Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/1/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MON JAN 1/18 - not on

TUE JAN 2/18 -  S21, E73  Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; Day of Hot Topics.

WED JAN 3/18 - S21, E74 Yara Shahidi guest co-hosts.

THU JAN 4/18 -  S21, E75  Greta Van Susteren guest co-hosts.

FRI JAN 5/18 - S21, E76  Niecy Nash guest co-hosts; author Dan Harris.

For anyone that missed the news, Sara had her baby on Dec 23

http://people.com/babies/sara-haines-welcomes-daughter-sandra-grace-first-photo/

• Love 3

Can't wait for Ana Navarro. Here is the feisty, informed conservative voice they've been looking for, and she was right there all the time.

Interesting the GMA pipeline continues. Dan Harris is the latest in a long line to make the trek over to The View.

I used to really like Niecy Nash when she hosted Clean House. She could be kind, empathetic, and crack the whip, whatever the situation demanded. But that was about about ten thousand blowjob jokes ago. I am not looking forward to her appearance.

• Love 9

I'm looking forward to Ana as well.

And dreading MM. As much as I love Biden and his comforting her I think The View is not a platform for  MM as the daughter of a Senator that is seriously ill and her public grieving.

I feel very unkind about saying that - I've been through it at 70 yrs and I think it should be private among family and friends. In addition I'm annoyed there are discussions that are not allowed because MM is there.

• Love 12

I sincerely hope  that MM stays by her father's side and does not return to the show.  

She is not quick enough or prepared adequately to represent Repubs or conservatives or anyone, except  rich people who have not made their own fortune, i.e., inherited $ and jobs due to family influence.

Im praying for John McC's comfort from pain,  AND for Ana to take over on the show. 

Niecy Nash was good on Reno 911 and in small doses. 

Remember that smNiecy was the one who encouraged Sherri Shepherd to latch onto that slime of an ex- who has the baby from the surrogate,  and leaches $ from Sherri regularly;  not that Sherri is blameless.  

Greta's time is over; she's no longer relevant. Since her show is cancelled, I guess she has lots of free time. I smell a book in the works. 

Happy New Year! 

• Love 10
On 12/30/2017 at 11:41 AM, Wings said:

My hope....Ana is not really the guest host, they are going to announce she will be replacing MM.  I know, I know, take the needle out of my arm.  sigh

I think they are auditioning even though it maybe a while.  The more she's there, the more likely, hopefully.... 2 thumbs up!!

2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Ana has repeatedly said she is not willing nor able to move to NYC. 

Yea, but a contract might change that...

4 hours ago, Aileen said:

Niecy was hysterical in Scream Queens.

Looking forward to Yara. She's very intelligent.

I Loved SQ! So bummed its cancelled.  Niecys still alive out there frozen in time

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

They've announced all the guest co-hosts, but no guests other than Dan Harris?

I wish they'd hv booked him when Sara is back.  They have such a great report, very funny .is that spelled right?  Yikes   repoire? No, that looks worse

On 12/31/2017 at 5:22 AM, Tosia said:

I sincerely hope  that MM stays by her father's side and does not return to the show.  

She is not quick enough or prepared adequately to represent Repubs or conservatives or anyone, except  rich people who have not made their own fortune, i.e., inherited $ and jobs due to family influence.

Im praying for John McC's comfort from pain,  AND for Ana to take over on the show. 

Niecy Nash was good on Reno 911 and in small doses. 

Remember that smNiecy was the one who encouraged Sherri Shepherd to latch onto that slime of an ex- who has the baby from the surrogate,  and leaches $ from Sherri regularly;  not that Sherri is blameless.  

Greta's time is over; she's no longer relevant. Since her show is cancelled, I guess she has lots of free time. I smell a book in the works. 

Happy New Year! 

Well put Tunia, totally agree.  Loved her in Reno 911.  Bloody hysterical, along with Wendy

Edited by Tammee
Fixing name, sorry
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I wish they'd hv booked him when Sara is back.  They have such a great report, very funny .is that spelled right?  Yikes   repoire? No, that looks worse

I believe you're looking for "rapport", Tammee.  :)

21 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Well put Tunia, totally agree.  Loved her in Reno 911.  Bloody hysterical, along with Wendy

The quote you're referencing here, Tammee, should actually be ascribed to Tosia.  I, Tunia, can't tolerate Niecy Nash!  JMO/LOL

• Love 3
On 12/30/2017 at 9:56 PM, maggiemae said:

In addition I'm annoyed there are discussions that are not allowed because MM is there.

I didn't know this.....what discussions aren't allowed?????

• Love 1

Or any unpopular  bills that McCain signed off on. ..i.e. tax bill.  

No more political talk. 

I'm looking forward to fresh, new snark.  Happy New Year sll!

So glad that you're back, GScorpios!

