Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

Plenty of people think they're agender, genderfluid or nonbinary from a metatextual, representation standpoint. Cant give u links, but I'm fairly certain Misha has said that Castiel mainly identifies as a man (because he needs to be Misha lol - and because if he really didn't care, he could have tried swapping if that's Deans issue). Even if this were textual, being "utterly indifferent to sexual orientation", screams pan or ace to me though. I think calling him gay is a pretty huge simplification, especially when in Jensen's words (from his stageit a few weeks ago), they really don't have a human perspective on any of that, physically or emotionally. Angels don't feel the same way, and textually have no way of creating any other angels, they have literally no point of reference. 

Alex has said he likes the idea of he/they Jack when asked; sort of in a you-do-you kind of way - In the Same way Jared did during his stageit this week when a fan brought up their interpretation of both Sam and his Blurry-co-partner-of-ambiguous-gender.

That blurry scene was hardly very ambiguous. You saw a brunnetish? woman in a sun dress. Everyone can headcanon all they wants but from a production standpoint, it was super vanilla.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't think that after being exploded in Swan Song (or later in S7 when he dissolved into Leviathan goo), Castiel's body could be considered a vessel anymore. He was his own thing. But still, this idea of angels having a sexual orientation doesn't make any sense for me.

OTOH, if that's true, then Cas would be pan (without any particular orientation) and the "blame" for the lack of Destiel would fall squarely on Dean/Jensen.  I prefer to think of angels as asexual so he wouldn't think of/recognize "love" in a sexual manner at all.  (Even the few times Cas actually had sex--so much for angels being "junkless"--it wasn't connected with love so much as discovery of another interesting side of human behavior...like enjoying PB&J as a whole instead of molecules.)  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

OTOH, if that's true, then Cas would be pan (without any particular orientation) and the "blame" for the lack of Destiel would fall squarely on Dean/Jensen.  I prefer to think of angels as asexual so he wouldn't think of/recognize "love" in a sexual manner at all.  (Even the few times Cas actually had sex--so much for angels being "junkless"--it wasn't connected with love so much as discovery of another interesting side of human behavior...like enjoying PB&J as a whole instead of molecules.)  

Blame from very immature people. If someone, of whatever gender or orientation is interested in you, that doesn't mean they are entitled to you feeling it back. People need to google consent.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

All seasons...

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 1:48 AM, tessathereaper said:

Probably just what Dabb was hoping.  Oh and Sam and Dean Winchester, his SON? I swear I would boycott that so hard.

Bloodlines and WS... what was the third attempt? 

Oh... Sam and son would be horrific, pathetic and sad. 

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 3
On 11/24/2020 at 8:27 PM, ahrtee said:

Something to think about:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tvs-top-5-how-saved-by-the-bell-honors-its-past-cw-chief-bids-farewell-to-supernatural

2. Farewell, Supernatural.
The CW's long-running genre drama wraps its run next week after an impressive 15 seasons and nearly 330 episodes. The CW CEO Mark Pedowitz joins the show this week to discuss what Supernatural has meant to his network and the future of franchise. "No, we're not. There's a lot of mythology," he says when asked if he's done trying to launch a spinoff after three failed attempts. "We're always open to carrying on the Supernatural universe but it has to be connected to the Winchesters. … I'm always open to ideas — and there are many things I can't discuss."

Another spinoff?  (And have I wiped out one of the attempts from my mind? I only remember two failed attempts.)  At least he knows it has to include Winchesters (though having introduced Young Dean, I am fearful...)

All I can think is that they were pushing for a Jack focused spin-off and it was a hard pass.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:26 AM, Bergamot said:

Well, the CW guy says that it would have to be "connected" to the Winchesters, not that it would have to "include" Winchesters. But if that was the idea, yeah, good luck in trying to get something like that to work without THE Dean Winchester. Obviously they still don't get what made the original show work.

It's so much worse than what was done to Abby in SH.

• Love 2
On 11/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, tessathereaper said:

This is what they threw away. The Boys seems to love his cachet.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Not even a little bit surprised. IMO, *all* of Dean's heart and humanity came from Jensen and his portrayal. His face could launch a thousand ships.

