Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, starfishka said:

Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki on the Hardest Part About Saying Goodbye

Not really a spoiler, just Jensen talking about The Boys 👇

Reveal spoiler

"I've been a fan of [The Boys] since I saw the first episode. When I was talking to Kripke over quarantine break, I mentioned, 'Hey, somebody is going to be out of work pretty soon. What is happening over there in your world?' That kind of started a conversation and he called me the next day and was like, 'Look, there is a role coming up in season 3 that I could see you throwing your hat in the ring for,' and I was like, 'OK,'" Ackles said of how The Boys came to be. "I want to stress this was not him calling me being like, 'I got this for you. Come on over.' They were already out to some heavy hitters and guys I was like, 'I can't compete with that,' so I had to fight for it and I'm glad I did."

"I'm excited to put on a superhero outfit too," he said. "That is kicka**. I have to be in L.A. for the next couple of months because it takes that long to build it so every two weeks, you have to go in for a fitting and it builds. These things are works of art, so I am excited for that. It will be cool. Finally something my 3-year-old son can be really proud of -- a flannel shirt and some boots are not the coolest thing to a 3-year-old but a guy with a mask and a shield..."

Video available now

Edited by starfishka
  • Love 4
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

That is awesome for them! 

On a selfish note,  please baby cheeses, don't let them be involved in any celebrity/reality garbage.

At the Golden Globes, Jensen went to 3 after parties.  The WB, Amazon and Disney.  We've gotten news for the WB, and Amazon.  What else are you sitting on Jensen.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

At the Golden Globes, Jensen went to 3 after parties.  The WB, Amazon and Disney.  We've gotten news for the WB, and Amazon.  What else are you sitting on Jensen.

I am just so thrilled for him. News well worth waiting for!!!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Which is why we also know Jensen's fudging on the timeline for The Boys. Please, I think he likely already auditioned at the end of 2019 or in January 2020, sometime over the holidays when he admitted he was spending time in LA for "meetings". He forgets how much his fans follow his every movement. LOL!

So yes, the Amazon after party makes sense - The Boys - and now we know why he attended the WB after party. Now we just have to know why he attended the Disney party. So much good Jensen news!

And his comments about wanting to revisit the show for a "6-episode" run on a "streaming "platform are carrying a lot more weight with this latest production news.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, PAForrest said:

Which is why we also know Jensen's fudging on the timeline for The Boys. Please, I think he likely already auditioned the end of 2019 or in January 2020, sometime over the holidays when he admitted he was spending time in LA for "meetings". He forgets how much his fans follow his every movement. LOL!

So yes, the Amazon after party makes sense - The Boys - and now we know why he attended the WB after party. Now we just have to know why he attended the Disney party. So much good Jensen news!

And his comments about wanting to revisit the show for a "6-episode" run on a "streaming"platform  is carrying a lot more weight with this latest production news.

I am thrilled with this news!!

It's yet another hope/wish/dream that I had for him after the end of the show was announced. It seemed so logical, too.

Of course he should also produce at this juncture of his life.

Big congrats to both of them. 🥰

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bethy said:

Jensen's announcement of the production company:

Is Peter Roth the guy who was so high on Supernatural as long as Jensen and Jared were part of it? 

I think that's Mark Pedowitz.  Both Roth and Pedowitz did get promotions earlier this year though.  Roth became the first Chairmen of Warner Bros Television Group and Pedowitz became the CEO of CW Television Network(I don't know if that kind of makes Roth Pedowtz boss?)

• Love 3

Peter Roth has always recognized Jensen's worth.

I remember Jensen talking about meeting with him numerous times very early on in this series and how he(Jensen) was overwhelmed by it all.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Great news. I just hope he doesn't start to pull away from acting to concentrate on producing. I selfishly want to keep seein him.  

I don't know what running a production company involves, but maybe he could find movie or TV projects that he would like to be in, and his production company could make them. Then he can produce the movie and also star in it! Would that be possible?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I don't know what running a production company involves, but maybe he could find movie or TV projects that he would like to be in, and his production company could make them. Then he can produce the movie and also star in it! Would that be possible?

Of course. But I'm not sure he would want that because it can create the optics like you just make vanity projects for yourself. I think he might try to keep those two worlds apart.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Jensen’s face was so cute, boyish even.😍

IKR?! 🥰

I saw another hilarious sequence where Julie McNiven chimed in with an answer to a Danneel question about the back seat of the Impala that had me cracking up. 

Jensen and Danneel in the Backseat of Baby is the gift that just keeps on giving today. 🤣💞

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Of course. But I'm not sure he would want that because it can create the optics like you just make vanity projects for yourself. I think he might try to keep those two worlds apart.