Edited by Tosia
I'm not a faux tough girl. Did not want to get in trouble.
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Ana has repeatedly said she is not willing nor able to move to NYC. 

I don't think she'd be able to legally talk about it especially if contractual agreements are in the works. Plus, a lot of people say they aren't going to sign on to a show and end up doing it in the end. Not saying she will be replacing MM but just a thought.

Also, she's been a co-host multiple times, sometimes back-to-back. It's just interesting and appears to be an "audition" or "trial run" of sorts.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 2

MM was about to lose her shit during the conversation about protesters in Iran. She drank that coffee, or water, or whatever the hell is in that mug with such frustration, LOL. I'm glad Joy let her know that nobody is comparing protesting in America to protesting in Iran. 

Once again, she tried to go after Joy and once again, looked like a fool.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 22

I think MM just took a subtle jab at Ana. Sunny asked her if she didn't like the New York Times and her response was something along the lines of, "oh I hate the New York Times, as any good Republican should."

Color me surprised! Meghan hates a reputable, long-standing, highly influential, and reliable newspaper. Newsflash, Elsa: NYT will be around long after we're all gone. Get over it.

I'm glad Ana didn't take the bait - although I kind of wish she would have.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 11
(edited)

I watched the first segment up to the commercial break, then turned it off.  I've made a New Year's resolution to try to back away from all the political discussions arguments that are everywhere these days, as I don't think all that negativity is mentally healthy.  And, just reading the latest posts, and seeing that already MM tried to go after Joy, it seems I made the right decision. I may turn the show on from time to time, and will likely still read this forum, but I think it's time to take The View off my daily watching schedule.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, jalady said:

That's right Joy; school that blonde twit!  Damn right there are lots of things we need to  protest - and protect - during the Orange Overlord's reign over our country!!!

Omg, loved it! Joy was on fire! 

MM is an idiot. 

• Love 14

Goodness!  MM comes back sour as ever.  They were discussing why Trump never goes after the ladies on "The View"(current ladies), and Joy laughs and says "Because he is Afraid of Us" :) and MM sat there looking as sour as she could.   But,  I loved seeing Ana Navarro, she is always funny, and sharp...I like her a lot.  She would be a good Sub while Sara is on Maternity leave.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Goodness!  MM comes back sour as ever. 

It started out good but quickly went downhill. Meghan became more exasperated as the show went on and the topics turned political.

On another note, I hope the kid who filmed a dead body and uploaded it to his YouTube channel loses his fan base. What a sicko - and all for likes.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Tunia said:

I believe you're looking for "rapport", Tammee.  :)

The quote you're referencing here, Tammee, should actually be ascribed to Tosia.  I, Tunia, can't tolerate Niecy Nash!  JMO/LOL

Heehee, I struck out on that one.  Rapport!  Thank you, struck out on that one too!  Yet here I sit in front of a tablet, could have looked it up, but nooooo :) starting 2018 off right!  Happy New Year Everyone!  :)

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think MM just took a subtle jab at Ana. Sunny asked her if she didn't like the New York Times and her response was something along the lines of, "oh I hate the New York Times, as any good Republican should."

Color me surprised! Meghan hates a reputable, long-standing, highly influential, and reliable newspaper. Newsflash, Elsa: NYT will be around long after we're all gone. Get over it.

I'm glad Ana didn't take the bait - although I kind of wish she would have.

She also called the New York Times "The New York Slime". 

• Love 6
Just now, Jaded said:

She also called the New York Times "The New York Slime". 

I was kind of appalled by that comment. NYT isn’t TMZ or The National Enquirer. It’s been in exsistence since 1851 and has more than 100 Pulitzer Prizes under its belt.

• Love 20

Love Ana. SHe is smart and very funny. 

MM's accent, whatever it is, drives me up the wall, among other things about her that have been mentioned upthread. 

Loved Joy, as usual and she was on fire. I agree!

I like Sunny a lot, but the way she pronounces some words perplexes me.  She's educated, an atty, and speaks for a living. [/nitpick]

• Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I watched the first segment up to the commercial break, then turned it off.  I've made a New Year's resolution to try to back away from all the political discussions arguments that are everywhere these days, as I don't think all that negativity is mentally healthy.  And, just reading the latest posts, and seeing that already MM tried to go after Joy, it seems I made the right decision. I may turn the show on from time to time, and will likely still read this forum, but I think it's time to take The View off my daily watching schedule.

Joy shut MM right down on that shit, though, which was gratifying. Still, I'm considering dropping it, too. I think I mostly weaned myself off of MSNBC over the holidays, but they were showing repackaged stuff, so I suppose that doesn't count.

