Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I've been side eyeing him for years and sadly I'm not surprised.

After he contributed to Jensen being thrown and trampled under the bus over Destiel this is pretty expected IMO.

I purposely avoiding his social media when he kept embarrassing himself (like the "wanting to fight Bieber" comment, or whatever it was). It was more of live and let live, still wished him well. Ironically, I started the show back in 2005, partly because of knowing him from GG.

hmmm....Mish-ah has definitely help ignite, and reignite the Destiel fire over the years. One consequence being Jensen being unfairly attacked for not getting onboard their ship. (NOT that he can control people or is responsible for the actions of others, but you know what I mean. He influenced.). I mostly avoided him too. Recently I was impressed with his reaction to the BLM, with the virtual talks that featured Black professionals (Jensen and Danneel joined). 99.5% of his posts are political now. He broke that pattern a couple weeks ago to post a long thing about the Destiel scene. I skimmed, and can't even remember what he said. I'm so over it. I'm ready to block The D-ship from my twitter timeline at this point.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is so weird! I was actually trying to look for this the other day but I couldn't remember Kirby's name.

Thanks for posting.

I’m pretty sure Jared started a side business and was featured in Men’s Health magazine, but what do I know? I guess no other cast member is doing anything.

Edited by BornToDie
Had issues posting
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, BornToDie said:

I’m pretty sure Jared started a side business and was featured in Men’s Health magazine, but what do I know? I guess no other cast member is doing anything.

Yes Jared has a started a health business and yes other cast members have their own side businesses. Not sure about Misha (or anyone else) but Jensen and Danneel have a production contract with Warner Brothers. Does that help?

• Love 7

“I think it was very, very purposely ambiguous and strangely I agreed with that,” he says. “I feel like a lot of what Sam did after Dean died was almost in honor of what Dean would have wanted, and Dean would not have wanted his little brother to marry Eileen, Ruby, someone in the life.”

This is a quote from Jared in Variety, part of an article about Walker and the ending of Supernatural - and he is getting slaughtered for it on SM. I don't have a problem with it as I am a brothers fan even if more Dean/Jensen leaning.  Also I didn't see any real spark between Sam and Eileen.  There has been so much hate being thrown at Jared and Jensen about the ending by the rabid side of Misha fans and it does not seem to be dying down - I try and skim over it all but it is difficult, hoping it will die down soon and that they don't follow Jensen to The Boys.

In reply to Born to Die - this forum has, since I joined anyway, been much more Dean/Jensen leaning and considering a lot of the other forums are more Sam leaning I have not had a problem with it and if I think someone is going a bit far I just ignore it - there is enough hate out there for Jensen especially and Jared and Misha to drown in if you aren't careful.

57 minutes ago, Icarus said:

“I think it was very, very purposely ambiguous and strangely I agreed with that,” he says. “I feel like a lot of what Sam did after Dean died was almost in honor of what Dean would have wanted, and Dean would not have wanted his little brother to marry Eileen, Ruby, someone in the life.”

The thing with this quote is, Jared  didn't even own it, he used Dean to convey it  (the bolded).  Dude, do you even hear dialogue if you're not speaking it? Dean explicitly show his support tor Sam and Eileen multiple times.  So yeah. 

Jared did get the cover for it  though.

Nice to share it with Chuck Norris. That oughta get him at least 70m viewers.  😁

20210116_070107.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Icarus said:

What a strange and IMO wildly wrong interpretation from Jared re: Dean's opinion on hunters being together in his later years. Its so off kilter that it makes me wonder if Dabb told Jared that was his reason for giving Sam a blurry wife in the finale. Otherwise, it sure   makes it seem like Jared did not watch the show at all in the past four seasons because Dean consistently supported and encouraged  Sam and Eileen. I think it was pretty clear Dean changed his stance with "The Chitters" episode when he learned Jesse and Cesar  made it work as a couple.

How weird

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Icarus said:

Well, I think we can all agree Dean wouldn't want Sam to marry Ruby.  But, I think he'd be pretty on board with Eileen.  Assuming that's what Sam wanted.  But I can also see Dean wanting Sam to finally be able to get out of the life and a hunting wife might make that more of a challenge.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well, I think we can all agree Dean wouldn't want Sam to marry Ruby.  But, I think he'd be pretty on board with Eileen.  Assuming that's what Sam wanted.  But I can also see Dean wanting Sam to finally be able to get out of the life and a hunting wife might make that more of a challenge.  