It has launched a couple of fan shios.

• Love 1

I think Misha's problem is that he played a game with people not equipped to see it as such, and it blew up in his face. It really is a shame that the end of an historic run has to end with this cloud over it. While I do hold Misha responsible for feeding (and feeding of off) the expectations of his fans over the years, I lay the blame for any ambiguity about the actual episodes at the feet of Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer. They are the showrunners and the buck stops with them.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think Misha's problem is that he played a game with people not equipped to see it as such, and it blew up in his face. It really is a shame that the end of an historic run has to end with this cloud over it. While I do hold Misha responsible for feeding (and feeding of off) the expectations of his fans over the years, I lay the blame for any ambiguity about the actual episodes at the feet of Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer. They are the showrunners and the buck stops with them.

Yea, I don’t know if it’s generational or what (I feel like a lot of the people replying to him seem quite young). But they are passionate and VERY VERY SERIOUS and you are right, I don’t think he understood. To me, the confession was a big mistake (taking it where they did) if they weren’t going to explore it further and not so...ham-handed. Especially since Cas was about to die. I feel bad for MC, but I feel worse for JA who is getting homophobia accusations when he clearly isn’t homophobic. And the actors don’t write the scripts, like you noted, but they are the ones who have to defend. 

• Love 5

I don't think age has much to do with it. I'm sure volumes could be and have been written about investing so much into fantasy relationships with people they don't really know. I know there is a percentage of people involved in this with genuine concerns about the issues they are talking about, but I absolutely believe the larger number are just fans who didn't get what they want and are getting off on having this semblance of control and connection now.  

Drama is a powerful drug.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Binns said:

Yea, I don’t know if it’s generational or what (I feel like a lot of the people replying to him seem quite young). But they are passionate and VERY VERY SERIOUS and you are right, I don’t think he understood. To me, the confession was a big mistake (taking it where they did) if they weren’t going to explore it further and not so...ham-handed. Especially since Cas was about to die. I feel bad for MC, but I feel worse for JA who is getting homophobia accusations when he clearly isn’t homophobic. And the actors don’t write the scripts, like you noted, but they are the ones who have to defend. 

They would love it if he deleted the video then they could continue on with their delusions. 

As long as that video stays put their delusional activities are exposed as that. 

At the very least, he owes it to so many people to let it be known that there is no alternate ending to 15.18 and there was no conspiracy to silence anyone. 

If he was a truly upstanding individual, he would also defend his friend from all the hate and vitriol that they've aimed at him recently AND in the past and tell them to stop because it's wrong and most definitely not deserved.

Sometimes, as a righteous adult/individual, you have to stand up, put your foot down, and tell it like it is to people when you know that what they're doing and saying is wrong, and even in some cases, absolute lies-and especially when you're dealing with children and child-like mentalities. 

IMO, Misha's time of reckoning has finally come for all that he's done and hasn't done to mitigate the circumstances surrounding this mess(that yes ITA, Dabb and Berens are most responsible for) and to recognize and own up to his own part in furthering it. And the best way for him to do that is to leave the video up because it reflects the truths of the situation more than anything else that's out there right now.

And that's what's needed now more than anything else, the truth, even if it's hard and difficult for his fandom to hear and understand and accept.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't think age has much to do with it. I'm sure volumes could be and have been written about investing so much into fantasy relationships with people they don't really know. I know there is a percentage of people involved in this with genuine concerns about the issues they are talking about, but I absolutely believe the larger number are just fans who didn't get what they want and are getting off on having this semblance of control and connection now.  

Drama is a powerful drug.

IA with this, but I also think that, from all I've seen the mentalities of the most delusional ones, are child-like.

But either way the solution is the same, AFAIC.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dabb and co. should bear the brunt of the blame for all of this and much, much more, AFAIC too.

Not the least being that they ran this show into the ground in these last three seasons through their abysmal and unprofessional writing and showrunning. 

This, his fans need to come to terms with also, even if it means admitting that they kissed their asses all for nothing.

