Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I don't follow Jim. What picture of Jensen and Jared did these so-called "fans" object to, if I may ask? These people sound absolutely rabid.

The bts pic of the guys on the bridge. I'm guessing because Misha wasn't in the picture.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I don't follow Jim. What picture of Jensen and Jared did these so-called "fans" object to, if I may ask? These people sound absolutely rabid.

There was a picture of Jared and Jensen on the bridge and Jim captioned it 'No words necessary' or something like that.  The two sides started fighting and Jim blocked some more rabid destiel fan and liked a few wincest ones that that caused more fighting and he just deleted it. 

He didn't help the situation because desties accused him of taking sides 

Its too bad because it was a nice photo.  Its why I'm glad cons aren't happening right now. 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

It was a benign enough tweet - the pic Casseopeia mentioned - with the caption 'no words needed' (or something close to that). A little tone deaf if (if you weren't a fan of the finale), but not riot-worthy. I responded, "I can think of a few: Hello 9-1-1?  I need an ambulance. " 

Nothing to start fan wars over though.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

There was a picture of Jared and Jensen on the bridge and Jim captioned it 'No words necessary' or something like that.  The two sides started fighting and Jim blocked some more rabid destiel fan and liked a few wincest ones that that caused more fighting and he just deleted it. 

He didn't help the situation because desties accused him of taking sides 

Its too bad because it was a nice photo.  Its why I'm glad cons aren't happening right now. 

I had hoped the shipping wars would have ended with the show....how naïve.  

• Love 1
On 1/7/2021 at 10:40 AM, Icarus said:

I am really missing any SM from these two - Danneel used to post pics of halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc - not always but we usually got something with her and the kids and sometimes Jensen and as for Jensen the last we saw was the snow clearing video - I find it very surprising actually that they are so quiet - Jensen maybe but Danneel and the kids as well?  I miss them!!

I miss them, too. But honestly, Jensen has lived his life in the 'eye' of the SPN fandom for 15 years - he's entitled to a private life for a while. More importantly, I think it's good to take a social media break now and then, and this is a good time to do it. In a few weeks (hopefully) filming will begin on The Boys, and they are a very active cast, social media-wise, so I am confident we'll be seeing and hearing a lot more from Jensen once that starts. Especially if they have to isolate (as a group) while filming - there won't be a lot else to do. As long as they are all healthy and happy and just choosing to take a little break, I can (try to) wait patiently. 🙂

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Give it at least two or three years. It's much too soon now.

"Destiel", Misha, Jensen (and sometimes Jared) and Supernatural are all still in the top ten/twenty lists on Tumblr as of this week. Until all those people find something new to latch on to, the shipping wars will never be over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

"Destiel", Misha, Jensen (and sometimes Jared) and Supernatural are all still in the top ten/twenty lists on Tumblr as of this week. Until all those people find something new to latch on to, the shipping wars will never be over.

To be expected. Especially when a ship doesn't get endgame, it won't subside easily because of the anger.

Ultimately the shipper fandom will shrink because a lot of people do find new things. Ironically I think content that doesn't have a ship canonically together does produce bigger online ship fandoms because there is more to fantasize, speculate, campaign and "fix". Just as a shows with "goofier" writing usually have bigger online fandoms for pretty much the same reasons. Hence, some CW shows are huge online presences but little ratings blips, even considering the advantage in younger viewership.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 12/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, DeeDee79 said:

I agree. I've seen comments here and there from disgruntled fans wanting to know why he couldn't give Misha and/or Jared a role as well. *sigh*

The acting on The Boys is very top notch. It's a hit premiere streaming show. Jensen earned the role.

• Love 8

Do we know what Supernatural is nominated for?

Okay edit...Jensen and Jared are both nominated for best actor in a horror series. Sorry Jared I love you  but wouldn't it be cool if Jensen accepted the award tonight live-ish!!!

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Okay edit...Jensen and Jared are both nominated for best actor in a horror series. Sorry Jared I love you  but wouldn't it be cool if Jensen accepted the award tonight live-ish!!!

Jensen WON!!!! Acceptance speech in tweet below.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

He beat out Michael Emerson and Ben Mendelsohn.

So. Awesome.

And so, SO! well deserved. 

I'm thrilled for him and he looks Amazing. 🥰

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

He beat out Michael Emerson and Ben Mendelsohn.

So. Awesome.

And so, SO! well deserved. 

I'm thrilled for him and he looks Amazing. 🥰

YAY JENSEN!  And at least Jared got to put in a verrry long plug for Walker.  😊 

Not that I'm complaining (definitely not!) but did anyone say who the "critics" are who made the choice?  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Not that I'm complaining (definitely not!) but did anyone say who the "critics" are who made the choice?  

