Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Granted I know precious little about Ontario - been there twice, and not for long - but I was wondering how “mountain-y” the Blue Mountains (?) were, as they’re two hours north of Toronto?

Blue Mountain isn't really a mountain, per se - it's a resort/resort town with some impressive ski hills. This is some pretty cool drone footage of the area. I believe it's officially part of the Niagara Escarpment.

• Useful 2
On 12/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, PinkChicken said:

twitter was a mistake hahaha

newer/younger fans who weren't around the last time the spn fandom found out about this found it & have been shitposting all yesterday. Misha and Bill Clinton were trending on twitter politics together.
The article he wrote is actually kind of nice, considering the media Monica was getting at the time, & there was no real reason for him to comment at all except in defense of a fellow intern. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-01-29-1998029053-story.html

Misha is trending again. One can only presume it's what he wants, since he tweeted about this article again an hour ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So the first convention for 2021 (Vegas) has been postponed to 2022. I don't imagine this will be the last one postponed or re-postponed. Jensen, Jared and Misha are all still signed on, but there's no way I'd count on that so far down the road. Who knows where any of them will be in their career by then. I'm sorry for anyone who had tickets. 😞

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So the first convention for 2021 (Vegas) has been postponed to 2022. I don't imagine this will be the last one postponed or re-postponed. Jensen, Jared and Misha are all still signed on, but there's no way I'd count on that so far down the road. Who knows where any of them will be in their career by then. I'm sorry for anyone who had tickets. 😞

I was just watching a convention from 2017.  Everyone was having so much fun. I can't see that happening again for a very long time.

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Sad news from Christian Kane

This is terribly sad. And the fact that he said that his father hadn't even left the house in 12 months but still contracted and passed away from the virus is terrifying.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is kind of interesting. This person only watched the Pilot and the finale of Supernatural and they got pretty close to what happens in between.

It's not the final destination that matters (it's the same for everyone).  It's the journey that makes life (or a show) interesting.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

It's not the final destination that matters (it's the same for everyone).  It's the journey that makes life (or a show) interesting.

Well, some of us have said that this finale made it so you didn't have to bother watching 15 years of the show. And you're right, the final destination is the boring stuff since it's cast in stone. It's the everything else that actually matters to a life, and to a show about people with lives. It will always be unfortunate that the stuff that mattered was all rendered moot in the end.

• Love 2

It`s a sad state of affairs when you can watch the Pilot and Series Finale - of a 15 year old show no less - and feel like you miss nothing. If that doesn`t say "the journey was a worthless waste of time", I don`t know what would. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

Well, some of us have said that this finale made it so you didn't have to bother watching 15 years of the show. And you're right, the final destination is the boring stuff since it's cast in stone. It's the everything else that actually matters to a life, and to a show about people with lives. It will always be unfortunate that the stuff that mattered was all rendered moot in the end.

Well, I will not let Dabb spoil my enjoyment of the series that I watched from the beginning. I do not believe that the brothers Winchester were nothing but pawns for a bored god's entertainment. I believe they lived their lives, honed their skills, suffered all that we saw, enjoyed all that we saw, saved people and hunted things. It was obvious to me that Dabb set out to destroy this series in his last years, and I simply refuse to let him affect my view of the Winchesters and their true story and not the garbage he was peddling.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is kind of interesting. This person only watched the Pilot and the finale of Supernatural and they got pretty close to what happens in between.

I hope that you stayed away from the comments. It's filled with complaints about Castiel being excluded from the finale as well as how the episodes that she watched weren't enough because they didn't include Castiel. The usual whining.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Couldn't you say that about the pilot and finale or pretty much any show? 

Exactly my thought. I loathe Badd and what he did with heat of the sun. But there is a lot of good stuff between 1x01 and 15x20 and it's a shame to reduce it to a statement like that. More and more I'm just disregarding his part of the story.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Couldn't you say that about the pilot and finale or pretty much any show? 

I don’t think most shows work like if you watch the Pilot and just the Finale, you feel like you missed nothing in between and it's about the most expected ending you could imagine after just the start. Dabb made his Finale in such a way that "Pilot: Sam wants normal, that Dean guy kinda keeps him from it" - Finale: Sam gets normal because that Dean guy randomely dies after no longer keeping him from it". And it looks like the only "character development" you got was Sam getting s deluxe tongue-bath, refering right back to the Pilot.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Okay - a show I loved - Justified. Wouldn't show much difference from first to last. But clearly it was amazing to watch. 