Trying to blame the network when it was their own short-sightedness and misplaced trust in the writers that was predominantly rhe culprit in all of this is also very juvenile behavior.

It's past time for them to own up to that, too, IMO.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

My two cents with respect to this unfortunate aftermath.  My initial reaction to Castiel's monologue was that it was some understanding  on his part that, although he can never be human, he experienced what he could through his association with Dean and others. I thought the "I love you" was the ultimate feeling that humanity experiences. Dean's reaction was that of shock because his friend told him he would soon be dying, having made a deal, while Death is pounding on the door. There's a lot going on and much to process. How anyone could have interpreted Dean's silence as anything other than stunned is beyond me. I did get the brief impression of repulsion. This is not a reaction to a potential '"gay confession" but rather the way many react to sudden bad news. However, as a viewer, I found that monologue to be one of the most poorly written and badly acted scenes I have ever witnessed. This may also account for that hint of incredulity that crossed Jensen's face while Misha was hamming it up. 

I liked Castiel up until season 12. His focus on Jack, repetitive sappy dialogue, eye rolling and pursed lips were a chore to watch.  Though, now, I have encountered Misha Collins. It is impossible not to. I have come to understand he gives his phone number out to depressed little girls and boys, capitalizes on selling his merchandise to them and serves as a beacon in the night to all their woes. He took it upon himself to interpret the monologue the way his fanatics would wish it to be without consideration for: his costar's interpretation of an 11 year old brotherly bond, the interpretation of the majority of less vocal viewers, or the ramifications of insults and injury to Jensen, the show and the viewers. His pale attempt to put out the fire he started and the flames he fanned is laughable and self-serving. He wasn't the hero of the story, and he is not the hero in this controversy. He's an instigator, an opportunist, a whore. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Binns said:

Misha is getting torn apart from his video. What a complete mess. 

Unfortunately I don't think Misha really understands that this whole mess is nothing but a shipping war. Since most of his fan base are Destieler's I don't think he realized there is the flip side to the crazies in the Wincester's.  The W's are rubbing the D's face in the finale because they feel vindicated. The D's are furious that the W's apparently "won" the war. 

I got caught up twice in a shipping war unintentionally on two different forums and the D's were vicious towards the unsuspecting sites that were attacked out of nowhere. They didn't let up for days. And it was over trivial beefs with a single person on the "other" side. This is a much bigger can of worms because their ship now can never be realized. They will never get what they wanted.  

Unfortunately the more attention Misha or anyone else gives to this fake outrage the worse it will get.  They are getting attention now with Misha's tweets (it's all over SM in every forum) and retreating isn't helping.  

It is a big mess that would have never happened if Dabb, Berens, Singer and Misha hadn't hatched this silly plan to make Destiel partially canon. Either go all the way or don't touch it at all. They set up a no win situation and now everyone involved in the show is fair game to people hell bent on destroying careers.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Unfortunately I don't think Misha really understands that this whole mess is nothing but a shipping war. Since most of his fan base are Destieler's I don't think he realized there is the flip side to the crazies in the Wincester's.  The W's are rubbing the D's face in the finale because they feel vindicated. The D's are furious that the W's apparently "won" the war. 

I got caught up twice in a shipping war unintentionally on two different forums and the D's were vicious towards the unsuspecting sites that were attacked out of nowhere. They didn't let up for days. And it was over trivial beefs with a single person on the "other" side. This is a much bigger can of worms because their ship now can never be realized. They will never get what they wanted.  

Unfortunately the more attention Misha or anyone else gives to this fake outrage the worse it will get.  They are getting attention now with Misha's tweets (it's all over SM in every forum) and retreating isn't helping.  

It is a big mess that would have never happened if Dabb, Berens, Singer and Misha hadn't hatched this silly plan to make Destiel partially canon. Either go all the way or don't touch it at all. They set up a no win situation and now everyone involved in the show is fair game to people hell bent on destroying careers.

Yeah, I am having trouble differentiating who's who and what's what even in my very limited travels because the shippers have taken over everywhere.

And yes, they are all such nasty individuals, who care nothing about potentially destroying real people's lives and reputations and wishing violence on them, too.

