Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Diva Las Vegas

• Start Topic

I have a feeling that Teddi may be a 1 season HW. Right now there isn't that much to her apart from "My dad is famous but Im really normal". I know she is literally new to this and knows NO ONE more then like 48hrs but when I remember Brandis iconic introduction to the group in her first two episodes...this seems childs play.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

She should stop wearing strapless dresses too, she kept hiking up the front of her dress every two minutes. 

Her breasts were sitting on the shelf of that bodice and half-covered.  Waiting for a wardrobe malfunction.  Not a good look.

That said, the weird clothes are part of the fun of this show!

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I know she is literally new to this and knows NO ONE more then like 48hrs but when I remember Brandis iconic introduction to the group in her first two episodes...this seems childs play.

I feel like you're comparing apples to oranges.  I enjoyed Brandi as the resident shit-stirrer but Teddi seems much more laid back from what we've seen so far.  Wasn't Brandi accusing Kim of doing drugs in the bathroom in her first episode?

Poor Adrienne.  I feel bad for someone who looks in the mirror and is so unsatisfied with what they see that they think the bloated-looking face is the logical solution.  

The last thing I want to watch is LVP and Erika being friends.  Ugh.  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I feel like you're comparing apples to oranges.  I enjoyed Brandi as the resident shit-stirrer but Teddi seems much more laid back from what we've seen so far.  Wasn't Brandi accusing Kim of doing drugs in the bathroom in her first episode?

Poor Adrienne.  I feel bad for someone who looks in the mirror and is so unsatisfied with what they see that they think the bloated-looking face is the logical solution.  

The last thing I want to watch is LVP and Erika being friends.  Ugh.  

Her first episode was bringing Cedrick to a party and her 2nd was the showdown with the Richards Sisters. Just with Brandi's entrance, I got a sense of "damn! I need more and need to know more about this chick" whereas with Teddy its more "oh a new girl" she just doesnt automatically get me intrigued. But we have a whole season to see what she will bring. RHOBH just moves a lot slower nowadays I feel like it then it did back then..

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Erika’s green track suit was hideous.  Dorit did look like she was in her pajamas and I don’t understand all the wigs etc.

There's been this fancy pajamas red carpet trend with celebrities that has never managed to make the transition from red carpet to everyday glamorous woman wear. It just looks weird even when all manner of famous pretty women wear it.

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/04/gigi-hadid-out-and-about-in-nyc-in-morgan-lane/

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/08/demi-lovato-visits-elvis-duran-and-the-morning-show-in-nyc/

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/red-carpet-dresses/a13530009/rita-ora-bathrobe-red-carpet/

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/pictures/celebrities-are-wearing-pajamas-as-streetwear-photos-w497608/

One of the few times it's worked:

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/06/maggie-gyllenhaal-in-alberta-ferretti-at-the-split-screens-festival/

So yeah, pajamas were completely on trend when Dorit wore this outfit, but it's a really bad dumb trend.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I'm so over Dorit I can't take it. Very boring episode except LVP lied about Erika not returning her texts. Maybe Erika's not that into you Lisa.  Did Dorit and her husband apologize for making nasty comments about Erika's marriage?

I thought Rinna's apology on behalf of Harry was very nice but Kyle didn't deserve that--fuck her. I hate that both she and Kim deny that anything was said about Harry and Drunk Bitch Richards just gets off scot-free.

It became very clear by the end that the reason Kyle wanted to clear the air about Harry is that she'd been running her mouth in the off season and needed to confront it and defuse it before Rinna brought it up or she was invited to an event the husbands might attend.  I don't have an issue with Hamlin discussing the Kim problem after running into Kyle the day after the reunion.  Kim is Camille running to the bathroom during her divorce levels of terrified of confrontation ever since Mauricio started doing well enough to have something to lose via the reputation this show can give a person. 

