Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

So when you use any of those hashtags the Supernatual emoji should come up. It worked for me...

Sort of a day late and a dollar short with four episodes to go in the series, IMO. In other words, rather like the series itself. 😞

• Love 2
On 10/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Et tu, Kripke. Sigh. Not about the politics,  just another Sam the wise, Dean the neanderthal kick. Blech.

Screenshot_20201022-233542_Twitter.jpg

This was unforgivable! Seems the fans know the character he created better than him. 

I wonder what Jensen thought of this? hmmm..

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

This was unforgivable! Seems the fans know the character he created better than him. 

I wonder what Jensen thought of this? hmmm..

Jensen and the fans have always known Dean better than anyone who ever wrote for him. Jensen is why the character got away from Kripke in the first place and became more popular than he expected and someone far more layered than Kripke conceived of originally.

If I'm remembering correctly - and things get buried on twitter quickly - I believe a fan responded to this tweet with a defense of Dean, and Danneel liked the defense response. I think that may tell you what they think of stupid comments like this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I kind of like Kripke's backtrack though, he said something like "I missed you guys" LOL and "course corrected" his previous tweet.

I felt like he actually meant it, maybe in a fondly exasperated way. SPN fans if nothing else were involved and passionate and detail oriented.

I think part of the reason they decided to release The Boys on weekly schedule instead of all at once was to increase fan involvement.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I kind of like Kripke's backtrack though, he said something like "I missed you guys" LOL and "course corrected" his previous tweet.

I felt like he actually meant it, maybe in a fondly exasperated way. SPN fans if nothing else were involved and passionate and detail oriented.

It definitely had shades of his 'apology' for calling Dean a dick back in the day, but I agree - I can see him watching the replies roll in and going, ohhhh shit!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It definitely had shades of his 'apology' for calling Dean a dick back in the day, but I agree - I can see him watching the replies roll in and going, ohhhh shit!

He was much quicker with the apology this time.

It's a good thing, too, because after the second half of S5, we're still in the "courting" stage again, AFAIC. 😉

Edited by Myrelle
Spelling
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I have issues with a number of things Kripke has done but I have to defend him here.  Kripke never called Dean a dick in the episode.  A segment of the fandom did, riding on a particularly nasty comment that Sam made early in the episode--I still remember the recapper on TWoP basically saying (yes, I"m paraphrasing badly; it was a long time ago!) "Aw, isn't that sweet?  Sam is behaving like a dick so he can join his brother."  The episode made it clear later on that it was people who had instilled fear in others who got infected, something we didn't know about--and I believe that Dean didn't remember until he met "Lilith" at the end of this episode--until later.

Kripke was clarifying the episode for those who--I thought--were just taking an opportunity to dump on Dean.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, Lemuria said:

I have issues with a number of things Kripke has done but I have to defend him here.  Kripke never called Dean a dick in the episode.  A segment of the fandom did, riding on a particularly nasty comment that Sam made early in the episode--I still remember the recapper on TWoP basically saying (yes, I"m paraphrasing badly; it was a long time ago!) "Aw, isn't that sweet?  Sam is behaving like a dick so he can join his brother."  The episode made it clear later on that it was people who had instilled fear in others who got infected, something we didn't know about--and I believe that Dean didn't remember until he met "Lilith" at the end of this episode--until later.

Kripke was clarifying the episode for those who--I thought--were just taking an opportunity to dump on Dean.

I miss TWoP!! But the moderators definitely could be dicks - drunk on power lol.

However, I've been rewatching in 3 different trains: Train 1: Me watching the whole of Season 1 and hoping around to various episodes depend on mood etc. Train 2 : Since my 14 year old watches now - and began with Scoobynatural. She wants to see all the funny/humorous episodes and Train 3: My indoctrination of my child has led to her getting her cousins into SPN and we watch based on their mood lol. 

Anyway, with these various rewatches I've been catching more and seeing things differently. The demeaning of Dean was sprinkled through throughout the seasons like cayenne pepper. It's there but you don't get full kick until later. It didn't just start past Season 6. Yellow Fever was from Season 4, he and Sam were both exposed to the disease. Per Sam, he and Bobby concluded that Dean got the disease because he's "a Dick." Also, the whole small dog chasing Dean was funny but kinda cruel when you think too long about him dying, ripped apart by the Hounds of Hell. 

