Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

A good strong finale can help to mitigate the sadness of a beloved series ending. This season has not been that, unfortunately, so the last 42 minutes of this show have a tall order I fear they couldn't meet under the best of circumstances - i.e., having a good showrunner and good writers who really cared. We didn't have those and haven't for years. And I certainly didn't appreciate hearing from Jensen's most recent interview with EW that Dabb and Co. showed the Js heavy disrespect when they had their first and last meeting with the writers and were told, essentially, 'suck it up, princesses - this is what we're doing whether you like it or not.' Seriously, why did they even invite the Js to the meeting if they were going to have no input? Petty to the end, and that's not a good look.

So I'm not at all confident. And yet, I still hope the finale is at least not disrespectful. Because I am going to miss the characters. Not the show so much, because it's been an endless stream of frustration for years - so much storytelling potential squandered.

But no matter what I will miss the characters, and especially my beloved Dean. I love these guys and regardless of what Dabb does, that won't change. Yeah, I'm going to miss them a lot - and it's going to hurt a lot to let them go. I'm already sad.

Yes, all of this for me, too.

And this inspite of my long time wish for it to end so that Jensen could finally be free to truly spread his acting wings.

I too am feeling so sad about missing Dean, though.

And I'm even a little scared about watching tonight. 😟

• Love 7
Just now, ILoveReading said:

Not surprised that the tear and the flinch was all Jensen.

Not even a little bit surprised. IMO, *all* of Dean's heart and humanity came from Jensen and his portrayal. His face could launch a thousand ships.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I wrote something for my paper about what SPN means. Hope you enjoy. 

https://www.journalgazette.net/features/20201119/family-business

That was lovely, @Bobcatkitten I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and glad you were able to share the show with him during such a difficult time. The term 'SPN Family' has come to mean many things to me, not all of them good. But your experiences are the best of it. Thanks for sharing!

I met my BFF through another fandom, but I had just started watching SPN when she was diagnosed with a particularly brutal form of breast cancer (TNBC). The show doesn't air in her country, but we were able to share through other means (shhhh) and like your brother, our talks (and in our case, our mutual love of Dean) got her through some pretty dark days. It helped her through chemo, and gave me some small sense of being there for/with her across the ocean. That is my SPN Family.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I wrote something for my paper about what SPN means. Hope you enjoy. 

https://www.journalgazette.net/features/20201119/family-business

Thanks for that wonderful article. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. Supernatural is truly a family and I'm so happy that you were able to share that with him. The cons are also great and my daughters and I enjoyed several of them in my hometown area of Chicago.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Binns said:

I haven’t read this yet, but am amused that Bugs is the worst on their list. I watched that recently and again died of laughter when it went from midnight to dawn in about 3 minutes. 

https://ew.com/tv/supernatural-episodes-ranked/

There are many ways to judge episodes:  best written, best acted, most heart-wrenching, most entertaining.  And of course how your favorite character is treated tends to play heavily into how much you like an episode.  

Having said that, I seem to disagree with an awful lot of this list:  for one thing, I'd put Bloodlines dead last, preceded by Man's Best Friend With Benefits, and then pretty much all of seasons 12-15; and I definitely wouldn't put Swan Song as number 1, no matter how many sites (and fans) seem to glorify it.  But I mostly like their top 10, though not necessarily in that order.  (I'm also too old and didn't grow up with Scooby-doo, so, while I appreciate the episode for the challenge, it's nowhere near my top 100.)  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Absolutely way too soon! Especially since, dude, you deserved a million times better than you got.

Oh Jensen, always trying to make the best of a bad situation - and in this case, a suck ass script. But that attitude will serve him well in the future. Thanks for being that guy, Jensen, and the one I will follow hereafter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I am glad they recognized both actors, not just for this episode but for the series as a whole. Maybe they knew the shitstorm they would set off if they chose either one of them, maybe not. Either way, I appreciated what they wrote:

HONORABLE MENTION | To sum up what Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki brought to their roles as Dean and Sam Winchester is nearly impossible. Episode after countless episode, the actors embodied the hunters with humor, emotional depth, and genuine love for their characters and each other — and this week’s series finale was no exception. When Dean’s life was tragically cut short halfway through the hour, Ackles and Padalecki delivered a powerful and devastating goodbye between the brothers that was also a testament to the duo’s 15-year bond on- and off-screen. While Padalecki tapped into Sam’s fear and denial, his voice breaking and his eyes bloodshot with tears, Ackles honed in on Dean’s acceptance of his fate. Pulling Sammy closer to him, Ackles imparted some of Dean’s final words to heartbreaking effect: “I love you so much. My baby brother.” Even the actors’ physical gestures, like the way they placed their hands over each other, felt like a gut-punch. By the time Dean took his last breath, the magnitude of feeling and loss in the pair’s performances had knocked the breath out of us. To Ackles and Padalecki, we say: Thank you. Now, lay your weary head to rest. Don’t you cry no more.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Binns said:

Is there convention stuff this weekend? 