It's all so awful and really sad.

I'm actually glad that Misha put that video out because everyone needed to know the truth about the spanish dubbing and any so-called conspiracy theories attached to it, but now he should just go to radio silence because it's just too ugly for anyone from the show out there now.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

Someone just shared this screenshot on my timeline but it is still in his likes. I really wish we wouldn't bleed out of our own little spn bubble right now. Do u reckon they have bets on who will be shipped with Jensen first? 😅

image.thumb.png.b152dd87b9a2a3cefa0af85184b77208.png

Ugh. 

This is the worst.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Exactly this. 

• Love 1

Hopefully the people on The Boys have been around enough to know what fandoms are like and can commiserate and laugh about it, behind the scenes of course. Kripke, at least, knows. 

The one 'real' complaint in the Misha debacle is that he did attempt to speak for a group that he is not a part of. Unfortunately when you give people one legit thing to latch on to, everything else gets swept along with it. The best thing he could do now is retreat. When you find yourself in over your head, stop digging.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
Typo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PinkChicken said:

Someone just shared this screenshot on my timeline but it is still in his likes. I really wish we wouldn't bleed out of our own little spn bubble right now. Do u reckon they have bets on who will be shipped with Jensen first? 😓

IMO it will likely be Homelander though I hope that Jensen can avoid the nonsense that he had to endure with the shipping mania on SPN and just have people enjoy Soldier Boy as a character alone.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

I thought angels were sexless?  Although Castiel always kept the same vessel, a couple of the others changed from men to women or vice versa.

Castiel was a woman at least once (S12E10- Lily Sunder Has Some Regrets). 

• Love 2

You know it's a good thing they got all the nice farewell messages and well-wishes and tributes by former cast members out of the way when they finished shooting.

Normally you would do all that after the show finished airing but with how things are right now, back then was a perfect time for it that could be fluffy and happy.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Binns said:

Misha is getting torn apart from his video. What a complete mess. 

This whole thing, IMO, is absolutely ridiculous. His video was fine, IMO. I was hoping it would shut the mean squawkers up. I see no reason anyone should take offense with 15x18. I thought the Jensen and Misha scene was lovely. I chose to take it as familial love but to each their own. I fear that if they keep pestering Misha he will not want to do cons or anything else. I cannot believe the undeserved hate coming from some ppl towards Misha and Jensen. I really feel they should get a life! Also, IMO, Misha needs to stop feeding it. Perhaps he should pull a Jim Beaver (or Jensen) and get off of SM. YMMV. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

You know it's a good thing they got all the nice farewell messages and well-wishes and tributes by former cast members out of the way when they finished shooting.

Normally you would do all that after the show finished airing but with how things are right now, back then was a perfect time for it that could be fluffy and happy.

Yeah, I agree, obviously best things were posted pre-crap finale, including the retrospective which obviously was done ages ago - especially with the main cast.

As for the whole Misha debacle, honestly it's looking more like the CW threw him to the wolves, probably asked him to address it without actually giving him all the information as to what was going on. And the guy got a bus driven over him. So I'm feeling very badly for Misha. I don't think the network is the good guy here, especially on the heels of that WTF finale.

I know nothing about foreign market dubbing, so I just naively assumed there was creative license taken or simple mistakes made. But apparently folks who are actually in the know about that kind of thing, have worked as translators, are saying that really doesn't happen. They get in trouble, possibly fired, if they don't translate as close to what was said as possible - and that translations have to go up through the chain before being released. In other words, there is more than one set of eyes on the product. Also these things get sent to them in advance of the airing in the US so that the countries can get it translated and air their episodes as close to the US airing date as possible.

In other words, I'm starting to see there is more to the story than we might realize, and I will sit back and see what shakes out.

