Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

On 4/21/2023 at 4:14 PM, Shadow42 said:

So it does look like they are looking into Alec's claim the gun went off with out having pulled the trigger. Forensics apparently indicated that might have been the case.

Still doesn't explain the live round.

Ah, I was wondering what forensics they were investigating. I heard that they dropped charges against Alec, I always thought it was wrong to put that on the actor. 

• Like 2
On 4/24/2023 at 7:37 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Would this make it more likely that The Winchesters could jump too?  I don't know how these contracts between studios & production companies work.

Amazon would have the better opportunity for renewal, as the budget would be larger to cover expensive CGI filming.  Plus, maybe a better pool of writers for Robbie to choose from, as I felt the middle of the season lacked something.

1 hour ago, roamyn said:

Would this make it more likely that The Winchesters could jump too?  I don't know how these contracts between studios & production companies work.

Amazon would have the better opportunity for renewal, as the budget would be larger to cover expensive CGI filming.  Plus, maybe a better pool of writers for Robbie to choose from, as I felt the middle of the season lacked something.

I have no idea how the rights situation works out in this case. It`s one thing to licence existing products from another studio/company, another to do it yourself. The Winchesters was on amazon to buy pretty early on but of course noone ever really knows how shows do on streamers. 

What I`m baffled by is CW Nexstar not having made announcements already. I figured they would barely wait until the Seasons finished and then drop axes left and right. I mean they did for Stargirl. I don`t realistically see a future on the CW as is so maybe if Warner does continue to produce it then via a licencing/cost-sharing deal with amazon? Such things are not uncommon, the new Star Trek stuff was half-financed via Netflix, half by Paramount.    

4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I have no idea how the rights situation works out in this case. It`s one thing to licence existing products from another studio/company, another to do it yourself. The Winchesters was on amazon to buy pretty early on but of course noone ever really knows how shows do on streamers. 

What I`m baffled by is CW Nexstar not having made announcements already. I figured they would barely wait until the Seasons finished and then drop axes left and right. I mean they did for Stargirl. I don`t realistically see a future on the CW as is so maybe if Warner does continue to produce it then via a licencing/cost-sharing deal with amazon? Such things are not uncommon, the new Star Trek stuff was half-financed via Netflix, half by Paramount.    

Right now the writers strike has put everything on hold. Depending on how long it lasts (100 days last time) will determine what shows will go forward. It would be very difficult for Amazon to obtain the rights to TW from the WB without any promises of cast and crew availability much less what WB will ask in return. 

I think that's why Nextstar has been acquiring overseas series from a few years ago.

(edited)

Walker was renewed for a fourth season!  Congratulations Jared!  It's great to see a SPN alum do so well in his career.

Edited by Mulva
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

So did they re film all of Jensen's scenes???

I don't see anything online about Jensen being replaced.  Variety noted: 

Patrick Scott McDermott has also been added to the cast, taking over for Brady Noon, who was not available to complete filming due to other commitments.

Filming ended on 5/15, with nothing else noted by anyone.  THR article doesn't seem to mention Jensen either, and I can't see anything anywhere about Josh Hopkins.  Maybe Fangasm got things mixed up?  Or everyone is keeping it secret....

20 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't see anything online about Jensen being replaced.  Variety noted: 

Patrick Scott McDermott has also been added to the cast, taking over for Brady Noon, who was not available to complete filming due to other commitments.

Filming ended on 5/15, with nothing else noted by anyone.  THR article doesn't seem to mention Jensen either, and I can't see anything anywhere about Josh Hopkins.  Maybe Fangasm got things mixed up?  Or everyone is keeping it secret....

When I clicked on the link to the THR article, this passage was in it: "Actor Josh Hopkins has replaced the character who was played by Jensen Ackles, who departed the project due to a scheduling conflict."

No idea if they mean just for some pick-up shoots or wholesale. 

I'm way more intrigued by the scheduling conflict. 

• Like 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

THR article doesn't seem to mention Jensen either,

I just read the article and it said Jensen departed and was replaced due to scheduling conflicts. Maybe some other news site will dispute or confirm the info.

Sounds like a couple of actors wanted to disassociate themselves from the project.