This episode seemed to be the episode where the stuff Erika and Rinna didn't like about their edits last season get put to bed and they get to start fresh.  LvP and Dorit better tone it down with the snide remarks because Dorit ain't that innocent and LvP isn't as funny as she thinks she is and both of them should take note that the mean spirited gossip eventually turns back on you when the person you are going after just takes it instead of accusing you of running a coke den.  LvP in particular is using every opportunity to talk shit about them when she is the least injured party in every confrontation.  Its irritating me.

I don't think things are going to go well with Teddi.  She seemed way too morose and sour already to survive this show without a major falling out.  I don't get why her reaction to Erika is so strong already.  It would have made more sense if she was irritated with the ones (LvP) harping on her about getting into the middle of fights because she's and accountability coach.  That had to be irritating.

• Love 14
Just now, twilightzone said:

Trashy Brandi iconic?  Seriously?  Her casting took the show to the gutter - she was too poor to fit into the BH franchise.   And her self-destructiveness where she alienated herself from the show is what eventually got her fired.  Noticed that unlike Camille, Taylor, Adrienne, Kim, she has never made a return appearance (except for a taped cameo at a Reunion).  Viewers couldn't wait to get rid of her.

Apparently, John Mellencamp will be appearing this season. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5961090

S1-5 have been 10x better then what we've gotten afterwards. Brandi ended up alienating herself from everyone but that doesn't negate that her time on the show brought the goods, especially S2/3 despite her lack of wealth. 

Now everyone tries to be the good guy and avoid the villain edit and we're still dealing with fallout from panty-gate.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Just with Brandi's entrance, I got a sense of "damn! I need more and need to know more about this chick" whereas with Teddy its more "oh a new girl" she just doesnt automatically get me intrigued.

That made me smile.  I have a friend who used to watch this franchise with me and I remember how excited we got when they previewed Brandi's fight with Kim and Kyle.  Good times!  

I agree that it sometimes takes BH almost an entire season to build up to a couple good confrontation scenes.  Sometimes I appreciate how they're able to dance around their grievances, but it isn't without frustration.  

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

OMG Dorirs screeching.....I can’t! Fuck she is annoying on so many levels. 

Dorit grates on my last nerve! Eh, I'd probably do a line with her but can't take her fake self. (just kidding) (about doing a line)

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 15
55 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I'm so over Dorit I can't take it. Very boring episode except LVP lied about Erika not returning her texts. Maybe Erika's not that into you Lisa.  Did Dorit and her husband apologize for making nasty comments about Erika's marriage?

I thought Rinna's apology on behalf of Harry was very nice but Kyle didn't deserve that--fuck her. I hate that both she and Kim deny that anything was said about Harry and Drunk Bitch Richards just gets off scot-free.

I met my father at 23 years old so virtual high five Erika. It's impossible to describe but luckily my friends aren't as horrible as the housewives so I have a great support system. 

People pretend to have this great empathy but in general I find people are just horrible to those with different experiences. Abused and abandoned children become standoff-ish adults for the most part.

Thanks for that insight, @Drumpf1737.

• Love 6

I usually love when this show starts but I have to agree that it has started off as a snooze fest.  I think Erica is super insecure by trying to be the "wild one", trying to be "cool" with the ice cube penis and hijacking Teddy's father story. I used to think she was narcissistic but this season she's coming across to me as desperate and scared to death of getting the housewife axe if she doesn't bring it this year.  It kinda seems to me that maybe they all made a pact to get along to protect their group from getting split next season? Like they are all finally ok with each other being in the group and no one is the obvious sore thumb/pretending to be rich but really broke/booze addled/Brandi-like character who is cut from the herd when contracts are renewed.  I know, it's way too early to tell ?

• Love 9

Who paid for the $5K worth of chips Erika, Dorit and Teddi each started with?  And did any of them tip the croupier?  I've never played roulette, but isn't a tip expected, even if you lose? 

I'm glad Kyle didn't expect an apology from Lisa, for Harry's comments about Kim.  If someone has an issue with my SO, they need to bring it to him, not me.  

I didn't mind Dorit before, but she's coming off as an attention whore this time around.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

There's been this fancy pajamas red carpet trend with celebrities that has never managed to make the transition from red carpet to everyday glamorous woman wear. It just looks weird even when all manner of famous pretty women wear it.

