Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I hope the second season half gets to Netflix fast.  Due to family circumstances I was completely pre-occupied for the last 2 months.  I go to watch on CW, and it’s missing the first 2 episodes, 14-15.  😞

3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I hope the second season half gets to Netflix fast.  Due to family circumstances I was completely pre-occupied for the last 2 months.  I go to watch on CW, and it’s missing the first 2 episodes, 14-15.  😞

The second half of the season is already Netflix — I’ve watched parts of the last few episodes just this week.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Awesome. I met him at a Con once, years back and told him something nice about the Gordon-character. His reaction was so sweet and excited, he dropped his autograph pen to shake my hand. Fantastic guy.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Gordon was such a great villain. Just so focused, much like our boys get, but directed in an unhealthy way and taken to an extreme. And what a way to go out. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Binns said:

Gordon was such a great villain. Just so focused, much like our boys get, but directed in an unhealthy way and taken to an extreme. And what a way to go out. 

I loved Gordon! Well, actually, I hated Gordon. But, what a great character. So dedicated to his absolute pursuit of evil, that he couldn't make distinctions. And he had followers! I miss the good old days.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Terese said:

I loved Gordon! Well, actually, I hated Gordon. But, what a great character. So dedicated to his absolute pursuit of evil, that he couldn't make distinctions. And he had followers! I miss the good old days.

I liked how he was clearly crazy but when Kubrick was all “he’s the antichrist and I’m on a mission from God to destroy him” that was juuuuust a bit TOO crazy for Gordon, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Binns said:

I liked how he was clearly crazy but when Kubrick was all “he’s the antichrist and I’m on a mission from God to destroy him” that was juuuuust a bit TOO crazy for Gordon, lol. 

I loved that whole story arc! Intense, and hillarious. "It's a sign." As I think about it, Season 2 is one of my top favorites, nestled in there with 4, 5, and 11.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Only for U.S. citizens since it's a fund raiser for and American election. Election Laws prohibit contribution from other countries.

Should be interesting! I wonder if they will limit talk to politics - although they do mention 'reminiscing'...  I know only US citizens can donate, but that shouldn't preclude us watching. Hopefully they will make it available to view to non-US fans.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Only for U.S. citizens since it's a fund raiser for and American election. Election Laws prohibit contribution from other countries.

Isn't that the rep that said a white man was racist towards her in a grocery store and then backed down when a witness said it didn't happen?  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Isn't that the rep that said a white man was racist towards her in a grocery store and then backed down when a witness said it didn't happen?  

No idea, but she is the one rallying voters in Georgia, both for the general election and now for the run-off vote in January.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Katy M said:

No, it’s not. There’s been more than one black woman in the Georgia Legislature. They aren’t interchangeable.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I've read a lot about Stacy Abrams because she's awesome and I've never heard about this story. Where did you hear this?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DeeDee79 said:

I've read a lot about Stacy Abrams because she's awesome and I've never heard about this story. Where did you hear this?

It’s not true. It sounds similar to what happened with Erica Thomas in a Publix, but it wasn’t Stacey Abrams.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

No, it’s not. There’s been more than one black woman in the Georgia Legislature. They aren’t interchangeable.

I apologize if I got names messed up.  I in no way think black people are interchangeable.  That's why I asked. It was a couple of years ago and I'd forgotten who it was, but for some reason thought it was her.   I've looked it up.  It was Erica Thomas. Thanks for the name @Jeddah.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Should be interesting! I wonder if they will limit talk to politics - although they do mention 'reminiscing'...  I know only US citizens can donate, but that shouldn't preclude us watching. Hopefully they will make it available to view to non-US fans.

I'm sure it will make it's way to YouTube eventually.

• Love 1

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I wish Misha Collins would stop using Supernatural and its fandom to accrue money to promote and use for his political ideals. Mind you, I have no problem with his various posts, beliefs, etc. but I do object to him using the fandom to promote himself. 

Edited by FlickChick
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I wish Misha Collins would stop using Supernatural and its fandom to accrue money to promote and use for his political ideals. Mind you, I have no problem with his various posts, beliefs, etc. but I do object to him using the fandom to promote himself. 

ITA

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PinkChicken said:

fyi for people who wont tune in for the politics Stacey leaves halfway through and they just chat about spn trivia to guide the conversation, and then end with a new bonus gag reel

Cool thanks. I didn’t join but would be Interested to hear any supernatural stuff. 

59 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

live 

That was fun.  Jensen and the lock....