Edited by Casseiopeia
5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I just read the article and it said Jensen departed and was replaced due to scheduling conflicts. Maybe some other news site will dispute or confirm the info.

Sounds like a couple of actors wanted to disassociate themselves from the project.

Huh.  I guess I didn't read all the way to the bottom of the article.  Sorry.  It was more of a throwaway line than any big news.

I still haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.  

(edited)
18 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

When I clicked on the link to the THR article, this passage was in it: "Actor Josh Hopkins has replaced the character who was played by Jensen Ackles, who departed the project due to a scheduling conflict."

No idea if they mean just for some pick-up shoots or wholesale. 

I'm way more intrigued by the scheduling conflict. 

They probably just needed a stand-in for a few last shots and likely from the back or his character might even die at the end.

I very much doubt that they re-shot any of Jensen's original scenes, but yes!-I am also far more interested in what the scheduling conflict might have been/be. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Myrelle said:

They probably just needed a stand-in for a few last shots and likely from the back or his character might even die at the end.

I very much doubt that they re-shot any of Jensen's original scenes, but yes!-I am also far more interested in what the scheduling conflict might have been/be. 

Scheduling conflict could be code for I don't need to be associated with this movie thanks.

36 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Scheduling conflict could be code for I don't need to be associated with this movie thanks.

Or it could also be code for "I don't like what you said about the lack of weapons security or training."  Jensen was pretty clear about his feelings on that.

I know Jensen said he only had a few days of filming left, but if those scenes could be filled in by a body (or stunt) double, why hire a known actor to fill in?  OTOH, since filming finished on time, they really didn't have the time to reshoot all of Jensen's scenes. 

IMDB still shows Jensen listed, and no mention of Josh Hopkins, but Brady Noon isn't mentioned at all, so I assume his role was redone.  (Or maybe the majority of his part hadn't been filmed yet by the time of the shutdown?)  

I'm confused.  

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Or it could be he had a genuine scheduling conflict, no "coding" necessary. 

• Like 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Or it could be he had a genuine scheduling conflict, no "coding" necessary. 

Could be but Jensen did say he would finish the film. Who knows, only THR is reporting a cast change.

Edited by Shadow42
(edited)

IIRC, it was originally a 6 week shoot and the tragedy happened just over half way through.  I think they had 2-3 weeks left to shoot.  Which fits the filming permit someone found that said they were filming until the 25th. (Not sure if this includes the documentary they are planning. 

It seemed like Jensen filmed pretty much every day until filming shut down.   So would they have enough time to re-film all of Jensen's scenes? 

Jensen said he only had a few days left to film, so I wonder if they are going to keep what he filmed and give his remaining action scenes/ dialog to Josh.  There probably weren't many left.   It would seem more economical just to kill Jensen's character off screen, or kill him off using a stand in and film the rest of the movie than to start from scratch.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Like 3

Whatever the outcome - Jensen remains, but not in a few scenes or is replaced completely - unless Jensen has a positive reason for the change, we'll never know. Jensen usually only discusses business when it doesn't reflect negatively on anyone. Actually, that's one of the reasons that I was so surprised when he spoke negatively about the filming of the fight scene in the finale of S13 and that he didn't like the series finale. He probably had reached his limit with that bunch at the time.

At the police station interview Jensen said he’d filmed most of his character’s backstory before the incident.  It seemed like a kind of separate back story and now his character was moving into the main storyline meeting up with Alec et al.
So why reshoot with a new actor?  His bit was almost done… except for the shootout (my understanding is Jensen would’ve been involved in the shootout, the mind boggles!)

it’s all just such a shame.  Jensen was having fun and living the dream.
Hopefully this incident has brought more awareness around movie set safety.  Despite all the fun they had on supernatural I get the impression it was always safety first.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Alec Baldwin released an Instagram saying they just wrapped the final day of shooting.  He thanks people, but not one mention of Jensen.  I'm very confused.

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

So in this video at the very end is a group photo of all the cast and crew on the last day of filming. Jensen's name is on the photo and it looks like he is in the back row.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/movies/alec-baldwin-wraps-filming-on-rust/vi-AA1bguD7?ocid=msedgntp

I don't think that photo was from the last day of shooting.  Isn't that Halyna Hutchins standing in the second row behind Baldwin?

