Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Binns said:

It sounds like it was pretty major- lots and lots of people. Jared is apparently dancing around it too. Of course I’m basing this on Twitter but people seem to be under the impression that none of them are entirely happy. 

Well more cameos were a given, but they don't change the plot. I'm pretty certain Misha knows exactly what woukd be inferred by his fans.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well more cameos were a given, but they don't change the plot. I'm pretty certain Misha knows exactly what woukd be inferred by his fans.

Yea, you’re right. He’s a monkey. 

aside...I can’t believe how hateful people are being to Jared. Well, I guess I can. 

4 minutes ago, Binns said:

Yea, you’re right. He’s a monkey. 

aside...I can’t believe how hateful people are being to Jared. Well, I guess I can. 

How? Where? Twitter?

13 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Misha said in meet and greet that he was originally in the last episode in heaven - but as Jimmy Novak. 

Which means no freaking sense. 

....what the hell???

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Misha said in meet and greet that he was originally in the last episode in heaven - but as Jimmy Novak. 

Which means no freaking sense. 

Wow, that's all kinds of stupid crap, and insulting as hell to both Dean - for whom Jimmy Novak is nobody and would only have reminded him that Cas is rotting in the Empty - and to Cas. One change I'm glad happened.

• Love 3

Only reason to bring him back as Jimmy would be to reunite with Claire and by extension get to know Claire's new family that cares for her (Jody, Alex even Donna). But what significance would Jimmy have to any of the main characters (Dean, Sam and Cas)?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Smad said:

Only reason to bring him back as Jimmy would be to reunite with Claire and by extension get to know Claire's new family that cares for her (Jody, Alex even Donna). But what significance would Jimmy have to any of the main characters (Dean, Sam and Cas)?

If I squint I can make this work, as Jimmy is in heaven and would be nice for him to get to know people. And Cas...well, in heaven, he doesn’t really need a vessel, does he? So he could be there the size of the Chrysler building with his 6 rainbow wings. Of course, he would need to figure something out to talk to Dean...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I do remember reading that last week, but I don't think it's been posted here.

Yeah, it's sweet that Jensen is bringing a little bit of Dean over to The Boys. Did he say somewhere that he took Dean's boots home as a memento too? I know he's got the car and the cooler, but I can't remember about the boots.

I know Misha said in yesterday's panel that he took several trenchcoats home. LOL!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

I do remember reading that last week, but I don't think it's been posted here.

Yeah, it's sweet that Jensen is bringing a little bit of Dean over to The Boys. Did he say somewhere that he took Dean's boots home as a memento too? I know he's got the car and the cooler, but I can't remember about the boots.

I know Misha said in yesterday's panel that he took several trenchcoats home. LOL!

What the hell is Misha going to do with several flasher-style trench coats? Lol. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Jensen talked about taking home the boots in an interview, I don't remember which one(s), and he put a photo of them on his Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CHyc8A-g_zC/ (this link wouldn't embed).

Just for anyone who hasn't read the latest article on the boots, Jensen isn't wearing his SPN on The Boys. While selecting his wardrobe for The Boys, when they gave him a choice of boots, he chose the same brand, but a different color, as the boots he wore on Supernatural

• Love 5

Can anyone help me find something Jensen said about the show ending, I don't know if it was an interview or at a convention or what. But the question was about Dean being gone, and Jensen said something like, "Dean isn't gone. I've got him right here." I really feel like I want to hear him saying that now!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

I KNEW I had it & after much scrolling I found the gif-set which (thankfully) had the video credited underneath it - but I haven't rewatched to be able to tell you how far in it is ❤️

image.png.3d1e6db8b415a77d16fc60f942cb6077.png

Thank you so much, pinkchicken! I could not find it and I was starting to think I had dreamed it!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

I KNEW I had it & after much scrolling I found the gif-set which (thankfully) had the video credited underneath it - but I haven't rewatched to be able to tell you how far in it is ❤️

image.png.3d1e6db8b415a77d16fc60f942cb6077.png

The end of this video is him talking again about getting the pitch for the ending and him coming to terms with it. Watching him speak I will never believe he ever got 'okay' with it. I think he did what Jensen does - put everyone else first and just accepted it, justified it, and gave it his best. He stresses how everyone else loved it (duh - of course they did) and it was only him who had a problem with it. Sigh.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
19 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