Having not watched it, I can't of course comnent on how well it was done. I can only say that IMO the ending of SPN was ruination in my book. And the pointless "Dean died randomely just as in his darkest, most hopeless moments he always figured (and apparently he just Sam-obsessed drives through an empty heaven" as well as "and Sam got what he always wanted though it kinda looked like he was meh on it when he had it" coupled with '"legacy? acknowledgment? what are those words?" was a big part of it to me. This was like a GOT level ending in my book. It retroactively makes so many moments meaningless. Or even turns them on its head to have a horrible meaning now, Dean as a character being most affected by that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Having not watched it, I can't of course comnent on how well it was done. I can only say that IMO the ending of SPN was ruination in my book. And the pointless "Dean died randomely just as in his darkest, most hopeless moments he always figured (and apparently he just Sam-obsessed drives through an empty heaven" as well as "and Sam got what he always wanted though it kinda looked like he was meh on it when he had it" coupled with '"legacy? acknowledgment? what are those words?" was a big part of it to me. This was like a GOT level ending in my book. It retroactively makes so many moments meaningless. Or even turns them on its head to have a horrible meaning now, Dean as a character being most affected by that.

I watched Justified and it's not really true.  The show didn't change genres or something so it's not like it was hugely different but there was growth and it didn't end where it started.  Also Raylan lived, heck even Boyd who was kind of his nemesis but sort of....complicated relationship, lived. He didn't get killed off by conveniently placed rebar on a hunt he should have been able to do in his sleep and no one ever claimed his skills were only "plot armor".  That makes a HUGE difference.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I'm not disagreeing with your point.  I truly disliked the way they ended the show.  But the *reason* I did was because I *had* watched all the episodes in between.  I was invested in these characters.  I watched them grow (and regress, depending on who was writing them, of course 😒) but they still had changed over the years.  I wanted them to have a happy ending (however that might happen.)  

If, however, I just watched the first and last episodes, if I hadn't gotten to know/love them, then it would have seemed perfectly natural:  they started out as two brothers who loved each other, with the older one protecting the younger, both working together and incomplete without the other, and ended the same way.  It's the years of growth and change and getting to know the characters that makes the ending feel so false and unfair.  

Dean might have died randomly on a hunt, but without knowing the background, he hadn't had any of the earthshattering, apocalyptic saves that made him more than just a young man working the family business, and seemed happy in his work, so a casual viewer wouldn't have seen the years of struggles, depression and legacy.  It would have been a happy(ish) ending, with both boys ending up together in heaven.  The cowboys riding off into the sunset together.  

Many episodic TV shows are the same:  they start out with doctors saving lives, or detectives solving crimes, or cowboys herding cattle, and that's pretty much all they do, with different storylines and guest stars.  It's only when we get to know and love (or hate) the characters that we become obsessed with their lives. 

So I'm just going to pretend that the death scene was a long, long way in the future, and enjoy watching the boys together as long as they were around.  (And yes, that might also mean ending it at season 11, or even earlier.)  My choice.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I'm not disagreeing with your point.  I truly disliked the way they ended the show.  But the *reason* I did was because I *had* watched all the episodes in between.  I was invested in these characters.  I watched them grow (and regress, depending on who was writing them, of course 😒) but they still had changed over the years.  I wanted them to have a happy ending (however that might happen.)  

If, however, I just watched the first and last episodes, if I hadn't gotten to know/love them, then it would have seemed perfectly natural:  they started out as two brothers who loved each other, with the older one protecting the younger, both working together and incomplete without the other, and ended the same way.  It's the years of growth and change and getting to know the characters that makes the ending feel so false and unfair.  

Dean might have died randomly on a hunt, but without knowing the background, he hadn't had any of the earthshattering, apocalyptic saves that made him more than just a young man working the family business, and seemed happy in his work, so a casual viewer wouldn't have seen the years of struggles, depression and legacy.  It would have been a happy(ish) ending, with both boys ending up together in heaven.  The cowboys riding off into the sunset together.  

Many episodic TV shows are the same:  they start out with doctors saving lives, or detectives solving crimes, or cowboys herding cattle, and that's pretty much all they do, with different storylines and guest stars.  It's only when we get to know and love (or hate) the characters that we become obsessed with their lives. 

So I'm just going to pretend that the death scene was a long, long way in the future, and enjoy watching the boys together as long as they were around.  (And yes, that might also mean ending it at season 11, or even earlier.)  My choice.  

IMO it would still seem bad.  This isn't some sitcom and it wasn't a procedural, so if I watched the first and last episodes of a show, esp a genre show, and the first episode and last episode were virtually the same in the sense of the characters apparently showing no growth, there being no other relationships of any importance, etc esp knowing there were FIFTEEN years in between?  And let's face it most viewers are not "just happening to tune in" to a random episode even casual viewers are usually regular viewers, even if they aren't fandom level viewers, they have been following the story and character development in a basic way. 

I'd assume, having watched ONLY the first and last episode and seeing the above, no change, that it had been a terrible show and the head actor or the producer was the child of a studio head who was just able to keep renewing the show out of nepotism.  Now obviously as a random viewer who knew nothing but those episodes I wouldn't particular CARE, it would be more a casual observation, but I would be able to recognize it wasn't good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

After only viewing the Pilot the reviewer became involved in the two main characters, so much so  when watching the finale as Dean died he/she felt real grief for the loss. I think that just shows how well the Pilot was written, filmed and acted. I wonder if they are now tempted to watch the in between episodes.

