Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Frost said:

That CT mansion is gorgeous!  It doesn't seem to fit with their kind of quirky style.  The house in Arch Digest had a number of odd little details which they added to the home.

I assume once they get their own furnishings and personal touches in it'll be quirky enough.  And they can have their own bowling alley down that long corridor in the last picture. 😀

• Like 3
On 8/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, ahrtee said:

I assume once they get their own furnishings and personal touches in it'll be quirky enough.  And they can have their own bowling alley down that long corridor in the last picture. 😀

I doubt they're moving there permanently. 

They are committed to Austin, have all their families in driving distance, plus there's the Family Business Beer Co.

Daneel apparently likes to fix up old homes.  It also could be they are buying it for a second getaway - ie summer - property.  The first being their CO home they bought during COVID.

The trial for the Rust armorer is moving forward.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-08-04/rust-armorer-trial-hannah-gutierrez-reed-manslaughter-alec-baldwin

I wonder of Jensen wi be a witness.  That's gotta be a dicey step.  You don't want to offend her well known father and blacklist yourself, but Halyna deserves justice.

52 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I doubt they're moving there permanently. 

They are committed to Austin, have all their families in driving distance, plus there's the Family Business Beer Co.

Daneel apparently likes to fix up old homes.  It also could be they are buying it for a second getaway - ie summer - property.  The first being their CO home they bought during COVID.

Nine and  half million dollars is a lot to pay for a second--or third--home.  And it's just been completely renovated (according to the story) so it doesn't need fixing up, except to put those personal, "quirky" touches for themselves.  

I'd think a summer home away from Austin heat would be a good idea.  It's also just a few hour's drive from JDM's home in NY, if they want to visit.  Or maybe they want a break from all that family and will just visit Austin.  ☺️

The fact that it was bought by a trust makes me wonder.  Maybe they want something permanent/tangible for the kids' future, even if they don't intend to live there right now.  Trusts are (mostly) designed to preserve assets and keep them out of probate.  I'd think, after Covid and especially the Rust accident (Jensen himself pointed out that the next scene after the accident would have been a shootout between himself and Baldwin--using the fatal gun)  that might have shaken them into thinking more about mortality and the future, especially considering how often they fly around the world to cons and meetings.  

1 hour ago, roamyn said:

The trial for the Rust armorer is moving forward.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-08-04/rust-armorer-trial-hannah-gutierrez-reed-manslaughter-alec-baldwin

I wonder of Jensen wi be a witness.  That's gotta be a dicey step.  You don't want to offend her well known father and blacklist yourself, but Halyna deserves justice.

I don't think Jensen has much to add.  If you watched his interview with the Santa Fe police, he didn't say much about Hannah Gutierrez or her handling of the guns.  In fact, he seemed mostly concerned with how the live ammo got on the set, and said he had no idea how that might have happened.  

Having said that, I think he was a bit critical about the laxness on the set in general, and I wonder if that was the reason he was replaced--if Alec Baldwin decided he wasn't being supportive enough.  It seems odd to be completely replaced so late in the shooting, and I haven't heard anything about any "scheduling conflict" during those last few shooting days.  Just a thought. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Having said that, I think he was a bit critical about the laxness on the set in general,

That's why I wondered if he would have to testify.  Not so much abt the incident, but abt the conditions that may have led to the shooting.   Sometimes witnesses are used to set the scene of the crime up.

And it wouldn't surprise me if both the Ackles decided to back out.  Danneel, from what I've 'heard' was esp concerned, and it freaked her out that it could've been Jensen at the other end of that gun. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 8/3/2023 at 6:59 PM, Frost said:

That CT mansion is gorgeous!  It doesn't seem to fit with their kind of quirky style.  The house in Arch Digest had a number of odd little details which they added to the home.

On a purely personal note (as one of my least favorite things to do): that's an *awful* lot of windows to clean!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

On a purely personal note (as one of my least favorite things to do): that's an *awful* lot of windows to clean!