It is at about 23 minutes in. Thanks again! Like I said, it helps me right now to hear him saying this. 😟

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The end of this video is him talking again about getting the pitch for the ending and him coming to terms with it. Watching him speak I will never believe he ever got 'okay' with it. I think he did what Jensen does - put everyone else first and just accepted it, justified it, and gave it his best. He stresses how everyone else loved it (duh - of course they did) and it was only him who had a problem with it. Sigh.

As if we needed more proof that Jensen IS Dean, and Dean IS Jensen. This is exactly what Dean would do - put everyone else's needs before his own, especially at the expense of his personal happiness. And everyone else involved in the show ... well, let's just say they're more typical in terms of this industry.

You'll notice Jensen has stayed off SM, said nothing - Danneel too. I think he's very glad he did not have a panel this weekend. I don't think he wants to touch questions about the finale with a ten-foot pole right now. No, of course he never really warmed to it. And after having seen it, seriously who couldn't understand why, even as beautiful as the Js' performances were.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

You'll notice Jensen has stayed off SM, said nothing - Danneel too. I think he's very glad he did not have a panel this weekend. I don't think he wants to touch questions about the finale with a ten-foot pole right now.

Yes, you might be right about that! And I am okay with it -- I don't necessarily need for him to come out right away and confirm or affirm what MY feelings are about it. Or at least, I don't feel that I have the right to demand that he immediately do this.

In a way, I think it is kind of respectful of the fandom for him not to say anything right away. It's like he is giving us our space to work through our reactions without having him direct the response. 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Yes, you might be right about that! And I am okay with it -- I don't necessarily need for him to come out right away and confirm or affirm what MY feelings are about it. Or at least, I don't feel that I have the right to demand that he immediately do this.

In a way, I think it is kind of respectful of the fandom for him not to say anything right away. It's like he is giving us our space to work through our reactions without having him direct the response. 

Exactly. He said it took him a couple weeks to process it. I think he knows he won't change anybody's mind and it isn't his right or responsibility to do so, but giving it time without adding any additional fuel to the fire is a good thing.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I re-watched the entire video and I'm so glad I did. 

It reminded me so clearly of exactly why I am still so head over heels in love with this guy and would follow him to the ends of the earth not just as an actor, but as a director and producer, too.

And I sorely needed this video right now, too, so thanks for requesting it, Bergamot, and for finding it for us PINKCHICKEN.

And IA that he is giving each of us time to come to terms with our own individual feelings about it, and likely fully understanding and knowing that not everyone was going to like it or be on board with it-as he wasn't at first and possibly never was, but yes, being ever the consummate professional about his craft, he gave all that he had in him over to making it the best that it could be, in spite of any reservations. 

I do still want to know more about what was pitched to them in that meeting, such as did they tell him that Dean was going to die on a random hunt only halfway through the episode. 

I recommend watching this video all the way through to get the full impact of all he says here-especially the part about directing.

And the story about his stint as the King of Bacchus is a can't miss and to die for funny.

Thanks again for this.

This board is Awesome and such a calming influence for me right now.

• Love 10

Something to think about:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tvs-top-5-how-saved-by-the-bell-honors-its-past-cw-chief-bids-farewell-to-supernatural

2. Farewell, Supernatural.
The CW's long-running genre drama wraps its run next week after an impressive 15 seasons and nearly 330 episodes. The CW CEO Mark Pedowitz joins the show this week to discuss what Supernatural has meant to his network and the future of franchise. "No, we're not. There's a lot of mythology," he says when asked if he's done trying to launch a spinoff after three failed attempts. "We're always open to carrying on the Supernatural universe but it has to be connected to the Winchesters. … I'm always open to ideas — and there are many things I can't discuss."

