Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

Yeah, I nearly spit my coffee out. Nikki Haley?? Is that the best the GOP has? At least she's not Michelle Bachman, I guess.

I sort of tuned out when they were arguing about impeaching Trump, but did MM say that the Republicans didn't call for Obama to be impeached? Because, um, YES THEY DID! And I specifically recall driving past an anti-Obama billboard on the side of I-85 in South Carolina several times. Someone paid for that!

They also made it clear that Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, as Attorney Generals, were being watched closely, for any perceived infraction on their part.  They were ready to act for any impropriety.  Articles of impeachment, were already drafted, for Eric Holder.  Just in case....   I wonder what they have in common with President Obama.  I will let you guys decide for yourselves. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I think it was a bit annoying when they kept praising her age and eloquence, and she did look uncomfortable at time when they did that, but she really was awesome here.

Yeah - I though it was kind of patronizing.

2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Do you know where your vagina is located?  

Pretty sure most people don't know it's the interior.  Google it - there's a diagram.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan sweetie, Joy is not going to fall for your juvenile snotty rich bitch tactics so give it a rest and take a seat.  Joy taught high school in one of the worst high schools in NYC.  She knows how to handle your self-absorbed childish entitled ass.  She treats you like one of her unruly students, and will not let you derail the conversation and twist her words.  You can not win that fight so get yourself together and keep in mind that if she wanted to Joy could verbally eviscerate you. 

So why doesn't she? I think MM holds her own, especially today! So if Joy can do all this, do it. All I hear from Joy are the same tired lines over and over..today was no exception.

19 hours ago, imjagain said:

How dare Sunny stick her "beak" in everything. ...hmmm is there a  topic only some of the women can talk about???  They all talk about everything .  I've never seen the Bachelor but I can tell it sucks balls ...should I have not said that?

Before I get a slap, my  point is, if only the ones that watch the Bachelor can talk about it , who would talk about it?  Joy and whoopi don't watch. I didn't hear MM or Ana say they watched. I'm sure they all have seen enough clips of that awful show to  pick up what it's laying down. I actually would rather they didn't talk about it. But if MM can talk about what  its like to be working class in America  then Sunny can chime in about that show....just saying. 

MM gets called out, I call Sunny out. Especially when there is so much prissy Missy doesn't know.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NeverLate said:

So why doesn't she? I think MM holds her own, especially today! So if Joy can do all this, do it. All I hear from Joy are the same tired lines over and over..today was no exception.

The same can be said for Meghan who constantly feels that she has to always defend the Republican perspective, no matter what.. She feels that she is there to convert the audience who are watching the show. She is a petulant child who is out of her depth. Even Whoopie, is starting to push back on her childish behavior..

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The same can be said for Meghan who constantly feels that she has to always defend the Republican perspective, no matter what.. She feels that she is there to convert the audience who are watching the show. She is a petulant child who is out of her depth. Even Whoopie, is starting to push back on her childish behavior..

No, no she's not trying to convert anyone. I'm not sure where you get that idea. Whoopi and Meg had a good conversation, nobody but posters said she wasn't going to. Meg enjoys a liittle push back imho. I find Sunny to be petulant and childish, what women hides her face from the word vagina? What a princess Sunny is, ugh! 

• Love 1
Just now, movingtargetgal said:

Joy does not go after MM because Joy is a respectful adult who knows better than to argue with a child.  Joy is able to make her point and disagree with someone without being disagreeable.  MM becomes very defensive and has a nasty attitude when she disagrees with others.  She grew up very privileged and was the apple of her father's eye I think that is why she behaves like a spoiled brat when she is challenged.  If she would stop taking the other ladies questioning her opinions as a personal challenge and keep her attitude in check, her performance on the show would be much better.  I can't take MM seriously because she comes off as a snotty teenager and no matter how good or bad her argument is I not only just don't want to hear it, I want to send her to her room.

I guess we all see something different. I don't think MM is as sure of herself as everyone thinks .As for Joy, she's older, she's been on this show for a long time. I just find her to be a one trick pony, just meaner. I've never been a fan, with or without Meghan, so each to their own.