In the end Dean was randomely dead (and I would hardly call that a great success story for him, even in the most Sam-centric of worlds so that part of the interview rankled). If Sam married a blurry wife, that was his decision. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Otherwise, it sure   makes it seem like Jared did not watch the show at all in the past four seasons because Dean consistently supported and encouraged  Sam and Eileen.

Of course he did! As you say, what a weird comment to make.

And it's even more bizarre that he includes Ruby as someone Dean "wouldn't have wanted his little brother to marry" because she was "someone in the life". I agree, it does make it sound like Jared didn't even watch the show.  Uh, maybe Dean wouldn't have wanted Sam to marry Ruby because she played him for a complete fool and used him to free Lucifer from the Cage. Not to mention the small fact that she was a demon who was animating a corpse!

To me it just sounds like Jared wants to make the fact that Sam stopped hunting into an admirable and praiseworthy choice, something that he "did for Dean".  Personally I don't have a problem with Sam deciding to stop hunting if that's what he wanted to do at that point. But I don't see anything particularly "noble" about him doing it, or think that it was something that Dean would have wanted him to do unless he wanted it for himself.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What a strange and IMO wildly wrong interpretation from Jared re: Dean's opinion on hunters being together in his later years. Its so off kilter that it makes me wonder if Dabb told Jared that was his reason for giving Sam a blurry wife in the finale. Otherwise, it sure   makes it seem like Jared did not watch the show at all in the past four seasons because Dean consistently supported and encouraged  Sam and Eileen. I think it was pretty clear Dean changed his stance with "The Chitters" episode when he learned Jesse and Cesar  made it work as a couple.

How weird

25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

DEAN: Look, man, I didn't want to say anything, okay, 'cause I was kind of in in a bad place, and, uh, yeah, I didn't want to jinx it or whatever, but, you know, I tried the family thing, right?

SAM: Yeah, me too. And that's not for us.

DEAN: No, not really. But I'm just saying if it was to work, Eileen, you know, she gets it. She gets us. She gets the life. She's hot.

SAM: [SCOFFS] Dean. I mean, I'm not even-

DEAN: Look, all I'm saying is you- you could do worse, okay? And she could certainly do better. Like, so much better. I'm happy for you, Sammy.

(from 15.08, Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

To me it just sounds like Jared wants to make the fact that Sam stopped hunting into an admirable and praiseworthy choice, something that he "did for Dean".  Personally I don't have a problem with Sam deciding to stop hunting if that's what he wanted to do at that point. But I don't see anything particularly "noble" about him doing it, or think that it was something that Dean would have wanted him to do unless he wanted it for himself.

Not to mention, Dean didn't have to die for any of this to happen, unless Jared is still trying to put the onus of him staying 'in the life' on Dean. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

In the end Dean was randomly dead (and I would hardly call that a great success story for him, even in the most Sam-centric of worlds so that part of the interview rankled).

Okay, I have not read this interview, but I can't understand calling  Dean's death "a great success story". It still make me so sad to think of Dean losing his life when he had sacrificed so much and finally reached the point where he was free to decide what he wanted to do next. Even with everything he endured since he was a child, he still found a way to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Like in the last episode, where we see him hugging his dog and going to the pie festival. Dean was always bursting with life! He was willing to die to save those little boys from the vampires, but that doesn't mean that his death was not an awful thing.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

DEAN: Look, man, I didn't want to say anything, okay, 'cause I was kind of in in a bad place, and, uh, yeah, I didn't want to jinx it or whatever, but, you know, I tried the family thing, right?

DEAN: No, not really. But I'm just saying if it was to work, Eileen, you know, she gets it. She gets us. She gets the life. She's hot.

DEAN: Look, all I'm saying is you- you could do worse, okay? And she could certainly do better. Like, so much better. I'm happy for you, Sammy.

This. Yes, it's like Jared remembers nothing at all from before the pandemic hiatus. Like the entire series is a blur for him. Maybe it is. Or maybe he just didn't want Sam paired up with Eileen, and that's a whole other argument. But this scene was re-posted on twitter yesterday in response to that tone deaf comment.

And let's not forget in the Wood Nymph episode, which was - what, 15:14? - where Dean is literally not calling Sam for help because he wants him and Eileen to have sex. As far back as Last Call he's again encouraging Sam to stay in the bunker with Eileen and get it on.