7 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Cool thanks. I didn’t join but would be Interested to hear any supernatural stuff. 

I did love Stacy's story about how she got into Supernatural and how it influenced her life. Watch the first few minutes for that part.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Well, there are many celebrities with a built-in audience who use it as a platform for their own interests.  Jared does it for AKF, for Pete's sake.  And Misha also has the Random Acts, a (mostly) non-political nonprofit (BTW, according to their website, Danneel and Gen are on the board, and Rachel Miner is the Executive Director).  And no one actually has to participate (or even watch, much less donate) if they don't agree with the philosophy.  You have to actively take a step to join in, to watch or read the SM posts.  (Though I agree sometimes it's hard to read things you disagree with from someone you otherwise admire.)    

TBH, I have no problem with people who use their celebrity status to raise money (or just awareness) for some good purpose (whether I agree with the politics or not).  It's better than trying to get a fandom to buy some overpriced or unnecessary item just because a "star" endorsed it.   JMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, FlickChick said:

‘Turning your Social Media over for a cause’ is a very common thing these days.   In these forums Misha has generally stuck to ‘get out the vote’ activities — which has apparently become a partisan issue.  But Misha, who has mobilized the fandom for years with GISH is very adept.  

Personally I think Misha is all about the cause he’s fighting for versus self-promoting. But his causes are definitely a ‘brand’. Ultimately we weren’t entitled to those gifts auctioned or bonus gag reel.  Misha got others to invest in his cause.  He raised $250K for a get out the vote campaign.  I think it’s pretty tame.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ahrtee said:

TBH, I have no problem with people who use their celebrity status to raise money (or just awareness) for some good purpose (whether I agree with the politics or not).  It's better than trying to get a fandom to buy some overpriced or unnecessary item just because a "star" endorsed it.   JMO.

ITA, and for this American, this particular issue is a good cause - a vital cause. Plus Stacey Abrams is a rock star, IMO - I love listening to her talk because she knows her shit.

Obviously it's not for everyone, but I don't have a problem with it because no one is forced to participate or join in. I did, I believe in the issue, and I'm missing me my favorite actor(s)! So it was all good.

12 minutes ago, SueB said:

‘Turning your Social Media over for a cause’ is a very common thing these days.   In these forums Misha has generally stuck to ‘get out the vote’ activities — which has apparently become a partisan issue.  But Misha, who has mobilized the fandom for years with GISH is very adept.  

Personally I think Misha is all about the cause he’s fighting for versus self-promoting. But his causes are definitely a ‘brand’. Ultimately we weren’t entitled to those gifts auctioned or bonus gag reel.  Misha got others to invest in his cause.  He raised $250K for a get out the vote campaign.  I think it’s pretty tame. 

I agree with this too. Misha is passionate about voting and the injustices happening in the country and across the world. I fully expect at some point he will go back into politics, starting at the local level. He really should, I think he'd be good at it. Running up to the election, all kinds of actors and series casts were performing zoom sessions just like this one to raise money for voting and certain candidates.

Like Ahrtee said, it's better than hocking tee shirts.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I've seen some spec that maybe Jensen has his hair dyed dark under the beanie.  Soldier Boy perhaps?

I think it may have been wet, maybe he'd showered? He was wearing a robe, which is unusual for him. LOL! If they were going to dye his hair - and hey, they might! - I'd think it would be closer to filming.

Plus, he had said in his panel a few weeks ago that they asked him to grow out his beard - but the beard is suddenly shaved off. Hmmm. Of course, it takes him no time to grow one out, so maybe he thought he'd wait until after the first of the year rather than going full on mountain man in the meantime. Curiouser and curiouser.

Kripke did mention seeing the super suit, and sounded impressed. 😋

ETA: I did love seeing some of the actors last night who we haven't seen in a long time. I particularly enjoyed seeing Curtis Armstrong participate. He looks like he's lost some weight. Sebastian had a lot to say. And Jim Beaver had to run because he said he was going to work, so he must have been in a trailer and is shooting something somewhere.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

I think it may have been wet, maybe he'd showered? He was wearing a robe, which is unusual for him. LOL! If they were going to dye his hair - and hey, they might! - I'd think it would be closer to filming.

Plus, he had said in his panel a few weeks ago that they asked him to grow out his beard - but the beard is suddenly shaved off. Hmmm. Of course, it takes him no time to grow one out, so maybe he thought he'd wait until after the first of the year rather than going full on mountain man in the meantime. Curiouser and curiouser.