Another spinoff?  (And have I wiped out one of the attempts from my mind? I only remember two failed attempts.)  At least he knows it has to include Winchesters (though having introduced Young Dean, I am fearful...)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Something to think about:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tvs-top-5-how-saved-by-the-bell-honors-its-past-cw-chief-bids-farewell-to-supernatural

2. Farewell, Supernatural.
The CW's long-running genre drama wraps its run next week after an impressive 15 seasons and nearly 330 episodes. The CW CEO Mark Pedowitz joins the show this week to discuss what Supernatural has meant to his network and the future of franchise. "No, we're not. There's a lot of mythology," he says when asked if he's done trying to launch a spinoff after three failed attempts. "We're always open to carrying on the Supernatural universe but it has to be connected to the Winchesters. … I'm always open to ideas — and there are many things I can't discuss."

Another spinoff?  (And have I wiped out one of the attempts from my mind? I only remember two failed attempts.)  At least he knows it has to include Winchesters (though having introduced Young Dean, I am fearful...)

Probably just what Dabb was hoping.  Oh and Sam and Dean Winchester, his SON? I swear I would boycott that so hard.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Oh and Sam and Dean Winchester, his SON? I swear I would boycott that so hard.

Well, the CW guy says that it would have to be "connected" to the Winchesters, not that it would have to "include" Winchesters. But if that was the idea, yeah, good luck in trying to get something like that to work without THE Dean Winchester. Obviously they still don't get what made the original show work.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Bergamot said:

It is at about 23 minutes in. Thanks again! Like I said, it helps me right now to hear him saying this. 😟

Thank you for reminding us of this, and @PinkChicken for finding it. We are definitely not the only ones who needed it. I tweeted the segment yesterday after seeing it here, and it is the most popular SPN thing I've ever tweeted. You helped a bunch of Dean fans, so thank you!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Bergamot said:

Well, the CW guy says that it would have to be "connected" to the Winchesters, not that it would have to "include" Winchesters. But if that was the idea, yeah, good luck in trying to get something like that to work without THE Dean Winchester. Obviously they still don't get what made the original show work.

I would also hope that even IF there was some "Winchester connection" series, that it would have a whole new set of producers, writers, and an sane showrunner. In other words NO FUCKING BADD!!!! I could see them trying for a second generation "Dean" training young adults in hunting. I wouldn't care for it, but some younger fans may.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

I was just debating whether to put this here, or where the thread was already talking about it in tptb 😅

I feel kinda bad for Misha, more than one person has called filming that scene "his day" etc. and he was just trying to give his fans something. 

Thing is, I think he's right. Unfortunately,  whether he intended to or not, he started this. After all these years there is no way he couldn't anticipate this outcome. 

ETA, sorry,  I  thought it was in the locked spoilers thread. Repost away!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't know why I did it, but I went and looked at some of the responses to the Misha tweet.  My favorite was the one that said that not only was Cas killed because he was gay, but the show then felt it had no choice but to kill Dean just because he was bi.  What?  OK, whatever.

10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't know why I did it, but I went and looked at some of the responses to the Misha tweet.  My favorite was the one that said that not only was Cas killed because he was gay, but the show then felt it had no choice but to kill Dean just because he was bi.  What?  OK, whatever.

While I don't believe that in the slightest, it's good a reason as any for the character being killed off like yesterday's trash.

21 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

While I don't believe that in the slightest, it's good a reason as any for the character being killed off like yesterday's trash.

Because you gotta admit, whether or not they intended it, the two characters who were part of Berens' parting "gay love" scene were the two who were killed off as quickly as possible. Cas dies just as he declares his love, and Dean who barely gets five minutes of supposed freedom before he's - as you said - tossed away like trash. HUGE mistake on the part of the showrunners and network.

I always assumed the Spanish translation was just creative license - that happens in translations. So as much as I think the CW and the showrunners deserve the backlash for a finale that didn't come anywhere close to sticking the landing, I think the reaction to the translation has gone overboard.

That being said, again I think big mistakes were made here at the end. You don't give one of your three most popular characters such a miserable gloomy ending as rotting in the Empty. And then you don't refuse to follow it up with the other two leads barely giving it a second thought, especially Dean. His reaction in the pie scene was completely ridiculous.