So Jared is about 90 kinds of wrong here. And that includes describing Dean's ridiculous petty death as a "success story". For the love of god, man, read the room. He maybe should just stop talking about SPN from here on out and focus on Walker, because he managed to piss off at least two fan groups yesterday in one fell swoop.

I agree with Icarus about the chemistry thing - no, Sam and Eileen didn't have much chemistry. But Sam didn't have a lot of chemistry with anyone other than Dean and maybe somewhat with Ruby 2 because he and Gen were a real couple. But chemistry was a problem where it came to Sam over the years, so I chose to ignore that and still thought Eileen was a decent choice for Sam's endgame. Certainly better than the blurry broodmare who wasn't even with him at the end.

That Walker cover should probably be posted in the Walker forum.

• Love 8

Didn't Dean's last words include, "Always keep fighting"? 

If he wanted Sam to give up hunting and become a stay-at-home dad, why would he say something like that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

So Jared is about 90 kinds of wrong here. And that includes describing Dean's ridiculous petty death as a "success story". For the love of god, man, read the room. He maybe should just stop talking about SPN from here on out and focus on Walker, because he managed to piss off at least two fan groups yesterday in one fell swoop.

As Jared spent 15 years of his life working on Supernatural, I think he has every right to talk and say what he wants for as long as he wants - doesn't of course mean anyone has to agree with him but IMHO he has as much if not more validity in his opinions than fans. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I didn't say he wouldn't be happy if Sam married Eileen.  I said the opposite.  I just also said that I think he would be equally happy if he married someone outside the life.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I didn't say he wouldn't be happy if Sam married Eileen.  I said the opposite.  I just also said that I think he would be equally happy if he married someone outside the life.

And I didn't say Dean would be happier if Sam married Eileen or someone outside the life.  I was referring to the quote from the article in Variety:

6 hours ago, Icarus said:

“I think it was very, very purposely ambiguous and strangely I agreed with that,” he says. “I feel like a lot of what Sam did after Dean died was almost in honor of what Dean would have wanted, and Dean would not have wanted his little brother to marry Eileen, Ruby, someone in the life.

The lines I quoted were just to show that Dean *did* support Sam and Eileen, or someone "in the life."  It's Jared's words I'm disagreeing with, not yours.  😊 

18 minutes ago, Icarus said:

As Jared spent 15 years of his life working on Supernatural, I think he has every right to talk and say what he wants for as long as he wants - doesn't of course mean anyone has to agree with him but IMHO he has as much if not more validity in his opinions than fans. 

Yes, Jared can say whatever he wants, but in this forum we usually (try to) acknowledge canon over individual opinions, even the actor's.  Maybe Jared felt that way, but *Sam* didn't say or show it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

The lines I quoted were just to show that Dean *did* support Sam and Eileen, or someone "in the life."  It's Jared's words I'm disagreeing with, not yours.  😊 

Oh, well, then, yes, me, too, then.  I don't where he comes up with some of this stuff.

25 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Yes, Jared can say whatever he wants, but in this forum we usually (try to) acknowledge canon over individual opinions, even the actor's.  Maybe Jared felt that way, but *Sam* didn't say or show it.  

Yep.  Only what happens on screen is important.  Actors can, of course, have their own opinion, but since we have also seen all the episodes, IMO, it's not more or less valid than anyone else's.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

He can have opinions, but he can't have opinions on facts, and the fact is, Dean demonstrated, on screen, in more than one episode, in actions and in words, that he was on board with Sam and Eileen as a couple. To say Dean wouldn't want him with her is just not valid in the canon of the show. As to whether Dean wouldn't want to see him marry Ruby? I mean, wtf even is that? It's so ridiculous I have to wonder if he was misquoted, or maybe it was said as a 'joke' after mentioning Eileen, and the writer doesn't know anything about the character? Cuz yeah, human/demon weddings are not really a thing.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 17

Copying this from a tweet I saw – not saying I think “that's it” though but the gist is correct as far as I am concerned.

“Jared has the final say on Sam's feelings and POV bc he ate, slept and breathed him for 15 years. Jensen has the final say on Dean bc he ate, slept and breathed him for 15 years. that's it.”