• Useful 3

But if Misha was there (obviously) when the words were actually said, then I'd say he's a pretty good authority on what those words were (or weren't as the case may be). I think he took liberties in playing to his fanbase's desires regarding Destiel, like he's done for years now, only this time it bit him on the ass, and it bit hard. And then he made it worse, because those fans do not want to hear anything that doesn't validate them, period. I'm not saying it's impossible that those words the translator put in Dean's mouth were in a script somewhere that somehow made it to Brazil (of all places), but I don't think so. And if we're going to allow that they might have been there, then who's to say Dean's "I love you, too" wasn't followed by a "but not in that way" that they didn't include? Just as possible, IMO. But since Misha's saying (English speaking) Dean didn't say it, and Jensen certainly implied that there were some things cut, but didn't give the impression that Dean reciprocated Cas's feelings, or even really understood what those feelings were, then I tend to believe that they weren't said by (English speaking) Dean and then cut.

I am glad Jensen is staying out of it, but if the shit-storm continues, I won't be surprised if he ends up coming to Misha's defense, even though Misha has allowed Jensen to be dragged through the mud over it from the jump.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I know nothing about foreign market dubbing, so I just naively assumed there was creative license taken or simple mistakes made. But apparently folks who are actually in the know about that kind of thing, have worked as translators, are saying that really doesn't happen. They get in trouble, possibly fired, if they don't translate as close to what was said as possible - and that translations have to go up through the chain before being released. In other words, there is more than one set of eyes on the product. Also these things get sent to them in advance of the airing in the US so that the countries can get it translated and air their episodes as close to the US airing date as possible.

I live in a country where everything is dubbed and I can tell you from much personal experience comparing the English original and the translations that in no way, shape or form is it always the same or even close to the original sometimes. It can for example be much more important to make the words fit the movement of the mouth.

We have a famous example here where the dubbing pretty much changed entire swaths of dialogue so a show became popular in Germany for witty bantery dialogue when nothing like this was in the original version.

So judging final results, I really can't confirm that is a big legal no-no. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am glad Jensen is staying out of it, but if the shit-storm continues, I won't be surprised if he ends up coming to Misha's defense, even though Misha has allowed Jensen to be dragged through the mud over it from the jump.

I don't know, I expect Jensen to remain radio silent about translations specifically and the finale in general. I get the feeling he's just done. If he wasn't really happy with the finale, maybe he doesn't want to tap dance anymore since he doesn't have to. It's over, he's moving on.

Like I said, I literally know nothing about how these translations work. Just saw a thread by a couple of folks who know something about, I think, the South American market specifically. I guess there's also an Italian translation that has similar lines to the S American translations? Like I said, just seeing some conversation. I'm clueless when it comes to that kind of thing. I personally thought Dean's line fit what we saw here, so I'm going to sit back and see what happens with that. I'm not exactly feeling warm and fuzzy toward the CW, I'll likely never watch the network ever again, so I don't care if they experience some grief.

Then there is the stuff Jensen himself did say got cut between the two characters, what is actually on his personal phone. That has nothing to do with translations, but lines that he admitted were cut. He'll never release that stuff - though at the same time, given the right mood, he could actually show it to a private m&g group at some point in the future.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I get the feeling he's just done. If he wasn't really happy with the finale, maybe he doesn't want to tap dance anymore since he doesn't have to. It's over, he's moving on.

I hope that this is true. 

• Love 6

It didn't help that Dabb also fed the Wincesters, at least from their perspective because there really was no one else visible in Heaven except Bobby and because Sam just seemed to never really move past Dean's death.  Covid clearly had an effect but they could have written around it if they'd cared to, which apparently they didn't.  Also apparently, this was the group that Dabb gleefully said (without identifying the group) would be the only ones that liked it.  For some reason, he thought it would be fun to be as hated as Beniof and Weiss.

I also wonder why we had to put up for three years with Jack the Vanilla Pudding Show Killer when he really turned out to be pretty much a dud who has already faded into the woodwork.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I don't know, I expect Jensen to remain radio silent about translations specifically and the finale in general. I get the feeling he's just done. If he wasn't really happy with the finale, maybe he doesn't want to tap dance anymore since he doesn't have to. It's over, he's moving on.

Just saying there is more chance of Jensen speaking out to defend his friend than the other way around. I sincerely hope that you are right though.

59 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Then there is the stuff Jensen himself did say got cut between the two characters, what is actually on his personal phone.