Kripke did mention seeing the super suit, and sounded impressed. 😋

I think it was one of his old man sweaters. 😁

Between the trimmed/shaved beard and the covered hair, and Kripke mentioning the suit, my spec is that he did a photo shoot in costume, and he has plenty of time to grow the beard back by February. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

I really enjoyed last night's panel. There were probably too many people and it had the energy of theater kids at 2am in The Waffle House, but I was laughing so hard I was crying.

A quick rundown of the highlights

- The first 35ish minutes was focused on the cause. Stacey did, in my opinion, a great job of hitting her talking points without it feeling like talking points. She also clearly loves the show and was fangirling out a bit. Who can blame her? The cast asked her questions including, I thought, a really good one about disability accommodations from Shoshannah

- She had not seen the last three episodes and plans to binge them tomorrow after celebrating her birthday today

-after she left, they had cast and fan trivia which was a bit of a mess and hilarious. One of the questions was the name of the herpes drug Sam did the advertisement for which led to a really ridiculous discussion of herpes. Sam was saying subscription, there was discussion of prescription vs. subscription and genital herpes vs. other types. It was ridiculous. Felicia Day said she had once auditioned for a herpes medication commercial. 

- JP also told a story about replacing Sebastien Roche's massage therapist at the airport and getting increasingly inappropriate as a prank (under the shirt, low on the back, tweaking nipples?) There may have been some embellishment.

-JA did have a beer. He didn't talk as much but he did talk about how happy he was that they were all a family and how this wasn't the end. 

-the panel ended in bloopers

Overall, there wasn't much content and there was almost no discussion of the show, but it was silly and really cool to see so many people affiliated with the show in one place. Everyone seemed relaxed and happy. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Well, there are many celebrities with a built-in audience who use it as a platform for their own interests.  Jared does it for AKF, for Pete's sake.  And Misha also has the Random Acts, a (mostly) non-political nonprofit (BTW, according to their website, Danneel and Gen are on the board, and Rachel Miner is the Executive Director).  And no one actually has to participate (or even watch, much less donate) if they don't agree with the philosophy.  You have to actively take a step to join in, to watch or read the SM posts.  (Though I agree sometimes it's hard to read things you disagree with from someone you otherwise admire.)    

I absolutely agree with this!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Another fun bit:

Kripke: Jared, I always wondered what you used to protect your junk during the Nutcracker scene. (In Changing Channels) 

Jared: ...

Jensen: A thimble.

😁

There was quite a bit more genital talk than I had anticipated. 😆

I also enjoyed the exchange where someone clarified that there were no happy endings on the set of Supernatural (in reference to the massage) and Jensen said something like "at least not scripted." 😆

Seriously, the absolute chaos once Stacey dropped off was hilarious.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, The Companion said:

There was quite a bit more genital talk than I had anticipated. 😆

Kripke is the instigator - the guy is a perv (in the best way of course). He is the biggest overgrown frat-boy of all.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Did no one catch Arrow breaking in for Daddy time?

And Danneel coming in for a hug from behind.

Arrow and Zep should have had a birthday last week, right?  Four?  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think it was one of his old man sweaters. 😁

Between the trimmed/shaved beard and the covered hair, and Kripke mentioning the suit, my spec is that he did a photo shoot in costume, and he has plenty of time to grow the beard back by February. 

Oh yeah, could have been a sweater. It'd really be OOC for Jensen to be wearing a robe on a zoom call. That's why I thought it was odd. LOL!

I've seen speculation that he may have just done a photo shoot - that may be how Kripke saw the suit. If they plan on dying his hair for the role, and they had to do it for the photo shoot, that could also explain the beanie.

• Useful 1
34 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Oh yeah, could have been a sweater. It'd really be OOC for Jensen to be wearing a robe on a zoom call. That's why I thought it was odd. LOL!

I've seen speculation that he may have just done a photo shoot - that may be how Kripke saw the suit. If they plan on dying his hair for the role, and they had to do it for the photo shoot, that could also explain the beanie.

Yep, exactly.

1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

It sounded to me like Kripke had *just* seen the suit and was teasing Jensen about what it looked like.  It didn't sound (to me) like Jensen knew it yet (I think they showed him or discussed some options before hand?) but it hadn't been completed yet.  

I thought it was funny that he and Jared had exchanged hairstyles.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

And Danneel coming in for a hug from behind.

Arrow and Zep should have had a birthday last week, right?  Four?  

Yeah it was sweet them popping up.  Very briefly and quietly.  Jensen kissing Arrow's little nose was adorable.

• Love 3