I don't think that Jensen and Danneel will be washing the windows. 😆

More info about the Ackles' new house (I don't know why I seem to be obsessed with it).😃  It has nine bedrooms and 15!!!! baths.   The article appeared in the Connecticut Post (and includes the address, which is probably not a good thing, though it's in the public record, and I'm sure there aren't many other mansions in the area that fit the description anyway): 

https://www.ctpost.com/realestate/article/sasco-hill-road-southport-ct-mansion-sold-18267222.php

"Jensen Ackles, his wife Danneel Ackles and their Stone Park Trust Agreement purchased the historic Gold Coast mansion at 1143 Sasco Hill Road in Southport in July for $9.375 million, according to mortgage and warranty deeds that are publicly available for viewing by the town of Fairfield. The property had previously been on the market for $14 million."

"The Elizabethan Renaissance-style mansion sits on 3 acres of land and has more than 30 rooms across four stories and more than 19,000 square feet. It has nine bedrooms and 15 bathrooms. An elevator transports residents between levels from the basement — with a safe room, large recreation area, storage rooms and halls — to the third floor and its numerous bedrooms, gym, game room, study and more. The grand entrance on the first floor leads to a library, movie theater, wine-tasting room, grand ballroom and more."

Edited by ahrtee
Clarification

It also seems stupid to mention where the safe room is!

It's an absolutely stunning house.  I'm just confused about the location.  Why Connecticut?  They have obvious connections to Texas and Danneel is from Louisiana.

Wild speculation/musings as to why they might purchase a property of that size and in Connecticut

-Maybe restore and redecorate. Business investment? Or just investment or trust for their families?

-It is closer to New York where JDM and Hilarie live, who are two of their closest friends, especially HiIarie and Danneel.

-Maybe something to do with their production company?

-Maybe Jensen is getting a Soldier Boy spinoff and needs to be closer to Toronto for easier commute?

• Useful 3

It does seem awfully large for a family of 5 (even with live-in help and family visiting.)  It does seem more like an investment property.  Maybe an exclusive country inn?  Connecticut on the Sound would seem perfect for that, and having the address listed would be a benefit, not a problem.  Just a thought.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I don't see them opening  a B&B or an inn in a place where they live.  To many people would come hoping to catch a glimpse of Jensen.  And some people in this fandom have no boundaries. 

Maybe its just as simple as they liked the house and the area.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't see them opening  a B&B or an inn in a place where they live.  To many people would come hoping to catch a glimpse of Jensen.  And some people in this fandom have no boundaries. 

I agree with this. Also, there's plenty of space if each of them have large families (I don't know anything about Jensen and Danneel's extended families) or they may enjoy entertaining and the extra bedrooms/baths may be useful. 

Edited by DeeDee79
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

That's why I thought investment property, not that they would live there at the same time that it was being used as an inn.  

I know the previous owner bought it to save it from being torn down and the land turned into condos, so it seems they want to save the house itself, whether for themselves or to be able to use it as something the exclusive neighbors/neighborhood wouldn't mind, not just a run-of-the-mill b&b.  

• Like 1
On 8/16/2023 at 4:54 AM, ahrtee said:

That's why I thought investment property, not that they would live there at the same time that it was being used as an inn.  

Would they be able to open a B&B in a gated community?  Read somewhere that the house is part of a very private community with it's own security.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, catrox14 said:

Maybe Jensen is getting a Soldier Boy spinoff and needs to be closer to Toronto for easier commute?

Please please please let this be so!

I wanna know more abt his background.  And why The Legend lied abt his military history (The Legend would have to be 90+ to be involved with Voght during WWII)

• Like 4

This is actually about The Winchesters, but it does involve Jensen, so I hope it's all right to post here.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/winchesters-may-have-been-canceled-show-getting-sued-over-on-set-incident

Warner Bros., the CW and Jensen as EP are being sued by a crew member who was struck by lightning on the set of The Winchesters, even though it was many months ago.  

Nothing against the crew member who was obviously traumatized at the very least (nothing was said about serious or long-lasting injuries), but I wonder at the timing.  Maybe he wasn't going to sue (or was compensated at the time), but with the ongoing strike and loss of income, he needs money now?  If the idea is to bring attention to safety on set, wouldn't he have spoken up before now?  Especially if he's "seeking punitive damages."  *sigh*

22 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is part of what the strike is all about. Jensen and Jared don't get anything either.