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/04/gigi-hadid-out-and-about-in-nyc-in-morgan-lane/

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/08/demi-lovato-visits-elvis-duran-and-the-morning-show-in-nyc/

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/red-carpet-dresses/a13530009/rita-ora-bathrobe-red-carpet/

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/pictures/celebrities-are-wearing-pajamas-as-streetwear-photos-w497608/

One of the few times it's worked:

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/06/maggie-gyllenhaal-in-alberta-ferretti-at-the-split-screens-festival/

So yeah, pajamas were completely on trend when Dorit wore this outfit, but it's a really bad dumb trend.

I rather like the classy pajama look, but Dorit wears a set that looks like a damn clown costume.  Hideous.

• Love 7

I really noticed Dorit and Erica are more alike, than not! I'm with Teddi, I don't care to gamble, I win and I walk away. 

It was nice to see them all getting along, but we know it won't last. That green pant/track suit Erica wore, was so fugly!! 

She married a father figure, imagine jumping in bed with that old wrinkly.. Yuck!

Rinna, no time for someone whose daughter spends $280.00 on a meal and puts in on her mothers CC,I'd strangle her if my kid ever did that!

Hamlin, what an @ss, I'm glad Kyle bought it up! 

Showing Camille's dancing 6 years ago, well swaying hair.. lol

Teddi has a really good body, wow, she worked at it, good for her!

• Love 19

I dont think Rinnas daughter just did this out the blue lol. The way they were raised and what money means to them is probably a lot different to how we were raised lol. But the girl is earning money now so if Rinna really cared, she would make her fend for herself.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Did Erika seriously order a Grey Goose and water?

lololololol I know this episode was a snoozefest and there's little to comment on, but this goes in the "She really can't do anything right in some people's eyes" folder for sure!

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Thanks for the photos - very "emperor's new clothes" IMO.  I guess you could try to class it up by adding an around-the-forehead scarf?  (Nevermind :)

46 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont think Rinnas daughter just did this out the blue lol. The way they were raised and what money means to them is probably a lot different to how we were raised lol. But the girl is earning money now so if Rinna really cared, she would make her fend for herself.

This may sound weird, but my brothers kids were raised in the way you are meaning - and they would tell their mom they were feeling sick from last night's dinner, but never call it "wagyu" or tell her the cost or snort that they put it on her card.  Which is why I think the whole conversation was put on for this show, and I guess we are supposed to find something about that, or Lisa's desire to make them more grounded, charming or admirable?  One thing my brother and SIL would be smart enough to do is not record a scene like that :)

1 minute ago, windtrix said:

I hate Dorito, PK, Rinna’s daughters and people getting things off their chest and clearing the air. I am sooooo sick of the rehash of non-events.

What I hate are the ones who start the shit stirring on nice vacations.  Dorit:  when Rinna says "nice to see you" responds "Is it really?"  Just shut up and give your fake air kisses and save it for your TH.  And of course LVP - "I'm so glad you put everything behind you" - I wish one of them would have responded, "Then why are you bringing it up?"  

As for Erika, I don't think she hijacked the father conversation  because Miss Teddi Jo, who knows a cool girl when she sees one, responded to the question of what it was like growing up with her father by saying it was no big deal, just like any of you with your father - towards Erika.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

for Erika, I don't think she hijacked the father conversation  because Miss Teddi Jo, who knows a cool girl when she sees one, responded to the question of what it was like growing up with her father by saying it was no big deal, just like any of you with your father - towards Erika.

It was Dorit that asked the question to Teddi and she was actually looking toward the end of the couch where Dorit was sitting and Erika chimed in.

• Love 14
Just now, biakbiak said:

It was Dorit that asked the question to Teddi and she was actually looking toward the end of the couch where Dorit was sitting and Erika chimed in.

Ok I stand corrected :). I was working on something and mostly listening so the segue seemed natural to me!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I'm not feeling Teddi's ~I'm too mature for this~ attitude. 