If we are going to say canon is the decider then we have to say that Sam is everything to Dean and vice versa i.e. “the brothers before anyone else” as that is definitely how the show ended and for a long time IMO that has been argued as not true on this board. I struggle with some of the things Jared says sometimes especially in the cons and even Jensen at times but I don't think it can be argued that their interpretation of their characters is wrong it is just perhaps different from what we see. There are numerous interpretations which vary enormously and dependent on from which angle they are coming from i.e. Wincest, Bibro, Destiel, Sam people, Dean people or just casual viewers or people who don't have an angle etc etc! Dean being on board with Sam and Eileen was in the past – a lot of things had happened and changed since then so if Sam felt that Dean would not have wanted him to be with someone who was “in the life” i.e. hunting then that is how Sam saw it after Dean had died as the actor who played Sam it is a fact that that is how he felt.

IMO there is a big difference between an actor who spends 8 days + working on an episode and a fan who has seen it once/twice maybe three times. The “fan” watching is seeing a whole picture whereas the actor is focusing on their part which is why I feel Jared and of course Jensen have more of a right to say this is how they felt than anyone else even if we don't see it played out as they do. I have to say that the use of Ruby's name was jarring and didn't make sense so I can only presume the writer was misquoting or Jared was having a moment!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Copying this from a tweet I saw – not saying I think “that's it” though but the gist is correct as far as I am concerned.

“Jared has the final say on Sam's feelings and POV bc he ate, slept and breathed him for 15 years. Jensen has the final say on Dean bc he ate, slept and breathed him for 15 years. that's it.”

If we are going to say canon is the decider then we have to say that Sam is everything to Dean and vice versa i.e. “the brothers before anyone else” as that is definitely how the show ended and for a long time IMO that has been argued as not true on this board. I struggle with some of the things Jared says sometimes especially in the cons and even Jensen at times but I don't think it can be argued that their interpretation of their characters is wrong it is just perhaps different from what we see. There are numerous interpretations which vary enormously and dependent on from which angle they are coming from i.e. Wincest, Bibro, Destiel, Sam people, Dean people or just casual viewers or people who don't have an angle etc etc! Dean being on board with Sam and Eileen was in the past – a lot of things had happened and changed since then so if Sam felt that Dean would not have wanted him to be with someone who was “in the life” i.e. hunting then that is how Sam saw it after Dean had died as the actor who played Sam it is a fact that that is how he felt.

IMO there is a big difference between an actor who spends 8 days + working on an episode and a fan who has seen it once/twice maybe three times. The “fan” watching is seeing a whole picture whereas the actor is focusing on their part which is why I feel Jared and of course Jensen have more of a right to say this is how they felt than anyone else even if we don't see it played out as they do. I have to say that the use of Ruby's name was jarring and didn't make sense so I can only presume the writer was misquoting or Jared was having a moment!

Saying Dean had a "success story" is an opinion, though. Because that is ultimately a subjective assessment of the show. And no actor or anyone involved with the production has a more valid reading on it than any viewer. They can't dictate if a story is seen as a success or not. And IMO it was a comment that rather demeaned the character of Dean.

What if Jensen came out and made the opposite statement? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Saying Dean had a "success story" is an opinion, though. Because that is ultimately a subjective assessment of the show. And no actor or anyone involved with the production has a more valid reading on it than any viewer. They can't dictate if a story is seen as a success or not. And IMO it was a comment that rather demeaned the character of Dean.

I totally agree in that it is an opinion on the story and is no more valid than anyone else's.  I am only arguing on Jared's interpretation of his character and motivations.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Jared has the final say on Sam's feelings and POV

In these quotes from the interview, he wasn't talking about Sam's feelings or opinions. He was talking about what Dean wanted and felt, and what Dean's life meant to him. Not from Sam's point of view, but from his own point of view. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I disagree that Jared's opinion in this case is somehow more "valid" than anyone else's.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Icarus said:

I am only arguing on Jared's interpretation of his character and motivations.

That's almost worse for Sam in a way in that Jared is implying (if not overtly stating) that Sam disregarded Dean's hope for Sam and Eileen as well as everything shown on screen since Eileen was brought in, and was brought back (by Sam lol). Worse its almost implying Sam went opposite of Dean, rather than honoring Dean. 

Ijust don't buy Jared's reasoning for Sam re Eileen, other than 'because Dabb wrote it that way' and he can't really justify it well. JMO

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Icarus said:

I totally agree in that it is an opinion on the story and is no more valid than anyone else's.  I am only arguing on Jared's interpretation of his character and motivations.