I am not a Republican, that doesn't stop me trying to see what Meg pov comes from, this show has always drowned one another out, it's not new. I don't find MM snotty, anymore than you find Joy mean and crusty. Our differences are what makes for a good show. I just wish they had more guests, at one time I'm sure they did.( shrug) 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I guess we all see something different. I don't think MM is as sure of herself as everyone thinks .As for Joy, she's older, she's been on this show for a long time. I just find her to be a one trick pony, just meaner. I've never been a fan, with or without Meghan, so each to their own.

I am not a Republican, that doesn't stop me trying to see what Meg pov comes from, this show has always drowned one another out, it's not new. I don't find MM snotty, anymore than you find Joy mean and crusty. Our differences are what makes for a good show. I just wish they had more guests, at one time I'm sure they did.( shrug) 

I'll agree with you there MM isn't that sure of herself.  And why should she be that sure of herself ? I'm not sure what makes her an expert on politics . If she keeps trying school us she better up her game.

Maybe if she showed us the audience she cares about things  that don't just  affect her or people like her. I wouldn't dislike her  as much. However she hasn't shown that on the view so I'll continue to judge her on what she says on the show.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I'll agree with you there MM isn't that sure of herself.  And why should she be that sure of herself ? I'm not sure what makes her an expert on politics . If she keeps trying school us she better up her game.

Maybe if she showed us the audience she cares about things  that don't just  affect her or people like her. I wouldn't dislike her  as much. However she hasn't showed that on the view so I'll continue to judge her on what she says on the show.

That's how I feel about Joy and Sunny I'm being schooled everyday and its their way or the highway.anyway. Time for tea :)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I'll agree with you there MM isn't that sure of herself.  And why should she? I'm not sure what makes her an expert on politics.

No doubt she's insecure being on that panel but she knew before the ink dried on the contract what kind of show she was signing up for...

I think being on the show makes her realize she's not as well-versed in politics outside of her own as she thought she was. For example, that time she assumed Joy wanted to repeal the 2nd amendment and today, assuming Joy wanted Trump impeached simply because she doesn't like him. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

No doubt she's insecure being on that panel but she knew before the ink dried on the contract what kind of show she was signing up for...

And it's finally obvious to a wider audience that she has been coddled too long...maybe 25 years too long.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

No, she's not. But since day one, she claimed and continues to claim she's a "tough chick" and not a snowflake and didn't even let the meanies in California get to her, and so left California to come East to be with "her" peoples. She's a vile and hateful person, who just refuses to listen to those whose opinions are different from hers and facts.

54 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think being on the show makes her realize she's not as well-versed in politics outside of her own as she thought she was. For example, that time she assumed Joy wanted to repeal the 2nd amendment and today, assuming Joy wanted Trump impeached simply because she doesn't like him. 

Please see my post above. And then her "This is SOOO HAAAAARD! for meeeeee!" Why? I thought you wuz a tough chick?

49 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And it's finally obvious to a wider audience that she has been coddled too long...maybe 25 years too long.

30. I'm going with 30 years too long.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I was surprised Whoopi pushed back on Meghan a bit. I was impressed with Yara. I hope she comes back.

My guess is Whoopi has finally realized that Meghan is flaming out and she's throwing her to the wolves. Bring on Ana already!

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

My guess is Whoopi has finally realized that Meghan is flaming out and she's throwing her to the wolves. Bring on Ana already!

Yes please. They really need Ana to replace Meghan. And I use to like Meghan in her pre Fox days!

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

My jaw dropped after Joy questioned why Rep leadership wasn't being more assertive and Meghan replied with " I do know Republican leadership, Joy."  She said it in such a snotty, disrespectful way, totally misunderstanding Joy's point. Very rude. 

I loved that, shut Joyless up! LOL

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Haleth said:

My jaw dropped after Joy questioned why Rep leadership wasn't being more assertive and Meghan replied with " I do know Republican leadership, Joy."  She said it in such a snotty, disrespectful way, totally misunderstanding Joy's point. Very rude. 

Just reading that, I can hear her voice and tone in my head, and it makes me fume.  So disrespectful.  So glad I didn't watch today.