6 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't think that photo was from the last day of shooting.  Isn't that Halyna Hutchins standing in the second row behind Baldwin?

I wondered if that was her but it also looks like an end of shooting group photo. The plot thickens.

(edited)

Just for the heck of it.  Buzzfeed had this article today:

24 TV And Movie Roles That Were So Perfectly Portrayed By An Actor, Literally No One Else Could Have Done It

Every so often while watching a movie or a TV show, you come across a performance that is so pitch-perfect, you're convinced no other actor on Earth would have been able to play the role.

Several come to mind for me immediately, and I wanted to know what the BuzzFeed Community thought. So, I recently asked them to share the roles they thought fit this criterion, and they are honestly so correct.

And, of course, one of the ones listed was:

20."Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester in Supernatural. No one else could have brought such a believable complexity to that character."

I always love when others recognize greatness!

ETA:  I also LOVE the term "believable complexity."  Definitely Dean Winchester!

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Just for the heck of it.  Buzzfeed had this article today:

24 TV And Movie Roles That Were So Perfectly Portrayed By An Actor, Literally No One Else Could Have Done It

Every so often while watching a movie or a TV show, you come across a performance that is so pitch-perfect, you're convinced no other actor on Earth would have been able to play the role.

Several come to mind for me immediately, and I wanted to know what the BuzzFeed Community thought. So, I recently asked them to share the roles they thought fit this criterion, and they are honestly so correct.

And, of course, one of the ones listed was:

20."Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester in Supernatural. No one else could have brought such a believable complexity to that character."

I always love when others recognize greatness!

ETA:  I also LOVE the term "believable complexity."  Definitely Dean Winchester!

Agreed, I can't even imagine anyone else playing Dean Winchester. And now, I can't picture anyone else playing Soldier Boy! Jensen is so good 😊

• Like 5
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

sigh....

I wish Misha wouldn't troll his fans, even just to make a point.

Personally, I think Cas is "gender blind"...that is, he loves the person (or being), and is happy to accommodate whatever gender/form/preferences they may have.  

• Like 6
On 7/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, Myrelle said:

I believe he was spotted in Virginia most recently. 

I know a group he is a part of bought a mansion/property or something like that in Connecticut. Maybe they finally had enough of the Texas heat.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:34 AM, Aeryn13 said:

In what capacity? As an actor it would be quite difficult to go during the strike. 

I can't see Cliff and Jensen driving somewhere that wasn't business related but who knows.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, Myrelle said:

I believe he was spotted in Virginia most recently. 

I think Jason Manns lives in Virginia. He opened a music venue wherever he lives. Maybe Jensen is going there to help him?

• Useful 2
On 7/30/2023 at 3:01 AM, Casseiopeia said:

I know a group he is a part of bought a mansion/property or something like that in Connecticut. Maybe they finally had enough of the Texas heat.

I can't see Cliff and Jensen driving somewhere that wasn't business related but who knows.

Buisness related, likely. But to a Con in the midst of a strike? If he wanted to be done as an actor, that would have been the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/29/2023 at 7:01 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Articles say a "trust tied to" Jensen bought the house.  It was reported in the WSJ here: 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-once-abandoned-connecticut-home-sells-for-9-375-million-4c4794ba 

I couldn’t read the whole article because I don’t have a subscription, but there was another article (with pictures of the property) here:

https://tvserieswelove.com/supernatural-star-jensen-ackles-buys-once-abandoned-connecticut-mansion-photos/ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 7/31/2023 at 4:19 AM, Aeryn13 said:

Buisness related, likely. But to a Con in the midst of a strike? If he wanted to be done as an actor, that would have been the way to go.

Aren't they still doing cons as actors?

20 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Aren't they still doing cons as actors?

It`s a thin line. They can if they promote nothing of their work. Which at Comic Con would have been difficult because that`s less of a fan convention these days than a super-promo tool.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

That CT mansion is gorgeous!  It doesn't seem to fit with their kind of quirky style.  The house in Arch Digest had a number of odd little details which they added to the home.