But Jared isn't (just) interpreting his character,  he's interpreting Dean. And he's wrong.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
Clarity
  • Love 16

Am I the only one who didn't see anything wrong with what Padalecki said? I don't think he was saying that Dean didn't like Eileen... It was more that Sam was really just doing what he always thought Dean wanted over the course of the series, which was get out of the life, have a family, etc. That was always my impression, too? Unless Eileen was also willing to leave that life, then being with her wouldn't have worked. That's why I wasn't surprised they didn't put much focus on Sam's family itself. To me, it was sad because you could tell Sam wasn't really doing it for himself, it was more a reaction to losing Dean than anything else.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, PAForrest said:

And that includes describing Dean's ridiculous petty death as a "success story". For the love of god, man, read the room. He maybe should just stop talking about SPN from here on out and focus on Walker, because he managed to piss off at least two fan groups yesterday in one fell swoop.

Can I get an "AMEN"!?  I have seriously considered unfollowing Supernatural on twitter because of all the CW/Walker/angry fan crap that clogs my feed with nonsense.  Only pretty pictures of Jensen from time to time stop me.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

Can I get an "AMEN"!?  I have seriously considered unfollowing Supernatural on twitter because of all the CW/Walker/angry fan crap that clogs my feed with nonsense.  Only pretty pictures of Jensen from time to time stop me.

Twitter has a lovely filter where you can block hashtags, words or even phrases from showing up on your feed. Works really well. Just sayin' 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Shoshannah Stern had an opposite statement.  She love the relationship between her and Sam because she said it wasn't often on TV you see a relatiohship between someone disabled and some one able bodied that wasn't about the disability.  She loved the message that sent.  I can only wonder how she felt about it.

She did tweet the sign for I love you, which says to me she appreciated the support.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Am I the only one who didn't see anything wrong with what Padalecki said? I don't think he was saying that Dean didn't like Eileen... It was more that Sam was really just doing what he always thought Dean wanted over the course of the series, which was get out of the life, have a family, etc. That was always my impression, too? Unless Eileen was also willing to leave that life, then being with her wouldn't have worked. That's why I wasn't surprised they didn't put much focus on Sam's family itself. To me, it was sad because you could tell Sam wasn't really doing it for himself, it was more a reaction to losing Dean than anything else.

I'm a little confused about what you're saying here.  Are you saying Sam thought Dean wanted him to leave the life or Dean wanted to (for himself?)  Because they've both changed their minds and opinions so many times over the years that I'm not sure who wanted what by the end.  I do think that Dean wanted Sam to be happy.  Sam had already declared (most recently) that hunting was his life, and didn't think that a family would fit with that, and Dean had suggested that someone (like Eileen) who understood the life might work.  So I don't see anything that suggested that Dean wanted Sam out of the life altogether.  

In any event, IMO it's horrible to think that Sam wasn't able to make his own choices, even after decades without Dean.   If Jared honestly thought that Sam would be willing to throw everything away just because Dean was gone and go on to live a long and unhappy life (which was *not* what Dean had ever wanted for him), then I'd say he has a very, very different view of Sam than his fans do.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, ahrtee said:

In any event, IMO it's horrible to think that Sam wasn't able to make his own choices, even after decades without Dean.   If Jared honestly thought that Sam would be willing to throw everything away just because Dean was gone and go on to live a long and unhappy life (which was *not* what Dean had ever wanted for him), then I'd say he has a very, very different view of Sam than his fans do.  