I agree. I don't like Teddi. She seems to think she's better than everyone else.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I have a feeling that Teddi may be a 1 season HW. Right now there isn't that much to her apart from "My dad is famous but Im really normal". I know she is literally new to this and knows NO ONE more then like 48hrs but when I remember Brandis iconic introduction to the group in her first two episodes...this seems childs play.

If Teddi Jo is so damn normal and never even thought about who her dad was, lived off ramen, never receives money from dad, and has a job as some sort of life coach, why is she on this show? She better step it up a notch because right now she's boring as hell. I'm trying to watch some women spend money and act like assholes. I am not interested in watching anything that looks normal to 99% of us. This is Beverly Hills. 

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

bwNeQHg.gif

Best typo of the night. 

• Love 18

Since Erika interrupted Teddi’s story about her childhood, I looked for some context and found this:

“After the divorce went through, my wife took my two little kids and moved away from Indiana, which she was allowed to do because I didn’t contest it. I had a family, and all of a sudden I didn’t. I had just done the Lonesome Jubilee tour, it was the biggest, most successful tour in the country that year, and it meant nothing to me. I was grateful that people liked the songs, but I felt like a monkey on a string. We did l90 shows, and it was like, "Oh, let's get out there and give them one more rousing chorus of 'Pink Houses."' I was like a cheerleader, and I didn’t like it.

I wrote "Jackie Brown" about myself in a different scenario: me disguised as a poor guy - not as a guy that had been successful and pretty much lost everything, which in my mind I had, because I'd lost my daughters, The song is about how you have to go outside to use the bathroom because you've sunk so low.”

http://www.mellencamp.com/news.html?n_id=2009

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12
57 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No it's that never in my life, and I have worked in bars, heard someone order a vodka and water. A vodka and tonic, cranberry, soda, 7up, Fresca a gazillion other things but never a vodka and water. 

People order vodka waters when they a) are very calorie-conscious or b) don't want to get shitfaced but don't want to make the effort to order a water separately.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Wow what did Adrienne do to piss off Bravo?

We saw her for a millisecond.

I had to go back and watch again, I missed her.  No wonder!  She is unrecognizable.  What a shame. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

If Teddi Jo is so damn normal and never even thought about who her dad was, lived off ramen, never receives money from dad, and has a job as some sort of life coach, why is she on this show? She better step it up a notch because right now she's boring as hell. I'm trying to watch some women spend money and act like assholes. I am not interested in watching anything that looks normal to 99% of us. This is Beverly Hills. 

Amen to this!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

People order vodka waters when they a) are very calorie-conscious or b) don't want to get shitfaced but don't want to make the effort to order a water separately.

Except that a vodka soda gets you basically the same thing (club soda has no calories) with some added sodium and minerals that you probably could stand to have because the alcohol is depriving you of them anyway. A vodka water is what you order if at some point you want to switch to all vodka or all water and you don't want people knowing. I guess the same could be said about a vodka soda. Maybe Erika just doesn't like club soda or carbonated water.

• Love 5

I tuned in 20 minutes late and watched while I juggled packing. But somehow, unaccountably, I found Erika less annoying than LVP and Teddi (who both seemed kind of thirsty) this episode. I could only muster mild irritation at her inane track suit rap star ensemble. 

Dorit's clothing choices continue to confound. The mini dress she donned for her Rinna faceoff was terribly unflattering. 

21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So Tedi became wealthy from being an "accountability coach"?

She worked in public relations prior to her current marriage. I suppose Edwin could have bought their house as he is some sort of executive for a security alarm system company but I am skeptical. 

Daddy's money also clearly indirectly paid for that Hilton Head upbringing and the horses. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm still liking Teddi but I do wonder how much she's going to bring to the show.

Teddi reminds me of Eileen, who I absolutely loved.  She's seemingly normal and down to earth, relatively speaking, and therefore a fish out of water on a show like this.

Who paid for the $5K worth of chips Erika, Dorit and Teddi each started with?  And did any of them tip the croupier?

I wondered about a tip as well.  It's been years since I've been to Vegas but I thought it was standard procedure (and courtesy) to tip regardless of the outcome.

• Love 9