8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

hahaha. It served him right and I was one of those people! I took it very personal lol.

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, shoetingstar said:

Yellow Fever was from Season 4, he and Sam were both exposed to the disease. Per Sam, he and Bobby concluded that Dean got the disease because he's "a Dick." Also, the whole small dog chasing Dean was funny but kinda cruel when you think too long about him dying, ripped apart by the Hounds of Hell. 

And what a surprise that Dabb cowrote Yellow Fever!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

And what a surprise that Dabb cowrote Yellow Fever!

I forgot that!!! 🤯 

233446333_samanddeanwtf.gif.32e3412e36529925fd3517d373e5d57c.gif

I'm so grateful Jensen always delivers. We did get some great Dean moments though. That "Dick" reason was unnecessary.  *wretches from saying anything near-good about Dabb*

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, shoetingstar said:

I forgot that!!! 🤯 

233446333_samanddeanwtf.gif.32e3412e36529925fd3517d373e5d57c.gif

I'm so grateful Jensen always delivers. We did get some great Dean moments though. That "Dick" reason was unnecessary.  *wretches from saying anything near-good about Dabb*

I'm sure that all of the good Dean parts were penned by Loflin so you're good!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Jensen and the fans have always known Dean better than anyone who ever wrote for him. Jensen is why the character got away from Kripke in the first place and became more popular than he expected and someone far more layered than Kripke conceived of originally.

If I'm remembering correctly - and things get buried on twitter quickly - I believe a fan responded to this tweet with a defense of Dean, and Danneel liked the defense response. I think that may tell you what they think of stupid comments like this.

Great points! Definitely agree about Jensen and he fans knowing Dean better- that's partly why fanfiction became a huge part of the fandom. 

2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I'm sure that all of the good Dean parts were penned by Loflin so you're good!

Phew! Now I can keep my self-respect!😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If you have the DVDs listen to the commentaries  by Eric.  I think he was a bit taken aback at first, it was supposed to be about Sam, but once he realized he held gold in his hands he didn’t let it slip through his fingers. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

If you have the DVDs listen to the commentaries  by Eric.  I think he was a bit taken aback at first, it was supposed to be about Sam, but once he realized he held gold in his hands he didn’t let it slip through his fingers. 

To Kripke's credit. Unlike what we have now with a showrunner who deliberately tries to discredit the character and actor. I also think that Kim Manners recognized Jensen's talents and encouraged him both through his direction and probably personally.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is about The Boys as well...

This is why we can't have nice things.

Well, she's in for a schooling when it comes to working for Kripke - a much different environment and showrunner. He's very Sorkin'ish in his need to micromanage the story he wants to tell. And there will be an actual writers room that anything she writes is going to have to go through before final approval.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is about The Boys as well...

Well that sucks.  She had like one good episode(which I can only assume was beginner's luck) and the rest have been all downhill.  Why in the world would Kripke hire HER?  I know SB is a bad guy but Jensen doesn't deserve to have the writer's room hatred follow him to a new show even if it is just one of them.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Well, she's in for a schooling when it comes to working for Kripke - a much different environment and showrunner. He's very Sorkin'ish in his need to micromanage the story he wants to tell. And there will be an actual writers room that anything she writes is going to have to go through before final approval.

She has also proven to be an easily directable tool. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

She has also proven to be an easily directable tool. 

2 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

With no ability to write nuance.

She's going to be EP, so maybe she won't write, just supervise the other writers doing what Kripke wants.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, PAForrest said:

I think we have to keep in mind that a) Kripke wanted her to write for his show so he must see the talent there and b) She had to write her scripts to tell Dabb's story.  I'm guessing it's going to be refreshing to write for a show that has a show runner with a  clear vision of where the story begins and ends as well as makes sense in the middle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

She did write Regarding Dean, and gave Dean his 'I killed Hitler' memorable line. She was doing all right before drinking the Koolaid.