Yes. Creation StageIts, same as what Jensen did last weekend. Jared and Misha (among others) are this weekend. I thought it was actually strange that Jensen did his in advance of this, but given the givens we know now, it makes sense. There would have been no room for anything else but the finale. I hate that this will give those two the chance to speak on it without any context from Jensen, but I'm still glad he got the chance to have one last panel without it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yes. Creation StageIts, same as what Jensen did last weekend. Jared and Misha (among others) are this weekend. I thought it was actually strange that Jensen did his in advance of this, but given the givens we know now, it makes sense. There would have been no room for anything else but the finale. I hate that this will give those two the chance to speak on it without any context from Jensen, but I'm still glad he got the chance to have one last panel without it.

Ah, ok. Looking forward to those two, but really looking forward to JA’s next talk about it in whatever form. You are right, I’m glad we heard from him before this. I am guessing this weekend will be all about Sam and Cas and I hope we hear about Dean too somehow. I imagine we will. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am glad they recognized both actors, not just for this episode but for the series as a whole. Maybe they knew the shitstorm they would set off if they chose either one of them, maybe not. Either way, I appreciated what they wrote:

HONORABLE MENTION | To sum up what Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki brought to their roles as Dean and Sam Winchester is nearly impossible. Episode after countless episode, the actors embodied the hunters with humor, emotional depth, and genuine love for their characters and each other — and this week’s series finale was no exception. When Dean’s life was tragically cut short halfway through the hour, Ackles and Padalecki delivered a powerful and devastating goodbye between the brothers that was also a testament to the duo’s 15-year bond on- and off-screen. While Padalecki tapped into Sam’s fear and denial, his voice breaking and his eyes bloodshot with tears, Ackles honed in on Dean’s acceptance of his fate. Pulling Sammy closer to him, Ackles imparted some of Dean’s final words to heartbreaking effect: “I love you so much. My baby brother.” Even the actors’ physical gestures, like the way they placed their hands over each other, felt like a gut-punch. By the time Dean took his last breath, the magnitude of feeling and loss in the pair’s performances had knocked the breath out of us. To Ackles and Padalecki, we say: Thank you. Now, lay your weary head to rest. Don’t you cry no more.

I like what they said as well. I think both actors did an excellent job in that scene.

• Love 5
On 11/20/2020 at 12:41 PM, ahrtee said:

There are many ways to judge episodes:  best written, best acted, most heart-wrenching, most entertaining.  And of course how your favorite character is treated tends to play heavily into how much you like an episode.  

Having said that, I seem to disagree with an awful lot of this list:  for one thing, I'd put Bloodlines dead last, preceded by Man's Best Friend With Benefits, and then pretty much all of seasons 12-15; and I definitely wouldn't put Swan Song as number 1, no matter how many sites (and fans) seem to glorify it.  But I mostly like their top 10, though not necessarily in that order.  (I'm also too old and didn't grow up with Scooby-doo, so, while I appreciate the episode for the challenge, it's nowhere near my top 100.)  

I grew up with Scooby-doo and still didn't appreciated it that much because of the one-sided characterization and message. Swan Song will never be in my top 100 much less #1.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, Binns said:

I haven’t read this yet, but am amused that Bugs is the worst on their list. I watched that recently and again died of laughter when it went from midnight to dawn in about 3 minutes. 

https://ew.com/tv/supernatural-episodes-ranked/

They really don't like Season 7, huh? I still maintain Route 666 is no way that fucking bad after all these seasons - Season 14 as a WHOLE (except for Dean's Fanboy episode) was painful to watch.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, ahrtee said:

I agree with you. Bloodlines definitely deserved to be the last on the list and Swan Song is waaaayyyy overrated along with The French Mistake and Fan Fiction. Also why are Playthings, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Dead Man's Blood, Wishful Thinking, Blood Brothers, etc. etc. all so far down on their list? Was this based on a poll or just a shitty opinion piece by a random writer? 