Today, I wanted someone to smack Sunny upside the head. I know she's educated and accomplished, but I'm afraid she comes off as only book smart to me. They were talking about that YouTube tool Logan Paul (he went to Japan's Aokigahara Forest colloquially known as the "suicide forest": explanation of Paul's antics, backlash, apology, and more backlash).

So, Sunny... she's talking about the above, and then says:

"I wasn't sure how I felt about it (i.e. Logan Paul finding and showing a suicide victim's corpse on his YouTube channel) when we talked, because I remember last year, we were talking a lot -- especially Sara, she was very into 13 Reasons Why, right which was that show -- Netflix -- that also talked about suicide and showed a suicide. And we were talking about whether or not it glorified it or not. And my son watched it. I didn't know it, but he watched it. And I was kinda horrified, and then he said, 'No. I wanted to see it. It was important for me and my friends to talk about it'." 

Whoopi interjects, "But that's not what this is. That's not what this is."

Sunny: "Why is it so different?"

General Days: Because it's an actual dead body, you nitwit. Not an actor playing a role. How is that not different? Ugh. I mean, Meghan McCain looked 10x more intelligent and up on the issue than Sunny did. 

Unrelated, but also stupid, what was up with Whoopi introducing the Newsweek/MLK corpse picture story with, "On what we think is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King."

No. We don't think it. April 4, 2018 will actually be the 50th anniversary, you nincompoop.

Clearly, Santa forgot to leave me patience in my stocking. I think I'd be much happier watching the Joy Behar and Sara Haines View. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM's accent, whatever it is, drives me up the wall, among other things about her that have been mentioned upthread. 

Ha!  When Whoopi was doing her Valley Girl thing, then Meghan said something I cracked up because they sounded exactly the same!

9 minutes ago, General Days said:

Yeah, I said out loud "because one of them is fiction!"

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, General Days said:

Sometimes I wonder if she plays dumb on purpose. I'm not sure how she doesn't understand the difference between a fictitious Netflix series focused on suicide and some fool filming an actual dead body in Suicide Forest. Come on Sunny, you're smarter than that!

16 minutes ago, General Days said:

Unrelated, but also stupid, what was up with Whoopi introducing the Newsweek/MLK corpse picture story with, "On what we think is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King."

No. We don't think it. April 4, 2018 will actually be the 50th anniversary, you nincompoop.

LOL! 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 4

Meghan sure looked nice. They all looked rested, Whoopi locks herself away in a room, okay them. Pot was a gateway drug for one family member, it was a tough time. I just know roads will get worse with pot being legal, it stinks imnsho.

Ana, enough botox and fillers please, you couldn't raise your brow. These women, even Joy, with hardly any expressions make me cringe. Not something I normally say, but Trump was right in what he tweeted about Iran, and didn't Anna agree? 

The're back!..lol Looks like MM isn't going anywhere.. Yay.

She many be book smart, otherwise, Meh not so much.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1

I saw Ana raising her brows during the diet topic, so I'm not sure what you mean. Still, I think they've all (with the exception of Whoopi) had let's call it needlepoint work done, including Meghan, but like Meghan, Ana is on the heavy side, and unlike Meghan, she's a Latina in her mid-40s. Her facial is likely to be less time-worn than the average non-Hispanic white woman thanks to melanin (and the extra weight). One of the Gabor sisters said after a certain age, it's your figure or your face, and I think there's some truth to that. Oh, look at that. Time for my beauty brownie.

14 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Sometimes I wonder if she plays dumb on purpose. I'm not sure how she doesn't understand the difference between a fictitious Netflix series focused on suicide and some fool filming an actual dead body in Suicide Forest. Come on Sunny, you're smarter than that!

A lot of times when I'm watching Sunny, I feel like she's playing dumb, or "girlie" on purpose and it rubs me the wrong way. I have found myself shouting, "BE BETTER," at her, through the TV. A lot of times, people on this board express distaste for how they perceive Whoopi's treatment of Sunny. It's stuff I never catch, and I think that's because I'm too busy rolling my eyes at her, myself.

To be fair to Sunny, the suicide scene in 13 Reasons Why was pretty explicit, and yet (imo) it, itself didn't glorify suicide at all. That said, I did wonder if the larger premise did. I watched it because I have kids that age, and I wanted to be prepared in case they did watch it.

But yeah, a fictional story about suicide versus deciding to look for ghosts in a forest where people kill themselves, because the culture still isn't up to speed on treating people who have depression, then snickering about finding a real dead body and uploading it to your YouTube channel, where you sell your merch are two different things.  Sunny. Damn it.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, General Days said:

A lot of times when I'm watching Sunny, I feel like she's playing dumb, or "girlie" on purpose and it rubs me the wrong way.

I like Sunny but I have to agree and I think I've mentioned this in earlier threads. I wonder if she feels like she has to "dumb it down" sometimes while being on the panel? I'm not calling any of the other ladies dumb but I've seen her on other channels and she doesn't put on that coy, "girlie" act. The tough attorney chick comes out.