The problem of watching first and last episode is you only know what the show is about through the description provided, "Demon hunting brothers Sam and Dean go around the country fighting demons" (not exact quote). It is advertised as a procedural, MOTW. After seeing the pilot, you think, oh there's some other major personal storyline and big bad in the background, and kind of get interested or not. If you then watched the ending, you would assume, wow, a procedural lasted 15 years without major cast changes. Everything makes sense. The description of the show never changes from "Demon hunting brother ...." There is no way to know the ups and downs, character arcs, other characters, etc. There is no way to know how the show evolved (devolved).

• Love 2
On 12/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, tessathereaper said:

I watched Justified and it's not really true.  The show didn't change genres or something so it's not like it was hugely different but there was growth and it didn't end where it started.  Also Raylan lived, heck even Boyd who was kind of his nemesis but sort of....complicated relationship, lived. He didn't get killed off by conveniently placed rebar on a hunt he should have been able to do in his sleep and no one ever claimed his skills were only "plot armor".  That makes a HUGE difference.

I thought Justified was one of the best written shows I have ever seen. It had one weak-ish season when it focused too much on the Crowe family ... 

I thought it's last season was especially strong. It had strong arcs, strong characters. There was growth. And they managed to pull off a Shakespearean Neo-Western by way of Kentucky masterfully.

Now the story is based on Elmore Leonard who is Brilliant at delivering Richly developed stories in every aspect with amazing characters.

Timothy Olyphant and Walter Goggins were pitch perfect.

Supernatural was a different show however there was a time when the writing was Rich and complex too. It became a critical darling in season 4 when they wrote for both brothers.

• Love 4
On 12/27/2020 at 5:04 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Sad news from Christian Kane

Oh, no. There can be a surreal pain losing a parent,, especially around the Holidays (Unfortunately, speaking from experience.). So sorry for his loss and bless his family, R.I.P. Been a fan of Christian's since Angel, even remember the little rom-com movie he did with the singer Monica, (it was cute!) AND I bought his band country CD. Memories are coming back...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Isn't it the only new show on the CW for 2021?

Jensen sure has been quiet. 

Danneel too. I wonder if he's staying off the grid to prep for the new role. He mentioned growing out his beard, maybe his hair too? He's had it covered the last couple times we've seen him.

Dunno about new shows on CW, but with Jared's lucky star, I'm sure you're right,  lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Isn't it the only new show on the CW for 2021?

I think Superman & Lois would actually be their more high profile new show. Probably a lot of people will at least check out the Pilot who normally don't watch CW. But it's starting later, end of February whereas Walker is earlier.

They also have a couple new ones for mid-Season like the Kung Fu remake.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Danneel too. I wonder if he's staying off the grid to prep for the new role. He mentioned growing out his beard, maybe his hair too? He's had it coverec the last couple times we've seen him.

I am really missing any SM from these two - Danneel used to post pics of halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc - not always but we usually got something with her and the kids and sometimes Jensen and as for Jensen the last we saw was the snow clearing video - I find it very surprising actually that they are so quiet - Jensen maybe but Danneel and the kids as well?  I miss them!!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Nothing for the twins birthday, Christmas, New year's. So sad. 

Well, those are supposed to be happy occasions and celebrations in peoples' lives.

Just guessing here, but to ensure that they stayed happy for the Ackles family, avoiding the social media platforms entirely might seem to have been the best course of action for them to take right now, especially after all the hate that episodes 15.18 and 15.20 generated on those platforms.

Again,  just a guess, but that's probably what I would have done, if I were in their shoes. 

IA that it's very Sad, though. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Well, those are supposed to be happy occasions and celebrations in peoples' lives.

Just guessing here, but to ensure that they stayed happy for the Ackles family, avoiding the social media platforms entirely might seem to have been the best course of action for them to take right now, especially after all the hate that episodes 15.18 and 15.20 generated on those platforms.

Again,  just a guess, but that's probably what I would have done, if I were in their shoes. 

IA that it's very Sad, though. 

Jim Michaels was bullied into removing his pic of Jensen and Jared from his twitter acct. Staying off SM is probably for the best although "they" have vowed to go after The Boys and Walker to teach Jim "a lesson". I'm guessing there just won't be any way to avoid the "fandom" forever.

23 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Jim Michaels was bullied into removing his pic of Jensen and Jared from his twitter acct. Staying off SM is probably for the best although "they" have vowed to go after The Boys and Walker to teach Jim "a lesson". I'm guessing there just won't be any way to avoid the "fandom" forever.

I'm not understanding how 'going after' the actors' new shows 'teaches' Jim Michaels anything? But then I don't understand 90% of the rabid fandom nonsense. Honestly, these people put the fan in fanatic. I know it's too much to hope that they stay far away from The Boys. On the other hand it will be kind of amusing to see them try - The Boys fans are going to eat them alive.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't follow Jim. What picture of Jensen and Jared did these so-called "fans" object to, if I may ask? These people sound absolutely rabid.