Hubs and I have been watching some Jason Bateman(I think?)productions where  he stars also-The Outsider and Ozark, IIRC?-although he did just have a smaller part in the former; smaller, but still pretty important to the storyline.

I could so see Jensen doing it similarly.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Hubs and I have been watching some Jason Bateman(I think?)productions where  he stars also-The Outsider and Ozark, IIRC?-although he did just have a smaller part in the former; smaller, but still pretty important to the storyline.

I could so see Jensen doing it similarly.

I think overall it shows Warner Bros having really big faith in him. I mean neither he nor Danneel has ever produced and it`s a brandnew production company yet a major studio inked a deal with them already. 

I mean if a studio makes a multimillion dollar creative deal with someone like JJ Abrams (whatever you think of his creative talents, he is a well-known name in the business), it`s like a no-brainer but signing two beginners? I`m pretty sure they wouldn`t just do that for everyone. I have read they already hired someone with experience in TV production as head of content creations which is a smart business decision.

Overall, I think for Jensen it`s also a way to do the very important networking. As an actor sequestered away on one show up in Vancouver, you can only meet so many new people in the business but as a producer? Different ballgame. I could see him directing some of whatever they may produce. And with Warner/Roth obviously appreciating him, he can network for roles that might interest him, maybe even movies, outside of the production buisness. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think the reason some actors get into production is to have some control over who gets hired. I don't think vanity comes into play that much otherwise most projects would fail.  But I can see Jensen wanting to be able to set the tone on whatever set he is going to be working on.  Just being the star or part of an ensemble cast won't give him the control he enjoyed on SPN.  

I think this is a very smart move.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think the reason some actors get into production is to have some control over who gets hired. I don't think vanity comes into play that much otherwise most projects would fail.  But I can see Jensen wanting to be able to set the tone on whatever set he is going to be working on.  Just being the star or part of an ensemble cast won't give him the control he enjoyed on SPN.  

I think this is a very smart move.

I look at Reese Whitherspoon as an example of this.  And she is KICKING BUTT.  "The Morning Show" is (IMO) freakin' awesome and it's got her stamp all over it.  But it was Jennifer Anniston who got the super-meaty role that drew award nominations.  And that was AFTER "Big Little Lies" which had TWO seasons of awards and critical acclaim. Now Jensen doesn't have Reese's name but I think he has her talent and savvy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Bergamot said:

Well, I own a production company, and I can tell you that it's a full time job lol. However, I have 70 employees and no partners. If he has partners to help with the day-to-day, he could certainly still take on other roles. My situation is different, though, because I'm in Orlando and not Hollywood and not affiliated with a juggernaut like the WB.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Nothing new accept where Jensen is...

He's driving from Austin to Florida in an Airstream? OMG, he and the fam are coming to my neck o' the woods!

ETA: Actually, I should say, he WAS driving to Florida whenever this interview took place, since he should be home right now getting ready to do the Dazed and Confused reading in about 45 minutes. Damn, I missed him. LOL!

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

He's driving from Austin to Florida in an Airstream? OMG, he and the fam are coming to my neck o' the woods!

ETA: Actually, I should say, he WAS driving to Florida whenever this interview took place, since he should be home right now getting ready to do the Dazed and Confused reading in about 45 minutes. Damn, I missed him. LOL!

Kind of looks like he is doing this from his Airstream

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Kind of looks like he is doing this from his Airstream

I don't know, it's hard to say. I thought it was a room in his house. Honestly though, with small kids in the house, if the Airstream is parked anywhere on his property that's not a bad way to do interviews and things like this - less chance of the kids busting in. LOL!

Anyway, it was fun, and Jensen looked like he was having a blast. And it appears that he was wearing a shirt from his new gig. Heh.

• Love 5

If you can get the still pictures from the Dazed and Confused table read, there are 4 of Jensen (posted by KingAckles) that are absolutely mesmerizing.  I swear his eyes just stopped me in my tracks.  Sorry I don't know how to post links, but it's more than worth a bit of searching if you can find them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

If you can get the still pictures from the Dazed and Confused table read, there are 4 of Jensen (posted by KingAckles) that are absolutely mesmerizing.  I swear his eyes just stopped me in my tracks.  Sorry I don't know how to post links, but it's more than worth a bit of searching if you can find them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Just gonna leave this here.

I thought it was funny that Jared was on the passenger side of the Impala.

And that he finally found a purpose for his portrait from The French Mistake.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

What a treat!

Yes! I loved the tiny little scenes from the show that they inserted. I don't know if all the clips would all make sense to someone not familiar with Supernatural, but they brought back great memories for me!

• Love 5