13 minutes ago, General Days said:

A lot of times, people on this board express distaste for how they perceive Whoopi's treatment of Sunny. It's stuff I never catch, and I think that's because I'm too busy rolling my eyes at her, myself.

I don't think Whoopi has treated Sunny like crap in awhile but hey, it's a new year so she has plenty of time.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 1

Had to see what you gals thought of the new show today, I tried to watch and they were all screaming and talking at the same time, I turned it off. Gave me the runs and put me in a bad mood. I noticed immediately that Miss Thang (MM) was being a total jerk as usual....Blaughhhhhhh. 

• Love 5

I saw Ana raising her brows during the diet topic, so I'm not sure what you mean. 

Not very high.lol...she had work done over the holidays!

Whoopi and that damned valley girl voice, make it stop!

Sunny on a diet, what BS! Sheesh...

Glad Meg mentioned no plus sized girls on the bachelor, they all look blonde and  skinny..but the girl with short hair was mentioned, but an uproar? Nah...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I've made a New Year's resolution to try to back away from all the political discussions arguments that arere these days, as I don't think all that negativity is mentally healthy.  And, just reading the latest posts, and seeing that already MM tried to go after Joy, it seems I made the right decision. I may turn the show on from time to time, and will likely still read this forum, but I think it's time to take The View off my daily watching schedule.

I am on a news diet.  I want to stay informed without allowing myself to become overwhelmed to the point of sadness and despair that I feel sometimes.   It is horrible for my mental health and ability to create a joyful life.  I look to shift my thoughts to what makes me happy and am doing that more and more.  

1 hour ago, General Days said:

Clearly, Santa forgot to leave me patience in my stocking. I think I'd be much happier watching the Joy Behar and Sara Haines View. 

I would love that! 

1 hour ago, General Days said:

Joy shut MM right down on that shit, though, which was gratifying. Still, I'm considering dropping it, too. I think I mostly weaned myself off of MSNBC over the holidays, but they were showing repackaged stuff, so I suppose that doesn't count.

I will continue to watch The View but I have weaned myself off MSNBC too.  I pick up news items on FB that friends post and a glance is often enough to get the gist.    

Ana is a breath of fresh air.  Love this woman.  MM take note of her independent thinking.  And your fathers rib recipe is on the 10 sites on page one of a google search, btw. 

http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/11/john-mccains-rib-recipe-in-crockpot.html

I hate Whoopi's valley girl accent.  How would she like it if one of the other women lapsed into a black dialect all the time.  Ugh, drop it.  

Loved the dieting talk but stay off The Bachelor.  It is a cliche to criticize the obvious.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am on a news diet.  I want to stay informed without allowing myself to become overwhelmed to the point of sadness and despair that I feel sometimes.   It is horrible for my mental health and ability to create a joyful life.  I look to shift my thoughts to what makes me happy and am doing that more and more.  

Same here, on a strict diet of PBS Newshour and Washington Week In Review.  My attitude and spirit has improved greatly.  Will only DVR this show for an interesting guest star.  Only DVRing Friday's show for Neicy, hope she has news about Claws.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Same here, on a strict diet of PBS Newshour and Washington Week In Review.  My attitude and spirit has improved greatly.  Will only DVR this show for an interesting guest star.  Only DVRing Friday's show for Neicy, hope she has news about Claws.

Yes, it helps to DVR any show that discusses the news.  FF is a fabulous mood booster.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yes, it helps to DVR any show that discusses the news.  FF is a fabulous mood booster.  

I think I pretty much record everything now. Especially this show, where many topics have the same theme.

I take newsbreaks, because it's overwhelming, especially this 24/7 news, so shows like the bachelor is where I can snark and take a break..happy new year!;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I also forgot to mention that just because gay people aren't getting "stoned" and beheaded here in the USA doesn't make it 100% safe for them.

There are places in this country where being Gay or Trans could still get you killed.  Trans women of color don't have a long life expectancy in this country.  The average age is 35 years old. I remember during the inception of Black lives matter, a group of Black, trans, women, mobilized, in order to get their voices heard as well. Since they are often marginalized and forgotten.  They are a minority within a minority.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

By having Ana on, a conservative who can speak intelligently, be funny, and brush off criticism easily, it only amplifies the amateur, sour actions of Meghan McCain, who lacks all of Ana's qualities and is on the show only because of her connection to her father.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I like Sunny but I have to agree and I think I've mentioned this in earlier threads. I wonder if she feels like she has to "dumb it down" sometimes while being on the panel? I'm not calling any of the other ladies dumb but I've seen her on other channels and she doesn't put on that coy, "girlie" act. 

Just like Nicolle. 

• Love 10