The problem with streaming is the buisness model. The old network model had a TV station running ads and the more popular the (re)-runs the better the money, so good residuals. Streamers, especially Netflix, pretty much solely make their money from their subscribers. Which doesn`t even cover the operating costs of the whole service in most cases. So not only is it impossible to say a subscriber subscribed for x show but what if they only stream 2 episodes of a given show? Or 10 minutes of an episode of one show? How to calculate what percentage of their monthly subscription fee will go to x show as residuals? They will all go bankrupt within a short time if they had to pay residuals.

That`s IMO why the current studios and the writers/actors make no headway. You have the "old-fashioned" studios and the streaming studios who want, need and can provide totally different things. Yet they would need to agree to one rule for all to make a deal.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 9/6/2023 at 9:19 AM, ahrtee said:

This is actually about The Winchesters, but it does involve Jensen, so I hope it's all right to post here.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/winchesters-may-have-been-canceled-show-getting-sued-over-on-set-incident

Warner Bros., the CW and Jensen as EP are being sued by a crew member who was struck by lightning on the set of The Winchesters, even though it was many months ago.  

Nothing against the crew member who was obviously traumatized at the very least (nothing was said about serious or long-lasting injuries), but I wonder at the timing.  Maybe he wasn't going to sue (or was compensated at the time), but with the ongoing strike and loss of income, he needs money now?  If the idea is to bring attention to safety on set, wouldn't he have spoken up before now?  Especially if he's "seeking punitive damages."  *sigh*

I read that the crew member has physical and cognitive disabilities. In lawsuits like this everyone gets sued. 

16 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I read that the crew member has physical and cognitive disabilities. In lawsuits like this everyone gets sued. 

If that's the case, it could explain the reason for the long delay in filing the lawsuit, since it sometimes takes a while for long-term disabilities to be recognized (the accident took place in August 2022, and the suit wasn't filed till more than a year later).  I had been wondering at the timing. 

None of the articles I read (or the actual complaint) said anything specific about serious or long-term injuries; he is requesting actual and punitive damages for physical injuries, pain and emotional distress.  

I'm not commenting on the validity of the lawsuit; I'm sad that being accused of negligence and ignoring safety rules might be particularly painful for Jensen after the Rust investigation.  

Edited by ahrtee
clarity
  • Like 2
On 11/8/2023 at 2:03 PM, Casseiopeia said:

I kind of feel like that was a no-contest contest, but that's not fair of me. While Jensen is my favorite, Shemar Moore is splendiferous in his own right.

John Krasinski might be as appealing as Shemar and Jensen, but he's not as sexy, if you know what I mean.

Who is the brunette in the middle? Is it a very young Milo Ventimiglia, or am I so old and out of it now, that I can't recognize the new hot thing?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Look at his hair! Not Dean any more.😥

I really struggle with Jensen's hair. I don't dislike it but it looks so different. He did say it was getting cut (for SB?). And the guys are really talking seriously about a SPN something or other.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Like 1
On 11/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, General Days said:

I kind of feel like that was a no-contest contest, but that's not fair of me. While Jensen is my favorite, Shemar Moore is splendiferous in his own right.

John Krasinski might be as appealing as Shemar and Jensen, but he's not as sexy, if you know what I mean.

Who is the brunette in the middle? Is it a very young Milo Ventimiglia, or am I so old and out of it now, that I can't recognize the new hot thing?

Shemar would have been my choice if Jensen wasn't an option!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Does anyone know if Jensen has anything in the works that isn't voice work? I don't know if he gets asked that question at the various cons.

Well he did emphasize the message in the middle of the shirt.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:49 PM, FlickChick said:

Does anyone know if Jensen has anything in the works that isn't voice work? I don't know if he gets asked that question at the various cons.

All I saw was a tweet that Jensen said he'd be very busy at the end of the year. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

The brother?

Yes. I think I may like Russell even more than Colter. 

I know it's not going to be the same as in the books but it should still be pretty good.

• Like 2