I did watch some of The Talk today, but it's so boring with their completely uncontroversial topics. But at least none of them are attacking their fellow co-hosts. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

And Whoopi ...women CANNOT send vagina selfies because you CANNOT take a picture of your vagina with a phone. Do you know where your vagina is located?  

THANKYOU!!! It drives me crazy that this is a constant mistake.  Arrrrrrghh.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Yes please. They really need Ana to replace Meghan. And I use to like Meghan in her pre Fox days!

I agree!  I had no idea she did a stint at Fox until she was hired on this show.  I did enjoy her pre-fox days and liked her "new-face-of-GOP".  What the hell happened?  Brainwashing?

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She said it was her job to explain and she just goes off track.  All she  said was I know a lot of people in power one way or another.... And then on to we shouldn't be alarmed by his tweets.   I see such anger in her I can only imagine/.shutter about what she will be like when she's Joys age. You obviously see Joy as mean (in all the years I've seen no sign of meanness not  stubbornness and found her well rounded IN control happy  in her life lady).  you've  even used the expression MM "set us straight"   She has proclaimed it's her job to explain the cultural divide and  she said she's failing and I agree , bring on the well rounded very competent experienced in so many fields  Ana 

I hate that she thinks everyone, but her, is just so stupid and unread.  It makes me want to kick the tv.  Her know-it-all attitude is really grating.  Her job is to take a stand, sure, but it should not be a prepared statement by another network it should be her own thoughts.

49 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Did I actually hear Meghan say that it's too early to condemn Trump, that we should wait until something nuclear actually happens as a result of his tweets? Dear Lord. These are weapons that can wipe out half the world and he's treating them like trading cards, and we are wrong to condemn this behavior?

Our standing in the global community will take years and years to repair.  It is a shame he is literally destroying us from the inside out.

I came her to complain about Sunny and her living in a rose covered cottage.  How could she not know about Adderall being used improperly?  It has been news for at least 20 years?

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

I agree!  I had no idea she did a stint at Fox until she was hired on this show.  I did enjoy her pre-fox days and liked her "new-face-of-GOP".  What the hell happened?  Brainwashing?

I hate that she thinks everyone, but her, is just so stupid and unread.  It makes me want to kick the tv.  Her know-it-all attitude is really grating.  Her job is to take a stand, sure, but it should not be a prepared statement by another network it should be her own thoughts.

Our standing in the global community will take years and years to repair.  It is a shame he is literally destroying us from the inside out.

I’ve always noticed Meghan has shaped her talking points based on what outlet she is writing for or is a pundit on. In her pre Fox days she was reasonable because she wasn’t on conservative outlets.  I think being with other republicans on Fox didn’t help. For whatever reason she had decided her mission on the View is to take everything there Republican Party does personally.

• Love 5

it should not be a prepared statement by another network it should be her own thoughts.

When the hosts are coached, they fail. Geddie coached Bitsy and ultimately it didn't work. Meghan's being told what to say by someone (new hubby?) and it doesn't ring true. Say your piece and back it up with your own thoughts, not regurgitated talking points. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

You'd be surprised just how many people think there is a button, Joy refers to it like it's sitting on his desk, mean B! 

LOL, even Trump thinks he has a button. And Joy knows he doesn't.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 21

I can't get over how smart and eloquent Yara Shahidi is. She is 17 years old. 17!! When I was 17 I could hardly speak with any adult confidently. Here she is on national television talking politics and social issues with a panel of professional hosts. My faith in youth is restored.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

False

Well okay, Sunny proved to me twice on today's show, she isn't very bright. 

1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

I can't get over how smart and eloquent Yara Shahidi is. She is 17 years old. 17!! When I was 17 I could hardly speak with any adult confidently. Here she is on national television talking politics and social issues with a panel of professional hosts. My faith in youth is restored.

I agree 100%. She shamed the rest of them in her delivery..