Well, as one of Sam's fans, I can't say I agree. The two have one of the strangest relationships I've ever seen on a show. They're brothers, technically soulmates, and yet there's also a parent-child dynamic that plays out between them at times, too. I imagine Sam didn't think of it as "I'm living an unhappy life because Dean would've wanted that." I doubt there was much thought put into it at all, it seemed more like an emotional reaction that he couldn't hunt without Dean and ended up roleplaying what he felt Dean always wanted him to do--return to the apple pie life without murder and mayhem. I think part of Dean having brought that up several times throughout the series was based mostly on Sam's own actions years prior by running away to college to escape, meaning at least at some time Sam must have wanted "more" than this deep down. It's sort of like if you had a child whose dreams crashed or imploded; even years later, they may be happy where they are even if that's nowhere, but as a parent you would always want them to go realize their dream for real. That to me is what Sam's impression of what Dean wanted for him would be and Padalecki was tapping into that. People have strange reactions to the deaths of loved ones.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, as one of Sam's fans, I can't say I agree. The two have one of the strangest relationships I've ever seen on a show. They're brothers, technically soulmates, and yet there's also a parent-child dynamic that plays out between them at times, too. I imagine Sam didn't think of it as "I'm living an unhappy life because Dean would've wanted that." I doubt there was much thought put into it at all, it seemed more like an emotional reaction that he couldn't hunt without Dean and ended up roleplaying what he felt Dean always wanted him to do--return to the apple pie life without murder and mayhem. I think part of Dean having brought that up several times throughout the series was based mostly on Sam's own actions years prior by running away to college to escape, meaning at least at some time Sam must have wanted "more" than this deep down. It's sort of like if you had a child whose dreams crashed or imploded; even years later, they may be happy where they are even if that's nowhere, but as a parent you would always want them to go realize their dream for real. That to me is what Sam's impression of what Dean wanted for him would be and Padalecki was tapping into that. People have strange reactions to the deaths of loved ones.

It's definitely possible.  What I'm saying is that it doesn't do Sam's character any justice to have him spend the rest of his life doing something that didn't make him happy just because he thought it was something Dean would have wanted him to do, especially since the main thing Dean had ever wanted for Sam was to be happy.   Sam had tried the same thing back in season 2, when he was trying to be what he thought Dad wanted after John died, and Dean called him on it then.  Not just the "too little, too late," but that it wasn't what Sam himself wanted or who he was.   Sam did see the logic in that, and stopped trying to be someone he didn't want to be. 

So I'd say that if Sam had regressed to that in the 13 years that had passed since then, and *continued* that way in the decades that followed, then it doesn't say much about Sam's growth or intelligence.  I'd give him more credit than that--yes, he might try to do what he thought Dean wanted, possibly for years, but TBH, I didn't see any happiness, much less joy, in any of the scenes they showed of his later life, except maybe chasing toddler!Dean with blurry wife in background.  I would think (or hope) that, once the emotional over-reaction settled, he'd eventually find a way to do something that *did* make him happy, in a way that would still honor Dean.  He's certainly smart enough to find some way.  Even in Exile on Main Street we saw the grieving Dean, even as he tried to get Sam back and drank too much, still going to barbecues, hanging out with friends and family and making a life for himself.  We didn't see any of that in Sam's future montage, just regret and loneliness.  There weren't even any photos of any good times on his memory shelf--nothing except the long-dead Winchesters and young Dean.  

It's very sad to me that apparently I'm giving Sam more credit than Jared is. 

• Love 8

From what the actors say at conventions and how they answer questions,  I've felt that JA gives more thought to his character and his character's motivations than JP. JP might have ten scripts memorized at a time, but he doesn't really delve into Sam. Seems he always plays Sam "as written," whereas JA does speak out more and puts his own spin on dialogue and the reactions that Dean has.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, MAK said:

Seems he always plays Sam "as written,"

I saw a YouTube clip from a fan convention where Jared stated that he felt that he had the same traits and motivations as Sam ( cringe ) . Maybe that's why he plays him as written if he relates to his behavior. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Maybe that's why he plays him as written if he relates to his behavior. 

If so, that is sad. Because with whatever is known or has been said about JP's life (by JP himself also), Sam's life in no way mirrored JP's, except possibly when JP was dealing with his depression and other issues. But even then, JP had a network of family and friends to support him through it. Something Sam didn't, he only had Dean, and Sam didn't have the time to actually deal with any of his traumas.

I have heard JA say in conventions that at the beginning he would have to think of sad things in his personal life to get the emotion on screen, but during later seasons, he would just think of Dean's trauma and loss to get there. This knowledge and understanding of the character also showed when he spoke of his scene with Mary, the "I hate you, but I love you, you're my Mom" speech. He (JA) needed to understand why Dean needed Mary, beyond the reason that because the writers couldn't get/afford JDM, and/or they wanted a twist.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, MAK said:

JP might have ten scripts memorized at a time, but he doesn't really delve into Sam. Seems he always plays Sam "as written," whereas JA does speak out more and puts his own spin on dialogue and the reactions that Dean has.