There were way too many cringe-worthy scenes in both those eps IMO, where he either played the fool or way way OTT in overreacting.  Luckily, there were moments when the "real" Dean shone through (like the scene looking in the mirror) that made many of the other scenes come off as poignant instead of just plain annoying.  I don't know how much credit (or blame) goes to the writing, the directing, or Jensen (who does sometimes tend towards OTT slapstick.)  

46 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

She did write Regarding Dean

Wow she did? Wth happened? That's like the last episode of this show I would give high marks to. And the only one of the Dabb era to boot. That is some toxic koolaid this writer was subjected to.

• Love 1

A really good discussion with Jensen, Misha, Jared, Klobuchar, and Ashley Biden.  

This is a partisan discussion since they are talking with Biden's daughter.

Please Jared never tell that interrupting Sloth joke again, because its not funny to begin with and its even worse when you don't tell it right.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

A really good discussion with Jensen, Misha, Jared, Klobuchar, and Ashley Biden.  

This is a partisan discussion since they are talking with Biden's daughter.

Please Jared never tell that interrupting Sloth joke again, because its not funny to begin with and its even worse when you don't tell it right.

I have no idea why they would talk to Amy Klobuchar.  

I also noticed that the comments, on this video, have been turned off.  

2 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I think to help get word out in Minnesota about voting. 

I don't blame them for turning the comments off.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I think to help get word out in Minnesota about voting. 

I don't blame them for turning the comments off.

Yep. All they get is "I love you, please notice meeeee" or 'Shut up and act'. They are trying to do good, civic minded things. Don't blame them for not subjecting themselves to that.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Not just to this one, to others as well.(I only looked at a couple and they were turned off too, like the one wth Felicia Day a couple days ago)  Probably just not to deal with jerks in the comments.  Youtube can be toxic even under normal circumstances in the comments, nevermind when it's politics.  As for why probably as mentioned getting the vote out in Minnesota and also Klobuchar has been actively campaigning for Biden.  So it's just to have an active politician as well as a family member of Joe Biden as part of the discussion.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

That was amazing. I didn't like the character in the beginning but really enjoyed him later. Basically when they detached him from the black hole that was Mary. The actor is a hoot.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe because it was the last thing anywhere near in-character he did in the whole episode? Heh.

This isn't exactly the first time Jensen has liked a CW post. He has liked posts that featured his character before - and I really think that's all it comes down to. Jensen is a Dean girl! He also often likes strictly promotional posts. Essentially if he's online at the time the post pops up on his timeline and it deals with Dean or show promotion, he likes it.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 6
On 11/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, tessathereaper said:

Not just to this one, to others as well.(I only looked at a couple and they were turned off too, like the one wth Felicia Day a couple days ago)  Probably just not to deal with jerks in the comments.  Youtube can be toxic even under normal circumstances in the comments, nevermind when it's politics.  As for why probably as mentioned getting the vote out in Minnesota and also Klobuchar has been actively campaigning for Biden.  So it's just to have an active politician as well as a family member of Joe Biden as part of the discussion.

Comments turned into a brawl. Lots of Misha bashing and mocking people talking about voting blue which they would on these posts featuring Democrats. Nasty red hat trolling. 

Edited by Castiels Cat
6 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Comments turned into a brawl. Lots of Misha bashing and mocking people talking about voting blue which they would on these posts featuring Democrats. Nasty red hat trolling. 

Did that just happen in the last couple days or has he had it off for a while?  I have to admit I really haven't been on his youtube channel that often.  Not surprised clogging the internet like they are trying to clog the bridges and highways.

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Is Jensen getting lead treatment in that cover?

8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not gonna lie, that was my first thought when I saw it. 

I didn't want to break the spell I thought I was under. 😉

• Love 6

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHJlMe-AymA/?igshid=euv69fnfcc3

Not sure why that won't embed, but it's Jensen's insta of the TV Guide cover/story. His comment:

A wonderful tribute. THANK YOU to @tvguide & @tvguidemagazine for this... and for riding along with us for the last 15 years. Thank you for all the interviews and photo shoots and set visits...and of course, your support. A very special thanks to your photoshop dept. Seriously...I know we didn’t look like that when we took the pics.

Don’t miss the last couple of episodes airing over the next few weeks...only on @thecw #spnfamily

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7