4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

She didn't answer the question did she ? She can be rude and disrespectful but Joy is mean?  It was a question we would like to have a response from the resident self appointed political expert.  She said it was her job to explain and she just goes off track.  All she  said was I know a lot of people in power one way or another.... And then on to we shouldn't be alarmed by his tweets.   I see such anger in her I can only imagine/.shutter about what she will be like when she's Joys age. You obviously see Joy as mean (in all the years I've seen no sign of meanness not  stubbornness and found her well rounded IN control happy  in her life lady).  you've  even used the expression MM "set us straight"   She has proclaimed it's her job to explain the cultural divide and  she said she's failing and I agree , bring on the well rounded very competent experienced in so many fields  Ana 

Maybe by the time MM is in her 70's she'll have accomplished something on her own therefore confident in what she has to bring to the table , in the meantime I say she's out of her league.   She's  being  just as coy as Sunny with her I can't believe I'm talking about sex after being quoted as being strictly dickly 

She's reinforces the normalization of the crass tweeting unstable president while at the table every single  day. . Most of us find nothing normal adult or presidential about it.  We see what we see and I'd like to see  her elsewhere like back in the Fox famil. 

I've read all this in her thread, isn't there more to The View than Meghan? I'm not being rude, I just enjoyed the show today because of a guest.A special young lady.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, backformore said:

When she asked Yara "who would you look to as the hope of the country?"  And Yara said "I don't think I'd choose anyone."  Meghan was heard replying "So Sad!"  what a bitch!!!!! It's SAD that a politically aware teenager, who has never yet been old enough to vote, doesn't have an immediate answer as to the one person who could fix the country?   NO, it's not sad.  LISTEN to this young woman's opinions, don't challenge her. You could learn from her.  She is smarter than you will ever be, and she thinks for herself, and can speak about her opinions clearly and respectfully.  She didn't take shots at anyone else on the panel.  At 17, she is speaking about the problems in the country.  Your "so sad" was a jab at her NOT HAVING THE ANSWERS to these problems! 

Yes that was pretty low.  Yara was impressive.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I think it was a bit annoying when they kept praising her age and eloquence, and she did look uncomfortable at time when they did that, but she really was awesome here.

I agree.  There were two times when, instead of actually responding to the CONTENT of what she said, they responded by marveling at how well-spoken she is for someone so young. 

It's a little like, when a woman expresses an opinion, men marvel at how she is so smart for a pretty girl - instead of reacting to what she says.  

• Love 12

It's a New Year, but some things never change:

• Whoopi is still treating Elsa with kid gloves.  If that had been Jed, or really anyone else, who was so snotty and petulant today, Whoopi would have been screaming at her.
  • Elsa is still a bitch toward Joy, for no known reason.  Today she snarkily said Joy's name several times, when telling her she was answering her direct question, and when saying that Trump still has his base that agrees with him, and Joy obvi doesn't like that.  She comes across as insecure, in over her head, and just plain stupid.  Her argument against why people should not be talking impeachment is that they started talking impeachment on day one. That's right, Elsa, cause we already had the evidence of his BSC self.  She wants to wait until he incites a nuclear incident to start talking impeachment.
  • Whoopi is still lecturing Sunny, who should really tell her to step off.  Today it was because Sunny said she liked multi-generational living situations, like the one Joy described and her family has.  Whoopi then had to launch into a lecture about leaving poor Gramma alone and not dumping the kids on her and giving her her freedom, which she has earned and deserves.  Sunny says she likes have her mom nearby and there for her kids, to which Whoopi replies, I know you do. 

In defence of Elsa, when she said "sad" in reply to Yara saying she could not name a future leader that she would want, I think Elsa's meaning behind saying "sad" was that it is sad that the younger generation doesn't see leaders out there.  She had already told Yara that she admired her for her political understanding and activism. So I didn't take that as a dig, but I could be wrong.  Believe me, I don't like to defend her, cause I can barely stand to watch her.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, bannana said:

In defence of Elsa, when she said "sad" in reply to Yara saying she could not name a future leader that she would want, I think Elsa's meaning behind saying "sad" was that it is sad that the younger generation doesn't see leaders out there.  She had already told Yara that she admired her for her political understanding and activism. So I didn't take that as a dig, but I could be wrong.  Believe me, I don't like to defend her, cause I can barely stand to watch her.