This fact alone makes me believe there was no such line. Misha knows this exists, and he still says the line (as translated) didn't happen. Did they get different footage along with different audio/transcript? Can't anyone read lips? Honestly, if the scene had played out, if there was time for Dean to respond in any way, I fully expect he would have said "I love you too", but I 1000% believe it would have been followed by "you're family, you're my brother", or "I'm sorry, not the same way". I simply don't and won't believe that a romantic love was on the horizon here unless and until I hear it from Jensen.

• Love 10

Addressing the complete show as opposed to a few lines out of thousands - given the reception the final few episodes got as a whole, after how much they put into it, I wouldn't blame either of them for just walking away. At one point or another, I think that both said they thought people would like the ending. They can't change anything; it's done. And I definitely wouldn't expect them to apologise for what I expect they consider some of their best work on the show.  After giving so much of their lives to Supernatural, it's just a shame it ends so ugly.

1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

Then there is the stuff Jensen himself did say got cut between the two characters, what is actually on his personal phone. That has nothing to do with translations, but lines that he admitted were cut.

Just to clarify, the fan who asked about this scene at her M&G with Jensen, and who then transcribed his answer, didn't include anything about Jensen saying that lines were cut. (She has since deleted the transcription from Twitter, but I had saved this part because I was going to comment on it.) He said that "some of Dean's reaction of what I played into Dean, they did not use." And added that "also some of the stuff Misha played into his side was cut." He then said that it is very common for editors to condense a scene in this way into a "concentrated version". The way he talks about stuff they "played into" their characters, that sounds like actor-speak for something that the actors themselves brought to the scene, artistic choices on their parts. So unless the actors were adding lines on their own initiative, that's probably not what he was referring to. More likely reaction shots that were not used?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lemuria said:

It didn't help that Dabb also fed the Wincesters, at least from their perspective because there really was no one else visible in Heaven except Bobby and because Sam just seemed to never really move past Dean's death.  Covid clearly had an effect but they could have written around it if they'd cared to, which apparently they didn't.  Also apparently, this was the group that Dabb gleefully said (without identifying the group) would be the only ones that liked it.  For some reason, he thought it would be fun to be as hated as Beniof and Weiss.

I also wonder why we had to put up for three years with Jack the Vanilla Pudding Show Killer when he really turned out to be pretty much a dud who has already faded into the woodwork.  

Dabb is dumb if he deliberately pissed off the major fan groups... my spidey senses tell me that the only reason he has his new show on Netflix is because they think it will attract the Supernatural fan base. Dean is the most popular character. I checked Imbd. The finale is started to tank from the 1 star reviews.

There were so many ways to honor both brothers. So many ways to handle it post Covid. So many ways to end the Michael storyline that actually had fans excited...

He is just dumb or spiteful or both.

Somebody better spill something.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

Someone just shared this screenshot on my timeline but it is still in his likes. I really wish we wouldn't bleed out of our own little spn bubble right now. Do u reckon they have bets on who will be shipped with Jensen first? 😓

Did  Homelander answer?

On 11/27/2020 at 10:35 AM, S Cook Productions said:

This whole thing, IMO, is absolutely ridiculous. His video was fine, IMO. I was hoping it would shut the mean squawkers up. I see no reason anyone should take offense with 15x18. I thought the Jensen and Misha scene was lovely. I chose to take it as familial love but to each their own. I fear that if they keep pestering Misha he will not want to do cons or anything else. I cannot believe the undeserved hate coming from some ppl towards Misha and Jensen. I really feel they should get a life! Also, IMO, Misha needs to stop feeding it. Perhaps he should pull a Jim Beaver (or Jensen) and get off of SM. YMMV. 

I thought it was good too. 

I read an article on the finale from a media person and apparently for the LBGTQ community Cas and Dean... well if I understand correctly. They are both seen as queer. Cas announces his love for another man and tells that man how profoundly his life has been changed by knowing him and is promptly carried of to the Empty a state of erasure ir nothingness. 

This happens before the other man can even react. Later he is shown collapsed in grief. That man dies a meaningless death before he can even begin to make a life for himself and make his friend's sacrifice mean something... BEFORE HE CAN CHOOSE HOW TO LIVE HIS LIFE.

