Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I saw that, and most things I read seemed surprised about the charge as actor.  I think SAG and actor groups will make a fuss, if it's setting a precedent putting that kind of responsibility on the actors.  

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it but I read somewhere that SAG protocols require an actor to check for themselves or at least have the armorer check the gun in their presence. But I do believe the main responsibility lies as a producer here. This is a veteran actor who was a producer on the movie but says nothing when the armorer is not around when a gun is brought to set but the second AD hands it to him. All incredible no-goes.

According to Reuters as of 5:15 ET Monday, Jan.23

Western movie "Rust" will continue filming with Alec Baldwin in the lead role, a lawyer for the production said Monday, days after prosecutors said they would charge the actor in the fatal shooting of the movie's cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

According to Reuters as of 5:15 ET Monday, Jan.23

Western movie "Rust" will continue filming with Alec Baldwin in the lead role, a lawyer for the production said Monday, days after prosecutors said they would charge the actor in the fatal shooting of the movie's cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

I hope it's with Halynas family blessing or the this movie will be a clusterf**k.

21 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Yes.  It was part of the settlement deal.  Her husband is serving as Executive Producer on the film.

He is also supporting the criminal charges against Alec. If Alec is found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, it's a mandatory 18 month sentence.

1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

He is also supporting the criminal charges against Alec. If Alec is found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, it's a mandatory 18 month sentence.

He also seems okay with Alec still staring in the movie. 

So I had a thought. I wonder if Jensen's role on Big Sky was a way to introduce his character Beau for a potential spinoff. He moves back to wherever his child lives (I don't watch the show so I don't know where that is). He's a single/divorced dad who is also a Sheriff of whatever town/city.

The season finale of BS did kind of leave his character up in the air.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Apparently sounds like it's another super hero project.

Jensen Ackles' Mystery DC Project Involves Arrowverse Boss Greg Berlanti (cbr.com)

https://www.cbr.com/dc-jensen-ackles-mystery-project-arrowverse-greg-berlanti/

That was before all the upheaval at WB last year. Maybe they are revisiting this project now since both Berlanti and Chaos Machine re-upped their contracts with WB. But it could be something completely different.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Myrelle said:

???...

That article is from almost a year ago.

That's true but nothing else has been announced and putting a series/movie together takes time. Robbie was working on The Winchesters in the fall of 2019. We should hear something soon.

Not sure if it is appropriate to post this here, but I saw on another site that Annie Wersching has passed away from cancer.  Annie was in the much loved episode "Playthings" as the hotel owner and mother of the girl with the ghost friend.

• Sad 7

@Casseiopeia Love it!! I heard/read somewhere that the SN set had a grave site somewhere complete with a fully dug grave and the guys just had to do a couple of realistic shovels-full to "expose the skeleton/person". I had to admit though, they really sold the whole "this is hard work" look! 😄

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

It somehow seems wrong to me on more than one level that this was posted on YouTube.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I didn't watch it.

If it were immediately after the accident, with all the raw emotions and personal feelings on display, I would have been appalled.  But this appears to have been done about 6 months ago just to clarify some things.  It was a very thoughtful and insightful look at the BTS of low-budget films and Jensen's main interest was clearly that he wanted to know *how* the live round ended up on the set, not blaming or second-guessing.  I would suggest you watch at least a little bit.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

It somehow seems wrong to me on more than one level that this was posted on YouTube.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I didn't watch it.

I had a few moments of hesitation posting it but decided everyone could decide for themselves whether to watch it or not.

I just felt really bad for Jensen. First for having to go through such a traumatic experience and then having to relive it as accurately as he could remember in an official  interrogation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No mention of whether Jensen is expected to return.  From his interview, he only had a few days of filming left for his part.

I'm definitely mixed on this.  Even if they dedicate the film to the woman who died, that's obviously not going to negate the tragedy.  On the other hand, a lot of people are involved in a film production that had absolutely nothing to do with the live ammunition.  

I still can't get over that the next scene to be filmed after the shooting was to be a shoot out between Alec and Jensen's characters.

• Like 1

I think that Jensen will complete his role since he's always wanted to act in a western. I also agree how scary it is to think the next scene was a shoot-out involving Alec's gun and Jensen.

As far as Halyna's tragic death is concerned, he husband is now an executive producer, so finishing the movie will bring more money into her family.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

All charges were dropped against Alec Baldwin. I think now it's all on the armorer.

As it should be. From Jensen's deposition with the police, he noted that she was young, inexperienced, and a little cocky. It would have been setting a horrible precedent to accuse actors for such gun-related accidents. I think Jensen is smart to always check his gun - but that only protects others on set, not him.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I think Jensen is smart to always check his gun - but that only protects others on set, not him.

If he's going to finish the shoot, the next scene was supposed to be a shootout with his character and Baldwin's.  Even though I'm sure they're going to be super, SUPER paranoid and careful, I'd still want him to check all the other guns, not just his own, especially ones that are going to be pointed at him.  

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

If he's going to finish the shoot, the next scene was supposed to be a shootout with his character and Baldwin's.  Even though I'm sure they're going to be super, SUPER paranoid and careful, I'd still want him to check all the other guns, not just his own, especially ones that are going to be pointed at him.  

I would be surprised if they used any real guns on the set again.

Edited by Shadow42
Clarification
55 minutes ago, Shadow42 said:

I would be surprised if they used any real guns on the set.

They do have to match all scenes previously shot.  The news reported:

"The production will continue to utilize union crew members and will bar any use of working weapons and any form of ammunition. Live ammunition is -- and always was -- prohibited on set," Melina Spadone, an attorney for Rust Movie Productions, said in a statement.

I'm  not sure if "working weapons" just means they can't fire but are still real guns.  I'd still check everything 10 or 12 times before letting someone point anything that even looks like a weapon at me.  

• Like 3

So it does look like they are looking into Alec's claim the gun went off with out having pulled the trigger. Forensics apparently indicated that might have been the case.

Still doesn't explain the live round.

• Useful 1