Answering my own question (in case anyone else is curious):
"The Critics Choice Association is the largest critics organization in the United States and Canada, representing more than 400 television, radio and online critics. It was organized last year [I think that was in 2019] with the formal merger of the Broadcast Film Critics Association and the Broadcast Television Journalists Association, recognizing the blurring of the distinctions between film, television, and streaming content. For more information, visit: www.CriticsChoice.com."

(From their website):  To be a member of the Critics Choice Association:

Applicants for CCA membership must be working film critics or TV journalists whose coverage of a broad range of films in current theatrical or broadcast release is available on a regular basis to a wide audience.

Online critics must be the primary critic on their site.

All applicants must:

Furnish verifiable evidence from Google Metrics (or the like) of the audience numbers for their reviews.

Demonstrate that they review movies or TV on a regular basis.

Include current, clearly defined and reliable directions to their reviews or TV coverage (links, mp3s, URLs). 

Be prepared to present clips of their work at CCA’s request. 

Understand that professional behavior is mandated.  Acceptance is at the discretion of the CCA board, as is expulsion.

There are currently about 440 voting members. They also have specialized awards for documentaries and reality/unscripted TV.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I'm tickled pink that Jensen won against some other really good actors - and that this was an actual real award! Not like the Kiddie's or People's Choice thing. I didn't watch the show because the CW is deader than a dead thing to me and I haven't check into the network since the finale fail. But I was so happy to see all the squee'ing on twitter last night. And he looks soooooooo delicious!!!!! Clearly still in the mountains - but WHERE in the mountains? If he isn't in Ontario by now, he should be any day as the actors are slowly making their way into Toronto for quarantining.

I was also thrilled that The Boys won so big - five awards, I believe. Jensen made the right move!

• Love 10

Nice of somebody from the CW to acknowledge Jensen. Where are all his 'friends' who he has so visibly supported over the years?* Fangasm managed an OMG congrats! post for Jensen, who actually won, and dedicated the rest to how wonderful it was he thanked Jared, and these lovely words for him:

jared.png

I'm sure 'OMG congrats' took equally as much thought.

Pfffft.

ETA: *this is a legit question. I don't follow anyone else from the show any more - did anybody tweet?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Kripke congratulated Jensen. And Jim Michael. The CW was silent on their only win. Nice.

Since it is an actor no longer with them and thus no longer benefiting them, I wouldn't exoect it anyway. The people running their social media presence always lack professionalism and class. Across the board. Other shows sm is really bad, too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Kripke congratulated Jensen. And Jim Michael. The CW was silent on their only win. Nice.

On a show on their own network. Seriously, Jensen, run far and fast away from all of them.

Is the @cw_spn account still active? (ETA: I see it is. Assholes.)

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

On a show on their own network. Seriously, Jensen, run far and fast away from all of them.

Is the @cw_spn account still active? (ETA: I see it is. Assholes.)

The CW is busy pushing Walker.  Jared is the flavor of the month, and he lost.  Jensen (and SPN) don't count.  

ETA:  Since Jensen and Danneel will be developing new shows for Warner Bros., which is (one of) the CW's parent companies, I certainly hope he gets the last laugh on the CW. 

Incidentally, while the news of the deal was back in October, I just saw an article that goes into a little more detail than I'd seen before:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jensen-danneel-ackles-ink-overall-deal-at-warner-bros-tv

Edited by ahrtee
  • Useful 4
14 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

The CW is busy pushing Walker.  Jared is the flavor of the month, and he lost.  Jensen (and SPN) don't count.  

The CW, fine (even if it does show them for the petty douchebags they are). But the cw_spn account is still active, and they are still showing episodes on their app, not to mention syndication, and all that account can tweet about is Walker and other show. Jensen gave them 15 years, and ten seconds to tweet congratulations is too much to ask. Of course they did the same thing when he won the People's Choice Award, too. It took a full day of fans shaming them into it for a weak-sauce tweet.

And nothing from his former castmates? SPN 'family', indeed.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

Yeah, it's pretty low-rent of the CW to say nothing about their one and only win of the night. Then again, it's the CW - low-rent is its wheelhouse.

Did they really think because they were the ones airing the program that the committee would just hand over the wins to the J the CW is promoting and the show he used to be on? Sorry, but I honestly believe one or both of those names to the respective categories may have been a courtesy for the network to begin with. But that doesn't mean they intended to hand out either of those awards to the CW just 'cuz.

Jensen, of course, was so much more classy than the network et. al. deserved, including all of them for thanks in his acceptance speech. Then again, Jensen has been way too good for the network for many years.

Still, given the other actors in the category, I was pleasantly surprised Jensen won. Not that I don't think he deserved it - and I do agree it was more likely for his body of work on the show beyond this last season. But almost any of those other actors would totally have deserved the award too. If I recall, I did watch all the series every other actor in the category was a part of. I didn't like Lovecraft Country as much as I thought I would, even though I'm glad it beat out SPN, but the performances were excellent. Michael K. Williams is someone I have loved watching since I first saw him on The Wire.