The show callously killed two queer characters immediately after outing them. At least this is how it looks to that community. 

So not only did the show toy with them by presenting the dialogue yet leaving it up for interpretation. It them killed Cas and consigned him to nothingness, killed Dean and deprived him of any choice, and then did not reunite them in heaven.

As angry as I am as a Dean fan... and I am angry. I confess to shipping those two back when the subtext was strong. Season 7 Dean was all about missing Cas. I can appreciate how people that who did not quit the ship must feel, and I especially sympathize with what it might mean to LBGTQ people.

I imagine that Misha because aware of these interpretations too. 

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Just to clarify, the fan who asked about this scene at her M&G with Jensen, and who then transcribed his answer, didn't include anything about Jensen saying that lines were cut. (She has since deleted the transcription from Twitter, but I had saved this part because I was going to comment on it.) He said that "some of Dean's reaction of what I played into Dean, they did not use." And added that "also some of the stuff Misha played into his side was cut." He then said that it is very common for editors to condense a scene in this way into a "concentrated version". The way he talks about stuff they "played into" their characters, that sounds like actor-speak for something that the actors themselves brought to the scene, artistic choices on their parts. So unless the actors were adding lines on their own initiative, that's probably not what he was referring to. More likely reaction shots that were not used?

I could swear I heard/saw him speak this answer, because I thought he used the term they 'took the air out' of the scene,  and I thought that was an unusual phrase.  Did I imagine that???

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I could swear I heard/saw him speak this answer, because I thought he used the term they 'took the air out' of the scene,  and I thought that was an unusual phrase.  Did I imagine that???

This fan quoted Jensen as saying "And that's very common, editors will trim up things to speed up a scene, to the point, they call it taking the air out of the scene. Taking the air out, and they'll kind of condense it and it'll be a concentrated version of that scene that was filmed." He said that's why he gave one of the crew members his phone to record the scene as they were filming.  Because he wanted to remember the scene from Jensen's perspective, "and not Dean's perspective that's on the screen, because that will be a highly edited version with music and visual effects and special effects and all that stuff."

It's always interesting to me to hear Jensen talking about acting!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

This fan quoted Jensen as saying "And that's very common, editors will trim up things to speed up a scene, to the point, they call it taking the air out of the scene. Taking the air out, and they'll kind of condense it and it'll be a concentrated version of that scene that was filmed." He said that's why he gave one of the crew members his phone to record the scene as they were filming.  Because he wanted to remember the scene from Jensen's perspective, "and not Dean's perspective that's on the screen, because that will be a highly edited version with music and visual effects and special effects and all that stuff."

It's always interesting to me to hear Jensen talking about acting!

I could swear I saw that though, not read it. Whoa.

3 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Sorry, I can't help you with that! 🙂 This is just what I read.

I feel like it was part of the conversation when he talked about Misha and him watching fan-reaction video (that Misha sent him), and that he wasn't sure what Cas's 'love' would be since he's basically an alien (paraphrased). Anybody?!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bergamot said:

I think that's just as likely it, and it sure would be interesting to see what those reaction shots were like. A friend who was in the m&g thought he also said something about adlibbing too, but she didn't try and transcribe the whole thing. Adlibbing reactions? Every once in a while they adlib lines - and sometimes they get used and sometimes not. Honestly, I think the most interesting thing about what went down there is that Jensen wanted someone to film the entire thing for him on his phone.

• Love 4
On 11/18/2020 at 7:38 PM, Binns said:

“Then in comes Sam's big brother, Dean (Jensen Ackles). He missed the CD revolution, has clearly never heard of Napster. I believe he is wearing a leather jacket over his denim jacket.”

LMAO, she caught the layers upon layers upon layers! 

Very good assessment.

12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I feel like it was part of the conversation when he talked about Misha and him watching fan-reaction video (that Misha sent him), and that he wasn't sure what Cas's 'love' would be since he's basically an alien (paraphrased). Anybody?!

It was in the Stageit panel I think. I remember seeing it as well

• Love 2