I don’t think I agree with this.  I think Jared feels he, and he alone, has the BEST handle on Sam as a character.   He made a point in several interviews about changing three different lines of  dialog in the finale.  And that’s the not first time.   I also don’t know if he always watches every episode (either of the boys).   Some for sure, but not positive it’s every one.   

Also, he can’t simultaneously be guilty of lobbying for super Sam scripts (a complaint of the past by some, not me) AND also just perform what’s on the page.  I think he’s more engaged in the character, based on conventions where he talks about how important Sam is to him. 

I will say that MY convention observations are more that Jared gets asked more/engaged more on HIS personal emotions (which I find over-the-line many times) or on the receiving end of a story of how he’s personally saved some fan from suicide*.  Jensen’s M&Gs seem more Dean focused from what I’ve seen.  There is one Asian lady (with a really heavy accent that makes it a strain to understand her always 2-min long wordy questions**) who goes to a lot of conventions and ALWAYS delves into the psychological damages Dean has suffered on the show.

Back to Jared’s comment on what Dean wanted for Sam.  Well, it’s Sam’s BELIEF on what Dean wanted.  Doesn’t mean it’s what Dean actually wanted.  I’d ask Jensen that.  

*Boundaries, many fans have demonstrated a lack of them.

*Why yes, I do get annoyed at lengthy fan theories which are expressed and then a question asked at the end. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, SueB said:

Also, he can’t simultaneously be guilty of lobbying for super Sam scripts (a complaint of the past by some, not me) AND also just perform what’s on the page.  

Taken to appropriate forum.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Back to Jared’s comment on what Dean wanted for Sam.  Well, it’s Sam’s BELIEF on what Dean wanted.  Doesn’t mean it’s what Dean actually wanted.  I’d ask Jensen that.  

Then I'd still question why Jared would believe that Sam would believe that, when, as many have already cited, Dean showed him multiple times that he did think Eileen was a good match for him. He was also present during the conversations with Jesse and Cesar and the conversation with Dean at the end of the episode (Chitters). Sam could've brought just about anyone back to life with his spell - he chose Eileen. And Dean supported him, and encouraged their getting together several times after.

I don't see how Jared can claim to know Sam better than anyone given this, let alone know what Dean would want better than anyone.

IMO, Jared (for some reason I don't understand) wanted this interpretation, and also for some reason I don't understand, he chose to use 'Dean' to justify it.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Then I'd still question why Jared would believe that Sam would believe that, when, as many have already cited, Dean showed him multiple times that he did think Eileen was a good match for him. He was also present during the conversations with Jesse and Cesar and the conversation with Dean at the end of the episode (Chitters). Sam could've brought just about anyone back to life with his spell - he chose Eileen. And Dean supported him, and encouraged their getting together several times after.

I don't see how Jared can claim to know Sam better than anyone given this, let alone know what Dean would want better than anyone.

IMO, Jared (for some reason I don't understand) wanted this interpretation, and also for some reason I don't understand, he chose to use 'Dean' to justify it.

Yeah that's the weird thing, why use Dean to justify it?  If Jared felt Sam didn't want to marry Eileen because he felt it would keep him tied to the hunting life, why not just say that and not use Dean as an excuse esp when we'd seen on screen Dean being very supportive of the Sam/Eileen relationship?   

On the other hand Sam, as a character, has often found a way to blame Dean for the stupider decisions he's made in his life, so perhaps it is perfectly in character for Jared to believe Sam would think he was doing it for Dean, despite absolutely everything Dean said to the contrary. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

Yeah that's the weird thing, why use Dean to justify it?  If Jared felt Sam didn't want to marry Eileen because he felt it would keep him tied to the hunting life, why not just say that and not use Dean as an excuse esp when we'd seen on screen Dean being very supportive of the Sam/Eileen relationship?   

Exactly.  Sam's choice of spouse should have 0 to do with Dean.  Not due to any disrespect to Dean, but choice of spouse should be between those 2 and nobody else.  

• Love 7

So two months after it's ending, these are the trends on Tumblr for the week ending Jan 18th.

Ships. (Ugh << my commentary, not theirs)

ships.png

TV

tv.png

Celebs

celeb.png

General. I find it fascinating that they say Supernatural 'continues to trend as actors revisit their characters'. Jensen is half of Destiel and is Dean Winchester (and arguably, is Supernatural) and he has had exactly nothing to say about the show or Dean since one day after the finale. Heh.

general.png

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1