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I agree with you. Bloodlines definitely deserved to be the last on the list and Swan Song is waaaayyyy overrated along with The French Mistake and Fan Fiction. Also why are Playthings, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Dead Man's Blood, Wishful Thinking, Blood Brothers, etc. etc. all so far down on their list? Was this based on a poll or just a shitty opinion piece by a random writer? 

The list is definitely a little off. Agreed about Swan, Song, French Mistake and Fanfiction. And Baby is too high for me.

Skin, It's A Terrible Life, Faith, A Very Supernatural Christmas, Bad Day at Black Rock should be higher...I like that Jus in Bello was higher up though. 

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, shoetingstar said:

The list is definitely a little off. Agreed about Swan, Song, French Mistake and Fanfiction. And Baby is too high for me.

Skin, It's A Terrible Life, Faith, A Very Supernatural Christmas, Bad Day at Black Rock should be higher...I like that Jus in Bello was higher up though. 

Yes! Faith is in my top ten and I love Jus in Bello mostly for the Dean and Henriksen scenes both together and apart.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Yes! Faith is in my top ten and I love Jus in Bello mostly for the Dean and Henriksen scenes both together and apart.

Gawd yes, when show had such layered episodes/scenes/situations/characters that were not so clunky and heavy-handed. *Chef's Kiss*

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

Does this mean Jensen's going to ghost us for at least 2 weeks to let our crazy die down a little? 😅

Also, Jared has a stageit panel about to start: same deal as Jensen's the other week, you have to put $5 into the website but then its pay what you want out of that credit (down to .10c) to get in.

https://www.stageit.com/jared_padalecki/q_a_panel_with_jared_padalecki/91011

I hope someone gives us the gist of it. I have to work right now so I cannot watch it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PinkChicken said:

Does this mean Jensen's going to ghost us for at least 2 weeks to let our crazy die down a little? 😅

Also, Jared has a stageit panel about to start: same deal as Jensen's the other week, you have to put $5 into the website but then its pay what you want out of that credit (down to .10c) to get in.

https://www.stageit.com/jared_padalecki/q_a_panel_with_jared_padalecki/91011

Ha, maybe. I am a little stung by Jared dismissing Jensen's reaction to what we now know was the ending they were pitched, as something that would have happened, regardless. Uhhh, you didn't have a problem with it, Jared.

• Love 4

Judging by Twitter, Misha is burning it all down (regarding the ending and the changes and Cas-loves-Dean).

I have no idea because I didn't pay to watch it, but the takeaway from the Destiel tweeters is that he (Misha) didn't know Dean died in the finale, and they changed the ending. WTAF?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I have no idea because I didn't pay to watch it, but the takeaway from the Destiel tweeters is that he (Misha) didn't know Dean died in the finale, and they changed the ending. WTAF?

maybe he didn't know.  He wasn't in the episode.  Need to know basis.   TBH, Misha kind of annoys me.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

maybe he didn't know.  He wasn't in the episode.  Need to know basis.   TBH, Misha kind of annoys me.

I think there are some wide and varied interpretations going on. Fangasm tweets that he said this:

In the orig version we saw Sam and Dean's heaven populated by all these people from their past, all the characters they've come to love over the years, but it was literally a practical matter to not bc of covid restrictions

So obviously he did know that they die.

2 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

nah he really didn't say anything of substance. Even when asked about the handprint which I thought they already said flat out was their own touch he said "who knows, I thought it was a nice touch" (I have a terrible memory and didn't take notes)
It was to the point where it was kind of weird and disjointed and totally looks like there are things he's not allowed to say - but there's no way to know if their interpretations are correct, whether his 'slipups' were that or deflections, and whether its like something serious or just them being polite and letting the Js say it first.

Thanks. I should know better than to take anything from Twitter, lol.

• Useful 2

Why would he deliberately bring up an alternate ending if they can't talk about it. Just to bait? Now no matter what either of the Js or anyone else says, his fans will forever believe it. I read that he said, what can they do, fire me?  If it's in this context then, my esteem just fell another few notches.

They've said consistently there were no major plot changes, nothing significant.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Why would he deliberately bring up an alternate ending if they can't talk about it. Just to bait? Now no matter what either of the Js or anyone else says, his fans will forever believe it. I read that he said, what can they do, fire me?  If it's in this context then, my esteem just fell another few notches.

They've said consistently there were no major plot changes, nothing significant.  

It sounds like it was pretty major- lots and lots of people. Jared is apparently dancing around it too. Of course I’m basing this on Twitter but people seem to be under the impression that none of them are entirely happy. 

• Useful 1