I don't like Jim Michaels, but at least he had the common courtesy to congratulate Jensen. Of course, Michaels is already gone from the CW and moving onto The Boys himself as well, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, PAForrest said:

that this was an actual real award! Not like the Kiddie's or People's Choice thing

I thought the People’s Choice thing was actually something.  I remember years ago when Jerry Seinfeld won, he said it meant more to him because it was the people that voted. But I guess that was the days before online bots and hackers or whatever??
I'm disappointed too that other cast members haven’t congratulated Jensen publicly online. Probably have by phone and text.  Maybe everyone wants to stay clear of Twitter after all the loonies went after Jim Michael’s. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I thought the People’s Choice thing was actually something.  I remember years ago when Jerry Seinfeld won, he said it meant more to him because it was the people that voted. But I guess that was the days before online bots and hackers or whatever??
I'm disappointed too that other cast members haven’t congratulated Jensen publicly online. Probably have by phone and text.  Maybe everyone wants to stay clear of Twitter after all the loonies went after Jim Michael’s. 

Yeah I figure that has more to do with the loonies, they all have his phone number they can text him.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The CW, fine (even if it does show them for the petty douchebags they are). But the cw_spn account is still active, and they are still showing episodes on their app, not to mention syndication, and all that account can tweet about is Walker and other show. Jensen gave them 15 years, and ten seconds to tweet congratulations is too much to ask. Of course they did the same thing when he won the People's Choice Award, too. It took a full day of fans shaming them into it for a weak-sauce tweet.

And nothing from his former castmates? SPN 'family', indeed.

This is petty and childish IMO. Good on Jensen for going on to bigger, greener pastures.

5 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Then again, Jensen has been way too good for the network for many years.

1000 likes for this sentiment.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2021 at 9:32 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

So thrilled for Jensen. It is the very least he deserves. Hopefully next year he'll join all his castmates from The Boys in accepting another. 

Amen, and not to Chuck. Ahem.

Okay, I'm going to get cheesy as hell. But it really makes my day to see good Jensen news and accomplishments. And also, I always think of you guys who deeply support him.  

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, ahrtee said:

ETA:  Since Jensen and Danneel will be developing new shows for Warner Bros., which is (one of) the CW's parent companies, I certainly hope he gets the last laugh on the CW. 

Incidentally, while the news of the deal was back in October, I just saw an article that goes into a little more detail than I'd seen before:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jensen-danneel-ackles-ink-overall-deal-at-warner-bros-tv

That sounds way more winning than a vanity project like Walker. The promos look horrible. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

6 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

And what is amazing is he did it I a season in which there were erasing his character and giving him nothing to do. This win was all Jensen.

It was mostly you, Sir.

It truly was.

So you hang on tight to it and hang your hat on it because it was past time you were recognized in this way and so very well deserved.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He is a good man. ♥♥♥

The Best. 💝

• Love 11
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He is a good man. ♥♥♥

Yes he is, and very PC. But that's part of why we love him - he's a genuinely good guy.

And yes the hair is to die for! I also love his pet names for Misha and Danneel - Mish and Dee. Sweet.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 7

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that Jared didn't congratulate Jensen on his award publicly after Jensen mentioned him publicly in his brief acceptance speech? Apparently Jared was able to post a tweet a few hours ago that his family is also his friends, complete with pictures.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that Jared didn't congratulate Jensen on his award publicly after Jensen mentioned him publicly in his brief acceptance speech? Apparently Jared was able to post a tweet a few hours ago that his family is also his friends, complete with pictures.

Nope. You're not. I don't care what/if any private contact there may have been, Jared should have responded publicly, and with praise, not a half assed 'joke'. If nothing else it's professional courtesy. Same goes for Misha. They both seem small. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Nope. You're not. I don't care what/if any private contact their may have been, Jared should have responded publicly, and with praise, not a half assed 'joke'. If nothing else it's professional courtesy. Same goes for Misha. They both seem small. 

Thus the word "professional". Seems lacking in both, I'm afraid.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Nope. You're not. I don't care what/if any private contact there may have been, Jared should have responded publicly, and with praise, not a half assed 'joke'. If nothing else it's professional courtesy. Same goes for Misha. They both seem small. 

Thus the word "professional". Seems lacking in both, I'm afraid.

Moose has been on my "are you kidding me?" List since he said the Final was his Favorite episode. But I'm still surprised, especially at Misha. 

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

Moose has been on my "are you kidding me?" List since he said the Final was his Favorite episode.

I've been side eyeing him for years and sadly I'm not surprised.

2 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

But I'm still surprised, especially at Misha. 

After he contributed to Jensen being thrown and trampled under the bus over Destiel this is pretty expected IMO.