I'm pretty sure that's what she meant. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Whoopi then had to launch into a lecture about leaving poor Gramma alone and not dumping the kids on her and giving her her freedom, which she has earned and deserves.  Sunny says she likes have her mom nearby and there for her kids, to which Whoopi replies, I know you do. 

Why doesn't Whoopi simply do what she needs to do: look into the camera and speak SPECIFICALLY to her daughter and granddaughter who expect Whoopi to take care of all their needs--including childcare?  Don't intimidate the other mothers on the panel.

• Love 16

Andddd Meghan's head nearly exploded again during the first segment. She screamed at Joy: "let me finish my sentence!" She really needs to go.

About this new book coming out -- this whole thing is a shit show. I agree with Whoopi -- why in the hell would Trump invite a journalist inside the white house for an entire year?! I thought he hated the "fake news" media?! Now, as they stated on the show, his lawyer is sending out a cease and desist order to Steve Bannon. Too late, Trump! It's already a best-seller on Amazon and it's not even out yet! 

I think Bannon is a vile human being, but I'm sitting back eating my popcorn and watching the house of cards come crashing down. Perhaps all these new revelations explain Trump's recent temper tantrum on twitter.

Meghan pointed out some reasons why the author may not be credible but I agree with other the ladies -- I thought Trump surrounded himself with the best people?! He didn't do a background check on this guy's credibility as a journalist first?! And going back to my initial point: I thought he hated the "fake news" media?! 

I also agree with Joy -- what in the hot hell qualifies Ivanka Trump to run for anything?! I'm not sure how much of what was said in this book is true but the whole "cease and desist" thing is quite telling. Like Whoopi said, get some thicker skin, Trump!

Greta Van Susteren was a snooze fest and I don't think she added much to any of the conversation today.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny doesn’t seem to be particularly worldly, but, she’s a very smart woman. 

...and sometimes that is SO annoying.  We deal with people that we know have high IQs, great educations, and then it's shocking that they just don't "get it" in common life situations.  I have a couple of lifelong friends like that and after 60-70 years, it's almost impossible to overlook.  Sunny's coy/innocent persona doesn't jibe with the "prosecuter" vibe she wants to present.  It's almost creepy.  If it's an act, it's DEFINITELY creepy.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, bannana said:

In defence of Elsa, when she said "sad" in reply to Yara saying she could not name a future leader that she would want, I think Elsa's meaning behind saying "sad" was that it is sad that the younger generation doesn't see leaders out there.

BUT - Yara is one teenager.  If that's what MM meant, she was jumping to a conclusion that was not warranted.  If ONE 17 year old cannot answer "who do you think could lead?" that does not warrant the conclusion that the "younger generation" does not see any leaders.  It just means that one person, not even old enough to vote, did not have an answer to that one question. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Sunny's coy/innocent persona doesn't jibe with the "prosecuter" vibe she wants to present. 

I wonder if footage of Sunny as a prosecutor in action inside a courtroom exists. It would be interesting to see.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

When she said "If Ivanka is qualified to be president, so am I,"  the audience applauded and cheered.  I hope she understands that they were not saying she WAS qualified, just that the idea was equally ridiculous - a talk show host, or a shoe designer - neither is qualified. 

The audience should have had the balls to ignore whoever was prompting them to applaud and cheer and should have instead, LAUGHED at the ridonkulousness of such a premise, because in Harley's words, "It is, to Laugh." The laughter would have rammed the point home how neither is qualified.

• Love 10

There were at least two gold moments on today's show. The first was when Greta tried to defend Sean Hannity by talking about how they're friends and Joy's only response was "I don't care." And then late in the hour when Whoopi said she has no control over who is on the show, then she gestures at Greta and says, "Obviously." Greta herself was pretty dull though. I barely paid any mind to what she was saying, so much of it was just piddling around the topics without talking about them directly.

• Love 11

I was surprised the Greta didn't bother me. I was expecting her to be more of an apologist/defender for the Republicans, but I guess since their political discussion was only about Trump and the book she really didn't have an opportunity to talk about any other issues. 

• Love 3