• Love 18