It appears it was a mandate - be it the network or Singer, combo of both - that the finale be only the brothers. This despite forcing "found family" on the narrative for many years. Still, literally - quite literally - all they had to do to include Cas at the very least was after Bobby indicates that Jack saved Cas, Dean could have heard that signature, "Hello Dean", turned around, saw his friend, and hugged him. Then he sees the car and tells the two guys, "I'm going for a drive". That right there would have given the Cas fans something, and frankly made Dean's bleak heaven a whole lot better with the understanding that there would be people he loved in his heaven. As it stands, we never see that, especially since Dean doesn't appear all that happy to see Bobby.

The network made a huge mistake with this finale, but not going full blown Destiel really wasn't one of them. But if you're claiming you want to give the fans a hopeful ending, then you have to actually give the fan base something to at least make their own head canon with. That was the biggest problem with this finale - it gives more than one fan base absolutely nothing at the end.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Because you gotta admit, whether or not they intended it, the two characters who were part of Berens' parting "gay love" scene were the two who were killed off as quickly as possible. Cas dies just as he declares his love, and Dean who barely gets five minutes of supposed freedom before he's - as you said - tossed away like trash. HUGE mistake on the part of the showrunners and network.

I always assumed the Spanish translation was just creative license - that happens in translations. So as much as I think the CW and the showrunners deserve the backlash for a finale that didn't come anywhere close to sticking the landing, I think the reaction to the translation has gone overboard.

That being said, again I think big mistakes were made here at the end. You don't give one of your three most popular characters such a miserable gloomy ending as rotting in the Empty. And then you don't refuse to follow it up with the other two leads barely giving it a second thought, especially Dean. His reaction in the pie scene was completely ridiculous.

It appears it was a mandate - be it the network or Singer, combo of both - that the finale be only the brothers. This despite forcing "found family" on the narrative for many years. Still, literally - quite literally - all they had to do to include Cas at the very least was after Bobby indicates that Jack saved Cas, Dean could have heard that signature, "Hello Dean", turned around, saw his friend, and hugged him. Then he sees the car and tells the two guys, "I'm going for a drive". That right there would have given the Cas fans something, and frankly made Dean's bleak heaven a whole lot better with the understanding that there would be people he loved in his heaven. As it stands, we never see that, especially since Dean doesn't appear all that happy to see Bobby.

The network made a huge mistake with this finale, but not going full blown Destiel really wasn't one of them. But you give the fan base something to at least make their own head canon with. That was the biggest problem with this finale - it gives more than one fan base absolutely nothing.

Yup. 

I'll take the rest of my thoughts on this and MC's video to the unpopular opinions thread. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

The network made a huge mistake with this finale, but not going full blown Destiel really wasn't one of them.

The problem is that these fans have made it abundantly clear, for years now, that getting anything less than full blown Destiel in the end would be considered by them as a personal attack and betrayal and totally unacceptable. I would have been fine with Dean, as you describe, happily greeting Castiel with a hug in Heaven, and then going for a drive, but they wouldn't. They weren't interested in making their own head canon. If Dean saw Castiel in Heaven and didn't echo his declaration of love, there would have been a huge outpouring of hate directed toward Dean, not to mention personal insults and accusations flying at Jensen, just as we've already seen previously.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Bergamot said:

The problem is that these fans have made it abundantly clear, for years now, that getting anything less than full blown Destiel in the end would be considered by them as a personal attack and betrayal and totally unacceptable. I would have been fine with Dean, as you describe, happily greeting Castiel with a hug in Heaven, and then going for a drive, but they wouldn't. They weren't interested in making their own head canon. If Dean saw Castiel in Heaven and didn't echo his declaration of love, there would have been a huge outpouring of hate directed toward Dean, not to mention personal insults and accusations flying at Jensen, just as we've already seen previously.

I think it would have been better if they had never even tried to appease them with what they gave them in 15.18.

But Berens and Dabb just had to ruin things that much more and oh yeah, let's let Misha in on it, too, and months before we tell Jensen. 

Assholes. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I thought angels were sexless?  Although Castiel always kept the same vessel, a couple of the others changed from men to women or vice versa.

Not only that, he never ever changed out of that stupid outfit unless some stupid plot demanded it. 

• LOL 4